00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oatmeal386 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Response to Moarph 2010-02-20 19:08:20

Well, the original audio was like half the size of the actual collab. I reckon that the large filesize is the reason that this isn't scoring somewhat higher - I think that a lot of people will switch off before it has loaded.

Response to Moarph 2010-02-20 19:46:32

At 2/20/10 07:08 PM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: Well, the original audio was like half the size of the actual collab. I reckon that the large filesize is the reason that this isn't scoring somewhat higher - I think that a lot of people will switch off before it has loaded.

I dont get why the buttons dont link out. this is what im using
on (release) {
getURL("http://www.___.com");
}

I put that code on the button it self. It works in flash and on the dumpinggrounds, but not when put onto NG. Also can you guys download the screensaver from the link in the description? it works for me, but people are saying it doesnt for them.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-20 20:09:32

@Lp
It was great to work with you, I would have liked to include you in the coauthors, but I had already promised some other people before you had gotten here. i am glad to have helped and that you enjoyed it. Keep practicing, the more you do things, the easier they become. Maybe next time you'll get co-authored.

@SC
I compressed the audio, but it was already cut up and was about 3500kb, now i got it to 2700kb. Not a big difference, but still a little bit. The only other way I can think to make it smaller is to load the audio externally, but i duno if we can do that on NG unless I load it to another site and code it to the swf. If you have another idea let me know asap, i am still trying to figure out why the button code isnt working when this thing goes live.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-20 20:11:58

Well, this is what Newgrounds put in their loader to get it to go to a webpage when clicked:

on (release) {
getURL("http://www.newgrounds.com", "_blank");
}

The _blank bit means a new window (which is presumably what we want). Also, I managed to download the screen save just fine.

Response to Moarph 2010-02-20 20:17:42

durr i feel like an idiot, I just realized i forgot the _blank then came to update you that i figured it out lol. Ight well ill get that up in a few mins when i get my sis off her comp

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-20 22:26:54

alright, it is fixed and should all be working properly now. I did not add the title to the loading screen, I couldn't get it to work properly cuz I made it using those filters you used and for some reason wouldn't show up in the loader. It also might help keep the loading to a minimum by not having a lot going on. Hopefully that is all the updates/fixes that need to be done. Please let me know if the screensavers for or not. They work for me

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 07:27:01

my youtube link still dosent work

i think i told u the wrong one

could you try
www.youtube.com/user/abbott959555
for me please
thanks

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 08:03:26

DAily 1st. Congrats :)

But I think their should have been more parts.

I loved all of M-Shack's but I think their should have been more from animator jones. Still, great job.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 08:06:42

great job everyone!
i wish i had joined this, since i had actually made a part, but a 2 second long one or so, and by the time i made it, there was a rule that every morph had to be 1 second long D:

i foresee a review crew pic/weekly :D

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 08:10:21

At 2/21/10 08:06 AM, JPB wrote: great job everyone!
i wish i had joined this, since i had actually made a part, but a 2 second long one or so, and by the time i made it, there was a rule that every morph had to be 1 second long D:

i foresee a review crew pic/weekly :D

With a score like 4.20? Ofcourse!

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 09:50:09

Was great, can't wait for the next one :D

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 10:32:11

At 2/21/10 07:27 AM, abbamysta wrote: my youtube link still dosent work

could you try
for me please
thanks

Sorry, I'll fix that today

And great job everyone, I was worried at first, but when i went to bed i saw it was at a clean 4.00 then woke up to like a 4.23. Im glad everyone one is enjoying it. That means next time we gotta Bring the Fiya!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-21 23:48:30

At 2/21/10 07:27 AM, abbamysta wrote: my youtube link still dosent work

could you try
for me please
thanks

I will have to so this another day. I went to update the swf and ng advised me not too so I don't jeapordize a chance at any awards. let's see if we get anything else first, then I'll update it.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-22 09:01:38

great work everyone. and shack Awesome work putting it all together.

congrats to us :]

Response to Moarph 2010-02-23 10:52:21

Congrats to us in deed. You guys should try to promote the video. Don't spam it around, but get some people to watch it and vote high for us. It looks like if we want to get onto the weeks best we will be needing a higher score, like a 4.40ish. Lets try to get that trophy!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-02-25 08:48:09

Sorry.

I did my shit a while back, tried to upload it to NG, had technical issues with that, then had totally unrelated personal issues at the same time that I won't go into.

Thanks for including my colour face.

The whole thing looks cool, though it's annoying that the song cuts out - it sounds like it could be made to loop as well. You know, you could use Audacity to cut out the fade-out, then set the bgm to be an event with 999999 repetitions (and use the stopAllSounds(); when folk click back to the menu if you want).

It is really cool, everything's well placed, the b&w version gives it an added level of cohesiveness and I'm just sorry I've been useless the past couple of weeks.

Response to Moarph 2010-02-25 08:52:39

P.S. Congrats on weekly 9th.

Maybe no trophy but it's still a worthy accomplishment.

Response to Moarph 2010-02-25 12:11:27

thanks. What do you mean the sound cuts out? It set it to play and the back button has stopAllSounds. Sorry to hear what happened, did you ever get to upload your stuff or it just didn't work?

BBS Signature