00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

64,185 Views | 1,045 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 12:53:05


At 1/25/10 08:59 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 1/24/10 07:39 PM, Fyndir wrote: Honestly, did you even try looking? =P
He has a point, though. There's almost 300 miles between Birmingham and Glasgow, and several perfectly reasonable places to organise a meet in-between.

No he doesn't. Two of Fundir's links were to Brummie meets.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:05:45


I MIGHT go.... but im kinda unkown on here :(


METALLICA BITCH

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:09:21


At 1/25/10 12:20 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/25/10 12:19 PM, Nivis wrote: that no one wants you there...
Have I done something wrong?

You came on to newgrounds one day and clicked 'sign up'.

I might turn up.


Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:10:51


At 1/25/10 01:09 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 1/25/10 12:20 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/25/10 12:19 PM, Nivis wrote: that no one wants you there...
Have I done something wrong?
You came on to newgrounds one day and clicked 'sign up'.

Oh you took the words right out of my mouth...

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:11:47


At 1/24/10 07:39 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 1/24/10 06:47 PM, Obvious-M wrote: Why are there never any northern meets, Manchester is way more cooler than shitty old London. :(
I just don't know, it's almost like a FUCKING CONSPIRACY OR SOMETHING.

Take special note of THIS ONE, because you can actually fucking come to that, because it's not been and gone.

Honestly, did you even try looking? =P

I'm talking Manchester meets, plus I couldn't go to the glasgow ones if I wanted to, looks like you guys go through quite a bit of booze, and I'm not 18 'til next year. :(


Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:33:57


At 1/25/10 01:32 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/25/10 01:09 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 1/25/10 12:20 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Have I done something wrong?
You came on to newgrounds one day and clicked 'sign up'.
That's not an answer.

it is gothclawz so shut it


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 13:56:56


At 1/25/10 01:37 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: No, it's not. A reason would be why precisely no-one wants me there. Instead of the fact that I signed up because everyone here has singed up.

Okay aut-tard.

The reason nobody wants you there is because nobody on the bbs likes you. Because your posts are shit (second-worst poster 2009), your sense of humour is shit (biggest poster 2009), you are shit (second-biggest drama queen/attention whore 2009).

Mmm, don't those 'awards' show how many people dislike you.


Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:24:50


Simmer down, lads.


BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:27:12


At 1/25/10 02:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Simmer down, lads.

Whaaat? He asked me a question and I answered it.

Also if you go and I go can you bring my rockband 2


Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:27:47


At 1/25/10 07:41 AM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: 7/8/0 is plenty of warning I guess. I'll be there!

I feel sorry for everyone going now. Enjoy being scared to sleep at night people!


portal / review moderator

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:41:24


At 1/25/10 01:37 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote:
At 1/25/10 01:33 PM, therealanimator wrote: it is gothclawz so shut it
No, it's not. A reason would be why precisely no-one wants me there. Instead of the fact that I signed up because everyone here has singed up.

well ur gonna get a nice surprise at the meet


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:58:57


Most probably a yes from me


%u221A '09

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 14:59:43


You'll all be best friends by the end of this.


Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:20:44


I want to go but I will probably just fap.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:26:50


At 1/24/10 05:46 PM, Toukeman wrote: If only I wasn't poor as fuck right now.

We need more East Coast meets.

a pittsburgh meet in PA would be nice...
if only that shitty town 60 miles south of me had anything "fun" to do X(


Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:35:28


At 1/25/10 10:42 AM, BobbaQ wrote: August you say? I dunno, we'll see. It'd be nice to actually go for once...

DO IT FOGHAT

At 1/25/10 02:27 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 1/25/10 02:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Simmer down, lads.
Whaaat? He asked me a question and I answered it.

Also if you go and I go can you bring my rockband 2

WHEN YOU, WERE YOOOOOOOOOOUNG

At 1/25/10 03:20 PM, FluffyAxe wrote: I want to go but I will probably just fap.

Why miss out by doing what you could easily do at home when you could be doing it with us? ;)


///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:44:37


I'll be there if some older DICKHEAD doesn't judge me and tell me to go home before 6pm. Also I dunno man the summers hot I'll be sweaty and shit no one likes sweaty bitches hmm.

Also I'll be less 16 by then. Hmmm, what to do. Also what if I die between now and then?

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 15:57:07


At 1/25/10 03:44 PM, krumpingkatie wrote: Also I dunno man the summers hot I'll be sweaty and shit no one likes sweaty bitches hmm.

the internet says different NSWF


Stop looking

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 16:28:58


At 1/25/10 04:23 PM, Fyndir wrote:
I honestly don't believe that under 18's should be attending meets in the first place, so I have no sympathy for your 'plight'.

The majority of NG's userbase are 13-16 year olds.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:10:59


At 1/25/10 04:28 PM, Lagamuffin wrote:
At 1/25/10 04:23 PM, Fyndir wrote:
I honestly don't believe that under 18's should be attending meets in the first place, so I have no sympathy for your 'plight'.
The majority of NG's userbase are 13-16 year olds.

yep...unfortunately ah well we can round em up at the meet like cattle hehe


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:12:36


At 1/25/10 03:37 PM, sandordude wrote: I'm going to london in july, yay

awhh dude wait until august k?


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:14:23


At 1/25/10 04:33 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 1/25/10 04:28 PM, Lagamuffin wrote: The majority of NG's userbase are 13-16 year olds.
Yet meets are at their best with adult only rules to allow for better conversation, drinking, gambling or whatever else, without having to babysit a bunch of whiny brats.

Well, the problem is that younger users bring its own set of legal concerns to the table, which does complicate shit. Like understandably so there are parents who are 'uneasy' about the concept of these things and so they want someone to be a responsible adult authority figure to more or less take care of their kid or assure their safety. Of course that is somewhat absurd because many times the meets themselves are a vacation for me or whomever else is going.

Its just a slippery slope because i personally wouldnt let my kid goto some big city like London/NY/whatever. So their concern is valid and their paranoia is valid. It's just hard for kids to realize that and so we have users that pop-up that arent old enough. In the end its fine, its at probably the most public place in london and theres nothing really secretive or deceitful going on. It does what it says on the tin. I dont even know why people enjoy them so much, we do the same shit every year lol. People just like the networking aspect and i think as you get older you get a greater appreciation of that activity. Anywho, the reason london is all ages is because we/i didnt make it 18+ to begin with and its too late to close the door now. So it is what it is and we have one afternoon thats all ages.

If you are a potential meetup host i'd recommend it be 18+, it just clears up alot of potential issues that seem to spring up.


None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:15:49


it seems the poor kiddies wont be able to go ah well..hehe


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:20:10


At 1/25/10 05:15 PM, therealanimator wrote: it seems the poor kiddies wont be able to go ah well..hehe

meh they go anyway and frankly, i cant stop anyone anyway. People should just know that you are choosing to go and nobody is responsible for you. These whole meetups started up because i happen to be in town and i mentioned in a post if anyone wanted to hang out, go here at this time/date and 12 people showed up. 6 meets later, london attracted 69 people at one point.

I guess my only piece of advice would be that you are going into an event where the majority of users will be over 18 and will want to DO 18+ things when the sun goes down (clubbing, pub crawl, gentlemens club, whatever). So you have to go into it knowing that you'll have to fuck off sooner than most people.


None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:20:19


Luis or any other veterans of the meet ups, can any of you recommend cheap hotel accommodation?


Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:26:23


At 1/25/10 05:20 PM, Lunaful wrote: Luis or any other veterans of the meet ups, can any of you recommend cheap hotel accommodation?

uhh not yet, i havent sorted my own stuff out. But i can keep you in the loop if you want when i am getting ready to do it so you can be in the same area as other people who are doing the multi-day thing.
Just send me a pm and remind me. I think this year i'll just get a few rooms at a hotel rather than get a flat. I'm not staying as long as I usually have in the past so it may be more economical that way. Maybe i will bulk buy it and then if people want to stay they can chip in or something. THAT will definately be 18+.


None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:30:04


At 1/25/10 05:25 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Whatever if there's kids or not at whatever meet I attend, I'll act like if there's none and go to bars. They can just wait outside for 5 hours. Their fault for coming.

thats you and thats probably why you dont run meets

Anyway the london eye part of the meet is all ages and its worked out fine in the past and wont be changing. We've never had any issues, hell we even had sirtom join us one year :)

Older users hang out plenty at night, on other days, etc.


None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:32:10


At 1/25/10 05:26 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/25/10 05:20 PM, Lunaful wrote: Luis or any other veterans of the meet ups, can any of you recommend cheap hotel accommodation?
uhh not yet, i havent sorted my own stuff out. But i can keep you in the loop if you want when i am getting ready to do it so you can be in the same area as other people who are doing the multi-day thing.

Awesome, I kinda scattered as well. College repeats are in August so i'm waiting too see if i have to repeat exams. So yep I'm well up for this if I can go :).

Will you be post if you do get few rooms?


Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:36:07


I'm new to this, would there be anything else I need to expect?
Like dresscode/momey amounts. . . etc?
If there is somewhere where I can find out, please point me in the right direction ^_^.


Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 17:57:12


At 1/25/10 05:36 PM, ChampionAnwar wrote: I'm new to this, would there be anything else I need to expect?
Like dresscode/momey amounts. . . etc?
If there is somewhere where I can find out, please point me in the right direction ^_^.

lol dresscode, well heres some videos i found for u:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcG3jiX63 YQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8WLb7Dx 2s

uhh as for money, just know youre going to london where almost nothing is cheap.


None