00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cody1993 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6-

33,401 Views | 318 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-19 20:47:52

two days later...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-21 01:59:40

At 4/20/11 02:19 PM, Suezo wrote: Don't bother on that second contest, you'll save yourself some trouble.

And everyone else.

98 YEAR OLD REFRIGERATOR // without [BBQ sauce], life would be a mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-21 11:21:12

his journal says he's gonna do them today, but he's also advertising himself for voice overs for Pico-day.

....hmm.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-21 15:56:49

At 4/20/11 02:19 PM, Suezo wrote: This is hilarious.

Really it is.

Don't bother on that second contest, you'll save yourself some trouble.

I'm such a funny man!

Everyone should have a review by the end of today, if you don't get it then PM me please! And of course im going to make another contest, if you don't want to join it then don't bother to join it.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-23 17:21:23

At 4/21/11 04:23 PM, Suezo wrote:
At 4/21/11 03:56 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
if you don't want to join it then don't bother to join it.

Roger that.

Alrighty! :)

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-25 00:11:44

At 4/24/11 10:56 PM, Suezo wrote: Happy Easter Everyone!

Dude, Suezo, many thanks for that. I'm sure the others will really appreciate that.

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-26 11:04:43

Only two more left to review, then the results will be posted to the front page. Tom has agreed to put all the winners in a news post. Also, don't take the lack of results until now personally... serious shit went down at my household these past couple of months that has changed my life dramatically. Still, no excuses.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-26 11:08:11

Also, Suezo, you were not "screwed over". In fact, without this contest your submission would have never been made. Just because it's taking me a long time to post the results does not mean I'm not doing you a favor. The sole purpose of these contests is for community. This contest brought a lot of voice actors together, along with the past contests I have created. Take in mind that a lot of time goes into making these contests. So, instead of whining about it, how about you appreciate what you have and have some, mature understanding that there is obviously good reasons why this contest still stands.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-28 06:48:59

Suezo, much love bro...much love. I enjoyed reading the review man. Thanks for taking the time to do that man.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-04-28 12:33:15

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-02 03:56:24

RIP

98 YEAR OLD REFRIGERATOR // without [BBQ sauce], life would be a mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-02 19:08:54

At 5/2/11 03:20 PM, Suezo wrote: 1st Place:
Seymour

With minimal issues on all categories, Seymour's piece was short enough to stave off monotony but consise enough to convey an original and interesting theme. And that voice acting aint bad...

Well, I'm happy to land that place in your opinion, Thanks a lot Suezo~ :D

...now let's see what the fatguy thinks

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-03 00:19:43

At 5/2/11 03:20 PM, Suezo wrote: RESULTS.... FROM SUEZO.

Hey dudes (and Dudette?)

So there hasn't been any progress on this whole she-bang (big suprise...)

But if you haven't checked out the reviews that have been written up, you should. You'll get a pretty good idea of who's in the running but I thought since non of the actual legit reviewing and scoring stuff is yeilding the results we want, I'm going to cast my results of the big dogs:

1st Place:
Seymour

With minimal issues on all categories, Seymour's piece was short enough to stave off monotony but consise enough to convey an original and interesting theme. And that voice acting aint bad...

2nd Place:
Shock-Dingo

In his skit, Shock gave us everything essential of a radio-play: Action, Drama, Suspense and British Man Children. It was definately a pleasure to listen to and experience.

It was close between 3rd and 4th but after some re-evaluating I got to give it to...
3rd Place:
Bryson Baugus

Teds Christmas story was a simple one with the greatest theme of all: Some idiot ruining christmas for everybody else obliviously. Many entries tried to portray this unlikely senario, but it would seem the Bryson had a first hand experience with it...

And in forth only by a skin of the teeth:
4th place:
DrewDryDen

Someone is always plotting something maniacal around christmas time, I suppose it just depends who and what that plan is. Well we'll never really know what that plan was, but the back and forth between a evil villian and his snowman henchmen could have shed some light, if not for a nosey protagonist with a blow dryer.

Well...

Thats my take on it. I would encourage the rest of you to cast your opinions since its really the only thing we have left. It certainly was a pleasure collaberating with you all and I'm sure without this we would have found a way to do so anyway, but who gives a crap right?

After doing the calculations of the current official scores, it seems like I might end up in third place after all (behind you and Shock-Dingo) lol. But that's only considering that they've finished all the reviews already, but I'm not sure since I don't know how many people entered. anyway, I'm glad you placed me up there with such great entries and I'm glad you liked my story. It seems like it turned out to be one of those stories that people either loved for it's simplicity or hated for it's simplicity.

Goes back a few pages to look at the whole list lol

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-03 20:08:01

FINISHED!!!! You should all have a review.

SimCorder needs to send me one last judge for an entry... then I will post the results!

Yet again, APOLOGIZES. It's not that I was putting this contest aside because I was busy... it's honestly because I tried killing myself a couple months back, and my entire life went downhill from that point. I decided to get my ass back into gear, however, and now things are looking up for me simply because of an attitude adjustment. And yes, I know my depression is still no excuse, but hey I care about this contest so I finished it.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-03 20:50:53

I've responded to everyone who's given a review on my submission. Now that I'm out of school for awhile, I hope I can do a lot more stuff like this in the future.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-04 12:50:24

Since it's a new page, I thought I'd announce again that
THE JUDGING PROCESS HAS ENDED! :D
Now all I need to do is wait for SimCorder to send me in one score he forgot to give me. Then I can post the results! Yet again, I severely apologize for the lack of responsibility on my part. to be perfectly honest, attempts at suicide created severe depression and thus, resulted in the major delay of this competition. I care about these things a lot, since they bring together a community of voice actors that, with their powers combined, can rise to help create quality voices for animations and games here on Newgrounds, and outside of Newgrounds for that matter!

I would like to thank everyone for their patience, as well as those who went above and behyond what was expected of them and wrote reviews! Thanks guys! Stay tuned for results... send out PMs to your friends... constantly refresh the page because the results will be here within the night! And yes, I mean that this time. OR DO I?

Without you guys, this contest wouldn't have been possible!

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-04 23:39:42

AND NOW, THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR:

6th Voice Acting Contest Results!!!

[- - -The Epic Winners - - -]

1st Place - $60 + Fabulous Front Page

Final Score: 93

2nd Place - $40 + Delicious Front Page

Final Score: 88

3rd Place - $20 + Sexy Front Page

Final Score: 87

4th Place - $0 + Fapping Front Page

Final Score: 86 *With SimCorder's Scores Added*

[- - - The Poor Bastards - - -]

***Details on each score can be viewed on the review sections***

Flakey The Snow-Man - 69
A Christmas Story - 72
A very rudolph christmas - 31
Robert Frost talks of winter - 31
The Snowman's Lament - 82
Little Timmy's Christmas Story - 84
A Winter Voice Ensemble - 59
Dear Santa - 77
The Christmas Visitor - 75
IC&RS Holiday Special - 81

[- - - The Sexy Judges - - -]

SimCorder
JaShinYa
Me

[- - - The Rest of This Post to Make It Bigger and Fancier- - -]

That's it guys! This contest was loads of fun, although I am sure a lot of you became extremley impatient with me, staring at your screen, awaiting the results by constantly hitting the refresh button over and over again to no avail, retiring to your bed in crying pain wishing to the Gods that you would see the results when you woke up in the morning as you used your tears for lube while masturbating to pass the time in utter depression and suicidal horror. WELL I KIND OF FUCKED UP SO DERP.

But seriously, by "fucked up" I mean I got diagnosed with BPD after trying to commit suicide, dropped out of school, and in the long run hated every second of my life. I feel you guys deserve to know that, since you had to wait so horribly long. Luckily, people within the contest helped ease your pain by writing reviews, keeping the thread going, and of course cursing me out with fists in the air. Eventually, I came to my senses after a few months of adapting to my life and am sitting here giving you guys the results! Even though it's some silly contest online, I truly care about it for obvious reasons.

Reasons such as me knowing very well that these contests bring together a community of voice actors, create new ones, and foster them into bigger, better, and stronger actors to help inside and outside the NG community. I know that sounds corny and all, but hell the media now a days needs more fucking good voices, and perhaps these contests can help those good voices become discovered.

Prize money and front pages should occur over the next week. I am PMing Tom Fulp the winners and PMing an audio mod about the front page spots. Most likely, the winners will be front paged two at a time for one week each. Either that or they will be front paged all together for one week. Either way, expect store credit and one week of attention.

Now then... I must include that I am very ready to begin the next contest with heartful intentions! Be honest though... would you trust me and give me another chance to JUDGE QUICKLY? :D :I

im boned

THANKS GUYS FOR MAKING ANOTHER GREAT CONTEST!

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-04 23:43:10

Wait. how did Shock-Dingo win first and second?

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Contest -6- 2011-05-04 23:44:28

At 5/4/11 11:43 PM, Seymour wrote: Wait. how did Shock-Dingo win first and second?

Yeah woops disregard that, I suck cocks. I pasted the link twice. *face palm*

Here is the final results thread. Use that link if you want to direct people towards the results.