00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lazyliving456 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Viva la revolution!

29,559 Views | 417 Replies

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-28 12:58:53

At 1/27/10 07:34 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/27/10 07:19 PM, Bahamut wrote: I will squash you like BUG!
Bring it on!

I was told we would be fighting MEN!

At 1/27/10 07:41 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I'm quite sorry to inform you Gagsy but us users like Coop, me, Fro, reverend, Haggard, and many other Wi/Ht regulars have you quite outnumbered

The lack of mention of myself saddens me.

At 1/28/10 01:53 AM, DragonFyre9 wrote: My immaturity would get me banned for dumb shit. I CAN NOT ALLOW THIS! I'm gonna take down wi/ht.

You don't stand a chance. Give up while you can and join us!

At 1/28/10 05:33 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/27/10 05:49 PM, Ship wrote: Finally! A cleansing of this God-forsaken place.
That's the spirit. We're going to clean up this forum. You can start by sweeping the floor.

Scruffy?

At 1/28/10 07:14 AM, letiger wrote: What would happen if all the people from General decided to flood WI/HT? Hmm? Stay in your own section.

With Coop and NEVR around, there is nothing to worry about.

At 1/28/10 12:42 PM, Auz wrote: The other forums are weak, divided and without a leader. Let's attack now before they can form a united front again us!

Can we at least spare C&C?

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-28 14:07:18

At 1/28/10 07:14 AM, letiger wrote:
At 1/27/10 03:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yes, my learned friends. For too long have we sat on the sidelines and not been given our chance. Today, that chance becomes a reality.
Your chance was already there in the past. You have your wi/ht forum for these types of descisouns.

No, it's off topic in Where is / How to and is certainly not a Club or Crew. You obviously know little about Juntas.

Oh and discussions :P

Hell you even have Clubs&Crews for that. We agreed to stay in our part of the forums. Granted it is larger, you should keep to yourself. What would happen if all the people from General decided to flood WI/HT? Hmm? Stay in your own section.

A Junta is a loosely organised group of people with power that tries to take over a country by force. They don't always work, because of the behind-the-scenes action, where one bureaucrat is trying to remove a comrade by force.

I claim this forum, in the name of the Where is / How to regulars! We shall put an end to +1 posting and spammy topics, in favour of more learned discussion... and cake.
You're a mod. You already do that. Less in that section, but don't take over this. We will simply have to move to another part. YOUR part, to be specific. General is all about random topics and you cannot get rid of it withought getting rid of general. We are un-learned and unwashed while the cake is clearly a lie.

Granted I already have the power to remove +1 posts. I do however now have the help of my comrades in helping to encourage people not to +1 post. It's worked well in the Wi/Ht, so why not here? If you run to other forums to +1, then we will stamp it out there quicker, since we are less tolerant of +1ing there and why should we be more tolerant of +1ing in General?

I seek to level the playing field.

We bring experience to the table, while the most experienced of Newgrounders (the staff) are busy ironing out the difficulties with their new forums, we felt that it was time to stamp our authority all over the place.
You FELT it was time to stamp your authority.

I'm confused by the emphasis there...

Who's authority. The Where is/How to regular authoirty or the mod authority. The first one has no power over there. You will simply get overruned unless you turn your ass around and get back into your polishes pampering chambers. And the mod authority? We already have some here. No need for a complete re-haul.

They seem okay with this.

General is under new management!
It's not under new mamagement and it never was. If you decide to go through with this, we will have to move. And you won't like that.

Ah, a mass migration of spam. May I suggest 4chan? :P

I pissed Coop off didn't I?

Not at all.

At 1/28/10 07:31 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/28/10 05:33 AM, Coop83 wrote: I can resist. The real battle will begin in August at the meetup if you're going. You always knew I was a sucker for Cally ;)
You stay away from Cally you abuser!

She loves my gf, so I'm immune from abusing her :P

Not that it would stand up in court...

Look, join us and I'll give you a uniform.
I won't fall for your cheap tricks and fancy things. I have my pride and that's all I need!

Are you sure? You can design it yourself.

*holds small bag of white powder* Look what I've got here, Gagsy. £150 worth of Newgroundian pure stats. Have a try, it'll blow your mind.

We have a secure supply of stats and other untapped resources are currently being explored for future mining ventures.
*eyebrow twitch*

No.. I-I won't!

Come on. It's not that bad and we all know you like it. I haven;t even threatened to reduce your postcount yet ;)

General means more to me then stats ever will! I won't let your strugglehold over the stating community get to me. I'm better than this, WE'RE better than this!

You cannot take us. We will fight and we will win!

And you post a picture of Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs?! They are the laughing stock of the sporting world, having not won a championship for 102 years. Every year, they say they will win, but never do!

At 1/28/10 09:05 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Meh; General overhaul sounds good to me anyway. *Insert vapid revolutionism here.*

General Overhaul, what a great idea for a name. Sir, we needed you on board before the campaign kicked off. Go and help Andy write some slogans.

At 1/28/10 09:32 AM, BobbaQ wrote: I can explain this. Coop and NEVR must be off their tits as the brandy and scotch from the drinks cabinet in the English Gents club has gone missing. You two are such pissheads :P

Brandy?! Why would I spend my time with French spirits, when I can enjoy a fine ages scotch. I'm not drunk, this is something that requires a clear head. Onwards!

At 1/28/10 10:49 AM, Fro wrote:
At 1/28/10 05:33 AM, Coop83 wrote: "Our spam posts shall blot out the sun!

Then we shall fight in the shade."
I'm not going to lie. This made me giggle. I also just watched 300 the night that you made this thread so it's rather fresh in my memory.
At 1/28/10 11:11 AM, DevilDog016 wrote: Viva la Revolucion, indeed!

Careful, that picture is barely on topic!

At 1/28/10 11:39 AM, Grizzli wrote: yeah good luck with that.....

man the harpoons!

"The whale, he be white now!" *throws harpoon*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-28 14:07:30

At 1/28/10 11:51 AM, BetaOrionis wrote: I see another war is brewing. You Wi/Hters are under the impression that your way is better, and you want to save us by enslaving us.

Enslavement? Not an option, but a decent idea. Thanks for trying, better luck next time.

The tides of an unwinnable war are upon you. No matter how much spam you stamp out, it will keep springing up, unhindered and indefatigable. Eventually, your energy and your valor will be spent. You will be broken and apathetic, and you will quit this fruitless struggle, and flee this mad place in terror.

Ah, you feel that I cannot win. This is where I shall rise above the tides of spam and we shall forge a New Grounds. Much like the god-like eutopic visions of Tom, from when I met him one year ago, there is a chance for General to be great. Throw off the shackles of the oppressive spam and rise up, with enlightenment, you shall be welcomed with open arms.

Not as my slaves, or those indebted to me for this, but as equals. I see Newgrounds for how great it is. Now, I offer you the chance to do the same.

It's as it should be. You're too old for this war, Coop. You and the rest of Wi/Ht. Your energy, if spent here at all, should be spent helping those who freely request it, not forced upon the unrelenting throngs of cockroaches resisting your "cleansing". The concubine of the general forum has made it abundantly clear - they don't want it nor deserve it.

Everyone deserves a chance to change and this would certainly be a change for the better!

Yes, abandon this war now, and scurry back to your aristocratic, well lit Wi/Ht forum, where you will be untouched by General's debilitating influence.

*casts off monocle* Let us not regard this place as a slum, nor ghetto, let us rejoice for what it has given us. When I started here, I was a denizen of General and I have travelled Newgrounds. Now that I return, I believe that together, we can make this place the pride of the BBS.

tl;dr: GTFO for your own good! Live your own life!

I have lived and I encourage you all to do so. Look to your windows (In the walls, not in your PCs), there is sunlight and a whole world outside. Go out, see the sights, then come back and tell us about it!

At 1/28/10 12:42 PM, Auz wrote: Hahaha taking over the General was even easier than we thought!

We are not done here, yet. We have allies over those hills, Auz. Not just enemies. C&C and Writing already flag to our banners. My scouts report that the Moderators forums rally to our cause as well.

We shall wait a while and make sure that these citizens are well treated and afforded our protection, if only from themselves.

At 1/28/10 12:58 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/28/10 05:33 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/27/10 05:49 PM, Ship wrote: Finally! A cleansing of this God-forsaken place.
That's the spirit. We're going to clean up this forum. You can start by sweeping the floor.
Scruffy?

No, Goldie Wilson from Back to the Future.

At 1/28/10 01:18 PM, Homfrog wrote: Do not gaze in glad heart now upon the General Forum, a takeover is at hand. Wi/Ht users, I accept ye but not in good faith. For if such a fanciful revolution of hostilities must occur in these gentled walls then so be it; let one man alone to reside in his private General domicile. As for the old users of the General Forum, I ask that you not comply and not resist; if a contradiction like such is a vexation, then I have nothing to declare. Which wars has General Forum fought in? This one for sure if it follows.

This story shall the good man teach his son; And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remember'd; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And gentlemen in England now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Henry V, 4.3

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-28 14:28:57

It seems that the fruits of our invasion are ripening. We're taking ground at a fantastic rate and our conversion efforts appear to have been extremely successful - our support is growing. Soon, general will fall and our efforts will all pay off - soon we will have a clean and respectable General.

Viva la revolution

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 04:55:10

At 1/28/10 02:28 PM, mwmike wrote: It seems that the fruits of our invasion are ripening. We're taking ground at a fantastic rate and our conversion efforts appear to have been extremely successful - our support is growing. Soon, general will fall and our efforts will all pay off - soon we will have a clean and respectable General.

"So this is the map of the ground we've taken so far today, Darling. What's the scale?"
"Erm... 1 to 1 sir."
"Come again?"
"Actual size, sir."
"So how much ground have we taken, then?"
"*gets out tape measure, measures the ground* Erm, 16 square feet, sir."
"Jolly good!"

Viva la revolution!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 05:34:02

At 1/29/10 04:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: "Jolly good!"

"General Melchard, did you own a lovely little speckled pigeon, called Speckled Jim? Your only childhood friend that you raised from a chick."

*sob*

"Yes..."

"And did Captain Blackadder shoot him?"

*sob*

"Yes..."

"Can you see Captain Blackadder anywhere in this room sir?"

"YES THAT'S HIM! THAT'S THE MAN!"

"No more questions sir."

"Right splendid, very good."

This makes me want to watch Goes Forth again :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 05:47:27

At 1/28/10 02:07 PM, Coop83 wrote:
Are you sure? You can design it yourself.

I'd rather design a slave suit IN HELL THEN WORK FOR YOU GUYS.

Come on. It's not that bad and we all know you like it. I haven;t even threatened to reduce your postcount yet ;)

You can do your worst and I sincerly mean that.

And you post a picture of Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs?! They are the laughing stock of the sporting world, having not won a championship for 102 years. Every year, they say they will win, but never do!

YOU'RE BRITISH WHY DON'T YOU FOLLOW REAL SPORTS?

At 1/29/10 04:55 AM, Coop83 wrote:
"Jolly good!"

You know what happens when you go over the top right Coop?

You guys won't survive that. Give up and retreat. This battle is too big for you. You can either die with honour or live with shame. I think your boysa would prefer to live with the shame of going back with their tails between their legs >:(

Go back now. You can never win, even with your fancy new buttons Coop! You can never defeat us.

Viva la revolution!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 06:59:12

Blackadder <3
also yes Bahamut posting I guess they really did take over!

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 07:46:52

At 1/29/10 05:47 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/28/10 02:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: Are you sure? You can design it yourself.
I'd rather design a slave suit IN HELL THEN WORK FOR YOU GUYS.

I never said anything about working for us. I said work for the community, so that means with us. I am not trying to pull rank, as I don't want to say that being chosen as a Moderator makes me a better person. It doesn't. Frankly what makes me a better person than how I could have been is that I view that General can be saved.

I cannot do this on my own, so I need your help.

You can do your worst and I sincerely mean that.

I wouldn't dare - see the above comments.

YOU'RE BRITISH WHY DON'T YOU FOLLOW REAL SPORTS?

I do - I'm a long suffering Aston Villa fan. We had the chance to beat Arsenal on Wednesday night, but let them get away with a point >:(

Other sports I like include Cricket, Formula 1, Rugby Union, Snooker, Baseball, Ice Hockey and Basketball. Why is this such a problem?

At 1/29/10 04:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: "Jolly good!"
You know what happens when you go over the top right Coop?

You guys won't survive that. Give up and retreat. This battle is too big for you. You can either die with honour or live with shame. I think your boysa would prefer to live with the shame of going back with their tails between their legs >:(

As I recall, the amazingly poignant ending of Blackadder Goes Forth ended in everyone dying, as they went over the top, followed by cutting the scene to a field of poppies. Let us not allow our petty squabbles to descend into a war. We are intelligent enough to rise above this

At 1/29/10 06:59 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: also yes Bahamut posting I guess they really did take over!

Yes, we managed to get the dragon to fly over General once more :D

Also, 83rd reply :D Now if that doesn't bring gfoxcook in here, I don't know what will!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 08:44:54

At 1/27/10 03:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: stuff

You cannot hope to lead a revolution, when you play for a leadership team of fascist pig-dogs.

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 10:16:23

Just thought, since we're taking over General, what's my reward for helping out?

At 1/28/10 12:58 PM, Bahamut wrote: Scruffy?

Oh right. Do we still have Scruffy?

At 1/29/10 07:46 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/29/10 06:59 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: also yes Bahamut posting I guess they really did take over!
Yes, we managed to get the dragon to fly over General once more :D

Yes, I'm here to burn shit down and devour humans who oppose me.

Also, 83rd reply :D Now if that doesn't bring gfoxcook in here, I don't know what will!

Let him get the 136th reply? I think gfox will be MIA for a while, though as I made him listen to Brokencyde last night. Maybe no-one sent him an invite to the General invasion?

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 10:24:52

Besides, it would be good for this place to be cleaned up it needs it.

PSN: BLADEZGUY

Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0

Army Rangers

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 10:29:05

SO MUCH QUOTING.

The horror....

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 11:32:57

Technically speaking, every thread on the BBS is a +1 thread, only some threads are more worthy of reading than others.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 11:41:46

At 1/27/10 03:58 AM, NISMOelite wrote: the cake is a lie

Is this an example of what you dont want happening, coop?

Streaming, music making, etc.

I'm on Twitch, Bandcamp, Youtube, and Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 11:46:43

At 1/29/10 10:29 AM, Viridis wrote: SO MUCH QUOTING.
The horror....

The quoting is how they talk in Wi/Ht. it is completely unnecessary for general, but in there revolution, they find it necessary to do so. They do it by waiting till 15-20 people post, quote each one of them, and write a 60000000000000 word response, and make you search throw it to see if they talked to you. A lot harder to work in general, but seems to be doing them just fine.

also I quoted you so +1 quote :D:P

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 12:27:53

At 1/29/10 05:34 AM, BobbaQ wrote: This makes me want to watch Goes Forth again :P

I much prefer the Elizabethan period series, although Goes Forth was great too - the episode you quoted is, funnily enough, by far my favourite. The final episode was also amazing too.

At 1/29/10 06:59 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Blackadder <3
also yes Bahamut posting I guess they really did take over!

Much of the general forum is now under our control, but we are yet to advance upon the deep caverns that control the heart of General. Bahamut may be posting, but he hasn't been fully revealed in combat. You'd be surprised at how handy a dragon comes in once in a while.

At 1/29/10 10:24 AM, Bladezguy wrote: Besides, it would be good for this place to be cleaned up it needs it.

And it shall be cleaned up by the finest cleaners across the universe, seeing as all the Scruffy jokes have always been taken. Curse you and your reference-using prowess, wiser, more organized Wi/Ht'ers.

At 1/29/10 11:32 AM, BrockManson wrote: Technically speaking, every thread on the BBS is a +1 thread, only some threads are more worthy of reading than others.

By that are you talking about how each thread adds to your postcount? Generally, I wouldn't consider a long, well thought-out post as a +1 thread purely due to the fact that they obviously weren't created solely for adding to it. Please explain if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

At 1/29/10 11:46 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: They do it by waiting till 15-20 people post, quote each one of them, and write a 60000000000000 word response

Us less experienced Wi/Ht?'ers generally quote just 5-10 people each time, it's just that bit easier. The fact that people quote so much different things actually helps out if you want to start out conversations, since there's opinions given on almost everything being discussed at the time. The downside is that the lazy habits of the General forum no-one could be bothered to read and reply to anywhere near the entire posts. Perhaps they'll change their mind when it's in writing that we own their souls.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 15:22:24

At 1/27/10 03:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yes, my learned friends. For too long have we sat on the sidelines and not been given our chance. Today, that chance becomes a reality.

I claim this forum, in the name of the Where is / How to regulars! We shall put an end to +1 posting and spammy topics, in favour of more learned discussion... and cake.

We bring experience to the table, while the most experienced of Newgrounders (the staff) are busy ironing out the difficulties with their new forums, we felt that it was time to stamp our authority all over the place.

General is under new management!

You elitist bastards! HANDS OFF OF GENERAL!

Your attempts to impose some sort of artificial order to this beautiful, wonderful, chaotic forum... offend my very soul and distress the very core of my morality, good sir. HANDS OFF, I SAY!

Elitists... every one of you. And now elitist IMPERIALISTS! Why I never....

At 1/29/10 10:16 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/29/10 07:46 AM, Coop83 wrote: Also, 83rd reply :D Now if that doesn't bring gfoxcook in here, I don't know what will!
Let him get the 136th reply? I think gfox will be MIA for a while, though as I made him listen to Brokencyde last night. Maybe no-one sent him an invite to the General invasion?

Who's this gfoxcook fucker? :::shrugs:::

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 15:28:44

Eh. We had our chance back in 2003, long before you and Bahammy and Fro and most of the others had even signed up for an account...

You guys were just too late to take advantage of that chance.

And me? I was too lazy, I guess. ;_;

At 1/27/10 03:59 AM, FIGMENTUM wrote: there are no stats gained for saving shitty threads with good posting. unless you find reinforcements I fear the revolution is doomed to fail.

good luck though

Karma points AND cool points, man.

No stats... :::chuckles:::

At 1/27/10 04:10 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: you don't want to mess with general, we got gagsy,

LOL, gagsy... She's just a plant for our side, fool!

At 1/27/10 06:32 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/27/10 03:58 AM, NISMOelite wrote: the cake is a lie
That's what I thought as well. But Coop has never lied to us...

(cough)

At 1/27/10 08:32 AM, Gagsy wrote: We don't take kindly to your type around these parts.

Go on, get back to Wi/ht! Back where you came from Spaceman!

[translation]I've been waiting for this moment, Coop.

Go on, ravish me and my forum with your Wi/Ht?iness... DO IT, SPACEMAN!"[/translation]

At 1/27/10 01:23 PM, Fro wrote: I suggested this years ago and you all laughed at me. You all flamed me. You all gave reasons on why we should let general sit there and just take all of the glory even though it sucked. That being said you still get my support, but let it be recognized that the idea of a revolution was created by me many years ago.

If I was one of the people you're referring to (laughing, flaming, etc.)... then I surely mentioned at the time that General was ripe for saving in 2003, and by the time I left it in 2004, it was hopeless.

It still is. But a futile effort such as Coop's is still commendable. :::nods sagely:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 15:38:20

At 1/27/10 06:37 PM, Gagsy wrote: YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
At 1/27/10 06:56 PM, Gagsy wrote: I'll never join you!
At 1/27/10 07:11 PM, Gagsy wrote: See I knew it. You guys are fucking terrorists! Trying to claim this great land as your own, but we won't stand for it!

Come on General regulars!

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

Oh come now, Gagsy... You want to cast the General resistance in the mold of Gandalf and his do-goodin' elves and hobbits and such... and/or in the mold of Luke and his rag-tag band of force-snorting hippies... Fine.

But William Wallace? If the Wi/Ht?ers in yer General right now are akin to terrorists, then surely it is Wi/Ht? that = Scotland and General that = England, no?

YE'VE REVERSED YER METAPHOR IN MIDSTREAM.

That's a 50 dkp minus.

At 1/27/10 07:34 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/27/10 07:10 PM, Fro wrote: Don't forget your roots Gagsy. We all know the statwhore in you and when you frequently posted in the Wi/Ht forum. Especially in the top B/P list. It's in all of us so just except it and this will be much easier.
Pfft my roots have always been General. I just had a weak spot in the middle where I strayed away from here. Call it my rebel teens of NG >:( I'm cured now for the most part, though yes the stat whore in me will go to Wi/Ht every now and then for a fix.

My roots were in General, too. From January 2003 to March 2003. By the end of that March, I posted more in Wi/Ht? than I did in General. And so it has ever been, and so it shall ever be....

Even if Coop's dream is realised and this land shall fall beneath the feet of the multi-quoters and the statwhores I know and love so well...

'twould be but a colony of our great land. A pale shadow. A bare imitation.

General is only as worthwhile as the raw minerals we can strip from each hill and valley and stream. RAPE AND PILLAGE THE LAND, ME HEARTIES. WHAT HO!!!!

</inexplicable pirate-talk transition...>

Unless you want it to get rough. I know you like that.
Fuck yeah I do.

Unf, unf, unf...

At 1/28/10 07:31 AM, Gagsy wrote: *eyebrow twitch*

No.. I-I won't!

General means more to me then stats ever will! I won't let your strugglehold over the stating community get to me. I'm better than this, WE'RE better than this!

You cannot take us. We will fight and we will win!

CUBFANS?! ... CUBFANS?!?!?!

.... :::cuts this reply short before he chortles to death over yer random cubfans-in-Wrigley's-right-field screenie:::

At 1/29/10 03:22 PM, gfoxclock wrote: You elitist bastards! HANDS OFF OF GENERAL!

Your attempts to impose some sort of artificial order to this beautiful, wonderful, chaotic forum... offend my very soul and distress the very core of my morality, good sir. HANDS OFF, I SAY!

Elitists... every one of you. And now elitist IMPERIALISTS! Why I never....

GTFO, noob.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 15:40:45

At 1/29/10 03:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/29/10 03:22 PM, gfoxclock wrote: Elitists... every one of you. And now elitist IMPERIALISTS! Why I never....
GTFO, noob.

:::rolls eyes:::

AFTER YOU, you post-colonial slave-mastering egotist! TAKE YER MANIFEST DESTINY DREAMS OUTTA HERE, YA BASTICH!

gfoxCLOCK // wi/ht? BLOWS // 2x10k SUCKList (whatever, tl;dr) // Baha-MAN's List!

blahblah: 60000 b/p (#2), 36000 blams (#3), 24000 saves (#1) <---lolstatwhore!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 16:22:27

Finally! I'm able to take on this forum. Thank you, Coop!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 19:59:44

At 1/29/10 03:28 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
Eh. We had our chance back in 2003, long before you and Bahammy and Fro and most of the others had even signed up for an account...

I don't think I would consider one year "long before". Perhaps you would as it can be a long time on newgrounds, but I only signed up a year later then the time that you are talking about.

Sadly my first post was made in general as well, but I meant for it to be in the Wi/Ht as I was asking a few questions. The general population pointed me to the FAQ, which didn't help at all, but I know that their small little minds couldn't handle much more than that.

If I was one of the people you're referring to (laughing, flaming, etc.)... then I surely mentioned at the time that General was ripe for saving in 2003, and by the time I left it in 2004, it was hopeless.

It still is. But a futile effort such as Coop's is still commendable. :::nods sagely:::

If you are referring to this, "I used to bitch about General in a more serious way (now I just bitch about it for fun) because I remembered what General was like in 2003." Then yes you had mentioned something about it in the thread.

The more that I look back at the thread there was actually only one user that didn't agree with me and the rest took to what I was saying even to a certain extent even though several still didn't understand my point. Now that someone with a golden aura is doing it now it makes much more sense to them though. ;) Goes to show what people are really trying to do every now and then.

100 posts now. With every quote and every post our strength grows. I even watched a failed attempt at general bringing the fight to our forum today.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 20:17:27

At 1/29/10 08:06 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Oh that silly Gagsy, it seems she's retired from her fight and ran back to her home apparently, I think she went looking for more recruits.

Nah I've just discovered the best way to defeat you harpies.

By not getting drawn into the needless quoting game. The more ammo I give you guys the more you'll continue on keeping this 'battle' (the thread) going >:(

You guys will run out of steam in your own time. We don't need to defend General, I have realised this now. General defends itself. Return to your Level Up Lounge and your various other stating threads and leave us simple headed posters be! You cannot change this place and it is fruitless of you to attempt to.

Your flight of fancy is over.

Good day gentlemen. I'm leaving you to battle yourselves.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 20:22:25

At 1/29/10 08:17 PM, Gagsy wrote:
Good day gentlemen. I'm leaving you to battle yourselves.

But yet you are drawn back to us posting again and again. Your posts, the length, the quality, the discussion, you're slowly changing Gagsy. You might not see it, but you are.

Oh indeed I saw that fight today, too bad they didn't last long crawling into our territory, it seems they went MIA as soon as they got there.

Poor soul. Any updates on what happened to him?

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-29 20:32:41

At 1/29/10 08:29 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Well apparently a few hours later his mangled body was found by two where is/how to regulars, more updates to come as this breaking story comes to you live!!

What sickens me is that the users in general won't even come for his body. Do you want to know what the difference is between the general users and the Wi/Ht users? We bury our dead. Nobody will be coming to bury this user.

Viva la revolution!

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-01-31 23:52:04

At 1/29/10 07:59 PM, Fro wrote:
I don't think I would consider one year "long before". Perhaps you would as it can be a long time on newgrounds, but I only signed up a year later then the time that you are talking about.

I wasn't referring to long before you specifically, dude. See "most of the others." I was referring to all you guys that are still on Wi/Ht? with me. All the people from 2003 are even more inactive than I am now... which makes me a sad panda. ;_;

Ah well, at least I'm more active than THOSE ol' deadbeats!

If you are referring to this, "I used to bitch about General in a more serious way (now I just bitch about it for fun) because I remembered what General was like in 2003." Then yes you had mentioned something about it in the thread.

Something like that.

The more that I look back at the thread there was actually only one user that didn't agree with me and the rest took to what I was saying even to a certain extent even though several still didn't understand my point.

Good. Glad you're now remembering the truth of the matter (that you weren't encountering identical resistance from EVERYone on Wi/Ht? like you started off implying you had been #;-}>)...

100 posts now. With every quote and every post our strength grows. I even watched a failed attempt at general bringing the fight to our forum today.

Oh really? How'd that go for 'em?

Link, please? I'll be on Wi/Ht? soon enough, but... yeah, won't be going to every topic. So a link would be very helpful...

(hint hint, wink wink... being helpful on General, get it?)

At 1/29/10 08:17 PM, Gagsy wrote: By not getting drawn into the needless quoting game. The more ammo I give you guys the more you'll continue on keeping this 'battle' (the thread) going >:(

You guys will run out of steam in your own time. We don't need to defend General, I have realised this now. General defends itself. Return to your Level Up Lounge and your various other stating threads and leave us simple headed posters be! You cannot change this place and it is fruitless of you to attempt to.

DING DING DING. You've stumbled upon the truth.

Far easier than getting Cubfans to do your bidding... that's for sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-02-01 02:18:22

I'm sorry to inform you gentlemen and Gagsy

But once the Writing forum gains enough power both your establishments will be destroyed. You see, we may not have many users now but in time we will cast down whoever wins this war. We will just scrape along the bottom acting like a lesser forum and then, once we have enough regulars and enough users, we will rise up from no where and take the winning side down in a most glorious blaze of long short stories and correct grammar and the like.
You won't see it coming, know one but those who stay loyal to Writing will, but once it comes you feel every last bit of it's power! So I suggest that one of you makes allies with us immediately or face a horrific up rising.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-02-01 04:51:03

At 1/29/10 08:44 AM, REDSPADES wrote: You cannot hope to lead a revolution, when you play for a leadership team of fascist pig-dogs.

So by being found worthy of being a moderator, I am unworthy of leading a revolution and cleaning up General? I prove my worth, by not banning you here and now!

At 1/29/10 10:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: Just thought, since we're taking over General, what's my reward for helping out?

What do you want? I guess we can start negotiations there :P

At 1/28/10 12:58 PM, Bahamut wrote: Scruffy?
Oh right. Do we still have Scruffy?

Of course. Scruffy always wanted a tidy place.

He's had at least two now!

At 1/29/10 10:29 AM, Viridis wrote: SO MUCH QUOTING.
The horror....

Quoted for justice.

At 1/29/10 11:32 AM, BrockManson wrote: Technically speaking, every thread on the BBS is a +1 thread, only some threads are more worthy of reading than others.

What?! A philosopher in General?!

At 1/29/10 03:22 PM, gfoxclock wrote: You elitist bastards! HANDS OFF OF GENERAL!

Looks like a new challenger has entered.

And now I'm taking a chance!

At 1/27/10 08:32 AM, Gagsy wrote: We don't take kindly to your type around these parts.

Go on, get back to Wi/ht! Back where you came from Spaceman!
[translation]I've been waiting for this moment, Coop.

Go on, ravish me and my forum with your Wi/Ht?iness... DO IT, SPACEMAN!"[/translation]

Yes... that's exactly what she meant. If EchoRun reads this, there will be some serious questions that require answers before or during the London meetup...

At 1/29/10 03:55 PM, chubbthehippo wrote: Also, this.

I didn't get to see this thread. It sounds magnificent :P

At 1/29/10 04:22 PM, Hacsev wrote: Finally! I'm able to take on this forum. Thank you, Coop!
Yes, Coop is a rather splendid mastermind and leader at pulling these shenani... I mean events, events. Yea!

I'd go so far as to call them shenanigans. We are indeed doing this for shits and giggles, with a serious overtone.

At 1/29/10 08:17 PM, Gagsy wrote: Nah I've just discovered the best way to defeat you harpies.

By not responding to gfoxcook's accurate translation?

By not getting drawn into the needless quoting game. The more ammo I give you guys the more you'll continue on keeping this 'battle' (the thread) going >:(

Ah, but you've already been drawn into it. This thread is laced with stats. You cannot prevent yourself from appearing back here to get your fix. Even if you lurk, you're adding to the number of times this thread has been viewed!

You cannot win, Gags. If you read this, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

At 1/31/10 11:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Far easier than getting Cubfans to do your bidding... that's for sure.

Try contacting them over the loud speaker and saying this:

"Okay ladies and gents, you're all Chicago Blackhawks fans. They're an Ice Hockey team and they're actually going to win something!" Wait for the cries of bullshit to calm down and explain this more thoroughly and it should work...

At 2/1/10 02:18 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: But once the Writing forum gains enough power both your establishments will be destroyed.

I beg to differ. I have no bone to pick with yourself. Yes, you may have taken on a lot of refugees from General, due to this conflict, but i feel that we can peacefully exist alongside one another. Let us put aside petty differences, before words cause rash actions.

As an author, I am sure you can appreciate that.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-02-01 09:11:41

I vow to assasinate every mod (except rig) who enters these forums shouting of change. You want change, Change in our pockets.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature