00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Beat Red!

1,018 Views | 10 Replies

I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 20:40:54

Today after 48 hours of gameplay on pokemon soul silver i have beat red. What should i do now? Which starters should i pick?

BBS Signature

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 20:45:57

Why would you beat Red? I personally loved him in the Penumbra series, and you should be sick of feeling pleasure out of beating Red.

BBS Signature

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 20:48:18

At 4/13/10 08:40 PM, sorryhalofreak wrote: Today after 48 hours of gameplay on pokemon soul silver i have beat red. What should i do now? Which starters should i pick?

Starters suck. Its all about the Heracross. You get one of those bad boys, you are set. For doubles battles, the best combo is Gyarados and Rhydon (or w/e its evolved form is). If you really want to use a starter, the best is blastoise: his special attack and defense are superior to that of venusaurs and charizard's defense and health is just too low to be effective, considering there are better blitz attackers in the game like Heracross that make charizard obsolete. Plus, durable pokemon help you progress through the game easier because it means less white outs.

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 20:56:07

I remember that prick. He always beat me. What happens after you beat him?

BBS Signature

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 21:32:01

At 4/13/10 08:48 PM, zero-gravity wrote: For doubles battles, the best combo is Gyarados and Rhydon (or w/e its evolved form is).

Holy fuck no, not even close.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 21:37:15

At 4/13/10 09:32 PM, malachi117 wrote:
At 4/13/10 08:48 PM, zero-gravity wrote: For doubles battles, the best combo is Gyarados and Rhydon (or w/e its evolved form is).

I beg to differ. Gyarados has a retardedly high attack power with a good move line up. Plus since he is part flying, Rhydon can use earthquake and only damage the other team. On top of this, you are virtually invincible to electric pokemon because of Rhydons lightning rod ability meaning your gyarados is free to do a ton of damage. Plus the types compliment each other. Anything that can threaten rhydon can be dispatched by gyarados and anything that threatens gyarados can be dispached of by rhydon. The only pokemon type that would pose a serious threat is ice types, but there aren't any good meta-game ice types.

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 21:45:43

At 4/13/10 09:37 PM, zero-gravity wrote:
I beg to differ...

Pfft. Just get a Staraptor and a pokemon that has the Levatate ability, get Staraptor to kill Rhydon with Close combat, then use Thunder or whatever on Gyrados.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 21:48:01

At 4/13/10 09:37 PM, zero-gravity wrote:
I beg to differ.

While Rhyperior & Gyarados is good combo team, the low speed of Rhyperior makes it easy to counter as fighting is 2X damage to it and water is 4X. So a fast water type added with something to counter Gyarados can finish them fast. The water attacks Ryhperior with the other attacking it also as a just incase with a fighting type attack. Ryhperior should be KO'd and Gyarados's moveset is usually Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Stone Edge so it isn't going to be able to properly counter the other two.

It's a good combo, but not near the best.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-13 22:11:09

At 4/13/10 08:45 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: Why would you beat Red? I personally loved him in the Penumbra series, and you should be sick of feeling pleasure out of beating Red.

Poor old dude, sad thing that he lived for so long alone... Imagine, eating rats, dogs and stuff with no light, for years... I understand is will to die... But beating him? That just sick!

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

-Albert Einstein

BBS Signature

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-14 13:06:22

At 4/13/10 10:11 PM, Can-head wrote:
At 4/13/10 08:45 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: Why would you beat Red? I personally loved him in the Penumbra series, and you should be sick of feeling pleasure out of beating Red.
Poor old dude, sad thing that he lived for so long alone... Imagine, eating rats, dogs and stuff with no light, for years... I understand is will to die... But beating him? That just sick!

Is burning him alive in an incinerator much better? You could have at least given him a stick of dynamite and the lighter and said "Here buddy, your life is in your own hands!"

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to I Beat Red! 2010-04-14 14:01:20

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature