00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pqndabear34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

File upload size limit

2,869 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

File upload size limit 2010-06-24 15:57:21

Was hoping to upload one of my flash games, which is 48.3mb (not sure whether that's good or bad). I tried to upload it, but realised the limit is 10mb? Is there anyway around this?

Thanks!

Response to File upload size limit 2010-06-24 16:08:50

That file size is HUGE! I've never seen anything be allowed into the portal with something of that size. First you will need to compress the file size of your flash to something under 20MB at least and then try pm-ing TomFulp or one of the other admins of Newgrounds to allow you to upload something larger than the 10MB limit. Unless it is good though I don't see them allowing it since it is your first submission to the site but it's always worth a try.

Response to File upload size limit 2010-06-24 16:09:53

48.3MB? That is monstrously big. Are you sure you've optimised any sound files you used in the flash, as that can take up an enormous amount of space needlessly.

Anyway to answer your question, you could upload the swf to spamtheweb or a similar site, send a PM to Tom Fulp with a link to the game, and ask if he would increase your upload limit to upload it. But before you even consider that, make sure you've compressed and optimised the flash as much as possible, as I can almost guarantee you should be able to squeeze under the 10MB limit.

Response to File upload size limit 2010-06-24 21:43:21

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's because i've scanned in drawings and used the jpegs as backgrounds on all frames.. Anyway, you mention optimising? Could you be more specific? I googled it, and it came back with things about fonts, and using symbols for similar buttons.

I do have a song playing, and it's already 16kbs.. am i missing something? :s

Response to File upload size limit 2010-06-24 22:14:46

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to File upload size limit 2017-03-21 10:06:42

Um a little help I have a 5 1/2 minute audio file I would like to upload which is.. um.. 61mb. Any help? XD