00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VultusElectricFox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

125,428 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 10:50:47

As a Roma fan, I hope Baptista scores a goal or gets a bunch of assists.

So we can sell the useless bastard for a load of money. He's HUGE, but he constantly gets pushed over and loses his balance like he's running on marbles. He can't pass worth a damn, can't cross, can't jump.

All he's got is that damned shot of his, and even then he needs plenty of time to take it properly.

C'mon Brazil, don't be dicks. Pass it to him, then hit the pitch before he fires it.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 10:54:05

Nilmar will PWN Portugal in this second half. I've always said he was the best in this team, and there he is, playing even better than Robinho was. NILMAR!!!

Also, Ivory Coast will go 10-0. ;P

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 10:55:48

the only team being dicks is portugal.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 10:55:52

At 6/25/10 10:47 AM, wreckages wrote: Portugal's play is disgusting. Doing anything to get Brazil down and carded. 7 yellow cards in the first half.

Not the true skill, brilliant football match I was anticipating.

Brazil are over-rated when any team gives them a phsyical challenge they just fall over and cry, teams that like to press and get stuck in like England and Germany (shame only one can go see em eh) wont fear Brazil as for Portugal they're basically the same its a like for like football match it was always gonna be close

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:24:09

I haven't seen much of the game, but the 10 minutes that I have watched made it look like quite a dirty match (Portugal - Brazil).

Pepe should've gotten a red card instead of a yellow in my opinion. He was clearly not going for the ball and could've broken that other guys ankle.

At 6/25/10 09:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 6/25/10 09:53 AM, Auz wrote: I heard France went from finalists to last in the group stage was a new record by the way. It has never happened before in WC history :p
yeah the french president even had a "meeting" with the french soccer captain. its caused quite the contreversey in france.

I never understood why politicians care so much about football. I heard either in Italy or France the government was actually having discussions about their national teams WC performance. And of course there was that one time where Sarkozy apologized to the prime minister of Ireland about Henry's hand ball. It's quite ridiculous in my opinion.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:37:55

At 6/25/10 11:24 AM, Auz wrote: I never understood why politicians care so much about football. I heard either in Italy or France the government was actually having discussions about their national teams WC performance. And of course there was that one time where Sarkozy apologized to the prime minister of Ireland about Henry's hand ball. It's quite ridiculous in my opinion.

They care just as much as any other person. This world cup means so much to the people of Europe people say its only a game but its a really big fucking deal, these players are representing your countries and France and Italy were embarrassing they shamed themselves and their countries if i were in charge id go fucking mental at em aswell . I dont see how they are in the wrong

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:39:16

well you have to remember France and Italy are both Shit holes.and we shouldn't have high expectations from them.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:49:46

This match is dreadful. I'm glad I missed most of it. Engineered? I don't know. Boring? Yes.

'Well, by putting five minutes (of injury time) up, the referee either has a great sense of humour, or is... a masochist.' - Mick McCarthy.

You've gotta love him.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:50:48

dude is soccer always this boring?

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:52:02

At 6/25/10 11:50 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: dude is soccer always this boring?

only when those fuckers want to tie.
FUCK PORTUGAL YOU DUMB ASSHOLES.
AND YOU, RONALDO, BREAK YOUR FUCKING LEGS.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:53:45

At 6/25/10 11:50 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: dude is soccer always this boring?

Noone is forcing you to watch.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:55:04

Alright I have a question if no one scores who advances and who won I couldn't tell was it brazil or portugal
and who won in the other game with Korea?

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:56:30

At 6/25/10 11:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Alright I have a question if no one scores who advances and who won I couldn't tell was it brazil or portugal

Ivory Coast won, but Portugal and Brazil made it.
that's also why the horrible game: Portugal was playing to FUCKING TIE. in a World Cup, you DON'T PLAY TO MOTHERFUCKING TIE.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:58:30

so portugal decided to bitch out?

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:58:47

At 6/25/10 11:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Alright I have a question if no one scores who advances and who won I couldn't tell was it brazil or portugal

Brazil and Portugal advance into the second round despite the match being a 0-0 draw. Brazil won two of their three games. Ivory Coast beat North Korea 3-0 today, but they needed to beat them by ten goals (I believe, whatever) in order to beat Portugal's goal difference, since they had the same number of points. Portugal's goal difference was high since they beat North Korea 7-0.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 11:58:58

Brazil will continue to be no 1 in it's group and Portugal in 2nd, so Brazil didn't have to win.
And Ivory Coast won 3-0 against North Korea.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 12:21:25

At 6/25/10 11:58 AM, MiroDK wrote: Brazil will continue to be no 1 in it's group and Portugal in 2nd, so Brazil didn't have to win.
And Ivory Coast won 3-0 against North Korea.

thanks North Korea is doing shit when they get back Kim Jong ill is probbably going to have them tortured.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 12:21:41

At 6/25/10 11:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: well you have to remember France and Italy are both Shit holes.and we shouldn't have high expectations from them.

Least we're famous for more than 2-cent beer and a movie featuring Vin Diesel and Celeborn. A.k.a. culture.

Anyhow, not sure what the French are up to, but the Italian politicians (being honest about the fact that they love soccer) said that the national team's complete and utter failure at the Cup is a clear sign that the Serie A and other high-tier Italian soccer competitions are wasting way too much time and money on foreign talent, when they SHOULD be training perfectly good young players from their own backyard.

2006's team was kinda getting on in years as it was. 2010? Old players are OLD, new players have no clue what the fuck they're supposed to do, etc.

Then some idiots added something about FEMALE Italian soccer, but who gives a flying fuck about what chicks do in sports unless it's mud-wrestling, amirite?

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 12:34:53

At 6/25/10 12:21 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Least we're famous for more than 2-cent beer and a movie featuring Vin Diesel and Celeborn. A.k.a. culture.

ahh gutter beer and a b- list actor thats perfect culture!

Anyhow, not sure what the French are up to, but the Italian politicians (being honest about the fact that they love soccer) said that the national team's complete and utter failure at the Cup is a clear sign that the Serie A and other high-tier Italian soccer competitions are wasting way too much time and money on foreign talent, when they SHOULD be training perfectly good young players from their own backyard.

I bet wasting money on foreign when they can setup up programs scouting the youth of the home country then just training them and teaching them is far more cost effective

Then some idiots added something about FEMALE Italian soccer, but who gives a flying fuck about what chicks do in sports unless it's mud-wrestling, amirite?

damn straight that or jello wrestling.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 13:21:15

I wonder where Roanldo was rushing off to after the Portugal Brazil game?Was he late for his role in some commercial that is sporting the newest man fragrances,and luxury carfrom Mercedez?

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 13:39:19

Brazil Portugal on paper should be a great match. But I guess it was foreseeable that neither would take any chances considering the match was essentially irrelevant in terms of both teams qualifying. 7

But lets hold a minutes silence to the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea squad who are being shipped back home as we speak where they will be met at the airport by a Firing Squad for bringing shame to the great leader.

How dare they bring shame on the Leader!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 13:41:32

At 6/25/10 01:39 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: But lets hold a minutes silence to the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea squad who are being shipped back home as we speak where they will be met at the airport by a Firing Squad for bringing shame to the great leader.

you think there asses are really on the line?

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 13:43:17

knowing north korea they will probably put the players in labor camps.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 13:45:12

At 6/25/10 01:41 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 6/25/10 01:39 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: But lets hold a minutes silence to the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea squad who are being shipped back home as we speak where they will be met at the airport by a Firing Squad for bringing shame to the great leader.

you think there asses are really on the line?

The North Korean regime never fail to astound me with their actions. If you give birth to twins they are taken out back and shot. So yeah, failed football team is small fry. I believe they let some 4 million folks die during a famine a few years ago, a necessary loss seems to be how they see such things.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 13:58:34

At 6/24/10 07:12 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/24/10 06:30 PM, jonthomson wrote: meaningless game that'll probably be a draw. spain/chile where it's at obv
No chance in hell this is going to be a draw...

Famous last words...
Seriously, what kind of match was that?There were some chances here and there, but hell, it sucks so much when both teams want the draw..
Ronaldo was trying too hard, and the rest of Portual was just good, but nothing special..Brazil wanted to score more than Portugal, but in the end they didn't try hard enough..
Bah.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 14:06:32

At 6/25/10 01:43 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: knowing north korea they will probably put the players in labor camps.

I keep sayin'...there's a REASON why several players "disappeared" during the tournament.

Sad thing is, I doubt they even had the chance to tell their families that they were planning on running for it, if and when they got the chance. 'cause if they did, the relatives would probably be considered accomplices.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 14:16:40

At 6/25/10 02:06 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
At 6/25/10 01:43 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: knowing north korea they will probably put the players in labor camps.
I keep sayin'...there's a REASON why several players "disappeared" during the tournament.

true.

Sad thing is, I doubt they even had the chance to tell their families that they were planning on running for it, if and when they got the chance. 'cause if they did, the relatives would probably be considered accomplices.

if your accused and convitcted of something in North Korea not only you but your Whole FAMILY are sent to labor camps.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 14:23:51

At 6/25/10 11:24 AM, Auz wrote: I never understood why politicians care so much about football. I heard either in Italy or France the government was actually having discussions about their national teams WC performance. And of course there was that one time where Sarkozy apologized to the prime minister of Ireland about Henry's hand ball. It's quite ridiculous in my opinion.

I can perhaps best explain this by comparing and contrasting with the US.
Imagine that all the importances of the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL were merged into one single sport. Let's call it "Icefootbasketbatball". The US would have one and only one major sport, and all other sports would be, at best, marginally important ('cause you totally know more than 3 tennis players by first and last name, for example). It's quite easy to see how much of an incredibly powerful political tool this one-sport can be in countries that don't quite give a flying fuck about any other sport. In these countries, football moves the masses just about as much as religion does in the US right now.
This becomes visible even in countries with a few other minor sports, like the Commonwealth with cricket and rugby.
Speaking for my own country, the ranking of importance of sports goes:
1) Football;
2) Indoor football;
3) Beach football;
4) all those other things we see on TV.
It also helps a lot that the vast majority of countries on the planet have football as their #1 sport.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 14:30:57

At 6/25/10 02:23 PM, C-Hawk wrote: stuff

This. Public interest, multiple tournaments per year, teams owned by prominent politicians (in my case, the president)...

...cash, cash, cash. Approval, approval, approval.

All of this of course can tend to get out of hand (for example, from what I understand, NFL teams have a fixed limit of money they can spend on buying new players. Not so in Italian soccer...so whichever team happens to be owned by a rich tycoon is allowed to spend A FUCKLOAD of cash on all-star players, leaving the rest of the poorer teams well out of their league. Such would be the case of Inter, Milan and Juventus, for example.)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-25 14:51:40

At 6/25/10 02:30 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
At 6/25/10 02:23 PM, C-Hawk wrote: stuff
multiple tournaments per year

Also, this. As far as i know, US sports each have one big "thing", Superbowl, Playoffs, Stanley Cup, """World""" Series, etc.
Football has domestic club league, domestic club cup, domestic club tournament, continental club cup, continental club tournament, world club tournament (finally, after almost a century of wordwide sport), international continental tournament and worldwide tournament.
Each one of these is just as "huge" in importance as a superbowl to whatever clubs\nations are involved.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature