00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

72,671 Views | 984 Replies

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:33:57

At 1/25/10 01:32 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/25/10 01:09 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 1/25/10 12:20 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Have I done something wrong?
You came on to newgrounds one day and clicked 'sign up'.
That's not an answer.

it is gothclawz so shut it

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:56:56

At 1/25/10 01:37 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: No, it's not. A reason would be why precisely no-one wants me there. Instead of the fact that I signed up because everyone here has singed up.

Okay aut-tard.

The reason nobody wants you there is because nobody on the bbs likes you. Because your posts are shit (second-worst poster 2009), your sense of humour is shit (biggest poster 2009), you are shit (second-biggest drama queen/attention whore 2009).

Mmm, don't those 'awards' show how many people dislike you.

Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:24:50

Simmer down, lads.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:27:12

At 1/25/10 02:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Simmer down, lads.

Whaaat? He asked me a question and I answered it.

Also if you go and I go can you bring my rockband 2

Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:27:47

At 1/25/10 07:41 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: 7/8/0 is plenty of warning I guess. I'll be there!

I feel sorry for everyone going now. Enjoy being scared to sleep at night people!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:41:24

At 1/25/10 01:37 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/25/10 01:33 PM, therealanimator wrote: it is gothclawz so shut it
No, it's not. A reason would be why precisely no-one wants me there. Instead of the fact that I signed up because everyone here has singed up.

well ur gonna get a nice surprise at the meet

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:59:43

You'll all be best friends by the end of this.

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:20:44

I want to go but I will probably just fap.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:26:50

At 1/24/10 05:46 PM, Toukeman wrote: If only I wasn't poor as fuck right now.

We need more East Coast meets.

a pittsburgh meet in PA would be nice...
if only that shitty town 60 miles south of me had anything "fun" to do X(

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:35:28

At 1/25/10 10:42 AM, BobbaQ wrote: August you say? I dunno, we'll see. It'd be nice to actually go for once...

DO IT FOGHAT

At 1/25/10 02:27 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 1/25/10 02:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Simmer down, lads.
Whaaat? He asked me a question and I answered it.

Also if you go and I go can you bring my rockband 2

WHEN YOU, WERE YOOOOOOOOOOUNG

At 1/25/10 03:20 PM, FluffyAxe wrote: I want to go but I will probably just fap.

Why miss out by doing what you could easily do at home when you could be doing it with us? ;)

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:44:37

I'll be there if some older DICKHEAD doesn't judge me and tell me to go home before 6pm. Also I dunno man the summers hot I'll be sweaty and shit no one likes sweaty bitches hmm.

Also I'll be less 16 by then. Hmmm, what to do. Also what if I die between now and then?

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:57:07

At 1/25/10 03:44 PM, krumpingkatie wrote: Also I dunno man the summers hot I'll be sweaty and shit no one likes sweaty bitches hmm.

the internet says different NSWF

Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 16:28:58

At 1/25/10 04:23 PM, Fyndir wrote:
I honestly don't believe that under 18's should be attending meets in the first place, so I have no sympathy for your 'plight'.

The majority of NG's userbase are 13-16 year olds.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:10:59

At 1/25/10 04:28 PM, Lagamuffin wrote:
At 1/25/10 04:23 PM, Fyndir wrote:
I honestly don't believe that under 18's should be attending meets in the first place, so I have no sympathy for your 'plight'.
The majority of NG's userbase are 13-16 year olds.

yep...unfortunately ah well we can round em up at the meet like cattle hehe

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:12:36

At 1/25/10 03:37 PM, sandordude wrote: I'm going to london in july, yay

awhh dude wait until august k?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:14:23

At 1/25/10 04:33 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 1/25/10 04:28 PM, Lagamuffin wrote: The majority of NG's userbase are 13-16 year olds.
Yet meets are at their best with adult only rules to allow for better conversation, drinking, gambling or whatever else, without having to babysit a bunch of whiny brats.

Well, the problem is that younger users bring its own set of legal concerns to the table, which does complicate shit. Like understandably so there are parents who are 'uneasy' about the concept of these things and so they want someone to be a responsible adult authority figure to more or less take care of their kid or assure their safety. Of course that is somewhat absurd because many times the meets themselves are a vacation for me or whomever else is going.

Its just a slippery slope because i personally wouldnt let my kid goto some big city like London/NY/whatever. So their concern is valid and their paranoia is valid. It's just hard for kids to realize that and so we have users that pop-up that arent old enough. In the end its fine, its at probably the most public place in london and theres nothing really secretive or deceitful going on. It does what it says on the tin. I dont even know why people enjoy them so much, we do the same shit every year lol. People just like the networking aspect and i think as you get older you get a greater appreciation of that activity. Anywho, the reason london is all ages is because we/i didnt make it 18+ to begin with and its too late to close the door now. So it is what it is and we have one afternoon thats all ages.

If you are a potential meetup host i'd recommend it be 18+, it just clears up alot of potential issues that seem to spring up.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:15:49

it seems the poor kiddies wont be able to go ah well..hehe

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:20:10

At 1/25/10 05:15 PM, therealanimator wrote: it seems the poor kiddies wont be able to go ah well..hehe

meh they go anyway and frankly, i cant stop anyone anyway. People should just know that you are choosing to go and nobody is responsible for you. These whole meetups started up because i happen to be in town and i mentioned in a post if anyone wanted to hang out, go here at this time/date and 12 people showed up. 6 meets later, london attracted 69 people at one point.

I guess my only piece of advice would be that you are going into an event where the majority of users will be over 18 and will want to DO 18+ things when the sun goes down (clubbing, pub crawl, gentlemens club, whatever). So you have to go into it knowing that you'll have to fuck off sooner than most people.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:26:23

At 1/25/10 05:20 PM, Lunaful wrote: Luis or any other veterans of the meet ups, can any of you recommend cheap hotel accommodation?

uhh not yet, i havent sorted my own stuff out. But i can keep you in the loop if you want when i am getting ready to do it so you can be in the same area as other people who are doing the multi-day thing.
Just send me a pm and remind me. I think this year i'll just get a few rooms at a hotel rather than get a flat. I'm not staying as long as I usually have in the past so it may be more economical that way. Maybe i will bulk buy it and then if people want to stay they can chip in or something. THAT will definately be 18+.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:30:04

At 1/25/10 05:25 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Whatever if there's kids or not at whatever meet I attend, I'll act like if there's none and go to bars. They can just wait outside for 5 hours. Their fault for coming.

thats you and thats probably why you dont run meets

Anyway the london eye part of the meet is all ages and its worked out fine in the past and wont be changing. We've never had any issues, hell we even had sirtom join us one year :)

Older users hang out plenty at night, on other days, etc.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:36:07

I'm new to this, would there be anything else I need to expect?
Like dresscode/momey amounts. . . etc?
If there is somewhere where I can find out, please point me in the right direction ^_^.

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:57:12

At 1/25/10 05:36 PM, ChampionAnwar wrote: I'm new to this, would there be anything else I need to expect?
Like dresscode/momey amounts. . . etc?
If there is somewhere where I can find out, please point me in the right direction ^_^.

lol dresscode, well heres some videos i found for u:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcG3jiX63 YQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8WLb7Dx 2s

uhh as for money, just know youre going to london where almost nothing is cheap.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 18:09:04

you renting out a flat again luis?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 18:17:34

At 1/25/10 06:09 PM, therealanimator wrote: you renting out a flat again luis?

probably not. it only makes sense to do a flat if im there for a week. Too soon to tell.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 18:54:15

If youre a facebook whore, there is an event page for it now as well

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 19:24:29

At 1/25/10 04:23 PM, Fyndir wrote: 300 miles is nothing to modern transport, honestly.

It still takes all day to get from here to London (or Glasgow), capabilities or not. And that's making no mention of the prices of some of these things. It usually comes down to a choice of spending several hours on a stuffy-as-fuck bus, or a few less hours on an overpriced train.
Hardly spoilt for choice here. BUT, that's not the main thing I find odd about these meets:

There is no need for there to be a seperate meet for every major city, because that just means they're happening on a near constant basis for no good reason.

It's not the fact that some places will never see an NG meet, it's the fact that the same cities keep having them. 3 possible destinations does not equal the whole of the UK, and while it may be convenient for a majority of people (though I haven't seen much actual evidence of this), it's not exactly creative. Which is really ironic considering that NG was originally made to display creative talent.

Glasgow - Birmingham - London.

Three big cities, spread out around the UK, have meets from time to time.

Look at Google's map of the UK. You can plainly see that Manchester and Leeds are both much more central than Birmingham. Point in question: why not move the Birmingham one for some of the meets?

If you honestly can't make it to any of those, then you're probably shit anyway, you know? ;D

Or, maybe I have stuff to do. Like... I dunno, work? :P
As much fun as the last meet I went to was, I didn't have anything to show for it besides an empty space in my bank account where £500 used to be (was there for all 5 days; hotel = 340; train = 110; food that wasn't paid for by Luis = 50). I honestly don't know if I can afford that kind of money again this year, regardless of if it's in Glasgow or London or wherever.

At 1/25/10 05:20 PM, Luis wrote: I guess my only piece of advice would be that you are going into an event where the majority of users will be over 18 and will want to DO 18+ things when the sun goes down (clubbing, pub crawl, gentlemens club, whatever). So you have to go into it knowing that you'll have to fuck off sooner than most people.

Hopefully this won't be necessary, but (because it was during last time I was at the London meet) IF I'm there (see above) and IF the need arises (which it really shouldn't, but anyway), I've got no problem with babysitting people who can't immediately go home when everyone disappears into clubs, or those who've forgotten their IDs or whatever. Well, for a while at least.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 19:52:39

At 1/25/10 07:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: It's not the fact that some places will never see an NG meet, it's the fact that the same cities keep having them. 3 possible destinations does not equal the whole of the UK, and while it may be convenient for a majority of people (though I haven't seen much actual evidence of this), it's not exactly creative. Which is really ironic considering that NG was originally made to display creative talent.

Three things:-

1. Luis is organising this one, so it's his call as to where it's at, particularly given that he's travelling thousands, not hundreds, of miles.

2. From what I've heard, organising this kind of thing CAN be very stressful, especially when you're (even if informally) charged with the welfare of others. London is familiar ground for Luis now, so I understand why he chooses it as a location each time.

3. There's nothing stopping you creating your own meet.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:09:18

I think the reason London keeps coming up is because its very accessible throughout europe and the states. Heathrow is like a massive airport junction and its train system is easy to understand and the landmarks are very easy for people to find and set as a marker. So as a result, the turnouts tend to be large because its so braindead easy, even if you've never been to London before.

Also, its not required to do a full 5-day thing, some people just show up for a day or two and enjoy it the same.

London is an expensive city to play in and you considering your budget even at this early stage only makes you that much more prepared than those who dont. You dont want to be the guy who cant afford to get back home. It happens

On the positive note, most of the activities that we plan are actually relatively inexpensive.
Namco, you can have fun just mingling and not play any games, the dodgems are 2 quid. Theres a mcdonalds upstairs. Hyde park football match is free, last ear even the crisps and drinks were free. The seating costs a quid if you dont want to sit on the grass.
The kareoke is free to enter and participate in. It adds up when you buy booze and other stuff like that. But i see those as personal expenses in which you are in control of. So yea its all a matter of how you look at it in terms of cost.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:14:04

Fuck London, needs more Wales

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:14:16

At 1/25/10 07:52 PM, liljim wrote: 1. Luis is organising this one, so it's his call as to where it's at, particularly given that he's travelling thousands, not hundreds, of miles.

Oh don't get me wrong: once the thread's made, that's pretty much that. I'm not suggesting this one be changed in any way (that would just be stupid). It was just that we had a pretty good conversation as to where other meets could be in the last London meet thread, and I personally would like to see something at least come out of it.

2. From what I've heard, organising this kind of thing CAN be very stressful, especially when you're (even if informally) charged with the welfare of others. London is familiar ground for Luis now, so I understand why he chooses it as a location each time.

Yeah, I can see why he does it. For its size, London's actually pretty safe for under 18's and so on, so it's not like it's a bad choice as far as organising a meet is concerned. Again, I'm not asking anyone to change any part of ths meet (read: futile as well as really confusing).

3. There's nothing stopping you creating your own meet.

Seriously considering doing this. The main problem I have with all of the above cities is that it's gonna cost me a lot to go to any of them. Having one closer to home (which is actually Teesside for me; I just like Newcastle) would make it much easier for those of us unfortunate enough to be several hours away from any of the established ones.

I've no idea how many people would have the exact same problem I have with going that far away from home in order to get here, though. Chances are any first attempt at a north-east meet would draw a very small (if not entirely nonexistant) crowd.

But meh. That's how they all start, isn't it? You never know, I might just end up creating something good up here.

Just not this year though. 2 UK meets seems enough to me, opposite ends of the country or not.