00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Amandaerkul78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc?

2,937 Views | 38 Replies

Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:17:08

Sorry but...NO...how many of you guys actually WATCH FOOTBALL(or soccer as you guys call it)...i'll be supporting the Holland/Belgium bid. Im not sure about England 2018 though because there are many good stadiums out there...but if Wembley wants to host the opening and finals of the game....they need to fucking relay the pitch.

Theres a scoop of ice cream in my brain , i wonder what flavour it is.

-----What the fuck is you doing?

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:18:59

I read that South Africa was hosting it this year.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:21:04

At 6/5/10 12:18 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: I read that South Africa was hosting it this year.

USA plans to bid to host the 2018 world cup.

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:22:20

At 6/5/10 12:17 PM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote: Sorry but...NO...how many of you guys actually WATCH FOOTBALL(or soccer as you guys call it)...

Honestly, I don't know a single person irl that watches it here.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:23:59

What the hell are you talking about boy, it may not have a tradition of football, but sure as shit has more than South Africa....it also would have ALL the amenities, facilities and money to throw at it.

So, you're ranting pure shit.

I'm from the UK and would gladly see it in the USA.

Also, linky.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:26:52

It shouldnt be englandl, it should be GB, then we have the millenium stadium to play with :)

AMERICA+WORLDCUP=Out in group stage.

Hatin' Doom & Killin' Commies Since 1983.

You, SHOT, a women, why was she there, she should of been making you a 'sammich.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:28:13

Wasn't the world cup hosted by Atlanta in 1994 or thereabouts? I seem to remember them being really good hosts, who says they can't do as good a job again.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:31:44

At 6/5/10 12:21 PM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote: USA plans to bid to host the 2018 world cup.

Well, just because they're bidding doesn't mean they'll win. But, besides, like someone else said, the US has all of the resources, needed and not needed. And, I do know a good deal of people who watch the world cup here in the states. Sure it's not the country's biggest sport, but it's certainly not the smallest.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:33:12

I say someone from South America should host it, if not USA. Because that way it would be in the same time zone as me and I wouldn't have to get up at 8 in the morning to watch my World Cup soccer.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:33:40

At 6/5/10 12:23 PM, rorypearce94 wrote: Even If America wins, there will be huuuge fights over which state gets to host it.

Lets go Atlanta!

We got the '96 olympics. We can surly get the WC.

At 11/22/10 06:51 PM, yonokowhat wrote:

: I put my finger up my bum and it smelt of poo

: bad sign?

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:35:25

We'd be fine hosts. America loves sports more than any other country, and even though soccer isn't at the forefront, we're still No. 14 in the world. Plus, soccer is growing very quickly here, and I wouldn't be surprised if we broke into the Top 10 by 2018, especially if we can reach the semis or finals over this summer.

Find a mountain to stand on.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:35:57

Okay the USA are one of the bids for the World Cup they are trying to host either the 2018 or 2022 World Cup, England are also bidding for the 2018 and 2022.

USA bid 2018/2022

List of countrys bidding for 2018/2022

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:36:37

Funny as it may be, African nations may not seem rich or have any high rolling soccerteams out there, but i thought soccer is really popular there, contrary to America.

At 6/5/10 12:17 PM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote: i'll be supporting the Holland/Belgium bid. Im not sure about England 2018 though because there are many good stadiums out there...but if Wembley wants to host the opening and finals of the game....they need to fucking relay the pitch.

Hoooo boy, Belgium. that's going to be a bunch of trouble. Police walking the street and Brits demolishing stadia and causing another Heizeldrama, no, thanks. Let the Dutch have that one.
Also, Belgium would once again be humiliated for not achieving anything in the competition they host. I think they haven't won any relevant game in what, 8 years now?

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:36:39

soccer is a cool sport and all that its just not for america i watch hockey and golf even tennis before i put on a soccer game i live in houston and the dynamo won like 3 or 4 championships but im not too proud of it i still watch the astros even tho i know theyre gonna lose . .

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:37:21

I live in the US, and in my own soccer is THE sport of the ages. For miles and miles around, soccer this and soccer that. Its not like itd be hard to see which states would host it, (implying that we even get to), itd go to which one can afford it. My state has literaly no budget, and so do practicaly 30 others, and of the 20 remaining we'd just have to go with the best and the one who has a better average fancy to soccer.

Squat

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:37:45

Belgium better win the damn Bid.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:43:18

At 6/5/10 12:35 PM, LampFace wrote: List of countrys bidding for 2018/2022

I think Russia or Qatar would be interesting hosts for the WC. Russia because of the freezing weather would make the WC turn into an ice hockey cup or something.

And Qatar would be interesting because it's such a small country that most people probably don't even know exists. Of course they would definitely need to get a decent team behind them so they don't embarrass themselves in front of their own fans. Sadly, I don't think Qatar would have too much of a chance considering they are such a small market country and may not even be able to support hosting the WC.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:50:44

At 6/5/10 12:45 PM, Ejit wrote:
At 6/5/10 12:43 PM, Ship wrote: Sadly, I don't think Qatar would have too much of a chance considering they are such a small market country and may not even be able to support hosting the WC.
Qatar is, I believe, the richest country in the world by GDP and PPP per capita.

As for Russia, the WC isn't about playing in extremes, it's not crazy golf :P

I heard Dubai wanted to build indoor air-conditioning stadiums. Also, russia's too cold, therefore the pitches are made of plastic. So i dont know if the players would cope well.

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:50:45

I sure hope it a european country, I don't want to watch football at wakward times.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:53:08

At 6/5/10 12:23 PM, rorypearce94 wrote: Even If America wins, there will be huuuge fights over which state gets to host it.

It would obviously have to be in one of our "Premier" states like Califonia, New York, Florida, Hawaii, etc. No one is going to want to go to South Dakota to watch soccer.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:54:38

At 6/5/10 12:43 PM, Ship wrote:
And Qatar would be interesting because it's such a small country that most people probably don't even know exists. Of course they would definitely need to get a decent team behind them so they don't embarrass themselves in front of their own fans. Sadly, I don't think Qatar would have too much of a chance considering they are such a small market country and may not even be able to support hosting the WC.

It would, but I'd like to see it in England more than anything really, but having a freezing cold place would be pretty cool. And they have plastic pitches, over there in Russia. Qatar, hmm it does seem unlikely to happen.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:56:23

At 6/5/10 12:21 PM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote:
At 6/5/10 12:18 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: I read that South Africa was hosting it this year.
USA plans to bid to host the 2018 world cup.

He meant: USA>South Africa

So you shouldn't worry.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 12:56:31

Oh god if the Americans get to host the world cup its would be the biggest slap in the face. We are the footballing nation of the world we have a mini world cup here every saturday no other country can compare, England is the birth place of football the best place in the world to play football and the best supporters in the world all topped off the world class stadiums what other country can say that?

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 13:01:58

At 6/5/10 12:56 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Oh god if the Americans get to host the world cup its would be the biggest slap in the face. We are the footballing nation of the world we have a mini world cup here every saturday no other country can compare, England is the birth place of football the best place in the world to play football and the best supporters in the world all topped off the world class stadiums what other country can say that?

Im not from the UK but im an Arsenal supporter. I agree with you the fans are truely loyal to the club. I dont have any problems with the US squad...i mean Dempsey and Donovan are 2 of my favourite players and Tim Howard is really doing a good job at Everton. But...would the stadiums be full if USA hosted the world cup?

Bleh.

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 13:06:12

They had it in '94 guys.

It wasn't regarded as the greatest World Cup ever (the final is usually pulled out as being particularly dull - a nil-nil penalty standoff), but it still broke attendance records, at least according to Wikipedia. It also had one of football's great upsets: Bulgaria 2, Germany 1. It's no North Korea in '66, but it's still cool.

Oh wait, we didn't qualify so it didn't count, lololol.

On the subject of Qatar, I agree with Blatter: there needs to be a Middle East World Cup sometime, just like how there needed to be an African one. Australia would be interesting too, since they can easily get the stuff together. Holland-Belgium too, because they're underrated as far as the common thinking goes. I love how Luxembourg is squeezed in there - it would be fucking awesome if they were automatically qualified on that basis, but sadly no.

I look forward to South Africa myself.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 13:07:26

im pissed off that soccer isint more populer here
handegg sucks

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 13:13:17

At 6/5/10 01:01 PM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote: Im not from the UK but im an Arsenal supporter. I agree with you the fans are truely loyal to the club. I dont have any problems with the US squad...i mean Dempsey and Donovan are 2 of my favourite players and Tim Howard is really doing a good job at Everton. But...would the stadiums be full if USA hosted the world cup?

Yes, they probably would. There are plenty of people in the US who would love to see the World Cup. For instance, my grade is taking the time out of classes to watch it this Friday. Plus, they've hosted it and done fine before.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 13:54:26

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 14:02:59

At 6/5/10 01:54 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: Also

soccer according to USA.

Strangely enough, I believe that scene was based on a writer's/producer's experience of watching the first game of the '94 World Cup. I'm not going to bother looking it up, but supposedly he watched for about twenty minutes and just turned the TV off.

To be fair, I treat cricket on similar terms. Unless the commentary is amusing, like when they're talking about Dumb and Dumber for some stupid reason.

That reason being NOTHING'S HAPPENING.

Response to Usa? Hosting The Fifa Wc? 2010-06-05 14:15:26

I think the USA could make a good host, but I'm not sure about their enthusiasm for football. If hardly anyone in that country cares, then I think it might be better to do it in a country that does. Empty stadiums are no fun.

Of course I would prefer Belgium/Holland myself, because I live there so I could visit some matches if I wanted to.

If it's not gonna be Holland/Belgium I would prefer England or Portugal/Spain due to the time zones. Any of the other nations are either 10~12 hours ahead of us or 10~12 hours behind us, meaning that all matches are gonna be played around midnight in Europe, which sucks.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature