Be a Supporter!
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 11:57 AM Reply

This thread makes me want to go through Paper Mario all over again. Is there any way to get it on the computer like a computer game? That would be so epic. I don't have the original cartridge, I have it on the Wii.

cheesimon3
cheesimon3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 12:08 PM Reply

In TTYD did any of you guys find and recruit ms. mowze? she was an optional helper character. I beat it b4 i found her :P

Tarkus is dead.
There is no god.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 11:57 AM, DunamisBeam wrote: Is there any way to get it on the computer like a computer game? That would be so epic. I don't have the original cartridge, I have it on the Wii.

There is emulation, which is illegal unless you own a bought copy of the actual game. The virtual console is a legal example, so emulating only games you own is fine. A good downloadable N64 emulator is Project 64. Then you only have to find a download of the ROM for Paper Mario.

I did it because my Nintendo 64 and (real) copy of Paper Mario is in the attic, and I'm too lazy to get it down and find a place to plug it in.

At 12/28/10 12:08 PM, cheesimon3 wrote: In TTYD did any of you guys find and recruit ms. mowze? she was an optional helper character. I beat it b4 i found her :P

I still haven't figured out how to recruit her. You take on her trouble to find a badge, right? I searched all over Hooktail's castle and found nothing. I heard she wasn't that great anyway, but the game is low on party members, and it feels like I missed a BIG part of the game every time I hear about her.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Squishy69
Squishy69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 01:50 PM Reply

Well guess I'll have to come clean. Back in my younger more ignorant days I relied heavily on strategy guides for just about every game I owned, the first two Paper Mario games being no exception. For that I apologize to those who have struggled and failed to beat the game as I may have myself been unable to complete them unadvised (then again I'm not one to leave games like those unbeat for long so I would've found a way :P).
To make it up I'll give you some info: The badge to get Ms. Mowz is in the room you fought Hooktail in. You use Madame Flurrie to blow away the middle section of the floor to reveal a chest, and blamo: New party member.

DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:06 PM Reply

'Tis true, man. Once you accept her badge challenge, you go to Hooktail's castle (the 1st Boss), and go to the place where you found Hooktail. Then, you use Madam Flurry to use her ability of blowing to find a hidden treasure chest with a badge inside. Then you go all the way back to her and I think she says you can keep the badge, gives you a kiss on the cheek, and says that she wants to join your party.

The thing I NEVER got was the orb thing. I knew you had to have that bomb guy to blow up a wall to get it, and that you gave it to someone so that your party buddy dudes and dudettes could be upgraded again or something like that.

DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Plus, I don't like what they did to the characters that join your party throughout the game. Check this out.

Paper Mario!

TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:30 PM Reply

Sweeped through all of them with the totalitarian wrath of a perfectionist.

1. TTYD
2. The OG
3. Super

TTYD is #1 for obvious reasons. Sweeped a couple times.

The OG is #2 for just being a cut below TTYD. Sweeped a few times.

Super ranks the worst due to the disconnect with the charm of the supporting characters. Sweeped once.

BBS Signature
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Exactly! Someone agrees with my picture logic above!

DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:34 PM Reply

By the way, I have played

Paper Mario 3+ times and beat it every time.

Paper Mario TTYD 2 times and couldn't manage to beat it. X(

Super Paper Mario 2 times beating it once and currently about to go face off with Count Bleck once again.

Paper Mario!

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:37 PM Reply

I played and beat the first one, and I think it's the weakest out of all the Mario RPGs I've played, and that includes Partners in Time. I have TTYD, hopefully it'll be better.

TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

Why does everyone have trouble with TTYD? Excluding Bonetail and possibly the Shadow Queen, the game's easy as fuck.

BBS Signature
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:43 PM Reply

Cool!

I just found out about a Paper Mario on the 3DS! If it's any good, I just might buy the 3DS for that sole purpose. XD

However, it is currently unreleased in Japan, and it is TBA in America, so there is no telling when it could come out. Does anyone know if the 3DS is out yet? If not, when does it come out?

TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 02:43 PM, DunamisBeam wrote:
Does anyone know if the 3DS is out yet? If not, when does it come out?

Japan - February 26, 2011

Europe/Austrailia - March 2011

North America - November 2012 ololo

At 12/28/10 02:37 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
I played and beat the first one, and I think it's the weakest out of all the Mario RPGs I've played, and that includes Partners in Time. I have TTYD, hopefully it'll be better.

Oh wow

That is just

BBS Signature
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 02:39 PM, TechnoGoomba wrote: Why does everyone have trouble with TTYD? Excluding Bonetail and possibly the Shadow Queen, the game's easy as f***.

I have no idea. Anyways, who is the boss of the moon level? I never got to the moon, but I did get the plans from the rich goomba to launch me there. Unfortunately, it was my friend's game. And where does Bonetail or Gloomtail come in? Is that in the pit of 100 trials?

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 03:24 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: I have no idea. Anyways, who is the boss of the moon level? I never got to the moon, but I did get the plans from the rich goomba to launch me there.

It was a rich bob-omb, actually. And I don't remember that chapter very well. It's where you infiltrate the X-Naut base.

And where does Bonetail or Gloomtail come in? Is that in the pit of 100 trials?

I've never fought him, but I've heard that Bonetail is the single hardest boss in the game and is at the end of the Pit of 100 Trials, making him totally optional. Gloomtail is Hooktails big brother and lives underground past the thousand year door. Not the 1000 year old demon, but is a pretty spontaneous fight making him a serious opponent.

I'm in Chapter 5 of TTYD for my second full run (I've made four attempts at this game total). So I've yet to reexperience the bigger plot developments.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 03:24 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: I have no idea. Anyways, who is the boss of the moon level?

Lord Fucking Crump controlling the Motherfucking Magnus Von Fucking Grapple 2. Fucking 0. He's pretty fucking easy except for this one fucking attack which fucks your fucking fuck if you're not motherfucking careful.

BBS Signature
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 04:24 PM Reply

I see your point.

TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 04:24 PM, DunamisBeam wrote: I see your point.

Use quotes, son. Otherwise you could be talking to anyone.

Also new partner species FTW

BBS Signature
zaxe7
zaxe7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 04:38 PM Reply

I've played and beat all of them although they are kind of easy when you compare them to other rpg's, but I always liked the creative designs in each game which made it really unique and fun to play through. If I had to pick I would go with the Super Paper Mario because I favored the designs and personality of each characters, the really fun, but weird story, and the overall design and capablities of the game which I found grew along with each system.

TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 04:38 PM, zaxe7 wrote: I favored the designs and personality of each characters

Yeah man look at this memorable and compelling character

Paper Mario!

BBS Signature
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 04:38 PM, zaxe7 wrote: I favored the designs and personality of each characters...

Wow. Really?

Paper Mario!

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 08:15 PM Reply

I only played the one for the N64, I think that one was simply called Paper Mario.

I gotta say that I really liked the game and it far exceeded my expectations. I mostly enjoyed it for its simplicity. The story and gameplay are about as basic as it can get, yet it was still challenging and fun.

I'm still planning on getting The Thousand Year Door for my Gamecube, but currently I can't find it anywhere for a decent price.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 12/28/10 08:15 PM, Auz wrote: I only played the one for the N64, I think that one was simply called Paper Mario.

I gotta say that I really liked the game and it far exceeded my expectations. I mostly enjoyed it for its simplicity. The story and gameplay are about as basic as it can get, yet it was still challenging and fun.

I'm still planning on getting The Thousand Year Door for my Gamecube, but currently I can't find it anywhere for a decent price.

In my opinion, Thousand Year Door isn't as fun as the first or the 3rd, Super Paper Mario.
The downside for Super Paper Mario is that it is not turn-based fighting like the first two.

The good thing is that I heard wind of a 3DS Paper Mario that will go back to the turn-based fighting style, and will have real partners, unlike those weird pixels in Super Paper Mario, which is another downside.
The bad news is that is TBA and not even released in Japan yet.

EDDDDDDDDD
EDDDDDDDDD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 12:16 AM Reply

I played TTYD and super paper mario, and I think TTYD is better. SPM ruined the whole "attack in order" thing, and TTYD has some some really awesome music.

Mortal kombat sprites are Aweshum

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 12/28/10 04:38 PM, zaxe7 wrote: I favored the designs and personality of each characters

Finally! Somebody who understands!

In reality, this pixel was one of the most memorable of the bunch you meet in the game, and I honestly remember nothing of what he said.

Paper Mario!

Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 03:26 AM Reply

I remember the original being on sale back when I was in elementary school good times good gaming good everything seriously

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 03:39 AM Reply

At 12/28/10 02:56 PM, TechnoGoomba wrote: Oh wow

That is just

Go ahead, say I have bad taste, but Paper Mario 64 had unimportant side characters that weren't interesting in the slightest, you couldn't carry more than 10 items, there was NO plot whatsoever (Seriously, all other Mario RPGs have stories except this), there was barely anything to capitalize on the "Paper" part of the title, and it was too easy. I will say this though, it had great music.

DunamisBeam
DunamisBeam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 09:21 AM Reply

At 12/29/10 03:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 12/28/10 02:56 PM, TechnoGoomba wrote: Oh wow

That is just
Go ahead, say I have bad taste, but Paper Mario 64 had unimportant side characters that weren't interesting in the slightest, you couldn't carry more than 10 items, there was NO plot whatsoever (Seriously, all other Mario RPGs have stories except this), there was barely anything to capitalize on the "Paper" part of the title, and it was too easy. I will say this though, it had great music.

I agree. The main reason I played was for the music, turn-based fighting, star spirit power-ups, and the unique mystery of the game, especially in the Dry Dry Ruins and in the Crystal Palace. Also, the best bosses were the Invincible Tubba Blubba, the Koopa Bros, and definitely the Crystal King dude.

Also, that Junior Troopa duck that you fight in the Prologue, after Chapter 1, after Chapter 3, after Chapter 5, during chapter 7, and before you fight Bowser. He is so cute. If he could hear me say that I would probably get a slap in the face.

Paper Mario!

psychomilkman
psychomilkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 12/27/10 11:20 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I've beaten all of those games and they were all great. I'm really excited for the new one that's coming out on the 3DS. Did you know that it'll have the return of the Frog Suit from Super Mario Bros. 3?

They're making a new one?! FUCKING YES!!! -excitement get!-

thelittleemo is mai butt buddy ;D
96 bitter beings
Whose Line is it anyway?

BBS Signature
TechnoGoomba
TechnoGoomba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Paper Mario! Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 12/29/10 03:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:

I can't really debate an opinion aside from wholeheartedly disagreeing with it, so bluh.

However...

At 12/29/10 09:21 AM, DunamisBeam wrote:
I agree. The main reason I played was for the music, turn-based fighting, star spirit power-ups, and the unique mystery of the game, especially in the Dry Dry Ruins and in the Crystal Palace. Also, the best bosses were the Invincible Tubba Blubba, the Koopa Bros, and definitely the Crystal King dude.

No man, it was totally not that good. Except for the characters. And the music. And the combat system. And the combat. And the plot. And the baddies.

...What?

Also, that Junior Troopa duck that you fight in the Prologue, after Chapter 1, after Chapter 3, after Chapter 5, during chapter 7, and before you fight Bowser.
Also, that Junior Troopa duck that you fight in the Prologue
Junior Troopa duck
duck

OMGWTFBBQ

BBS Signature