00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab

15,408 Views | 176 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-04 10:20:34

Count me in. Don't have an idea yet, but I'll definitely submit something.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-04 10:41:26

I really like it. If I had to say anything, maybe if elements could be spaced out a little more to give it a wider feel. That is a minor though.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-05 09:34:58

At 2/4/11 10:41 AM, Kap13 wrote: I really like it. If I had to say anything, maybe if elements could be spaced out a little more to give it a wider feel. That is a minor though.

Might be helpful if you quoted from the person whom uploaded the picture you're talking about. ;]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-06 18:06:56

For the actual construction of the collab and it's visual theme I have a few ideas, maybe I could get some input on them from you guys:

- a time capsule
- an alien/aliens stumbling upon the remnants of the earth
- a space probe (a la Voyager I) with a record of the end of life on earth

Any other ideas and suggestions on refining/illustrating these ideas are welcome.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-06 18:10:53

At 2/6/11 06:06 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: - an alien/aliens stumbling upon the remnants of the earth

these 2 would probably work best, time capsule i dont know how it would work, if its the end of humanity then who digs it up? think the aliens stumbling upon remnants would probably work best but its your final decision

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-06 18:38:01

At 2/6/11 06:10 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 2/6/11 06:06 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: - an alien/aliens stumbling upon the remnants of the earth
these 2 would probably work best, time capsule i dont know how it would work, if its the end of humanity then who digs it up? think the aliens stumbling upon remnants would probably work best but its your final decision.

I second this; the aliens could have like different possible scenarios (differnt drawings)... "actually according to our research earth was destroyed by giant chicks riding nukes..."

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-06 18:58:03

At 2/6/11 06:06 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: For the actual construction of the collab and it's visual theme I have a few ideas, maybe I could get some input on them from you guys:

- a time capsule
- an alien/aliens stumbling upon the remnants of the earth

I think these could kind of go together. Aliens stumble upon earth, millenia in the future. It is fairly quiet and desolate. There are a few critters that have survived and reproduced, so not all is lost. The aliens enter a clearing, which in the center is a mound of dirt with a withering flag. (don't ask me how it survived.) They scan it or something and discover a capsule. They dig it up, and inside is, basically, a recount of what happened.

I think I'm reading too far into this. Fuck it, I like my idea :D

I really like this one. Its pretty cool. I would think there should be a NASA logo in the bottom corner, in the opening scene. Maybe times and dates recorded as well. A robotic/electronic font would look cool :P

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-09 12:19:33

I'm a bit under the weather, hoping the antibiotics I'm on will kick in soon.

Time capsule scenario is out.

I love your idea about the aliens talking about their research, J-qb, I guess it could be done in either text or voice over (but voice would really balloon the size of the .swf) or possibly an alien language-- there could just be a four or so gibberish recordings and then it would be translated in subtitle to be relevant to each image.

I think I'm going to go that direction.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-10 12:38:29

Wow, what an amazing idea for a collab!

I'd totally join this if I wasn't already a figment of your imagination.

. h . a . t . e .

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-10 13:36:05

At 2/10/11 12:38 PM, BlackmarketClock wrote: I'd totally join this if I wasn't already a figment of your imagination.

I should probably lay off the mescaline then....

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-11 13:12:17

At 2/10/11 01:36 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/10/11 12:38 PM, BlackmarketClock wrote: I'd totally join this if I wasn't already a figment of your imagination.
I should probably lay off the mescaline then....

Probably, pure mescaline is not legal in Canada, man.
You could grow and use peyote though.... to bad it won't grow in ice... =P

. h . a . t . e .

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-11 16:20:17

THIS IS A COMPLETE JOKE!
i was really bored and i was watching tv and *shiver* "glee" just a 5 minute joke :3

this is what this guy would do simmular to me would do (i cant draw facial stuff so i came up this is monster lol) if i saw *BIGGER shiver* glee coming back

What are you expecting,something big!?

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-11 16:22:05

AAANNNDDDD I got a new tablet lol that was the main thing

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-11 18:42:26

At 2/11/11 04:22 PM, OwlMaster wrote: AAANNNDDDD I got a new tablet lol that was the main thing

I don't know if your posting in the right area I mean if this was meant to apocalyptic surely it would have been depressing somewhat.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-12 06:13:39

lol dont ask about the state i was in when i drew that if you were to call that a picture or yet a monstrosity.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-12 08:04:39

Contributin' but not in a way you'd think I would.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-12 17:43:04

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-13 03:32:43

Whoop-whoop. Not done yet, but it has to wait in line to get all digitized.

Mass Cannibalism
The Human Race, after quite a few mishaps at dinner with each other, discovered just how tasty it was. After many wars between social classes and more then a few Nuclear Bombs to "spice up the meat" it suddenly found itself extinct.

The only ones to survive were the Sock Puppets, by hiding inside abandoned Tire Swings.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-13 18:32:15

Another Entry for you...
BIGGER VERSION

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-13 18:43:36

Alright, some good stuff is pouring in!

At 2/12/11 05:43 PM, Ashman wrote: Om nom nom

Nice one Ashman! Thanks a lot.

At 2/13/11 06:32 PM, deadspread83 wrote: Another Entry for you...
BIGGER VERSION

Sextastic as usual, deadspread83! I really appreciate it!

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-14 21:52:38

After much sketching and hand cramps, I've managed to churn out something that resembles "art". I call it "Minibike Gangs". In this apocalyptic world, motorcycle gangs can't afford real choppers so they resort to second-hand mini bikes to get them to their crimes. I'll upload a better quality pic HERE, the compression really hurts after those long hours painstakingly sketching and coloring.

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-15 05:35:34

Oh yea, I'm gonna participate :D

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-16 23:24:52

At 2/14/11 09:52 PM, SoConfused wrote: "Minibike Gangs"

Very nice. I like your interpretation of the apocalyptic world.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-16 23:49:07

At 2/16/11 11:24 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 2/14/11 09:52 PM, SoConfused wrote: "Minibike Gangs"
Very nice. I like your interpretation of the apocalyptic world.

I've just noticed some grievous mistakes on my original picture!!! (I even forgot to color the guy's shades!)
So I've changed them and uploaded the picture to my file dump HERE

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-18 16:21:11

At 2/16/11 11:49 PM, SoConfused wrote:
So I've changed them and uploaded the picture to my file dump HERE

Okie dokie.

--

Let's keep the excellent submissions coming, people.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-18 18:29:35

I hope you don't mind a second picture from me...

This second submission is the end of the world, and not just mankind. I'll let the picture speak for itself. I added a blur to the bottom half of each of the asteroids, tell me if that just makes the picture look worse than if it was all solid. I wanted to give a sense of speed to the family of asteroids. Heres a better quality pic.

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-19 17:59:53

At 2/18/11 06:29 PM, SoConfused wrote: I hope you don't mind a second picture from me...

Of course not, you do nice work! Love it.

--

So I was thinking some more about the presentation and the idea of blowing up each slide came into my head, like showing an explosion as the transition between slides.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that? Would that work? Could we tie it, somehow into a larger theme? Maybe some tips on animating an explosion or how to make an explosion sound clip or something?

Input always appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-21 11:00:39

I like the explosion transition idea, as far as how to animate it, not sure, but I know of a website http://www.findsounds.com/types.html that you could prolly find an explosion sound.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-21 11:31:00

How many people are in on this? Room for one more?

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-02-21 11:37:26

At 2/21/11 11:31 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: How many people are in on this? Room for one more?

There absolutely is room for more.
It's not a closed project, it's open to anyone who wishes to produce a quality piece of art.

BBS Signature