00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6-

33,492 Views | 318 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[ - - - CALLING ALL VOICE ACTORS - - - ]

If you are a voice actor and want to try proving your skills here on Newgrounds, then you should totally join the 6th voice acting contest. We have had some really awesome talent show up in every contest, and had some real fun in the thread. In each contest I create a simple and specific list of rules that everyone must follow while creating their own voice acting skit. Read the rules below! I am sure you will be able to be really creative with the criteria.

[ - - - IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST, READ THE RULES BELOW - - - ]

- Each entry needs to be a minimum of 2 minutes long and a maximum of 6 minutes long.

- Each entry must be about WINTER. This can be about Christmas, snowmen, a man going on a quest to capture the candycane princess, a depressed gingerbread man wishing he had more of a point in life that feeding people, and lots lots more. Be creative!

- Each entry must have at least 3 different voices.

- Each entry must be submitted by Janurary 10th, 11:59PM

- Each entry can be a comedy or a serious skit, but they must be your own material or a parody.

- No one may help you with your entry. You must do everything by yourself.

- All sounds effects and music must be royalty free. No copyright material is allowed.

- All entries must be sent to the NG audio portal. If you are banned, get a friend to submit it for you.

- Disobeying any rules will result in disqualification.

[ - - - NOW YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CREATE AN AWESOME VOICE ACTING SKIT! - - - ]

After reading these rules, you should know all you need to know... assuming you know how to voice act and everything lol. Remember, all entries must be based oaround something WINTERY. Like I said before, you can be real creative when it comes to the theme of WINTER. If I were entering this contest, I would make a skit about a man who has to suffer the holiday season, going to work acting all depressed and wishing he was dead. You can really stretch this theme into something creative.

We have had people send seperate MP3 files to download because they are either banned or are waiting for approval for submitting audio to the portal. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN THIS CONTEST. These entries are usually lost, forgotten, or judged bitterly. We judges do not want to have to deal with that uggghhhhh. If you are entering this contest, PLEASE submit it to the audio portal. If you can't get a friend to do it.

When it comes to adding music and sound effects to your entry, please use non copyrighted material. Garageband has some wonderful sounds to use and most of the entries here use it. You can also use any sounds or music from the audio portal, but you must credit the author! Also, keep in mind that we usually love it when people make the sound effects with their mouthes... but sometimes this is simply not a good thing to do if a skit is trying to be serious. If you are making a comedy, however, mouth made sound effects can really spice things up IF DONE RIGHT. You don't have to make mouth made sound effects, but if you can by all means do!

[ - - - THIS IS HOW YOUR ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED - - - ]

Each entry will be judged like so:

Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the character is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 35 points

Fit - How well each charecters voice fit with their being. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice. e.t.c.* - 25 points

Originality - How original your story was. Be creative! - 15 points

Range - How well each character sounds different from eachother - 15 points

Mixing - Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and staticy, the judges cant judge your voice as well. - 10

[ - - - THESE ARE THE PRIZES - - - ]

If you end up winning, here is what you will get!

1st Place - $60 + Fabulous Front Page

2nd Place - $40 + Delicious Front Page

3rd Place - $20 + Sexy Front Page

4th Place - $0 + Fapping Front Page

Prizes are subject to go up by the way! If we get any donators, that'd be awesome! These prizes are most likely coming out of my own pocket because Tom Fulp is really busy this year. I will send him a PM and see where it goes. He has sponsored the previous contests and paid the prizes, so he deserves a break!

[ - - - IF YOU WANT TO JUDGE IN THE CONTEST READ THIS - - - ]

We ALWAYS need judges, preferably a maximum of 5. Any more judges and this contest would take a lot longer to... well judge. Please note that if you do want to be a judge, results will be expected in ONE WEEK. Any longer and you will be disqualified as a judge.

If you would like to judge, send me a wholesome PM and I will explain to you the simple step by step process.

[ - - - THANKS FOR READING! - - - ]

Thanks guys! I really hope to see a lot of you voice actors in this contest. These are always enjoyable, and the thread usually gets pretty quirky and hilarious. The last contest was turned into a 13 page voice acting loungue while waiting for the results lol. BUT, please try to keep that lounging to a minimum. We dont want a mod coming in here screaming at us, but then again non of the audio mods really give a shit. Sequenced will probably be in here posting random pictures before long. Man I love the audio forums.

Just to clarify, THE DEADLINE IS JANURARY 10th 11:59PM. No exceptions

Well guys, good luck. If you need any help feel free to PM me. Let's get this contest started!

Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6-

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-12 21:53:28

OHMAGAWD!

It's about time newgrounds regurgitated some voice acting shiznits! :)
i will certainly consider submitting, perhaps i will judge though, i seem to prefer judging as I am the lord GOD.

nice to hear from ya jetpig.

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-12 23:17:55

Can we modify our voices with fx if say we wanted a robot character or sumthin? (not that I want a robot character that would be rather unoriginal) Or is it just completely our normal voice raw?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-12 23:24:57

Fapping front page sounds better than a fabulous one

The Quicker Blower Upper

TROLLING FUNNYJUNK LOL

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-12 23:54:21

At 12/12/10 11:24 PM, RedFuelTank wrote: Fapping front page sounds better than a fabulous one

Meh, the front pages dick is only 5 inches. Jacking it off isn't as lovely as that may sound.

Also, you may NOT use any voice modifiers other than echo and reverb. I knew I was forgetting a rule.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-13 00:45:03

At 12/12/10 11:54 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 12/12/10 11:24 PM, RedFuelTank wrote: Fapping front page sounds better than a fabulous one
Meh, the front pages dick is only 5 inches. Jacking it off isn't as lovely as that may sound.

Also, you may NOT use any voice modifiers other than echo and reverb. I knew I was forgetting a rule.

What about eq and compression?

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-13 04:57:43

At 12/13/10 12:45 AM, uint wrote:
At 12/12/10 11:54 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

What about eq and compression?

Sure, that's fine. Most of the time that will not effect quality, however, but not all of us have a good mic.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 10:18:27

Hmm I might actually enter this one hehe. Got half the script written now.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 11:15:05

Hey, heeeey. And I can actually do this one this time.

Reuben Saves Christmas

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 12:49:07

Alright! My entry is finnished, just wondering if I should link it here or just PM it to Fatkid?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 16:19:57

At 12/14/10 12:49 PM, EyesAdrift wrote: Alright! My entry is finnished, just wondering if I should link it here or just PM it to Fatkid?

Put all entries here. Copy and paste the audio portal submission URL in a post here.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 16:22:06

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 20:55:19

At 12/14/10 11:15 AM, AMTRAX91 wrote: Hey, heeeey. And I can actually do this one this time.

Reuben Saves Christmas

HAHAHA! I LOVE REUBEN! bring it on, sandwich dude =D

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-14 21:07:21

At 12/12/10 11:54 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Also, you may NOT use any voice modifiers other than echo and reverb. I knew I was forgetting a rule.

Echo?
I'm no sound technician, or voice actor for that matter, but echo can have some pretty outrageous effects rather than just making sounds echo-ey.
For example, on Audacity, using the Echo effect with .01 second delay time and .9 decay factor turns everything into robot-voice.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 00:01:31

Alrighty----- I guess I'll start writing tonight then T_T. I just felt my life get a little fuller XD.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 04:29:45

At 12/14/10 09:07 PM, MonkeyV wrote:
At 12/12/10 11:54 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Also, you may NOT use any voice modifiers other than echo and reverb. I knew I was forgetting a rule.
Echo?
I'm no sound technician, or voice actor for that matter, but echo can have some pretty outrageous effects rather than just making sounds echo-ey.
For example, on Audacity, using the Echo effect with .01 second delay time and .9 decay factor turns everything into robot-voice.

Well lol of course, anything in large doses can be dangerous. I use a low echo for inside voices and god voices, stuff like that.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 12:55:05

I'll give it a shot--just gimme some time to draft a script. Dunno whether this'll be serious or funny.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 15:49:39

Can you give us an example of Royalty-free songs?

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 17:09:09

At 12/15/10 03:49 PM, Nintendoart wrote: Can you give us an example of Royalty-free songs?

Anything in the audio portal.

Anything in Garageband.

Stuff on here.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 18:00:58

OOOHHH I'm just teeming with excitement! I can't wait to hear other peoples submissions. I had alot of fun making mine, I might do these more often haha. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 18:53:04

I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME. Since for some reason every time I say will do it, I don't. Also since school's almost out so I have the time to do it. Alsoalso because FatKidw/JetPack asked me too. AND I SHALL NOT DISAPPOINT.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-15 22:03:55

Welp, here it is!

Chances are that I'll get disqualified, but so long as you guys get a cheap chuckle, then I'm happy!

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-16 19:05:30

this is mine

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-18 02:50:38

ill join

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-18 04:35:26

Oh wow, I gotta try this. It'd go with the "scene" I've been planning to make. And hey, $60 bucks if I win. I'd be loaded.

I don't speak my mind, I just say whatever pops into my head.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-18 04:38:14

On a side note, we're allowed to use instruments right?

I don't speak my mind, I just say whatever pops into my head.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-18 04:56:44

At 12/18/10 04:38 AM, earphonesan wrote: On a side note, we're allowed to use instruments right?

Yep.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-19 12:47:47

Also guys, we still need judges! D:

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-19 18:44:54

This will definitely go down =)

"Yeah, I like dags. But I like caravans more."

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2010-12-19 20:00:52

I'd be a judge fatkid, but I'm participating in the contest haha. I think I'd be bias lol. :P

BBS Signature