00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Trial of Sirtom93

16,652 Views | 163 Replies

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:01:17

At 5/30/10 06:35 AM, Rig wrote:
At 5/30/10 06:25 AM, BrockManson wrote: I don't think anyone who attended the trial would be able to relay the information on here would they?
Depends if there's any media blackouts. A public forum might count as media. Then again, if we're media, we oughta get journalist protection rights. Who knows? I'm just wondering if anyone in the UK can get their tushes to the Norwich Crown Court on the 9th.

Haha, whoever goes should draw some courtroom-style sketches, complete with cock jokes.

If I weren't in Nottingham, I'd go along myself but bit too far away unfortunately.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:05:57

Holy shit dude !!! I live in Norwich
..I really hope it's not my school that he was thinking of burning down :P

Woud I really be allowed to randomly walk in there ?
And as I am 16 years of age , would that matter too much ?

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:13:45

At 5/30/10 07:05 AM, kaywire wrote: Holy shit dude !!! I live in Norwich

You should swing by (beforehand ideally) and just ask at the front desk. Say an aquaintance is in court on the 9th and you would like to know if you can sit in the viewers gallery.

i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:19:30

At 5/30/10 07:13 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 5/30/10 07:05 AM, kaywire wrote: Holy shit dude !!! I live in Norwich

You should swing by (beforehand ideally) and just ask at the front desk. Say an aquaintance is in court on the 9th and you would like to know if you can sit in the viewers gallery.

i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

I'm on my half term right now so Il pass by the place and see if I can actualy get in there on the date.
The 9th is a Wednesday which is a school day unfortunatley but luckly I'm on study leave and il just have to make sure I have no exams on that day. If so , then I don't see why I can't meet the legend himself .

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:20:20

It seems unlikely that he would plead not guilty, what with the evidence in the thread. He can't really explain that away.

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:22:26

The court is near by Anglia Square and Castle mall which is only a few mins walk from our apartment.
So that seems good as well

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:24:41

The legal system in the UK is extremely slow, Rig. You could be over here for a few weeks! At the British taxpayer's expense!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:48:32

I wonder, though, if he gets released and a local NG-er commits some act of vigilance, would that be frowned upon?

Seriously, reading this thread..

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 07:51:41

Well he's obviously guilty, I'm guessing he'll probably plead as such.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 08:05:34

Rig is the man, no doubt about that.

So you're allowed to talk about the trial online with us? Its not private or anything like that? I just thought it might be the case where you can't discuss the stuff because you might find new evidence after talking to someone and then you get in shit for bringing up new evidence, or some kind of judgmental bias after chatting to us?

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 08:06:05

Seems rather intense that they would fly you all the way to England for a trial over a stupid kid.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 08:54:52

Ehhh im sure this dumb kid wants to move on with his life as much as anyone else who's royally fucked up in the past.
While part of me kinda does want to know what happens to him, part of me feels like we've heckled him for the better part of last year and we should find something else to fixate on.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 09:26:11

At 5/30/10 08:54 AM, Luis wrote: Ehhh im sure this dumb kid wants to move on with his life as much as anyone else who's royally fucked up in the past.
While part of me kinda does want to know what happens to him, part of me feels like we've heckled him for the better part of last year and we should find something else to fixate on.

GRRR U GAIS IMMA GO BURN DOWN MAH SKOOL! HATE MEH!

On topic, i believe it would be possible to watch court proceedings from the gallery. Watched a hearing for a sociology class way back. Could be a good way to fuck with his head, just wear an NG t-shirt and grin at the lil' fella.

Still, Norwich is about as far as London for me and i'd rather save my cash so i can pop to the London meet.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 09:40:58

this is some serious shit, kids

don't be a toughie on the internet less rig kicks your ass

how much could you do in jail for "suspection of arson"

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:14:12

rig, could you videotape it in the audiance and post it in the portal by converting it to a flash file?

I accidentaly the Economy

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:15:58

At 5/30/10 10:14 AM, MasterOfAssassins wrote: rig, could you videotape it in the audiance and post it in the portal by converting it to a flash file?

Filming in a court is illegal and you will put in jail in England, unless Rig wants become the new Sirtom

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:18:35

At 5/30/10 03:03 AM, Psycho-Pickle wrote:
At 5/30/10 02:57 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: You're gonna snitch?
Didn't he already snitch by telling the cops in the first place?

Anyway, I was just talking to a friend about this a couple days ago. And we we're saying its weird that no ones said anything about the court and all that. We figured he would have went to trial by now.

I'm still surprised why Rig would pull such a dick move and call the cops. It was pretty fucking obvious sirtom wasn't going to do anything, just show-off a bit. Rig acted like that grandma that watches the neighbours' kids and calls the cops when they're putting firecrackers in bottles.

But whatever, even though he didn't do the right thing and might ruin the kid's life, he still gets 500 cool points.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:23:16

I think I might be able to get there, I'm in Canterbury atm but I could do it as I don't anything to do at uni.

Let me kill your thread for you, it wasn't all that interesting anyway.

Sig by Limited

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:26:39

At 5/30/10 10:21 AM, citricsquid wrote:
At 5/30/10 10:18 AM, Lorkas wrote: I'm still surprised why Rig would pull such a dick move and call the cops. It was pretty fucking obvious sirtom wasn't going to do anything, just show-off a bit. Rig acted like that grandma that watches the neighbours' kids and calls the cops when they're putting firecrackers in bottles.
...there's a difference between making threats online and actually doing it, sirtom was arrested at school in the process of enacting his plan.

But all he did was bring the stuff to school. Or was he caught spilling the gasoline/burning stuff?
If that was the case that damn lol nevermind what I said.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:26:44

At 5/30/10 10:18 AM, Lorkas wrote:
I'm still surprised why Rig would pull such a dick move and call the cops. It was pretty fucking obvious sirtom wasn't going to do anything, just show-off a bit. Rig acted like that grandma that watches the neighbours' kids and calls the cops when they're putting firecrackers in bottles.

Who knows if he was just showing off?

He had a plan with a date, time, place, and a method. If someone put that much effort into something, I think it's pretty clear what they intend to do.

Ex. If I posted a thread saying "imma burn down my school, watch out!" I probably wasn't being serious. However, if I posted a thread talking about when, how, and where I was going to commit this act, as well as posting an image of what i was going to use, it's safe to assume that I'm not joking.

The kid had a screenshot of the Columbine massacre in his sig. And I believe he spoke of how he despised his classmates on numerous occasions.

Better to be safe than sorry. In this case, it could have been potentially a life or death situation. We may never know, but we do know he threatened to commit an act of violence on a public school.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:30:22

At 5/30/10 10:28 AM, citricsquid wrote: He was arrested when he arrived at school with the items in hand.

Yeah I guess so.

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 10:31:16

If Tom pleads not guilty, Rig is going to school his ass in the courtroom.

I'll make popcorn.

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing

Than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.

-- ee cummings

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 11:48:19

I had a brilliant idea! When we figure out who's going we'll set up a webcam and Stickham it!

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 12:02:43

At 5/30/10 12:46 AM, Rig wrote: Norwich Crown Court
Address: The Law Courts, Bishopsgate, Norwich. NR3 1UR
Tel: 01603-728200
Fax: 01603-760863
Directions: British Rail to Norwich Station (From Liverpool Street Station). + 15mins walk.

I live literally 15 minutes away from Norwich, though I doubt I'll go, I guess I'll hear about the result of it all though before some of you guys...probably.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 12:10:36

At 5/30/10 12:53 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Enough with the Sirtom threads!!!!1

Dude, it's important. He tried to commit arson, and he was a newgrounder. If you don't like it, don't read it.

The rest of us want to stay informed.

Insert humorous comment about the below user.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dmabste rProductions

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 12:17:01

If Rig hadn't called the cops and Tom did actually do it, that'd given NG sooooo much publicity.

hello

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 12:19:18

At 5/30/10 01:02 AM, igott wrote:
3) The look on Rig's face would be priceless.

Thread mood.

"Waaaaa SEMEN waaaaa hurky durry... blowjob we need to fuck hurr durr"

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 14:11:07

At 5/30/10 08:54 AM, Luis wrote: While part of me kinda does want to know what happens to him, part of me feels like we've heckled him for the better part of last year and we should find something else to fixate on.

Yeah, it's an event that struck close to home, but I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed or brought up at ALL. Think about an event like 9/11 or Columbine or the Mason murders and the threads that were (or would be) made about it. Would you feel the same way about our discussion?

This is an important event relating to another important event that involved Newgrounds, and I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to talk about it.

Anyways...

How about we keep the speculation to a minimum and just report on the happenings of the trial, eh?

At 5/30/10 08:05 AM, REDSPADES wrote: So you're allowed to talk about the trial online with us? Its not private or anything like that?

No, there's nothing in the letters that say confidential. I don't know about procedure if or when I'm actually in court.

At 5/30/10 07:57 AM, citricsquid wrote: Rig: Why would they have you come for the trial? Were you involved beyond contacting the police and relaying information, or is that enough for them to need your testimony/information?

I provided a witness statement. As a witness, I'm kept informed of the proceedings.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 15:07:41

If you go to the trial, you should wear a newgrounds shirt, and call him Sirtom not thomas Briggs, because it would be so awesome.

Response to The Trial of Sirtom93 2010-05-30 15:13:39

The trial is starting over a year later??