00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Interactive Story II

4,588 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 04:18:46

also, a couple more points.

At 3/4/10 02:30 AM, Version2 wrote: Currently, four of the main characters are in a room with a mentally unstable monster-cannibal, and the bad guys know that it could turn around and kill them just as quick and easily as the kids. So they open the fucking cage! Why? Are these bad guys retarded?

actually, you can tell by it's dialogue that it wouldn't hurt Beverly, it calls her Mommy and gets crazy when someone insults her or tries to hurt her, so it was pretty safe to assume they were in the clear and that they didn't have a problem.

the thing is, it wasn't trained to like Leo, they most likely assumed it wasn't a problem.

i personally think there's a few inconsistencies with that concept and if you wanna polishit up that's fine with me, but i don't speak for everyone.

The Leo character is a fucking bad ass.

yeah, Leo's one of my favorite characters too.

also, on the subject of the super strength Serum i'd just to say this:

check out this line, written by Reptyle:
:"Our dear Gustav has quite a flair for drama," Leonardo grinned ferally, "your father took away his humanity, and now he's going to destroy yours."

it's pretty much up to whatever writer who gets to do something with that does with it, but i think it's pretty obvious what it suggests.

personally, i think Gustav sent Leo and the gang after Dan and Tina just to test out the effects of the Serum, which is slowly turning Danny into a monster, but that's just my interpretation.

it's either him, Gustav (Aka the Boss) or Tina the Pale Monster chick.

Sorry I didn't post any content, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just trying to see where this is going, I guess? I promise the next time I post in this thread you will get Genuine Platinum Grade V2 Writing.

Well i hope i cleared some stuff up for you and that you can get to work on your contributions, because i really wanna see what you come up with.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 07:33:15

:How do you do the cool grey quote things? Anyway, I'm only slightly changing the the part about bounding up the stairs and out the door.:

"Wait!" Tina shouted, "What about Leo? He called your mommy crazy!"

"Lee-o? LEO! I will kill and eat him, kill and eat, he said bad things about Mommy!" the monster turned and bounded across the room.

"Come on, let's get out of here before that thing changes its mind again," said Tina.

The raging beast ran towards Leonardo, but the big man with the always smirking eyes stayed calm as ever. He reached into his coat pocket and snapped out a small black box, that he flipped a switch on. Instantly the monster tumbled over, and clutched its clawed hands to its large ears.

Daniel and Tina could clearly see that the creature was in pain, but they could not hear the frequencies that drilled through his head, deep into the madness ravaged mind, sending pain and fear surging through his nerves. "Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP! I'll rips out you eyes if it don't stop!" The creature roared, rising to his knees despite the agony.

Tina pulled Daniel away back towards the door they had come thru, but Daniel was having a small mental crisis of his own. This tortured abomination almost visibly pulsed with pain, and insanity. In Dan's short life, he had never witnessed anything as horrifying as this. A lot had happened in a short amount of time. He had been kidnapped, his body had been violated with unknown substances. His girlfriend had died, right beside him. Today, he had killed a man.

Barely inside the doorway Dan stopped to vomit a dark bile onto the cement floor. The monster screaming pure rage, locked eyes with Leo, and rose to his feet. It took a small step forward, a defiant and epic achievement under the barrage of punishment. Leonardo simply sighed, and pointed a large finger towards the door behind the beast.

It instantly understood, and bounded on all fours away down the hall, as fast it possibly could. Daniel and Tina weren't even halfway down the hall when they heard the thunderous footsteps fast approaching. Daniel turned just in time to see the roaring horror lunge, it's powerful muscles propelling it through the air like a missile. Long powerful arms stretched to extended sharp claws designed for evisceration directly at the young male.

It happened too fast for Dan to react. He saw the beast lunge one second, and the next instant he was on the cold hard floor and the beast was on him. Scalpel sharp claws were deep inside his abdomen, invading his organs. He heard Tina scream as the beast ripped out his intestines and threw them at the wall. He tried to scream himself, but his lungs failed him, his silent wide eyes staring out in terror. The monster howled and plunged it's two bloody thumbs into those huge white orbs, then ripped the boys skull in half.

A wet drop fell on his forehead. Daniel jerked and gasped awake. He was dead, he knew he was dead. He had just DIED. For a moment this thought consumed him, and he was completely oblivious to his surroundings. He suddenly remembered the beast and he jerked his eyes up, scanning his surrounds.

He was in an alley, beside a dumpster. Whatever had dripped on him, it was probably best to leave it unidentified. The sky was clear and blue, and there was no sign of the monster, Leonardo or his wife. But there was also no sign of Tina.

He felt his body, and saw that he was completely intact. All of his organs were still where they belonged, there wasn't a single wound on him. He wasn't wearing the same thing he had been this morning. He had a new plain white t-shirt on. His pale blue pants and sandals almost looked like they were prison issue.

Dan got to his feet, and started walking towards the street. He felt a little nauseous, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. When he got half way down the alley a sharp pain exploded from his right arm, sending him to his knees. Dan doubled over and clutched his arm with his left hand, waiting for the pain to go away, and after what seemed like an eternity it finally started to fade.

Daniel rolled up his shirt sleeve, and gasped. Right below his elbow, was a raised and jagged black line, almost as if his arm had been ripped off and reattached. Around this line the skin was growing dark and what looked like small red scales were starting to form.

Dan gasped, "Holy shit!"

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 07:41:52

Slight correction, "Right below his elbow" should be "Right below his shoulder." He's wearing a short sleeved shirt.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 09:13:17

All of a sudden, Dan evolved into a big massive GREEN pulsating monster with great big arms, a big scary face with big teeth and white eyes, and he could shoot lazers out of his mouth. Tina came and laughed. She then evolved ino a sexy slick creature that had the figure of a sexy woman, but had cat ears, a cat tail, and was really tall and hawwwt <3. Her powers were that she could shoot lasers from any hole in her body. Together, the two formed an alliance. Dan named himself DROKADOM the Terror. Tina was Terrordactyl, the Tiger!

Ther were "Terror Tiger!"

Suddenly the evil Leo approached.

"It's you Leo!" Dan said. Dan and Tina stood very still, but vibrated a little with anger, otherwise they looked liked statues.

"Ha ha!" Laughed Leo, who was an even bigger pulsating monster than Dan, and could also shoot lasers form any hole in his body. "You fools have underestimated me!"

"Oh no you're going to destroy us!" Yelled Tina in fear.

"Yes indeed! Finally I can get my revenge!" Leo laughed his evil menacing laugh.

Dan and Tina braced themselves.

"You see it was your father's who tried to hold me back, but now I'm free at last to destroy you!"

"Oh no!" yelled Tina. "He's gonna destroy us now for sure!"

"Yes indeed!" Laughed Leo. "You see, Because your father's are out of my reach, I cannot get my revenge. However, I can get revenge on their children which is more than I need!"

"I can't believe this is happening!" Dan couldn't believe this was happening. "To think I was just a 13-year-old-boy this morning, and now I'm the only one who can save the world."

"Yes." agreed Tina. "The fate of the entire world rests on the fate of a young, spoilt little american boy. you may be young, and stupid, and annoying, and get beat up at school, but you have a heroic heart, and I believe in you."

And she gave him courage. Dan smiled confidentally. This was his time to shine, if ever. He had to prove his worth. For all his time as a mere mortal human, now he was something more. there was more to him than meets the eye. He had to catch em all. Let it rip! Release the dragon! Sonic Blaster Activate! DROKADOM digivolve to... DRAKEDEMON! Heart of the cards!

"Muahhahaha!" laughed the Evil Leo, who had for all this time still not attacked... "You think a mere powerup that I was not aware you could do, and that I have absolutely no idea about can defeat me? You have been soley misled young patent one."

"It is you who has been soley mislead, Leo!" yelled Dan.

"Ooooh no Dan! I believe in you!" Cheered Tina, who was still in pussy cat form, wearing a VERY TIGHT AND SHORT SKIRT. her tail wagged more rapidly as the excitement grew.

"So, it has come down to this. you and me, here in this place." Said Leo, getting ready to attack.

"That's right! You think you can get revenge on my father by destroying me," Dan said angrilly, preparing to attack also. "But I won't let that happen!"

"Ha ha! I'd like to see you try to stop me, but I am a much more powerful being."

"I guess the only way to decide this is in combat!"

"Agreed! It's time for our swords to meet, in the field of war!"

"That is right! Let our battle begin!"

"I believe in you, Danieal of Terror!" yelled Tina.

"Stay back Tina! This fight is too dangerous for you!"

"No dan!" Tina protested. "I want to stay with you til the bitter end. Nothing will make me go away." She then smiled. "Give it all you got."

"Rrrr..rrrr.rrr.rr..rr....rrrr" Dan said as he felt the courage build up in him. a voice echo'd in his mind, saying "Daniel, keep your chin up, and remember, there is nothing to fear but being afraid..." And Daniel POWER UP'D!

"OOhhh!!!" said Leo who was startled! "How is this possible!!!"

"Haha! now it's time for you to pay, Leo. Time for you to pay INDEED! time to Fight!"

"Oh yea! I can also powerup!"

"OOGHH!@!!!" Said Daniel! surprised and amazed.

Suddenly Leo started to glow bright yellow. Bright wisps whirled around him. the wisps picked up speed until he became a thundring wirlwind of light. he opened his eyes, which were a bright white, and he groaned. Slowly, he held out his fists which were pulsating with anger. His groan started to rise to a scream, a terrifying scream that Daniel was very afraid of. The wisps dissapeared, and Daniel witnessed the most powerful power that had every been before his eyes before in his entire life before his eyes he had ever seen! He watched and waited as Leo powered up for another twenty seconds, doin spins, gaining clads of armor, and having a dragon make of light roar above his head before dissapearing.

'Muahahaha!" Leo laughed. "Now it's time to fight!"

lEO GOT READY TO FIGHT! "I call on Superclad ARMOR BAND! Suddenly there was a bright flash of light, and he was smothered in a golden blanket of love and believe-in-yourself. a choir hummed in the background, as Daniel got a tonne of armor and grew stronger a little bit. He grew some red hair too...

"Ohhh!!!" said Leo. "How can this be!!??!?!"

Dan snickered. "Hehe. now it's time to face off Leo, once and for all!"

"Very well!" Said Leo, finally ready.

The two enemies got ready to fight. they both had NO MORE POWERUPS left and no more other tricks, and the only thing left to do was fight!

"You will never take away my fathers honor!"

Or talk...

"Haha! you've been soley mislead.!

"It is you who has been soley mislead, Leo!" yelled Dan.

"Ooooh no Dan! I believe in you!" Cheered Tina, who was still in pussy cat form, wearing a VERY TIGHT AND SHORT SKIRT. her tail wagged more rapidly as the excitement grew.

"So, it has come down to this. you and me, here in this place." Said Leo, getting ready to attack.

"That's right! You think you can get revenge on my father by destroying me," Dan said angrilly, preparing to attack also. "But I won't let that happen!"

"Ha ha! I'd like to see you try to stop me, but I am a much more powerful being."

"I guess the only way to decide this is in combat!"

"Agreed! It's time for our swords to meet, in the field of war!"

"That is right! Let our battle begin!"

"I believe in you, Danieal of Terror!" yelled Tina.

"Stay back Tina! This fight is too dangerous for you!"

"No dan!" Tina protested. "I want to stay with you til the bitter end. Nothing will make me go away." She then smiled. "Give it all you got."

"Rrrr..rrrr.rrr.rr..rr....rrrr" Dan said as he felt the courage build up in him. a voice echo'd in his mind, saying "Daniel, keep your chin up, and remember, there is nothing to fear but being afraid..." And Daniel POWER UP'D!

"OOhhh!!!" said Leo who was startled! "How is this possible!!!"

"Haha! now it's time for you to pay, Leo. Time for you to pay INDEED! time to Fight!"

"Oh yea! I can also powerup!"

"OOGHH!@!!!" Said Daniel! surprised and amazed.

Suddenly, a meteor crashed into earth and earth exploded.

The End.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 09:19:39

At 3/4/10 09:13 AM, jossospro wrote: deeeeeerp.

would you just please leave?

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 10:03:29

V2, I agree that the story got pretty messy there for awhile, and I think you did a great job of retconning the whole thing. Leo was never portrayed as the type of guy you'd see so catastrophically dropping the ball, so I suppose it's possible he let Danny escape for some as-yet-unspecified reason, and the assorted psychotic monster was essentially meant to create a sense of peril as a blind. The story's not entirely up to me or any other individual, but I was attempting to find some way to cover the story's collective plot hole-riddled arse, the likes of which you've accomplished until the story get ludicrously convoluted again.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 10:40:25

At 3/4/10 10:03 AM, Reptyle wrote: the likes of which you've accomplished until the story get ludicrously convoluted again.

don't worry, the troll posts aren't canon.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 15:17:42

ignoring the troll here:

Dan gasped, "Holy shit!" Suddenly pain shot up his arm, and he screamed. He sat there for a few minutes, rolling around on the ground calling out for someone to help him. A crowd had gathered around the outside of the alleyway, and soon enough police were rushing in, guns out and ready.

They grabbed Daniel and pulled him up, propping him up onto the stretcher the EMTs had provided. Soon he was wheeled off to the ambulance, and the crowd was dispersed. Daniel kept on screaming until the narcotics knocked him out.

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 15:52:11

Jesus, he's going to get severe brain damage if he keeps getting knocked out you know :P

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 17:54:55

At 3/4/10 03:52 PM, Version2 wrote: Jesus, he's going to get severe brain damage if he keeps getting knocked out you know :P

You're right. That's what, the fourth time he's blacked out so far? It seems to be our chosen scene transition. I dunno, maybe he just has a weak constitution. Or brain cancer. Back to the story:

"I know I'm supposed to set a good example for you, Danny, so I hope you'll excuse me when I say you look like shit."

Danny blearily looked from his hospital bed to his godfather and namesake. The older Daniel was just as Danny remembered, but his silver-streaked hair was disheveled, his grip on his elegant cane just slightly too tight

"But I guess that's to be expected when you've been missing for over 36 hours," he smiled, wry and reassuring, then turned serious again. "What happened to you? You completely disappeared."

Danny slowly retold what had happened to him since he failed to arrive at school one warm Tuesday morning, sobbing as the reality of Cindy's murder sunk in, at the same time doubting his godfather would believe his bizzare story. To his surprise, the older man's only response was:

"Damn. Leonardo Aquinas isn't nearly that stupid. We need to get out of here."

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-04 23:53:29

Danny slowly retold what had happened to him since he failed to arrive at school one warm Tuesday morning, sobbing as the reality of Cindy's murder sunk in, at the same time doubting his godfather would believe his bizzare story. To his surprise, the older man's only response was:

"Damn. Leonardo Aquinas isn't nearly that stupid. We need to get out of here."

danny look around and saw that he wasn't hooked up to anything, he got off the bed, and wore his sandals. "so where are we going?" he asked with a face full of anger.

"in time boy, in time. you have screwed with the wrong man." his godfather said looking down,"that my boy all right suriving hell!" he got up and gave him a hug.

"uh gramps, you know what happen to me?" he asked.

"no, but im sure you got mixed up in some scientific crap like your father did. i told him to be a preacher, but no he had to defy the only God and go with some shi-" his gramps said reaching for his pump.

" calm down gramps." said older Daniel , he look at his younger bro. their door was closed and the people outside were working or sick leaving them good amount of privacy.

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 00:26:54

Maybe my previous post was awkwardly worded, but Danny's godfather is "older Daniel", ie. Danny was named after him. Sorry if this wasn't clear, "old Daniel" was a character in "The Man in the Fedora Hat" and I thought I might bring him back. In retrospect though, havng two characters with the same name could easily get confusing, so feel free to change/disregard my post or summarily kill off the old man if it suits you.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 00:53:05

At 3/5/10 12:26 AM, Reptyle wrote: so feel free to change/disregard my post or summarily kill off the old man if it suits you.

NO! don't do that! Old Daniel is awesome!

just call him Daniel and young Dan Danny or Dan.

also, Kidd, you got "godfather" and "grandfather" confused.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 08:34:30

their door was closed and the people outside were working or sick leaving them good amount of privacy.

Danny rubbed the back of his neck, it had been strained in the previous events.

"oh man, this has been one of the absolute worst days of my life." said Danny.

"it's gonna get a lot worse, judging by whatever Gustav injected into you." replied Daniel.

"so what are we gonna do?" asked Danny.

"what we need to do is get you out of here and get whatever's in you examined." said Daniel.

"but isn't that what the hospital is supposed to do?"

"the Hospital doesn't know what's in you no one does, there are no Documents about it anywhere, the only two people to ever know what this kind of is are Gustav and..."

"my father?"

"exactly, we gotta get you home."

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 14:11:30

Ok, Im new to posting, so if this is in the wrong place Im sorry.

"The Hospital doesn't know what's in you no one does, there are no Documents about it anywhere, the only two people to ever know what this kind of is are Gustav and..."

"My father?"

"Exactly, we gotta get you home."

Daniel and Danny left Danny's hospital room. the walked as casually as possible so as not to arouse suspicion. They walked out of the hospital and continued down the road. while walking, Daniel tried to explain some more of what was going on to Danny.

"You know what your father's work in the lab was right?"

"Well, not really. I was told he worked in the lab, but that was about it."

"Well then, this is going to be a shock. The lab is a mutigenics lab. It was founded roughly fifty years ago. It's first success was a mouse mixed with a canary. It was rather useless. But it was still a fusion. Since then, the lab has been fusing all manner of creatures with eachother. Shark-wolves, Tiger-bears, eagle-cats, the list is endless. The original use for the lab was to cure diseases in humans by fusing them with animals immune to that disease. But then the lab decided that it was a better idea to make weapon fusions. Thats where your father came in. He made the fir-"

"STOP!" Screamed Danny. He looked like he was about to be sick. "No more Daniel, no more."

Daniel looked at him with sympathy. Danny was just a teenager. He did'nt need these horrific descriptions. They walked the rest of the way in silence.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 14:20:20

Eventually they came to a steel door. "I thought you said we were going home." Said Danny. "We are, just this quick stop."

Danny looked at the door. It was more than twice his height and three times his width. It seemed to be inpenitrable. "How the hell are we going to get in? We dont have the key."

"Oh no! IF ONLY WE HAD A TEENAGER WHO WAS INJECTED WITH A SPECIAL SERUM GIVING HIM SUPER STRENGTH!!" Daniel smiled his cheeky smile.
Danny looked at the door again, closed his eyes, and punched it as hard as he could.

The door shattered into a million pieces. "A guy could get used to this!" laughed Danny. But then he looked at his arm. The scales had spread. "Shit. We better get going" said Danny.
"One minute." said Daniel. He walked in, looked around, grabbed a small black box, and then said to Danny "Lets go."

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 20:14:43

The door shattered into a million pieces. "A guy could get used to this!" laughed Danny. But then he looked at his arm. The scales had spread. "Shit. We better get going" said Danny.
"One minute." said Daniel. He walked in, looked around, grabbed a small black box, and then said to Danny "Lets go."

daniel walked in first, and danny was staring at the black box. "whats in the box?" danny asked.
"oh this here." daniel gave him the black box, as he started to slowly search for the swicth that find the elavator. danny open the box and read a message satan will appear when read!

"ah here it is!" daniel said flipping the swicth danny look at the box and nothing happen. the elvator made a bing noise and slowly started to open.

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 20:35:28

At 3/5/10 02:11 PM, Squishymcd wrote: Ok, Im new to posting, so if this is in the wrong place Im sorry.

If you've not already, take a look at The Man in the Fedora Hat, this thread is a sequel to some extent and makes a fair few references to that story. Reading it should make this thread a bit clearer.

danny open the box and read a message satan will appear when read!

Sorry, what?

"Ah, here it is!" Daniel said, flipping the switch. Danny looked at the box and nothing happened. The elvator made a bing noise and slowly started to open.

"Welcome to the Warehouse," Daniel said, gesturing expansively with his cane, "We had it sealed off a while back, but it was quite the hideaway in its time."

An astounding array of weapons lined one wall, bludgeoning, edged, and automatic. Opposite the weapons stood an aged but expansive bank of computers. A distant whirring sounded from beneath the floor, and the lights slowly flickered on. A thick layer of dust covered everything in the room.

"We've got a medical area through there," Daniel coughed, "Hopefully we'll be able to figure out just what Gustav did to you. Though that was always more your father's thing than mine. Damn, which button is it? Too bad James Donovan's dead, he knew this place like the back of his hand." The man sighed, leaning heavily on his cane.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 21:15:48

At 3/1/10 05:28 PM, HeroDan wrote: I am here today to start yet another NeverEnding Story, only this time it has a different name, since NeverEnding Story would be a bit of a misleading title.

It was misleading because you guys ended it. Honestly.

Carry on...

:U

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-05 23:37:44

Any particular reason you waited for several days and over 45 posts to point this out? I thought the irony was kind of self evident.

By the way, your other writing game looks interesting, but it requires somewhat longer posts and attention span than I can handle, especially from the iPod.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-06 00:11:17

"We've got a medical area through there," Daniel coughed, "Hopefully we'll be able to figure out just what Gustav did to you. Though that was always more your father's thing than mine. Damn, which button is it? Too bad James Donovan's dead, he knew this place like the back of his hand." The man sighed, leaning heavily on his cane.

Danny lied his hand on Daniel's shoulder, a look of sympathy on his face.

"i miss him too, Daniel." said Danny.

"yeah, but i miss him more than anyone!" said an unseen man out in the distance.

Danny and the older Daniel looked around the room, trying to find the source of the mysterious voice, they both saw a large, well built figure in the shadows.

they both feared it was Leo, but when the man stepped out from the shadows, their fears were simply dashed.

the man was built like Leo, but he wasn't wearing Mafia clothing, he was shirtless and looked like he just got done working out, the sides of his had had gray hair, but the rest of his hair was black.

"if only he were here right now!" said James, waving his hands around in a melodramatic way.

a full toothed smile grew on Daniel's face as he burst into laughter. he stumbled over to James and hugged him.

"you crazy bastard!" shouted Daniel, happy beyond words as he let go of James and stumbled back. "how in the hell are you even still alive? i thought you--"

"nope, i faked the Death certificate just to get away from Leo, I've been hanging out here ever since." James interrupted.

"look, Uncle James? it's wonderful to see you again, but I'M SLOWLY MUTATING AND A INNED HELP." Danny said, frustrated his infection was being put on the back of the bus.

Danny pulled up his sleeve and showed James his badly mutated arm.

"oh god, what happened here?" asked James.

Danny went on to explain everything that happened to him, AGAIN. James could just barely follow, so Daniel had to help.

afterwards, James grew a determined look on his face, after hearing all the trouble Danny went through.

"okay, when Leo comes after me me? it's no problem." said James as he planted his hand on Danny's shoulder. "but the second that fucker comes after my lil' buddy? there's gonna be hell to pay."

the three grabbed as many weapons and ammunition as they could carry as they could carry and loaded it all in the back of a Van James had the warehouse garage, they made their way off to Danny's house.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-06 01:57:44

Small thing here but still. Um, why is everyone describing Daniel like he is old as the dirt he walks on? When I made Daniel I intended him to be a bit younger than James and not as strongly built. Everyone in The Man In The Fedora Hat was floating around their 30's to early 40's as they were full grown adults with whole lives that they had leaded however all of them had only small traces of aging. And if Daniel is in high school ( and I'd say he's probably a sophomore or junior at best) meaning he is probably 15 or 16. So, take 15 plus 30's to 40's and at best Daniel is somewhere between late 40's to late 50's. I'd say definitely aging but not full on gray hair and walking on a crutch like he's in his 70's. If something happened that caused Daniel to hurt his back possibly by a fight with Leo than sure, that's a viable reason. But let it not be do to age. Because he is really not that old and most definitely not a Grandfather.
----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Anyways,

the three grabbed as many weapons and ammunition as they could carry as they could carry and loaded it all in the back of a Van James had the warehouse garage, they made their way off to Danny's house.

Danny sat quietly in the back of the Van that had been through more than he had in his life time. He contemplated all the things that affected him in the past couple days. It went by so fast; just days ago he was enjoying the company of both Cindy and Tina. But now Cindy was dead, Tina was the offspring of his family's greatest enemy and on top of that they were both mutants. Daniel saw his looks of concern and consoled him. "Don't worry Danny, once we get to your father it will all be alright." His words managed to soothe Danny as he sat and suddenly the thought of home was a comfort he had never appreciated more.

The Van came to a slow and creeping halt. James cut the engine and it died as fast as it began. Danny stumbled out and became extremely weak inside. He tumbled over as pain wrapped around his body and subdued him. James quickly jumped out and with Daniels help picked him up and carried him inside.

A middle aged man with Jet black hair with streaks of ever building gray and deep blue eyes approached the trio with great concern upon his face which was covered with a rather rugged beard.
" Dan! Thank God you're alright! Me and your mother were beside ourselves with-" He stopped himself as he stared at the arm Danny was holding in pain. "What is wrong with his arm?" Robert asked all three of them.
"Robert", Daniel said " You might want to look your self , it's something we thought you might know of."

Robert laid his son on their dinner table and raised his sleeve up. What he saw was a largely transformed arm. The scales had began to reach down to his elbow and all along his shoulder blade. It was of a dark green and began becoming moist. Robert looked in horrified shock at this.

"Well", broke in the ever so impatient James, " What's your call doctor?"

Robert replied to the air as he stared hard at this mutated thing in front of him, "This. I haven't seen this since the days I worked with-... since I worked with Gustav at the lab."

"What do ya mean Robert? You made the serum that's doing this?" asked Daniel

"Sadly, yes however it was just a temporary experiment that was too dangerous to finish. We dropped the idea to create a super being just days before the...the 'Jason' incident. It's getting worse and because we never finished it I have no idea how to reverse it. But there is something I don't understand. How could anyone finish this serum when the only people who knew of it's existence were me and Gustav?" replied Robert staring at the arm stumped.

"You see Robert", said James " That's the part we were getting at. Gustav is back and he teamed up with an old nemesis of me and Daniel. I think we should get tell Tonya this as well."

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-06 09:22:46

"You see Robert", said James " That's the part we were getting at. Gustav is back and he teamed up with an old nemesis of me and Daniel. I think we should get tell Tonya this as well."

"Hang on a minute James" said Robert. "I just want to test somthing." He looked Danny in the face and said, "Son, I want you to do somthing for me." He led Danny out of the room, into their garage and showed him a black box. "Open this for me please." Danny looked at the box and said "Why cant you open it?" Robert replied by saying, "Whats in this box is quite dangerous, so when I left the labs, I locked it with anything I could and destroyed the keys. It is too dangerous to just throw away, lest someone gets their hands on it. So I want you too open this box." "How am I supposed to open it?" asked Danny. Robert smiled. "I'll give you three guesses." Danny finaly realised what he needed to do. He grabbed the box, and ripped it open. A small remote fell out. "You got any jars you need opening while Im at it?" joked Danny. Robert held the remote towards Danny and flicked the switch. "Do you feel anything?" asked Robert. "No." replied Danny. Robert turned the remote off, spun a dial on it around. He then turned it back on. A sharp, searing pain swept through Danny. The pain was so intense, he could'nt think, move, or feel anything but the pain. "STOP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP!!!"Screamed Danny. Robert complied. When he could control himself, Danny got up and shouted at his father. "What the fuck was that?!?!" "Im sorry, Im so sorry, Im sorry." said Robert. "I didnt want to use it on you, I just needed to see if it worked. We can use this on anything that will attack us in the labs." Danny understood, but kept an eye on his dad. James and Daniel ran into the room. "We heard Danny screaming, what happend?" asked James. Robert held up the remote. "It works." He said happily. "It works?" both Daniel and James said together. Suddenly all three of the adults started talking excitedly about the device. After a while Danny interupted. "I hate to interupt this session of joy, but I think we have a problem.
Danny pulled up his sleeve, and showed his arm. It was completly covered in scales. The sickly green colour had gotten darker, his fingers had been replaced with claws, and it was no longer moist. Now it was dry and seemed to be incredibly strong. "Fuck." said James, "Now we really need to tell Tonya."

Sorry if this was too long. I just got into a thing.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-06 12:57:43

"Fuck." said James, "Now we really need to tell Tonya."

as the Gang prepared to tell Tanya about what was happening, a vicious meeting was taking place downtown.

it was 4 hours passed local Italian style Restaurant's closing time, but you couldn't tell it by the number of guests in the area, but they weren't your average guests.

indeed, all the guests currently at the Restaurant were all the leaders of every single Organized Crime gang in the Tri-state area.

Drug Cartels, Yakuzas, Mafia Families, any kind of Gang you could think of was there, all gathered to meet by the Most powerful Mafia Family this side of Italy.

they were all chatting away and feasting on the expensive and well prepared food, imagine the fanciest and best tasting food you've ever had, but imagine it one hundred times better.

Leonardo and an Older gentleman stood over it all from a balcony atop the room, the Old man wore a white suit and fedora hat, he was incredibly old and could barely hold on to his Cain.

the Older gentleman and clapped his hands together, alerting the entire room.

"you're probably all wondering why i gathered you all here." said the man. "my name is Ricardo Aquinas, standing behind me is my nephew, Leonardo. we've all brought you here together under the assumption that me and my gang were dissolving all of our operations and handing over all our territories to each of you."

the crowd bellow him cheered and clapped wildly, thinking that was what he was doing.

Ricardo interrupted the cheering crowd.

"there's been a change of plans." said Ricardo.

the crowd fell silent.

"instead, you will continue your operations and send 100% of all your profits from them to us, you may keep your territories but we are allowed to do anything we want in them, and you aren't allowed to interfere with anything we do there. you may still command your many men, but anytime we need any extra cannon fodder, we are all allowed to use them. accept these conditions or there will dire consequences."

the crowd was completely silent, their reactions couldn't be deciphered.

just than, the crowd bursted out laughing, all of them were simply ignorant to what was in store for them. some of the crowd members weren't laughing, but instead were either angry or embarrassed that the Don of a single Mafia family could even THINK it could control all of these gangs.

however, Ricardo was completely unfazed by all of this, and Leonardo looked rather happy.

"Leo, it's in your hands now." said Ricardo as he looked back at Leonardo.

Leonardo grinned as hard as he possible could as the shadows concealed his face. "you don't know how happy that even BEGINS to make me sir."

Leo pulled a remote control from inside of his pocket and pressed the big red button on it.

a faint buzzing was heard from inside the restaurant Kitchen, the people all around wondered what was going on in there, but within a couple seconds, they would have their answer.

suddenly, the wall separating the Kitchen from the dining room burst open, debris and splinters raining down on everyone in the room. but that was just the warm up act.

creatures of horrible appearance bursted forth from the destroyed and filthy Kitchen, stitched together Frankenstein-esque and Ghoul-like creatures ran towards the crowd, they all scrambled towards the door, however, the door was barricaded from the other side.

the monsters tore their way through the crowd, limbs and organs flew up in the air like popcorn bursting from an over-cooked bag, blood splattered and rained all over the room, covering the beasts in crimson red hate. the screams were so loud they could literally be heard from a mile away as people attempted to run, but they all failed.

Ricardo watched on to the event with a massive amount of glee. jumping up and down and clapping his hands like a giddy school-girl, it was a strange sight to see an old man do this.

"this is great!" said Ricardo. "those fucking idiots went and brought all their lieutenants and made men here! their gangs are gonna completely collapse! we did it Leo!"

as Ricardo was distracted by the sight of all his various enemies and competitors dying, Leo slowly began to sneak up on him.

"we this is all over i'm gonna see that you get a HUGE reward for this! how's a mansion sound? no no wait-- TWO mansions! a million mansions! an entire sea of--"

Ricardo's words were cut short when Leo wrapped his arm around Ricardo's neck, cutting off his ability to breath. Ricardo jerked around and smacked at Leo's hand, but to no avail.

"funny thing there, Uncle Richie." said Leo. "i ain't too big a fan of sharing."

Leo twisted his Uncle's head back, and there was a horrible snap, the force of which nearly ripped the lifeless head off his frail body.

Leo threw the limb body off of the Balcony, and the various beasts and monster ripped it giblets and feasted on it.

Leonardo looked down at the Carnage as a wicked smile grew on his face. he shuffled around in his pocket and pulled out a cell phone, he proceed to frantically dial the numbers until his call went through.

"hello? Beverly?" asked Leo. "i did it, the old bastard is gone."

meanwhile, back at Danny's house.

Tanya was peacefully sitting on a bed and reading a book. the lights were dim and the bed had soft silk sheets, she was wearing a see-through night gown and lingerie underneath.

the door to the bedroom gently slid open.

"mom?" Robert said in a faint, concerned voice.

Tanya folded up the book and put it on the Nightstand near the bed.

"is everything okay, sweetie?" asked Tanya.

Robert came in, Danny with him, the sleeve of Danny's shirt completely ripped off, revealing his horribly mutated arm.

"we need to talk." said Robert.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-06 13:29:24

"Is everything okay, sweetie?" asked Tanya.

Robert came in, Danny with him, the sleeve of Danny's shirt completely ripped off, revealing his horribly mutated arm.

"We need to talk." said Robert.

"Gustav is alive."

"Then he-"

"Did this to Danny. Injected him with...it seems like almost a separate organism slowly taking over his body. It's incredibly invasive, and it's protecting him with those scales and increased strength until it can multiply and spread to other people. When it does, Danny could be killed. We need to find Gustav as soon as possible and reverse the process.

There was something else too, mixed in. Looked almost metallic under the microscope," Robert paused, then turned to Danny and said, "Dan, get your godfather to run an analysis on those metallic, beads, I think they might be tracking us"

Beverley stood in the Warehouse, holding a leash attached to a slavering, barbed monstrosity.

"You got the samples?" She asked a man with a clipboard.

"Yeah, all the stuff they took from the original Vault before it blew. The boy are hauling it out now, along with some of the more useful weapons."

"Good, I'll leave you to that. And when you're done?"

"Yes?"

"Burn this place to the ground."

Flames began to lick the sky as Beverly drove off, the monster in the box of the truck muttering about pretty lights.

As an aside, my original intentions for Daniel were more "dapper gentleman" than "old man", but my descriptions were a little rough and, I suppose, confusing. I was, in fact thinking along the lines of injury when it came to his cane, so I guess HollowedPumpkinz called that.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-06 17:45:57

At 3/5/10 11:37 PM, Reptyle wrote: Any particular reason you waited for several days and over 45 posts to point this out? I thought the irony was kind of self evident.

I haven't been on much. But lets not stop the flow of the thread...

:U

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-07 13:19:04

whoa, not a lot of Updates recently.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-07 20:19:15

At 3/7/10 01:19 PM, homor wrote: whoa, not a lot of Updates recently.

Oh God, I -- I killed the story didn't I?

IT'S ALL MY FAULT!

I generally try to wait until at least two or three others have added to the story before I post again, but if this dry spell continues I may throw something else up and hope someone runs with it.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-07 21:05:50

Its gotten slightly confusing for me. can someone give me a summary since my last post?

then I might be able to help out

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-07 22:45:29

At 3/7/10 09:05 PM, TheSubject666 wrote: Its gotten slightly confusing for me. can someone give me a summary since my last post?

then I might be able to help out

SYNOPSIS

On his way to high school one sunny morning, Daniel, his girlfriend Cindy, and his rather unusual friend Tina were kidnapped by persons unknown. They awake in some kind of underground bunker, and a gigantic man by the name of Leonardo Aquinas appears. In short order, "Leo" reveals that Tina was in his employ, but shirked her duties, which may have included luring Danny to the collective grasp of Leo's organization. Also he crushes girlfriend Cindy's skull with his bare hands.

Then Gustav appears, and things start to get really obtuse unless you read or were involved in "The Man in the Fedora Hat". Gustav, the villain of TMitFH, is amazingly still alive in the form of snivelling ghoulish-type thing. He seeks revenge against Danny's father Robert for turning him into the wreck that he is now, and so chose to strike at Robert through Danny by injecting him with a mutagenic compound and tracking device. The tracking device will be used to find Robert and his associates to kill/do other bad things to the. Gustav presumably joined forces with Leo for the chance at vengeance, and is in turn providing Leo with his nutty gene-splicing knowledge.

After a series of trials and tribulations, Danny escapes the bunker. Tina, however, is nowhere to be found, and the mutagen has begun to take effect. The chemicals in his system knock Danny out, and he awakes in a hospital.

Danny's godfather Daniel (another TMitFH allum) picks him up at the hospital and makes a stop at erstwhile base of operations "the Warehouse", joining compatriot James Donovan (again, TMitFH) before heading to Robert and Daniel's family home.

Robert is a geneticist, so he spews some vaguely ominous, science-y sounding bullshit about Danny's ailments. Danny's mother Tanya is there, but she does really do anything but sit around in her nightie (evidently she is very comfortable with her middle-aged body).

Meanwhile the BAD GUYS (Leonardo et al) begin to establish their dangerousness by killing a bunch of unaffiliated mob bosses and using Danny's tracking device to find and destroy the Warehouse after hauling away a bunch of serums and chemicals from TMitFH. The Warehouse-burning was courtesy Leonardo's henchwoman/lover Beverley, who was introduced then forgotten during the bunker scenes.

hopefully this helps.