00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Interactive Story II

4,590 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-08 03:18:53

Flames began to lick the sky as Beverly drove off, the monster in the box of the truck muttering about pretty lights.

As the Crimson red hate filled the skies, Daniel was examining the source of the Strange beads in Robert's garage.

the beads sat atop a weird looking scanner-like device attached to a Computer, there was an entire hub set around the monitor with several towers and wires every where, it looked life a definite fire hazard.

Daniel was frantically typing code in and moving the mouse around, trying to find out what these bead thing actually were.

Danny was sitting on a chair a bit away from Daniel, sitting there, doing nothing. it was quite boring, as all he could do is either watch Daniel type away, or watch his arm get worse and worse, right now he was wishing he brought a book or something with him.

"got it!" said Daniel, excited.

"eh?" asked Danny.

Daniel walked up to Danny and showed him the beads he held in his hand.

"well, i analyzed the metallic beads, and I've concluded without a doubt that these things put into your arm are in fact tracking devices." Daniel said.

"oh, wonderful! now they can come to my house and chop my whole family like they did my girlfriend." Danny replied.

"not exactly." said Daniel. "if you'll give me a minute to work here, i can reverse the signal and track THEM down instead.

"so we can voluntary get ourselves chopped up?" said Danny.

Daniel let out a chuckle.

"where did you learn to be such a smart ass?" asked Daniel, clearly amused where as Danny was not. "no, we need to get there to find Gustav's notes on whatever is inside of you, than we can study it and reverse it."

"so what you're saying here is that i can stay home and turn into a monster and kill everyone i ever loved, or i can put myself and my family through an enormous on the slim chance that we not all die horrible deaths?" asked Danny, a noticeable hopelessness in his voice.

"pretty much." Daniel replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

Danny Smirked.

"let's do this shit."

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-09 17:00:00

>One Whole day passes.
>no update.

Bbs i am Disappoint.

i'd do an update myself, but i haven't been getting enough sleep lately and may be coming down with something, that's probably happening to a lot of people, hence the lack of updates.

Boop.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-09 17:35:17

"Lets do this shit."

Danny's father rushed him into a small room with a sterilized operation chair. "This is why grad school is good for something." He said as he injected a small dosage of morphine into Danny's arm. Daniel looked at him quizzically.

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-09 17:40:21

At 3/9/10 05:35 PM, TheSubject666 wrote: "Lets do this shit."

Danny's father rushed him into a small room with a sterilized operation chair. "This is why grad school is good for something." He said as he injected a small dosage of morphine into Danny's arm. Daniel looked at him quizzically.

(sorry, accidently posted.)

"You're giving him morphine?" Daniel asked.

"All I got." Danny's father said as he took out his scalpel and cut into Danny's arm. Danny screamed.

The pain exploded in his vision. Danny, hyped up on drugs and free thoughts began to wander around the world of wonder that had been presented to him. Everything seemed so happy, despite the mmoving in his arm. Was something wrong with it? He tried to lift it up and see but it was tied down to something. Danny laughed as the morphine began to mix with the mutagen, speeding up the process of mutation. The cancerous cells in his arms began to change faster, making him more and more like the b east he was trying to avoid coming.

Thats when the first deceased cell met his braincells. He scramed again, this time in ectasy. The feeling of poer, of contorl, of blood lust, everything shot through him at once, lighting him up like a flame. At the edge of this joy, something egged at his conscience. "You shouldn't let your self go. That's what it wants you to do."

Shut up conscience, your just jealous. Danny realized what he had just thought, and how incredibly stupid it had been. The serum must've gotten to his brain. He tried to speak and tell his father, but all that came out was a whimper.

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-09 22:46:33

Shut up conscience, you're just jealous. Danny realized what he had just thought, and how incredibly stupid it had been. The serum must've gotten to his brain. He tried to speak and tell his father, but all that came out was a whimper.

His eyes twitched faster than he could think, he began to drool a little as his head bobbed back and forth, Danny had heard about Seizures, but he had never seen one, much less experienced one, it was a living hell, he couldn't control his body or his mind.

"Danny?! Danny! Danny!" he heard over and over, he couldn't see who was saying it, his much less think about what voice it was, or what was even going on.

outside of Danny's trance, Robert was shaking him by the Shoulders, Danny's arm was strapped to the wall of the Basement.

"Danny! Danny can you hear me?! oh god!" shouted Robert, growing more and more distressed as his Son flailed around, his father having no way of stopping him.

"oh my god! what did you do to him?!"

Robert looked behind him, Tanya was standing behind him in the open doorway, a crack of light coming from the open door, a look of horror on Tanya's face.

"i- i gave him Morphine! i thought it would help!" said Robert, tears in his eyes. "he started freaking and i had to tie him up! i- i'm so sorry!"

Daniel and James watched the entire scene unfold in horror.

Danny spat up a strange white Liquid, his flailing and twitching had stopped, he was breathing as heavily as anyone ever possibly could, his sentience had returned, Danny vision was doubling and tripling as he tried to regain focus on the world around him.

for a brief second as his vision cleared he saw a man, a man clad in a long Black Trench Coat and a Fedora Hat. he blinked and the figure faded away.

Robert scooped up the strange white liquid with a single finger and examined it, it was the Morphine he injected into Danny.

"oh god, i was afraid of this." said Robert.

"what?! what did you do now?" asked Tanya.

"whatever Gustav put inside Danny is causing him to reject anything placed into him, violently. anything we try to use on him to slow the process down or numb him will only make things a hell of a lot worse."

Daniel walked up to Danny and wiped away the spittle from his mouth with a washrag.

"d-...Dad?" Danny said, barely in control of himself. "i- i feel like i need to pass out."

"Jesus, again?" asked James. "you know you're gonna get brain damage if you keep getting knocked out."

Robert untied Danny, Danny tried to walk forward, but he was too dizzy to even stand straight, he plopped down on the ground and sat, rubbing his head in pain and groaning.

"Danny's head will be fine in a minute, but if we don't stop this infection soon, we're all gonna regret the hell out of it." said Robert.

Tanya was on the verge of tears, James and Daniel were horrified and grief stricken beyond words, and Robert had tears rolling down his face and was sniffling like crazy as he unconvincingly tried to look like he was still calm.

finally, he gave that up.

"i'm...i'm so, so very sorry." said Robert, his composure completely gone as he could barely get a word out through his tears. "this is all my fault."

"t-...that's not true." said Danny. "you didn't do anything to deserve this Dad."

Robert knelled down and put his hand on Danny's shoulder.

"Son, you're wrong." said Robert. "i gotta tell you the truth about my Scientist days, i gotta--"

"i already know, Dad." said Danny. "Daniel told me everything, and i forgive you."

Robert looked at his Son, he been through hell and back, and Robert was the Indirect cause of it all, but Danny refused to blame his father even after all of the things that he learned.

Tanya knelled down and wrapped her arms around Robert, she placed her head his shoulders.

suddenly, James shot a bullet up into the air from his Revolver.

"okay, look. i know you've all been through a lot." said James. "but can we please save all the lovey-feely crap for AFTER we pound Gustav's balls into a fine powder and make him eat it?"

Tanya, Danny and Robert all stood up, Tanya took the Revolver from James' hand.

"you have a very limited imagination." said Tanya. "we're gonna put him through something MUCH worse for this crap."

"this is all very nice, but we should really be heading off by now." said Daniel. "we've been standing around talking for what seems like hours."

Boop.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-10 00:06:32

"This is all very nice, but we should really be heading off by now." said Daniel. "we've been standing around talking for what seems like hours."

There was a crashing sound at the door.

"We'll get it," James said, gesturing to Daniel.

Daniel rose from his seat and flipped his cane over, twisting the metal foot from the end. He slid the engraved footing into his pocket, retrieving a long, thin bullet as he did so.

"Be right there," he said, flipping back the grip of the cane and inserting the round. Holding the cane like a rifle, he walked away with a slight cringe in his step, snapping the grip back into place.

James surreptitiously eyed the porch through the front door's peephole, revolver in hand. Standing on the doorstep was a girl of perhaps sixteen.

Were he concious, Danny would have recognized the girl as Tina.

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-10 21:29:29

James surreptitiously eyed the porch through the front door's peephole, revolver in hand. Standing on the doorstep was a girl of perhaps sixteen.

Were he concious, Danny would have recognized the girl as Tina.

tina was talking to someone, something about saving something. "hey guys come over here i think i see a friend." he wisphered. everyone got around him, and then something got slammed against the wall.

"listen up you wrecthed creature i will kill you if you mess this up!" it sounded like danny father, but when he look through the peephole he say tina on the floor.

she got up and walked to the door. (sorry for not helping much lately school and whatnot)

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-11 11:41:51

she got up and walked to the door.

Tina knocked on the Door.

"h-hello? is Danny home?" asked Tina, an air of guilt in her voice.

"come on in, it's unlocked." shouted a voice from behind the door, it sounded like James.

Tina slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open, her hands were shaking with fear. she looked around the room, there was nothing, neither James nor Daniel could be seen.

Tina shut the door behind herself and slowly stepped forward, just than she felt something metalic and could press against the back of her head.

she slowly turned her back , and saw James holding a gun to her head.

"you--"

"shh!" she nervously interrupted James a passed him a note she took out of her pocket.

The note was crumbled and covered in various stains, it was written in a cheap blue ink that was smugged.

*Explosive Collar on neck
Man in car outside will detonate
can't tamper with collar or it will explode
play along*

James became wide-eyed as he read the note.

"hello James, i am here to visit Danny, have you seen him?" said Tina, her bad acting as obvious as vomit on a clean white floor.

"uh, yeah! i heard he was in the Backyard with his dad, talking about all the crazy stuff that happened to him recently." replied James, his poor acting skills just as apparent. "while we go into the Kitchen, Daniel, why don't you go to the Basement and check the laundry?"

however, as James said this he gestured his hand towards the back window, making it very obvious to Daniel as to what he should do.

Daniel climbed out the House's back Window as James and Tina went into the backyard.

outside, a man was sitting in an A-Class Mercedes Benz and talking into a set of headphones, a remote in his hands that was obviously the detonator. the man was in a Mafia uniform and had a goatee.

"okay, okay, you're doing good! now when you meet them just ask Danny to leave and--"

suddenly, a fist crash through the window and pulled the man out by the collar, the who pulled him out was Daniel.

the man and Daniel struggled until the man broke free and stepped back.

Daniel pulled out a gun and pointed it at the Man.

"don't shoot!" said the Man, waving around the remote. "put the gun down or I'll blow the girl and your fucking friend straight back to hell!"

Daniel had a tough decision to make.

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-12 12:40:06

well, we got another day without an update.

that's a bummer.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-16 03:43:59

Daniel had a tough decision to make.

Daniel's gun shook in his hand. There wasn't a good option here and no getting out of it. "If I shoot him he could press the button; then again if I don't he could take me out and still have the girl under his thumb to do his bidding." He thought to himself, indecisive about what action to choose. The man looked sweaty and restless, his thumb over the trigger was twitching nervously as if he was going to do it merely by accident. "I have to risk it, he's going to set the damn thing off regardless if I don't do something. But not with the gun, he could press it as a last minute reaction. I gotta handle this fuck my self." He thought and grimaced at the thought knowing the massive risk he was taking.

"Now, put down your gun and get on you knees you worthless bastard." The thug said thumb still restless over the trigger. Daniel laid down his gun slowly still staring at the thug as he did so. "Now turn around and get on your-" The thug stopped abruptly as Daniel sprinted at the thug much faster than someone would judge someone of his appearance to go. He pounced on him taking him of guard. He got the thug on the ground and quickly went for the remote when he did but the thug managed stretch out his arm so it was just barely out of Daniel's reach. They struggled and grappled at each other with great ferocity neither one willing to give way. Finally Daniel kicked it out of his hand and it skid just under the thug's vehicle. Daniel got up from the thug and gripped his fist into a tight ball and slammed it into the thug again and again. But during the his vicious flurry of punches the man managed kick up and away putting Daniel on his back. The thug got up and ran to his car, he picked up the remote just Daniel got to his feet and said with a bloody face and crooked nose "Say bye bye to your friends ass hole." and pressed down on the trigger triumphantly as he did so.

A shocking thunderous boom disrupted the quiet peace of the suburban neighborhood and Daniel's heart sank to the bottom of his chest and the worst of thoughts began flooding his head with torturous images. As they flooded his head rage took place of his fear in his heart. He looked to the thug who stood feeling triumphant in every manner now that his job had been done. "You...YOU! I'LL MASSACRE YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!" Daniel said as he sprinted full speed, bare knuckles clenched. He once again took the thug off guard in the middle of his victorious glory and slammed his fist so hard he could hear the crack of his jaw. He picked up the unconscious body and placed his hand in a snap-neck position and put full force into it and then some. He felt the body go completely limp and motionless and let the corpse fall to the ground. Daniel fell to his knees and began to weep with the body next to him. He cried and cried only stopping to gasp for air and think of how foolish his actions were.

He kept there sobbing but heard a distant noise, a heavy set of boots was thumping its way closer and closer. Daniel still stayed. The noise became louder and louder the thumps were so large he knew it could only be emitted from boots of some one the size of Leonardo. Even with this knowledge, he still stayed ready to die for his horrid mistake as he looked to the ground. Suddenly the thumping boots halted and a massive shadow encompassed Daniel's entirety that came from behind. Daniel just stared to the ground and said, "Well you no good son of a bitch, whatcha waitin' for? Finish me. It won't make a difference, Robert's going to stop you, you just wait. Now I got nothin' to say to you so you might as well take me now." Daniel listened for a response. A low growling voice spoke up in a mafia style accent " Get on you feet swine." said the what was almost definitely Leonardo. Daniel simply complied merely for the sake of getting it over with. "Now turn." Commanded the voice. He did so but still stared to the ground. "Good, now that I got exactly where I want you...I can do this!" The figure took his arms and wrapped them around Daniel forcefully. Daniel half expected him to snap his back in half with his massive strength. But the figure did not, he merely forced Daniel against his chest forcefully. Daniel began feeling confused, he almost thought this was some kind of hug. He looked up and was greeted with the face James who was still hugging him with Tina standing quietly, still very much intact, a few meters away.

Daniel became teary again,"You son of a bitch, does nothing kill you?" asked Daniel "Well, no one can say they haven't tried." replied James letting go of Daniel. "How the hell did you survive the blast?" asked Daniel quizzically now staring at Tina's neck which was free of the device. "Didn't have to. Don't you remember I defused bombs back in the Marines? Saved your ass more than once. Anyways I managed to defuse it and take it off Tina than refuse it so he thought it went off after I threw it in an old back lot, made a pretty impressive boom I'd say. Sure did wake the neighbors." answered James. "Well I'm just glad it worked out alright. So who is the girl and what do we do with her?" Asked Daniel.
----------------------------------------
-------
Few I'm tired, 'night.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-19 05:39:23

want to make update. came down with flu, don't know when i'll get better.

bumping thread, want to keep it in sight.

coughing bad, very tired, done posting now.

hurm.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-03-22 06:38:24

"Well I'm just glad it worked out alright. So who is the girl and what do we do with her?" Asked Daniel.

Daniel and James looked t Tina, she was rubbing her arm and looking down at the ground, trying not to make eye contact.

"Theres...something you need to know." said Tina, visibly ashamed. "is Danny home?"

Meanwhile, Leonardo stood in a Junkyard across town, the lukewarm post-Winter rain drizzling lightly upon the soil and garbage.

A Black Van slowly pulled in to the Dump, Beverly walked out of it, some kind of strange remote in her hand, clearly the one meant to control the Monster screaming and flailing around in the back of the Van.

"About damn time 'ya got here. the boss was bout ready to send a Group out for you." said Leo, the Rain splashing on his Blood-Encrusted suit.

"i had to make a quick stop, my baby was a little hungry and we found some Hitch-Hikers." replied Beverly.

"speaking of which, shouldn't you get that thing out of the Van now?"

Beverly walked over to the Van and slowly pried the doors open, the blood drenched Creature slowly stumbled out, bobbing around and mumbling something about another meal.

The Creature had a look of hate and hunger in his that instantly vanished when it took one look at Leo, it's eyes welled up with tears as Leonardo simply grinned at it. Beverly attached leash to it.

Leo bended down and brushed some dirt off the ground, revealing a large, steel trap door. he opened it and revealed a Stairwell.

"shouldn't keep Gustav waiting." Leo said.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Interactive Story II 2010-04-15 05:12:54

oh shiiiiit.

this shit never got an ending.

well, we can't fucking have that bullshit.

gonna work on this a little later.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature