00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread

68,729 Views | 1,021 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 07:16:25

At 5/19/10 06:39 AM, Auz wrote: Heh this was odd. I think the time it takes to make an egg for a pokemon is decided randomly. It took ages before Jynx finally made an egg, but Magmar got an egg like one minute after I dropped him at the day care. Both had the same attraction to Ditto, so it seems like there is a large random factor in play there.

Every 256 steps you take, there's a chance of getting an egg, depending on the attraction. I ranges between 19.% and 69.3%.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 16:43:58

I still haven't found a feebas, isn't it on one of the pokewalker courses?

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 16:48:05

At 5/19/10 07:03 AM, StupidHumorKing wrote: Hi, need help.

I'm building a team up for the Pokemon Championship UK Qualifier in Birmingham on the 29th. I've read the rules from the PDFs on their website but I want to know if moves like False Swipe are illegal. May seem like a dumb question, but I need to ask lol.

As far as I know false swipe is perfectly legal, but I don't understand why you would want to use it. 40 BP, normal type, that won't kill.

I do believe that evasion moves like double team and minimize might not be allowed, but moves like sand-attack are fine. That, and OHKO moves like sheer cold and fissure are normally illegal.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 17:32:00

At 5/19/10 04:43 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I still haven't found a feebas, isn't it on one of the pokewalker courses?

The very last one. If my mind serves me correctly you need 100,000 watts. I could be wrong on that though.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 17:48:29

Ya know, I'm actually sad I bought the game. It's really, well, boring. I mean, once you beat it and all, it just gets dumb.

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 22:16:37

Bulbasaur is now my favorite pokemon.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 22:20:50

At 5/19/10 05:48 PM, bman200 wrote: Ya know, I'm actually sad I bought the game. It's really, well, boring. I mean, once you beat it and all, it just gets dumb.

Same thing happened to me and my buddies, about 8 of us bought the game and got bored after beating it. Just arrange a 2 v 2 tournament with your friends, thats what we did, it was a blast.

dafuq? | xbl gt - FATTYCANTJUMP | Lord Stanley Is Ours

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-19 23:46:09

At 5/19/10 05:48 PM, bman200 wrote: Ya know, I'm actually sad I bought the game. It's really, well, boring. I mean, once you beat it and all, it just gets dumb.

Yup, hardly touch it anymore.. played it for about 112 hours and just can't play more than 5 minutes now.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-20 00:10:49

At 5/19/10 10:16 PM, akmeteor wrote: Bulbasaur is now my favorite pokemon.

Care to elaborate?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-20 09:53:44

At 5/19/10 07:16 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/19/10 06:39 AM, Auz wrote: Heh this was odd. I think the time it takes to make an egg for a pokemon is decided randomly. It took ages before Jynx finally made an egg, but Magmar got an egg like one minute after I dropped him at the day care. Both had the same attraction to Ditto, so it seems like there is a large random factor in play there.
Every 256 steps you take, there's a chance of getting an egg, depending on the attraction. I ranges between 19.% and 69.3%.

Aha so that's how it works. Guess I was very unlucky with Jynx then, and very lucky with Magmar.

At 5/19/10 11:46 PM, A wrote:
Yup, hardly touch it anymore.. played it for about 112 hours and just can't play more than 5 minutes now.

Well 112 hours of gametime is still a lot of hours for any game. You could say that it was at least worth the money.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-20 21:36:18

At 5/20/10 12:10 AM, Chdonga wrote:
At 5/19/10 10:16 PM, akmeteor wrote: Bulbasaur is now my favorite pokemon.
Care to elaborate?

Everytime it comes into battle I yell Bulbasaur. It pisses my mom off so much.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-27 11:06:51

I've finally beat the Elite four and I'm looking for a Mudkip or Treecko. I'm fine with whatever stats they have. I've got a bunch of baby Eevees and Totodiles and a helix fossil if anybody wants a trade.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-27 12:12:38

i have a lvl 99 shiny mew if anyone is interested? i woul like in exchange a linone/ zigzagoon with extremespeed

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-27 13:17:52

At 5/27/10 12:12 PM, Biodegrade wrote: i have a lvl 99 shiny mew if anyone is interested? i woul like in exchange a linone/ zigzagoon with extremespeed

Did you make it with pokesav?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-30 11:42:24

At 5/27/10 11:06 AM, Chdonga wrote: I've finally beat the Elite four and I'm looking for a Mudkip or Treecko. I'm fine with whatever stats they have. I've got a bunch of baby Eevees and Totodiles and a helix fossil if anybody wants a trade.

I've still got a copy of Pokemon Ruby, so as an added bonus, I'll be able to trade you a Mudkip or Treecko egg if you'd like.

I'll get back to you on that once I've got one.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-30 11:56:48

Is anybody else really disappointed by the Battle Frontier? I mean, in previous games, the Battle Frontier/Battle Tower was really tough, it was a place for more or less competitive battling. Your average in-game team would get their arses handed to them.

In Emerald, I hardly managed to win any battles in the Battle Frontier, and my in-game team was pretty solid, for an in-game team.

But now, in Soul Silver, I'm using a team that's way weaker than my Emerald one, and I'm whizzing through the battles real easy. These trainers are pathetic, heck, wild pokemon fight better.

Your thoughts?

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-30 18:44:02

At 5/30/10 11:56 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Is anybody else really disappointed by the Battle Frontier?
Your thoughts?

Try the Wi-Fi challenge in Battle Tower then.
I could only get up to the 5th battle in one of the rooms there.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-30 19:38:40

At 5/30/10 11:56 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: But now, in Soul Silver, I'm using a team that's way weaker than my Emerald one, and I'm whizzing through the battles real easy. These trainers are pathetic, heck, wild pokemon fight better.

Your thoughts?

How far into the tower are you? A normal team will get destroyed going up against almost anything after the first Palmer fight.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-30 20:30:45

At 5/30/10 01:37 PM, Mexifry wrote: Nothing in the OU metagame could take more than 2 specs Draco Meteor from Latias.
It was way overpowered with way too many options and way too much bulk.

Nothing except Blissey, Empoleon, Jirachi, Metagross, and some Skarmory that concentrate on heavy Special Defense EVs can take it. It is also notable that it was really, really easy to slap Latias into a team...
I was saddened that Latias got banned only because I was using one in my current team. I made a Rate-my-Team thread in Smashboards. I was using the Dual Screen set. I've also used a Choice Scarf Latias to check many Dragon Dancers like Salamence, Gyarados, and Kingdra...
IMO I think Salamence is more broken. His Draco Meteor is just as powerful as Latias', and has access to Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. It also has an even more threatening physical attacking potential. FFS Salamence even gets Aqua Tail. Because of Dragon Dance, Salamence forces teams to hold the item Choice Scarf on Pokemon who are already fast, like Gengar and Starmie. And if you try to revenge kill Salamence with stuff like Ice Shard or Bullet Punch, there's nothing really stopping it from switching out. At least Latias had Pursuit to worry about.

I hate the Dragons so much... They are way too versatile. And there are even more Dragons coming up in the 5th generation. What next? Giving Flygon Dragon Dance and the Tinted Lens ability?

Other than super serious competetive Shoddybattle business, would anyone like to play on Wifi? My friend code is 0088-4769-3601.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-30 22:58:14

Who was the asshole who thought you didn't need to gain EXP in the Trainer House? It's pretty hard to train when you can't get stronger.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-31 01:34:47

Maybe my pokemon are just low attack EVs, but it seems like dragon type moves are only strong when used by, while at the same time against dragon type pokemon. My level 50 something Pidgeot can barely kill a level 30 something Dratini with Twister.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-31 02:32:16

At 5/31/10 01:27 AM, Mexifry wrote: He's an Ubers Suspect right now.
My guess is here is gonna get banned soon.

I'm aware of that. I really hope it gets banned to Ubers. More people are pro-ban.

They need a new Dragon check besides steel. The whole metagame has been based around Stealth Rock and countering Dragons and thats because Stealth Rock is horribly broken and Dragon Types hit pretty much everything for neutral damage.

Steel isn't even a full Dragon check. All Steel does is resist the attacks, but Steel type attacks are only neutral against Dragons. Even if they resist the attacks, they are taking a huge dent anyway because the attacks are coming from extremely high offensive stats, and the moves themselves have ridiculously large base power (Outrage-120 and Draco Meteor-140) with STAB.

If Salamence is OU 'because he is worn down by Stealth Rock and Sandstorm and Life Orb very quickly and is easily taken out by priority moves', then Deoxys-A should be OU, because it is OHKOd by anything, so it is easily revenge killed and Pursuit prevents it from switching. I can very well see Salamence take out more than one Pokemon from the opposing team because of its bulk to take hits and ridiculous power. I can't really see Deoxys-A doing that because ANYTHING will kill it, so it's easily forced out by Priority users, Choice Scarf holders, and is trapped by Pursuit. Deoxys-A is Scizor's bitch. Deoxys can't even use STAB attacks. Psychic is a horrible typing.

At 5/31/10 01:34 AM, Chdonga wrote: Maybe my pokemon are just low attack EVs, but it seems like dragon type moves are only strong when used by, while at the same time against dragon type pokemon. My level 50 something Pidgeot can barely kill a level 30 something Dratini with Twister.

Maybe because of low Special Attack EVs, Pidgeot's very low base Special Attack, and the fact that Twister has an extremely low base power. Level 50 and 30 aren't that far apart.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-31 18:09:41

I am currently getting to work on my team, leveling it up etc.

Tyranitar
Kingdra
Skarmory
Magmorter
Gallade
Magnazone

I will probably change Magmorter out for a different fire type like Arcanine or Rapidash.

Opinions?

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-05-31 23:35:47

At 5/31/10 07:09 PM, BonusStage wrote:
Calm Mind with Blissey/Cresselia
Softboiled/Recover with them
Use protect more
Umbreon even

lolol

I did some damage calcs, and with Stealth Rock, Sandstorm, and Leftovers, Cresselia is 2HKOd 100% of the time when it uses its common EV spreads. I'm not able to get an accurate one on Umbreon's common EV spread, but I'm sure Umbreon also has an extremely high chance of getting 2HKOd with the same settings. Even if they decide to max out their Special Defenses, Moonlight won't even heal half of the damage Draco Meteor did, thanks to Sandstorm. They can max out their Special Defense, but that would leave Cresselia vulnerable to OHKOs by Tyranitar or even Scizor, and Umbreon would lack Speed to outspeed other walls to Taunt them.
Calm Mind Blissey isn't very effective because of the amount of Trick users in the metagame. Latias herself can Trick a Choice item to cripple Blissey.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-06-01 00:32:49

stuck on the elite four >:(

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-06-01 05:41:32

At 6/1/10 02:26 AM, BonusStage wrote:
At 5/31/10 11:35 PM, verycoolguy wrote: Calm Mind Blissey isn't very effective because of the amount of Trick users in the metagame. Latias herself can Trick a Choice item to cripple Blissey.
Latias uses trick and tricks something to blissey
suddenly latias is attacking as normal
OU status only

Um, well let's see, Latias just rendered one Pokemon on a team completely useless, and still lives healthy with Leftovers and still holds ridiculous STAB to dent most stuff.

all you need is a pokemon to absorb the trick or one meteor, then switch to something to rape it.

Usually the Pokemon who absorbs Trick, is Choice Scarf Tyranitar, which I've said before, is mostly used because of Latias.
Also, if you build a team and decide to have a Pokemon with the sole purpose of countering Latias, shows that Latias has some overcentralization. Having to handle a Trick and Specs Draco Meteor requires two different Pokemon to handle the jobs. There is none who can do both.

If anything ttar/scizor/salamence will now only reign supreme, forcing more god damn hippowdon walls and more
god
damn
sandstorm

Hippowdon isn't really that good. Skarmory is a better wall because of resistances and Spikes. Scizor isn't really knows as a supreme sweeper that breaks teams down. It's more of a "best glue to a team ever". It's a beast of a team player. Salamence is put up as a suspect and is VERY likely to be voted as Uber. With those Dragons gone, Heatran will grow even more usage, as well as many Grass types, even Shaymin. With those Grass types, Tyranitar is in check.

Golduck seriously needs an Evolution
air lock needs to be OU usable :|

Cloud Nine*

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-06-01 10:00:34

I'm training an Eevee to try and get an Espeon, but it's going a bit slow. Can anyone tell me what increases happiness?

I know giving haircuts, leveling up and walking around with him increases the happiness-level, and I thought using items on him does so as well. Is there anything else?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-06-01 10:25:49

At 6/1/10 10:00 AM, Auz wrote: I'm training an Eevee to try and get an Espeon, but it's going a bit slow. Can anyone tell me what increases happiness?

I know giving haircuts, leveling up and walking around with him increases the happiness-level, and I thought using items on him does so as well. Is there anything else?

Vitamins give the biggest boost, I believe.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-06-01 12:12:15

At 6/1/10 10:25 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/1/10 10:00 AM, Auz wrote: I'm training an Eevee to try and get an Espeon, but it's going a bit slow. Can anyone tell me what increases happiness?

Vitamins give the biggest boost, I believe.

Ah thanks for the tip.

I gave him about 20 vitamin pills and he went straight from 'friendly towards you' to almost enough happiness to evolve. Two level-ups later he evolved into Espeon :)

So yeah I think they indeed do give the biggest boost, although it is quite expensive to make them happy that way.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-06-01 16:26:26

Finally have a Modest Seel that I'm going to train up to fight Claire with.

Not to mention Dewgong is one of the awesome awful Pokemon. I know that there are so many easier ways to beat the dragon gym, yet I'm doing this anyway. Yay me.

At 6/1/10 02:30 PM, BonusStage wrote:

I once got a Pokemon from standard happiness to enough to evolve by sitting around with the DS in one hand and pressing up and down on a long road. It's easier than going around looking for happiness increasing events.

BBS Signature