00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Ideas For Sonic Games...?

6,166 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-16 19:20:58

I really dont have many ideas on this whole topic, but share what you wish. If anything, Sega should really cut the ass kicking Werehog from their games. It wastes 10 minutes to beat 1 helluva long stage...
>_>

"Aweshumness comes to those who want it..." Most of the time.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-16 19:27:59

Here's an idea: no more new ideas. Seriously, every Sonic game for the past decade and a half went with a form of a "new idea." The Werehog was one of those ideas.

My advice to Sega: stop being idealistic.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-16 19:29:21

At 6/16/10 07:27 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Here's an idea: no more new ideas. Seriously, every Sonic game for the past decade and a half went with a form of a "new idea." The Werehog was one of those ideas.

Maybe this could change your mind a tiny bit

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-16 20:19:10

At 6/16/10 07:29 PM, ifureadthisdie wrote: Maybe this could change your mind a tiny bit

It did. For a moment. If it doesn't add anything beyond this style of gameplay, it might actually be fun. But, then again, we have to consider the Sonic cycle. It'll more than likely add a plot filled with more holes than a Swiss cheese wheel and some kind of gimmicky side game that turns the main gameplay into a frustration fest.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 09:46:12

in sonic games i like only the old platform games, oh and i like ssbb

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 10:19:07

Buy sonic's games first, then he will appear in your area and tell you what games he will bein the future?

unfourtunutly sonic went on low budget

Mortal kombat sprites are Aweshum

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 11:29:44

I pity anyone who still has faith in Sonic.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 14:06:34

At 6/16/10 07:27 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Here's an idea: no more new ideas. Seriously, every Sonic game for the past decade and a half went with a form of a "new idea." The Werehog was one of those ideas.

My thoughts exact. Go back to the old formula of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, they were great. And Sonic 4 looks like it's going back to the original 16 bit roots, which is even better.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 14:29:18

At 6/18/10 02:25 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/18/10 02:06 PM, Livin-Legend wrote: My thoughts exact. Go back to the old formula of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, they were great.
This is bullshit. Nobody liked any of the other character's gameplay from those games except Sonic and Shadow but they say they're gameplay made up for it all.

But I loved Gamma's gameplay in SA1, and Tails/Eggman's gameplay in SA2. Not to mention in SA1, Tails, Amy, and Gamma's gameplay were varients of Sonic's gameplay, while Knuckles and Big's were the only ones that were radically different.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 15:25:33

PROTIP: When someone brags about their sexual exploits over the internet, 90% of the time, they're lying.

PROTIP: That probability increases to 100% when said bragger is a stupid child.

shadowwalker15: Age/Gender: 15, Male

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 16:00:47

The problem with Sonic games is Sega is focusing too much on speed. Sonic wasn't about speed in the beginning.

Anyway, here's how a Sonic game should be.

Dr. Eggman kidnaps Sonic's friends: Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Cream. He hides them in different zones that Sonic has to explore. When you rescue a friend, you can play as them.
After rescuing his friends, Sonic has to save the citizens of Mobius or whatever the planet's name is in... I don't know... some Eggman... prison... thing.
The zone bosses are Metal Sonic with some elemental power relating to the zone: Grass element in the... Grassy Hills zone, rock in the Rocky Hills zone, and so on. Metal having elemental power will have nothing to do with the story, he'll have it because Eggman gave it to him.
Then the final zone Sonic goes into the Death Egg to stop Eggman. You then have to fight Metal with an electric element and after beating him must fight Eggman in some Egg bot.
Collecting the Chaos emeralds will unlock the seventh zone where you have to fight all of Metal's forms, then you fight Eggman whose ship is fused with Metal Sonic.
And to feed fanboys, Shadow would have a hidden cameo. If you beat Metal Sonic in the Death Egg without getting hit, you'll fight him and unlock him as a playable character.
It would appeal to people who used to like Sonic because it doesn't have some complex-as-shit story with a hundred new characters and it will appeal to the overzealous fanboys because Shadow and Metal is in it.

And it would be called Super Sonic the Hedgehog, since it's kind of like the original, and the story isn't complex enough to call it Sonic Adventure 3.

FUND IT SEGA

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 16:10:24

At 6/18/10 03:33 PM, shadowwalker15 wrote::

So, what are you saying is that you are a cheeseheaded noob?

No, you're the only noob around here.
Stop acting like an ass before it gets ugly...you're either a massive troll or a ridiculously stupid Sonic fanboy (lol at your reviews, I've never seen such fanboyism and false bravado in reviews)

Now, back on Topic...IMO, Sega should let Sonic RIP and stop stepping (or shitting, depending on your view on new Sonic games) on his grave...

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 16:26:18

Another RPG by Bioware.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 17:18:05

I didn't think the Werehog stages were bad, per se, but they were very long, boring, frustrating and had awkward controls.

The ideal Sonic level should be at most four minutes long. Not strictly linear in design, and with a couple of platforming sections dotted throughout. There could be hidden goodies for people that explore the level, and Easter Eggs that you might not notice on the first run through.

You know, exactly like Sonic Adventure.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 17:30:25

Allow me to open up by saying, lol @ shadowwalker15.
Now, let the adults speak.

At 6/18/10 04:00 PM, Chdonga wrote: The problem with Sonic games is Sega is focusing too much on speed. Sonic wasn't about speed in the beginning.

Un true on both notions, Sonic's tagline was speed, yes there was a lot of platforming, but he did move faster than the more popular platformers, and there were stretches of land to run fast on. Speed did make up about half the gameplay, and it stands as one of the primary differences from him being a Mario rip off, yes Mario can go fast by holding the b button, but he didn't have a fucking spin dash.

And speed wasn't the problem with the 3D games. General consensus really blames the level design and the gimmicks tacked on for the lack of 3D interest.

One fan request later.....
FUND IT SEGA

Cute, very cute.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 17:48:18

Here's my ideal Sonic game: it takes elements from the olden games and blends them with 3D elements, like the fanmade Sonic Robo-Blast 2 and, to a lesser extent, Sonic Heroes. The initial player characters are Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but more can be unlocked by beating the game with other characters, including Shadow (for the fangirls and sexually-confused fanboys), Espio, Fang/Nack, Amy, etc.

Like with Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders, each character has different strengths and specialties that can be classified under either Speed, Flight, or Power. While each stage has a path all characters can travel through, there are different paths that can only be accessed by certain characters, leading to shortcuts or secret items. For example, in a given factory stage, There are four different paths. One path can be taken by all characters. One path is set on a fast-moving conveyor belt, which only a speedy character like Sonic can get past. Another is blocked off by a laser fence that flight-capable characters like Tails can clear by flying over them. The last path is blocked off by a tightly-secured door that only powerful characters like Knuckles can break down.

The ability to play as Super Sonic during normal gameplay will be present, but it will be the last and most difficult unlockable to earn: to get it, you must beat the game with all the characters, find all the Chaos Emeralds, and clear the extra boss.

Speaking of Chaos Emeralds, they will be hidden in each stage like in the early Master System and Game Gear games and in Sonic R. Some Emeralds will be hidden in secret areas that can only be travelled down by certain characters, encouraging multiple playthroughs.

As to story...well, who the fuck plays Sonic and Mario games for story? Eggman's trying to take over the world, you gotta stop him. Simple.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 18:02:14

Okay, so it's Sonic...but with a sword! Oh, wait...maybe he'll go inside a storybook? Crap...um, OH! I know! He'll turn into a werehog and...darn, um...give him guns? GOSH DARNIT SEGA NEEDS TO STOP BEING SO CREATIVE I RAN OUT OF CLEVER IDEAS!!!

Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 18:14:18

At 6/18/10 05:30 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
One fan request later.....
FUND IT SEGA
Cute, very cute.

Something tells me those are the only two lines of my post you read. And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 19:28:41

At 6/18/10 07:19 PM, Liquify wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:12 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/18/10 04:00 PM, Chdonga wrote: because it doesn't have some complex-as-shit story
THERE IS NOT ONE SONIC GAME THAT HAS A COMPLEX STORY.

If the idea of a complex story to you is a new character and plot device, you must be retarded.
Agreed. Play a JRPG, then you will know a complex story...

I think little 16 and under sonic fanboys may be the worst fanboys in the biz.

While I disagree with you on JRPGs, since I find most of their stories to be summed up as pretty people with stupid hair having to save the universe from the grimdark evil, I agree: Sonic fantards should all fuck off.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 19:32:23

At 6/18/10 07:28 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: While I disagree with you on JRPGs, since I find most of their stories to be summed up as pretty people with stupid hair having to save the universe from the grimdark evil, I agree: Sonic fantards should all fuck off.

Niga please you best be trolling.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 19:37:22

At 6/18/10 07:33 PM, Liquify wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:28 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: While I disagree with you on JRPGs, since I find most of their stories to be summed up as pretty people with stupid hair having to save the universe from the grimdark evil, I agree: Sonic fantards should all fuck off.
Well if you want the vintage JRPG play some of the SNES JRPGs....

By that I mean Final Fantasy 6.

The character artist wasn't Tetsuya Nomura then, so it wasn't in that stupid Manga style that it is now.

The character designs back then were quite good, I'll give you that much. I believe they were done by the man who did Vampire Hunter D, so they have some pedigree.

Also, now that I think about it, Shin Megami Tensei is pretty awesome, especially the character and monster designs by Kazuma Kaneko.

Pictured below is Dante's Devil Trigger from DMC3 in MVC3, done by Kaneko.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 20:01:59

At 6/18/10 07:37 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:33 PM, Liquify wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:28 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:

Pictured below is Dante's Devil Trigger from DMC3 in MVC3, done by Kaneko.

You refrenced my picture! yay

:O

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:08:18

At 6/18/10 07:12 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/18/10 04:00 PM, Chdonga wrote: because it doesn't have some complex-as-shit story
THERE IS NOT ONE SONIC GAME THAT HAS A COMPLEX STORY.

If the idea of a complex story to you is a new character and plot device, you must be retarded.

Calm down, bro. Complex-as-shit may not have been the right word. Stupid-as-shit was the word I was thinking of.

At 6/18/10 07:33 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/18/10 06:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.
You think your idea is better because

1. It's YOUR idea.

You'd think your idea for a game is good because it's your idea. And name one idea for a Sonic game made by a typical fan that didn't suck.

2. It's Sonic 3 and Knuckles edited a little bit.

I never played Sonic 3. I thought I took the story of Sonic 1 (Dr. Eggman was trying to kidnap all those animals, right?) and tossed Sonic's friends and Metal Sonic in. But I'm glad someone actually read the post.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:28:40

At 6/18/10 06:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: Something tells me those are the only two lines of my post you read. And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said it was cute.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:32:03

At 6/18/10 09:28 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 6/18/10 06:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: Something tells me those are the only two lines of my post you read. And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.

Well... Now I look like a dick.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:40:12

At 6/18/10 09:32 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 6/18/10 09:28 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
Well... Now I look like a dick.

Look on the bright side..you look less like a dick for admitting it ;)

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 23:53:34

This whole rage war of a thread is the reason why we shouldn't have Sonic-related discussions here, or anywhere on the internet.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 23:56:26

How about Sonic 3? :P

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 00:06:09

At 6/18/10 11:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: It doesn't matter, you still don't play Sonic games for the story. Having a simple story wouldn't help anything at all because the game would still play the same. Besides, you could say any of Mario's stories are "stupid-as-shit" but nobody gives a damn because it's fucking MARIO.

Nah, they don't give a damn because they'd think I'm a troll for not liking Mario, but this is irrelevant.

Oh god no. And Metal having elemental power would have to have a story linked to it if it comes from the levels. I don't see anything wrong with that. Metal Sonic fusing with Eggman would also be stupid.

I never said he fused with Eggman, I said he fused with one of his machines, like Gemel (or whatever his name is) did in Sonic Advance 3. It's always retarded when two entities fused together.

And Metal Sonic isn't a new character that fanboys obsess about, there have been Metal Sonic's since Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.

I never said he was new, but fanboys do obsess about him and Shadow.

Fine. Instead of Metal Sonic, it's Mecha Sonic. And instead of the Death Egg, Eggman has a... pfft... I'm not even trying... a Flying Egg Fortress of Doom. And Mecha Sonic gets elemental power because Eggman rebuilds him to adapt to the zone he's in. And Eggman kidnaps all of Sonic's important friends to lure him into a trap to keep Sonic busy while he kidnaps the animals to make into badniks.

But really I don't see why you're getting all worked up about this story. I thought it was pretty obvious that I just pulled random stuff out of the air and threw it together, the only thing I put an iota of thought into was the name Super Sonic the Hedgehog, which even I think would be a stupid name. I didn't want to introduce anything new, because then it would be like any ordinary fanboy story, full of crappy things that could've been replaced with other existing things.

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 00:28:53

At 6/18/10 11:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: No, because Sonic 1 didn't have the Death Egg. It's destroyed anyway, and Eggman rebuilding it would be retarded.

But he did rebuild it in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

BBS Signature