00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CycloneZone just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Paper Mario!

16,521 Views | 89 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-02 22:52:00

Does anyone know if the Paper Mario 3DS will be the same game as the original Paper Mario for the N64? I would DEFINITELY buy the 3DS just to play this game! Same with Zelda: Orcania of Time!

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-06 10:59:41

At 1/2/11 10:52 PM, UnknownFear wrote: Does anyone know if the Paper Mario 3DS will be the same game as the original Paper Mario for the N64? I would DEFINITELY buy the 3DS just to play this game! Same with Zelda: Orcania of Time!

I don't think it is a remake. I believe it is totally different, but this time, it reverts back to the Mushroom Kingdom setting. I might also if they don't make a version for Wii, but the name Paper Mario 3DS does suggest that it is only for the 3DS.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-06 21:18:23

At 1/2/11 10:52 PM, UnknownFear wrote: Does anyone know if the Paper Mario 3DS will be the same game as the original Paper Mario for the N64? I would DEFINITELY buy the 3DS just to play this game! Same with Zelda: Orcania of Time!

We can deduce enough from the game's screenshots that it will not be a remake. And I, too, will be getting a 3DS just for this title.

Although I still don't know why people are still going over the moon about OoT on 3DS. Besides a slight graphical update, there shouldn't be anything new. But hey, we don't know yet. For all we know, they may take it seriously and do what they did with Metroid Zero Mission with all new content.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-07 01:16:04

At 1/6/11 09:18 PM, Gustavos wrote: Although I still don't know why people are still going over the moon about OoT on 3DS. Besides a slight graphical update, there shouldn't be anything new. But hey, we don't know yet. For all we know, they may take it seriously and do what they did with Metroid Zero Mission with all new content.

There will be more content on Oot. Look at how differnt super mario 64 was to the ds.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-07 12:26:39

At 1/6/11 09:18 PM, Gustavos wrote:
There will be more content on Oot. Look at how differnt super mario 64 was to the ds.

Yeah, they added a booty load of stuff. Like Wario and crud.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-07 12:34:58

At 1/7/11 12:26 PM, DunamisBeam wrote:

Clear the game to unlock the possibility to play as TINGLE!

Zephiran: Maintaining grammatical correctness while displaying astonishing levels of immaturity.

I was gonna clean my room.

But then I got pie.

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-07 12:48:25

At 1/7/11 12:34 PM, zephiran wrote:

Who is tingle? Is that in Super Mario 64 DS?

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-08 13:39:20

At 1/7/11 05:37 PM, logic wrote: I've played and beaten all paper mario games, I am an avid fan of the series. Here's to hoping the 3DI Paper Mario will be good.

Favs

1 - TTYD

2 - Paper Mario N64

3 - Super Paper Mario

My gripe with Paper Mario n64 is that after you beat bowser when you reload the save if you want to go back to toad town YOU HAVE TO FUCKING WALK ALL THE WAY BACK. In TTYD it continues after the ending.

Super Paper Mario wasn't true to the RPG element so it's my least favorite.

Nice. Yeah I do agree with that logic.

NOW:
To everyone:
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER???
(Can be Mario or any character from all the series)

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-08 14:39:32

At 1/8/11 01:39 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER???

Mess with the Hawk and you'll get RAAAAWWWWWWWKED

Paper Mario!

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-08 14:49:31

I've beaten all of them, my favorite series of the Mario Franchise.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-09 18:12:28

Beat the first one, 2nd one got stolen before i could beat it, 3rd one i just lost interest.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-09 19:32:25

At 1/7/11 12:48 PM, DunamisBeam wrote:
At 1/7/11 12:34 PM, zephiran wrote:
Who is tingle? Is that in Super Mario 64 DS?

A minor supporting character in The Legend of Zelda . Has his own set of spinoff games. I hope to god he isn't hiding in the Super Mario 64 DS cartridge somewhere. If he shows up in the OoT 3DS game I'm shitting something.

The man in question. He is a single, 35-year old man looking for fairies. Interested?

Zephiran: Maintaining grammatical correctness while displaying astonishing levels of immaturity.

I was gonna clean my room.

But then I got pie.

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-09 19:36:26

wait, paper mario and OoT on 3ds? fuck it, haven't owned a handheld since I was eleven, but I'm so buying that shit

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-09 21:26:07

At 1/9/11 07:36 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: wait, paper mario and OoT on 3ds? fuck it, haven't owned a handheld since I was eleven, but I'm so buying that shit

Definitely my thoughts exactly :)

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-10 03:59:34

I beat the first 2, still havent gotten SPM (Dont know why...) but the one thing I love most about those 2 games - Its like FFX, except not as real, but its not Mario Party, which can be plain annoying. A mix of both worlds :D

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-10 04:01:10

At 1/8/11 03:47 PM, logic wrote: Count Bleck, It's a shame he was in Super Paper Mario and not a better one in the series.

That boss is TOTALLY not racist. Not even the name. Count Bleck. So inncoent!

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-11 15:13:56

I like the Invincible Tubba Blubba.

I want to know everyone else's favorite character.

Paper Mario!

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-11 16:21:10

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year door. Awesome RPG.

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-11 20:28:37

At 1/11/11 04:21 PM, deadroad wrote: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year door. Awesome RPG.

What is your favorite character...EVER?!?!

I want to know everyone's favorite Character. Can be from any one of the Paper Marios

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-12 17:14:04

Oh well.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-13 10:48:12

Ok this thread is dead, lock it please.

LOCKED BY DUNAMI

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-01-13 11:40:49

paper mario: played/ lost game
paper mario. Thousand year door: play/ beat

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 16:35:38

If you had BEATEN the second you'd know that it was....IS the best. But keep your eyes peeled for Paper Mario 3DS!!

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 16:46:11

Paper Mario - I have played it and beaten it 8 times. I love this game and I know it inside and out.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - I have played it and beaten it 9 times. This is one of my favorite video games of all-time. I loved the story and this one is my favorite of the series.

Super Paper Mario - I played it, but never beaten it because I just didn't like it.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 17:09:43

Beat them all, they are all awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 17:50:59

Playing through PM: The Thousand Year Door right now. Already up to Fahr Outpost.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 19:19:23

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door is my favorite GameCube game ever! It's also the ebst of the Paper Mario series if you ask me. The first one is my 2nd favorite, but I never beaten it which is a shame. It's truly a masterpiece of a game.

Though Super Paper Mario is just a thorn in your ass. The game is decent, but they removed about eveything that was awesome with the 2 first games. Such as the battle stage. By removing the battle scenes they turned Paper Mario from being an platforming/rpg to just platform. They also removed cool sidekicks. The fairies is lame and so is 2D-3D switching. The only cool part I actually remember from the game is that chapter with the character that mindfuck you by transforming into other characters... I beat the game just because of the lack of Wii games.

Then again mindfucks also happened in Thouasand Year Door in the chapter you recruit Vivian and fight the ghost with no name... so TYD wins in every way.

but I got to admit that Bowsers plan in the first Paper Mario worked pretty well for a change!

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 20:58:07

This thread made me start playing the whole trilogy on and off. I remember when I booted up the first one, I didn't stop playing it until getting the second star spirit. Currently on Yoshi's Island (Lavalava Island) in that game. In Thousand Year Door, I'm much further. On the goddamned moon, bitches. I also booted up Super Paper Mario not too long ago, and only played for 20 minutes. I'll probably play it all though. It's a good platformer, I'm just still not acknowledging it as Paper Mario 3.

I'm really getting into the first two games though. I'm doing all the sidequests and stuff I barely remembered from when I played them years back. I had never found Ms. Mowz until now, and all I used her for is finding a hell of a lot more shine sprites and star pieces than ever. My friends made fun of how lame Vivian is because there's a typo in the japanese release where Beldam calls her an ugly man, and now I'm using her all the time just to spite them. Bobbery is overpowered anyway. The more I play these games, the more I can't wait for Paper Mario 3DS. Even the title is making me believe the devs are gonna restore the series to its former glory, to make a true Paper Mario 3.

I mean, really! Super Paper Mario is a half-assed game. The character designs are unlikeable, the game itself is slow and uneventful. The enemies and bosses are too easy, and they took out star points, badges, partners that fight alongside you, and there's no longer a 3D world populated by 2D characters. Nothing about Super Paper Mario has to do with Paper. It's just a shoddy attempt at mixing Paper Mario with Super Mario Bros. I sincerely hope Nintendo is ready to use the 3DS's hardware to its fullest. It's already surpassed the N64 anyway.

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 22:01:40

for me i only played the thousand year door, i mean i played the first chapter of the 1st one but that was in a hotel so i never finished. But honestly that game was the best thing to come out on gamecube. period. It never got old due to all the different environments and places they took you and the gritty aspects of the game made it all the better. And as for the moon being challenging, i dont understand that even when i first got it and played it(10 or 11 years old) i beat that boss and only got stuck on bowser.

I recently got it again and raped at it. Koops and Bombery are the only partners you need to win. The shadow queen killed me 2x. First i wasn't really prepared. Second time she raped me before i fought her second stage. 3rd time, forget it, I made that hoe my bitch. Use the attacks that kill her hands and shes easy. Never got to bone tail tried to, only got on 30, quit and never tried again.

Bowser is definately my favorite character, hes a boss(literally) and thats that

Paper Mario!

Response to Paper Mario! 2011-02-19 22:07:03

Gave up half way through paper mario (1) as it was so hard.
Never played 1000 year door.
And got to the rupee firing boss in super paper mario and it kept freezing so I gave up.
But the one for the 3DS sounds good