00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lintire's Art String

79,717 Views | 393 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lintire's Art String 2014-12-22 17:05:16 (edited 2014-12-22 17:16:34)

At 12/22/14 03:21 PM, lovingthedark wrote: anatomically accurate female genitalia? newgrounds, i didn't know you knew how!

oh but also i'd make that line that leads up to the hips and delineates the thighs from the abdomen (see arrows) a lot softer, since that's usually not quite that defined. though sometimes it is! just very rarely. bodies are strange. but it's a recession in depth created by a fat deposit rather than bone, so i wouldn't make it too sharp. especially when the rest of your figure is so slender.

also unless it's shaved that way hair usually covers more of the mons? and it tends to thin a bit as it gets to the edges. you probably knew that though.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2014-12-25 07:08:42

Here's some fanart for an indie game called Sequence. It's a rhythm-based RPG.

I love painting UI and game mechanics into the illustration itself. One of my favourite things to do. Put a bit more effort in than usual. Softened up the brush I used in Photoshop, too, since I'm kind of tired of my illustrations looking sharp enough to cut you.

At 12/22/14 05:05 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 12/22/14 03:21 PM, lovingthedark wrote: anatomically accurate female genitalia? newgrounds, i didn't know you knew how!
oh but also i'd make that line that leads up to the hips and delineates the thighs from the abdomen (see arrows) a lot softer, since that's usually not quite that defined. though sometimes it is! just very rarely. bodies are strange. but it's a recession in depth created by a fat deposit rather than bone, so i wouldn't make it too sharp. especially when the rest of your figure is so slender.

also unless it's shaved that way hair usually covers more of the mons? and it tends to thin a bit as it gets to the edges. you probably knew that though.

I've been ruined - ruined by my days of drawing v-shaped lower abdomens strong enough to snap a balsa-wood plank just by hip-thrusting at it with the speed of a lust-powered jet engine. Probably.

I'll keep on eye on those delineating thigh-lines. I suppose it didn't cross my mind at the time that I could've just used a softer brush to do the work for me. Thanks for the radvice, Dark. And yeah, the completely unnatural kept fur patch was on purpose.

Perhaps it's an unpopular look. I'm unaware of the role pubic hair plays in fashion statements.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2014-12-25 09:23:09

At 12/25/14 07:08 AM, Lintire wrote: Softened up the brush I used in Photoshop, too, since I'm kind of tired of my illustrations looking sharp enough to cut you.

Interesting! I'm curious about your work process - what does a quick sketch look like and how do you go from there?
Also how do you select colours to consistently make your rainbowgasmic eyecandy?

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-01-03 13:37:24

Completely inane, but here's some things I drew for Miiverse. It's a horrible little drawing tool, actually. No layers, monochrome only, no zooming, very insensitive touchpad. But its quick and easy, so I use it anyway.

Wonderful 101 is easily my GOTY. I don't care that it came out last year, shut up. Bayonetta 2 is okay too, I guess. Ending is lame.

At 12/25/14 09:23 AM, Havegum wrote:
At 12/25/14 07:08 AM, Lintire wrote: Softened up the brush I used in Photoshop, too, since I'm kind of tired of my illustrations looking sharp enough to cut you.
Interesting! I'm curious about your work process - what does a quick sketch look like and how do you go from there?
Also how do you select colours to consistently make your rainbowgasmic eyecandy?

I'm not a fan of thumbnailing, or brainstorming or whatever. I find it's just a waste of time, I only ever go with the first idea anyway. So my sketch is just me throwing down the visual image I've already gotten in mind, rendering that to a point where I'm able to paint with easy, quickly throwing colours under it and then painting over it until I'm "satisfied" with the image.

Recently I've taken care not to do any rendering whatsoever under the sketch layer, since the sketch's values often mess with my own intended ones.

Colours are a similarly haphazard affair. Normally I choose two main colours - one warm and one cold. Doesn't have to be particularly warm or cold, don't have to be opposites, shadows can be warm and lights can be cold. Whatever it is that serves my whims at that particular time. Picture is based around that. There can be three or four colours, or sixteen if I'm in the mood for it.

I wouldn't call it random (well I would but smarmy assholes have called me out for it in the past), but it's certainly not overthought. Colours don't really matter, as long as your values are right you can get away with anything.

At 12/25/14 10:59 AM, 24901miles wrote: Also do you ever bind keyboard hotkeys to different brushes and colors?

If so, what's your layout?

I've got a couple of tools binded so I can quickly hit them all with the one hand, F for Brush, Q for Crop, W for Lasso, C and V for Decrease/Increase Brush size. Those are really the only hotkeys I used. Photoshop CS3 has that nifty F5 bind for when I feel like messing with brushes, which isn't often. Most of the time, it's just a brush.

But I did feel that my images were getting sharper when I decreased their size than I intended them to be, so I messed with it that once.

And a happy new year!

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-01-14 14:54:16

Didn't have any free time over ye olde holidays. Bleh. Here we are now, with Sockembop's character... I'm going to go ahead and call him Steve. Say hello to Steve.

Ignore fishlip rendering thanks.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-01-20 07:20:34

I ran out of videogames to play, so here's a comic book protagonist.

Eh, yeah that's pretty much what it'll look like. I named it Daisy, I hope you all appreciate the humour of that.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-01-20 16:39:41

At 1/20/15 07:20 AM, Lintire wrote: I ran out of videogames to play, so here's a comic book protagonist.

Eh, yeah that's pretty much what it'll look like. I named it Daisy, I hope you all appreciate the humour of that.

Jeez, your coloring is so lovely. And a bit better blended this time around, I feel? It seems more subtle.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-02-22 22:30:42 (edited 2015-02-22 22:32:53)

At 1/20/15 04:39 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Jeez, your coloring is so lovely. And a bit better blended this time around, I feel? It seems more subtle.

I'm going to take that as the compliment it totally is.

I've never been a big fan of subtlety, though. Big, bombastic, colourful, that sort of thing. So here's something I tried to be as inhumanely messy with as possibly.
Done for the COW #91
Double-dipping forever.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-05 07:01:38

This took a while. Favour for a buddy.

This is one of those images that starts off kind of neat, but as you complete it you realize it doesn't look nearly as good as you imagined it and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Oh wait, that's all of them.

Nevertheless, it's pretty useless at a smaller resolution. Here's a higher one.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-11 05:33:00

Here's some fanart for Postal 2.

Started this one ages ago, and had the sketch around because I couldn't be arsed to finish it off. Figured I may as well paint it and send it off into the world, like an unsightly, lumpy child being rejected from a foster home.

S'okay game. Added little aliens to his police outfit tie because I thought it was cute.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-12 19:23:50

The heads of the peons will rise when all has fallen, and they will plead; "Please, stop double dipping. You've posted it once, isn't that enough for you?".

And I will rise out of the gutter, cast them a downward glance and whisper "No.".

Anyway this is ZaneZansorrow's character... I didn't catch a name, let's call her Bob. Why not check out his other stuff, over on this very own sterile sitemap. You know you want to.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-18 00:28:50

Oh, you thought that posting a creature in a thread specifically designed to keep the pictures in that thread would keep me from double-dipping? Surprise.

If I could do it again I'd have differentiated the two sets of wings more, but what can you do. Many thing. Whatever.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-19 02:40:19

Did this turn out well? Nah.
Should I post it once, let alone twice? Course not.
Will I let that stop me in the slightest? Haha, no.

Prepare for 30 odd pictures of random creatures here, there, and everywhere.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-19 10:53:49

best centaur grandma I've ever seen.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-20 23:23:40

At 3/19/15 10:53 AM, lovingthedark wrote: best centaur grandma I've ever seen.

When you take into account the sheer amount of centaur grandmas on the art market nowadays, damn that means a lot.

Another chick of the monster variety.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-23 01:39:33

Hotline Miami 2 was okay.

That's not related to this, I was just playing that recently. Shush, nobody tell the government.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-23 10:32:38

We must all bear the consequences for our actions. Unless you're especially good at dodging responsibility.

This character, or more idea for a character when you get down to it, is by Jojo, and not the Bizarre Adventure kind. He also draws things, go check his stuff over on this VERY forum at no extra cost.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-24 08:49:59

You could have stopped this. You did nothing.

At 3/23/15 11:44 PM, JojoDodo wrote: Nice. Really like it and your take on it. Only thing that bothers me is her right leg, it is way too long.

It's a pretty shite picture, isn't it? Don't worry, we can say that here. Well I can. Purge that forced gratitude from your mind, this is a safe space.

Perspective gone awry, my Jojoey friend. Happens to the best of us. And indeed, the worst of us. Very often.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-03-25 04:20:36

Are you tired yet? I know I am. It's only a matter of time until I give up, but it'll be a fun ride until then.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-01 13:42:12

I ain't gonna lie. Temporary leave of absence was because I attempted a fairly ambitious painting, and once it gently sailed down to the ground in flames, corrupted files and hasty deletions the tenuous amount of fucks I gave flew out the window, gracefully.

So here's some minor picture. Getting back on the trike. Second stab at this design. First attempt was a complete fucking mess. Not proud of this one either, but I'm committed to double dipping, damn it.

It's Ephyse's design, who is - well, you should know who Ephyse is. Even I know who Ephyse is, and I only know like 5 people here. One of them is Belgium. Not Ephyse.

Feel free to mentally pronounce it "E-fizz". I know I am.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-03 13:04:46

I never actually got tired of this, I just got burned out completely on the whole painting thing for a while.

But we're back, baby. Not as clean, but supreme and mean.

It's a plant. As in flora, not the other way.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-03 22:23:58

Hello Lintire my old friend. It's nice to see you're still posting here. Your style is very distinct, I can identify a Lintire even if I look at it from afar. I must say you do really solid composition in your artwork, the way the colors interact with one another is just something entirely different. Now I am not the person to dictate how you should paint since what I am going to say is my own preference about art, but I think a bit of blending would do wonders for your art. If I can describe it, it looks as if your art is not unified in a way.

It's just my opinion, not really a given critique. You can choose to adhere or ignore it. I still think your art is pretty great.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-06 04:41:19

This one took a while. I was not feeling the concept. And the colour scheme is ugly. The weird amount of detailed for such a throwaway picture probably didn't help. Ah, whatever.

At 5/3/15 10:23 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I think a bit of blending would do wonders for your art. If I can describe it, it looks as if your art is not unified in a way.

Man that is the most "walking on eggshells" paragraph I've ever seen. Chill out man, we're all buds here.

Would appreciate an example picture, though. You mean more rendering, or smoother transitions, or less noticeable brush strokes? I kinda tried to "blend" a bit more here (a bit) but I don't really know what you mean.

Or you could just Pm me it or whatever. Man I've got no motivation or drive to get any better at this, I've just been pumping out the same sorts of illustrations for ages. I do try to not post without a picture though, which is why replies can take a while.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-14 11:43:47

Man, I fucking loathe my art. Inspires nothing by contempt and bile. I try not to reiterate that too much, because self-deprecation is annoying to behold, but goddamn do I hate this shite.

Let it not be said that I am a man who doesn't at least make a token effort to improve. I did try more blending, rendering, and tried using a set of "natural brushes" to achieve some minor visual noise to avoid that cold, sterilized look all my paintings have.

I can barely bring myself to try and improve. It's hard to look at my work without recoiling in disgust. But alas, it's the only thing I've ever had a remote chance of being passable at, so I soldier on.

Still turned out bloody awful, what can you do. But hey, I submitted it to the Art Portal anyway! Entirely just to try and bring a little extra attention to the game, I will admit, even if I don't believe my work is good enough to be there. All for the sake of the game. Which is a bloody wonderful game.

Speaking of which, boop. Check it out.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-14 11:56:02

Woah man I really love your art, don't pressure yourself too much tho.
Make sure that you do what you love and love what you do, because there's the chance that you will end up looking back and the only thing you have to remember is the stress you let yourself go through.
Its good to have ambition but don't stress yourself out. : D

Please visit my: |TWITTER| |TUMBLR| |INSTAGRAM|

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-14 12:39:31

At 5/14/15 11:43 AM, Lintire wrote: Still turned out bloody awful, what can you do.

Well I think it looks amazing.. I think you're being waaay too hard to yourself.
But I get what you mean.. I always get that feeling too. But mine is even worse that what you call "awful."

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-14 15:16:29

I fucking love your art, fyi.

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-15 00:17:57

Pfff, your stuff is pretty fun to look at and that's much more than you can say about a lot of people.
If anything i say you have some problems conveying depth. Some of your pictures look a bit flat, like everything's on the same plane, and sometimes that ends in all the elements in the frame fighting for attention.
Awesome colors!

Also sup.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-05-30 10:07:23

At 5/14/15 11:56 AM, Kosuk wrote: Woah man I really love your art, don't pressure yourself too much tho.
Make sure that you do what you love and love what you do, because there's the chance that you will end up looking back and the only thing you have to remember is the stress you let yourself go through.
Its good to have ambition but don't stress yourself out. : D
At 5/14/15 12:39 PM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 5/14/15 11:43 AM, Lintire wrote: Still turned out bloody awful, what can you do.
Well I think it looks amazing.. I think you're being waaay too hard to yourself.
But I get what you mean.. I always get that feeling too. But mine is even worse that what you call "awful."
At 5/14/15 03:16 PM, lovingthedark wrote: I fucking love your art, fyi.
At 5/15/15 12:17 AM, MasterMerol wrote: Pfff, your stuff is pretty fun to look at and that's much more than you can say about a lot of people.
If anything i say you have some problems conveying depth. Some of your pictures look a bit flat, like everything's on the same plane, and sometimes that ends in all the elements in the frame fighting for attention.
Awesome colors!

Also sup.
At 5/16/15 03:08 AM, DhomynO wrote: Let it be known that as you mature as an artist, you become more appreciative of the little improvements you make everytime you draw. it's good to be hard on yourself sometimes but it can be alittle to much when it becomes often. Just keep working and improving.

Holy motherfucking Mary of outpour of support, guys. I don't know halfway how to respond to all this. Seriously, help me brainstorm. All I've got is thanks. You're right.

Guess I ain't giving up the firm application of the brush anytime soon. Here's a little something for the MIA contest, which I said I'd enter like a month ago, and damn if I ain't a man of my word (I'm not (I'm flaky as hell)).

Piece Used:

Does seem on the same plane, don't it? Not to mention the eyebleeding amount of elements. Have to work on that.

Lintire's Art String

Response to Lintire's Art String 2015-07-24 21:30:33

Dude asked for a couple of designs for his pet project.

The idea behind the quilts is that it'd function as a tabard and banner, showing off heraldry and shit with individual patches. Armour itself obviously takes a lot of inspiration from early Chinese armour.

Lintire's Art String