00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6-

33,424 Views | 318 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-06 13:50:51

You're Welcome.
Now it's my birthday. Presents please.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-06 20:10:27

Happy birthday dude.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-06 21:22:36

At 4/4/11 09:20 PM, JaShinYa wrote: I've posted my scores, but again, please watch for FatKid's scores for an official winner.

If any of you have any questions regarding my scores/comments, just give me a PM. :)

PS: If I start to get angry/whiny messages, they will be ignored. This is a preemptive disclaimer because I know how things can be...

With that said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DIDNT GET 100/100? WAT TEH FUK MAN LIK FUK U MY VO WAS AWSUM BRO. FAK YOU!!!!

IM ANGRIE AND WINIE AN FUK YEW IM TEH BEST VA EVARRRRRRRRRRRR YER JUS JEELOWS

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-06 21:34:45

At 4/6/11 09:22 PM, AudioVision wrote:

I DIDNT GET 100/100? WAT TEH FUK MAN LIK FUK U MY VO WAS AWSUM BRO. FAK YOU!!!!

IM ANGRIE AND WINIE AN FUK YEW IM TEH BEST VA EVARRRRRRRRRRRR YER JUS JEELOWS

Way to have a high self-esteem! lol

and thanks for the B-day wish!

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-07 15:59:13

At 4/6/11 09:34 PM, JaShinYa wrote:
Way to have a high self-esteem! lol

and thanks for the B-day wish!

Well you know, you were expecting one of those messages :D I had to give you one :D

Also happy birthday BRO.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-08 01:29:46

thanks for taking the time to post your results JaShinYa! Can't wait for the rest of the results! =3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-08 05:00:10

YES.

My internet is coming back Saturday!!! :D :D :D

So then I can post the results!

FUCKING FINALLY.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-08 17:17:24

At 4/8/11 02:03 PM, Suezo wrote: I sort of just don't care anymore.

Reasons to care about your voice acting skit:

It doesn't matter WHEN you made something, it can still get noticed even years after it was made. I am making a front page post dedicated to all the entries when I post the results tommorow, so you all will get more notice.

The winners will get a lot more notice than the other contestants, of course, even though they are all winter themed. In fact, it is hard to actually understand right off the bat that these are all winter themed. Hell, you can go with some bullshit "Winter in July" theme if you feel like no one will listen to it because its not "seasonal"

You can use your submission, if you feel that it is good enough, as a reference for future jobs on Newgrounds and in the real world. You should have ben doing that all this time, before the contest had ended. Think of your skit as a demo reel. This is one of the main reasons why I asked for everyone to use at least three voices.

The ONLY thing that the RESULTS do, is give prize money and post winners to the front page. Thats the minimal compared to the notice you get before hand. You could have PMed a few artists you want to work with, sending them your skit as a reference to your voice and asked if you could work with them on future projects. You shouldn't wait for the results to this contest to actually go out there and become successful. I understand your patience in wanting to know if you are better than everyone else, because hell thats a craving we all like.

Plus, im sucking all your dicks after this as a belated results gift.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-09 04:18:52

At 4/8/11 06:53 PM, Suezo wrote: I don't really care what placement anyone gets. This was another chance to grab the Mic and have some nonsensical fun.

That 10 pages of back and forth and "gotchas"... not so much.

If it can't be done, just say so and drop it (not saying it is because its apparently not.) Everyone will get over it eventually. Or just leave out a movie saga's worth of stories and excuses and just do it, or better even give it to someone who can.

I'm not trying to be harsh. You'd probably say the same thing or at least think it if you were on our end of the rope.

It can easily be done, and i understand your pain, but keep in mind that I am passionate about this contest and do want to get it done... however, life can be a bitch sometimes and I'd rather NOT get into all the details of what has happened in the past few months, but it has kept me away from not just this contest, but from EVERYTHING. Notice I haven't done nearly anything here on Newgrounds in the past couple of months. Even my facebook is lacking. I haven't been online in a while because of certain things. I haven't really been in touch with reality for a while either.

Simply understand that there is a good reason this contest isn't judged yet.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-09 04:20:09

RESULTS TODAY :A

for serious

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-09 22:15:00

At 4/9/11 04:20 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: RESULTS TODAY :A

for serious

FATKID I BELIEVE IN YOU, DON'T LET ME DOWWNNN!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-10 04:40:22

At 4/9/11 10:15 PM, AudioVision wrote:

for serious

I WONT I SWEAR. >:C

MY INTERNET SUCKS.

THEY SAID SATURDAY AND NOW ITS SUNDAY... WILL I EVER GET IT GOD DAMMIT.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-10 17:48:06

At 4/10/11 04:40 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 4/9/11 10:15 PM, AudioVision wrote:

for serious
I WONT I SWEAR. >:C

MY INTERNET SUCKS.

THEY SAID SATURDAY AND NOW ITS SUNDAY... WILL I EVER GET IT GOD DAMMIT.

Just wanna point something out, you've posted a decent amount, why not put the results on a thumbdrive (almost all college students have them, even highschoolers, if you need one I've got plenty I could ship to you) then post them from whatever computer you are using that has internet to post the updates you give us. Just a suggestion. Not harping on ya dude.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-10 21:51:58

I could do that outside of campus on someone elses computer sure, but all of these computers on campus have ghost servers that only allow files to be created on the server, which is actually just a shortcut file that acceses the main file on the main server upstairs. I can't actually put in a USB because the drivers on the USB are over a certain amount of KB, which is over the available memory lmao. Plus, im pretty sure drivers cant be added... and my USB is one of those that installs itself on the system. I mean, sure I could do an easy hack that would still put files on my USB drive, but im afraid it would mess it up.

But it's not that much of a problem now, since I know that ther is no way in hell that they will wait until monday to fix the internet. They are upgrading the system to terabytes per second, which is spread out amongst 1000+ computers. Thats about 10MBPS per computer, which is pretty nifty.

So all technicals aside, I care about these results as much as you guys do... but it's like God himself is cock slapping me in the face each time I try to post them, knocking me back a bit. Im friends with one of these internet techs here and I asked him today when the internet, for out laptops and other computers not connected on the ghost server, should be back up He said monday for sure so im taking his word on it.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-10 21:59:13

Ok right on man, haha cock slapped by god.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-11 05:12:17

*There is no God.

98 YEAR OLD REFRIGERATOR // without [BBQ sauce], life would be a mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-12 20:30:57

At 4/10/11 10:23 PM, Suezo wrote: Here's what I fail to understand:

They aren't excuses as much as they are explanations because I feel like you guys need them. I could have just not said anything and leave this contest without any understanding of why the results aren't posted, but I didn't want to do that. I can't write down ALL that information because I put in at least 15 pages worth of stuff on there, so it would be much easier to wait until I can copy n paste the 15 page document that I will compile down to individual reviews once I get my internet back.

But really, I dont feel like explaining it any further. No reason to get mad about this, I'll just have to wait for the college techs to get the internet back on the main computers in the tech building. Results will be posted then. I honestly have no idea when but SURELY they wont fucking wait till anywhere past friday my gawd this is bugging me.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-14 14:30:10

Alright guys, fuck it. You have all waited loonnggg enough for the results, and Im sick of it just as much as you are. It's not that I am making excuses, it's just the simple fact that SHIT KEEPS ON HAPPENING THAT CREATES DELAYS.

I am going to simply manually type all the results again by looking at the computer that I originally typed them on. You know, the one that was suposed to get internet LAST WEEK so that I could post the results. Yet again, I cant just put those results in a USB drive because the computer is on a ghost server, meaning that it only acceses files on the main server in a computer no one but the main techs can access. Therefore, I wouldnt be copying the reults txt file, I would be copying the shortcut file and I wouldnt actually get the results. No, the server isnt wireless, its connected through all these wires that I cant touch. FFFFFFFF

So yeah, Ill just manually type them all for you tonight.

Expect:

Reviews with every judges scores, tallied up into one main score.
Prizes and front page spots for the winners.
A surprise for all the delays you have had to put up with.
Another contest, which will be judged A LOT quicker.

The main reason this contest was so delayed was because, as I said earlier, LIFE GOT IN THE WAY. I'm not going into details, but pills were involved. Although there really isnt any excuse anymore, I just failed ot meet the deadline by a long shot AND IM SORRY. :C

Call me a faggot, make fun of my bowl cut, draw penises all over my face with a permanent marker, and be kind enough to accept another contest! Because the extreme delay wont happen again I assure you.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-14 19:30:58

To all people who got angry cause you forgot that some people have lives.

Seriously people....

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-14 22:55:00

At 4/14/11 02:30 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Because the extreme delay wont happen again I assure you.

FATKID WITH A JETPACK, REPORTING FOR DUTY!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-14 23:53:48

At 4/14/11 07:30 PM, Seymour wrote: To all people who got angry cause you forgot that some people have lives.

Seriously people....

I seriously feel awful though :'(

So, Im working hard on a new contest right after the results! *By the time the results are posted it will be time for a new contest anyway...*

ALMOST DONE GUYS!! Im about to start posting reviews!

then ill take some more of my anti depressants

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-15 00:17:17

Don't feel bad. If people can't understand that you have a life (and a college one, no less), then it's probably because they don't have one and need to learn to be patient. Or find something to do in the interim between contests and results so they don't bother you with pointless drivel about how you should speed up. Screw them, I say! Although, I must say, I am very excited about results!

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-15 00:55:28

OH SNAP...

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-15 21:48:08

I think I shat myself...

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-15 21:56:30

Holy shit... and I thought I graded hard. Well I guess I'll really let loose if I judge again.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-15 21:56:36

OH BOY OH BOY I HOPES YAH LIKES MINE FATKID!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-15 23:04:34

I fear for my results...

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-16 16:03:08

With that said... I sent you some pick-up lines, (Feed Me) Seymour.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-17 03:50:59

I posted up some reviews, check your song to see if your one of them. I should have all of them done tommorow, but I decided to rewrite everything and make my reviews longer and stuff so its taking me just another day extra, but with higher quality.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-17 18:19:20

Hey everyone! I might get to voice an audiobook for Neil Gaiman (Best Selling author). I need your help though! Click on the link below and vote for me! (The highest vote count I've seen on someone's submission is 205, but let's try for 300 or more!) You can go back everyday to vote. I really really appreciate the help!

Here's the link.