00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowTheHaxGod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spunky6666 Land

11,457 Views | 82 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-09 20:46:32

Recently, I've seen many users here on Newgrounds who have set up threads to showcase thier art on the forums, so I thought that It was abot time that I set one up too. You know, as a sort of home base. Feel free to check out my latest arts and give feedback on them. Please be honest with your critiques, I'd like to improve. Here's a piece to kick off the thread with. It features a new character of mine that I'm trying out. His name is Rob the Zombie. You like?

Spunky6666 Land

Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-09 20:50:39

Very basic, and rather bland.

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-10 20:05:47

At 11/9/09 08:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Very basic, and rather bland.

That's definitely a fair critisism. My next art will be much, much more detailed, and I'll post it up here when it's done.

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-10 21:16:18

I like (the concept), not the art very much though.
All I see are a few rectangles with eyes and mouths and curved lines for arms.
Bland.
Boring.
Horrid.

Now, if you added more detail, maybe some shadowing, you could make this specific one look OK, but, I dont think you will get the reactions you are hoping for here if the drawings keep looking like that

Is this criticism more fair?

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-10 21:23:58

"I'm really confused, yo."
I don;t get it, if the blue zombies were doing something more like thriller and he was doing, say, hammer time it'd be more obvious, but the way it is now, the rob seems to be doing thriller.
The art, its boxes colored in, what can I say?

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-11 12:15:40

Righto, more details. Got it. Also, the point was that Rob was doing the Thriller, but the wrong part of the Thriller. Maybe I should've had him doing the Soulja Boy or something a little more obvious. Anyway, thanks for the replies. Now here's a more detailed piece that I did in response to the requests for, well, more details. It's a parody on Fancy Pants and it hasn't been posted to my account yet because I want to get Brad Borne's approval of it before I officially submit it. That would be really cool. Anyways, what do you think of this?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-11 14:42:05

Interesting...

BUT DRAW YOUR OWN MAYO

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-11 15:44:05

At 11/11/09 02:42 PM, Snowman wrote: Interesting...

BUT DRAW YOUR OWN MAYO

Hm...you know, I sort of like the real mayo, but it seems like a lot of people think I should do my own. It's definitely something to consider.

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-11 17:31:49

Hm...you know, I sort of like the real mayo, but it seems like a lot of people think I should do my own. It's definitely something to consider.

Thats nice you like to use the real mayo

you wont be saying that when you get sued from hellmans, Becasue you can

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-11 18:43:00

I vote for the real mayo..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-11 18:51:38

you wont be saying that when you get sued from hellmans, Becasue you can

I have a disclaimer on all my art for that exact reason...but it's not like I'm making a profit on these drawings anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-13 15:28:45

Sorry for the double post...

Anyways, how does the population of the art forum like Twitchy Te Bear? Good, yes, no?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-13 17:31:32

At 11/13/09 03:28 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Anyways, how does the population of the art forum like Twitchy Te Bear? Good, yes, no?

When did his arm become an elastic band, stretching at will?

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-14 00:19:52

At 11/13/09 03:28 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Sorry for the double post...

Anyways, how does the population of the art forum like Twitchy Te Bear? Good, yes, no?

Maybe you should name him Honey Fingers instead.

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-14 11:12:09

At 11/13/09 05:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/13/09 03:28 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Anyways, how does the population of the art forum like Twitchy Te Bear? Good, yes, no?
When did his arm become an elastic band, stretching at will?

Oh, did I forget to mention that Twitchy can bend reality? Yeah, that's kind of important. Also, this is not Salad Fingers related at all. The concepts are sort of similar, but the characters are very different, so relax.

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-14 11:26:51

i dont know how to describe your art, i like some of it even though i know i shouldnt, i like the way you changed fancy pants to a hunchback monster though but the first and last pic just too boring and wierd

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-15 12:28:11

At 11/11/09 02:42 PM, Snowman wrote: Interesting...

BUT DRAW YOUR OWN MAYO

As you wish. I've decided to use my own mayo after all due to popular demand. Here's the new version with my own mayo. I also made the x's in the spider's eyes much more noticeable. Now what do you think?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-15 12:45:48

At 11/15/09 12:28 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Here's the new version with my own mayo.

Fits better now.

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-17 20:34:19

I've had this on my page for awhile, but only one person reviewed it so I figured I'd bring it here for opinions. I'm not sure how this is, honestly, I have mixed opinions. What do you think Newgrounds?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-17 20:45:05

At 11/15/09 12:28 PM, Spunky6666 wrote:

As you wish. I've decided to use my own mayo after all due to popular demand. Here's the new version with my own mayo. I also made the x's in the spider's eyes much more noticeable. Now what do you think?

Yay, hand drawn mayo

now make him fancyer by giving him a tophat and monocle

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-21 20:45:48

Yay, hand drawn mayo

Glad that you're happy. A lot of people were asking for me to draw my own mayonnaise, and it was getting pretty hard to refuse. Also, I'm still looking for feedback on my Mario pic, so if anyone reading this could give me some, it would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-21 20:51:25

At 11/21/09 08:45 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Also, I'm still looking for feedback on my Mario pic, so if anyone reading this could give me some, it would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Mario is not bad, probably referenced, but nothing wrong with that.
The bottom right point of the star is too short.
The goombas have too rounded heads. They have to be thinner at the top and spread out more at the bottom.

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-21 20:53:37

Okay then, Well, first, the background, you really shouldve drawn your own, but ill let that slide (for now) The mario is ok, however, delete the lines under him, I dont see lines under me when i jump do i? The goombas, or whatever those things are called, sont really look like theyre supposed to, they look like a ball of chocolate on a stick....

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-21 23:41:29

Your works aren't that artistic, you may do well animating though. You should experiment more with shading maybe trying a more realistic picture instead of cartoon style.

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-22 17:50:23

At 11/21/09 11:41 PM, CloudEater wrote: Your works aren't that artistic, you may do well animating though. You should experiment more with shading maybe trying a more realistic picture instead of cartoon style.

Well then, I'd say this is a good compromise. I realize that this probably needs some (meaning a lot of) cleaning up, but I tried a more realistic and sketchy grayscale while still staying true to my cartoony/humorous roots. What do you think? Did I do the realistic thing any justice here?

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-22 19:50:41

you need to outline some of your art. your coloring could use some work

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-22 19:57:43

At 11/22/09 05:50 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Well then, I'd say this is a good compromise. I realize that this probably needs some (meaning a lot of) cleaning up, but I tried a more realistic and sketchy grayscale while still staying true to my cartoony/humorous roots. What do you think? Did I do the realistic thing any justice here?

Unfortunately, no. I do see your attempt however. But, they need arms, legs, and there head should be more, more head shaped, not completely rounded.
i am having a little bit of trouble seeing it, but thats a scanner thing.
But, why is it on like a flag, or is it supposed to be a reflection off of a scythe ? its very hard to tell

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-22 20:44:01

Unfortunately, no. I do see your attempt however. But, they need arms, legs, and there head should be more, more head shaped, not completely rounded.
i am having a little bit of trouble seeing it, but thats a scanner thing.
But, why is it on like a flag, or is it supposed to be a reflection off of a scythe ? its very hard to tell

Hm, so it needs work... I gotta say, I'm not totally lovin' this either. I'll try and refine this, but I don't know, I think I'm just going to stick with cartoony, it comes way more naturally. Oh, and yes, that was supposed to be a scythe.

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-27 19:44:05

Gah...I'm sorry, I hate double posting, but I kinda have to now. Anyways, here's the second part of my Fancy Pants (by Brad Borne) parody art. It's a direct continuation of the last one, so check earlier in the thread if you haven't seen the first part yet. As you can see, I'm now using my own mayonnaise regularly and trying to have more detailed pics. So, what does Newgrounds think? You like?

P.S. The thread just went popular. Yay! Special thanks to Snowman and Big Jonny for replying a lot.

Spunky6666 Land

BBS Signature

Response to Spunky6666 Land 2009-11-27 19:54:14

At 11/27/09 07:44 PM, Spunky6666 wrote: Gah...I'm sorry, I hate double posting, but I kinda have to now. Anyways, here's the second part of my Fancy Pants (by Brad Borne) parody art. It's a direct continuation of the last one, so check earlier in the thread if you haven't seen the first part yet. As you can see, I'm now using my own mayonnaise regularly and trying to have more detailed pics. So, what does Newgrounds think? You like?

Looks good mate, it's getting better. Also, don't worry multi-posting in your own thread. Because it's your thread, you can post as repeatedly as you want in it.

P.S. The thread just went popular. Yay! Special thanks to Snowman and Big Jonny for replying a lot.

No problem, it's what I do