00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

64,190 Views | 1,045 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 18:09:04

you renting out a flat again luis?

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 18:17:34

At 1/25/10 06:09 PM, therealanimator wrote: you renting out a flat again luis?

probably not. it only makes sense to do a flat if im there for a week. Too soon to tell.

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 18:54:15

If youre a facebook whore, there is an event page for it now as well

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 19:24:29

At 1/25/10 04:23 PM, Fyndir wrote: 300 miles is nothing to modern transport, honestly.

It still takes all day to get from here to London (or Glasgow), capabilities or not. And that's making no mention of the prices of some of these things. It usually comes down to a choice of spending several hours on a stuffy-as-fuck bus, or a few less hours on an overpriced train.
Hardly spoilt for choice here. BUT, that's not the main thing I find odd about these meets:

There is no need for there to be a seperate meet for every major city, because that just means they're happening on a near constant basis for no good reason.

It's not the fact that some places will never see an NG meet, it's the fact that the same cities keep having them. 3 possible destinations does not equal the whole of the UK, and while it may be convenient for a majority of people (though I haven't seen much actual evidence of this), it's not exactly creative. Which is really ironic considering that NG was originally made to display creative talent.

Glasgow - Birmingham - London.

Three big cities, spread out around the UK, have meets from time to time.

Look at Google's map of the UK. You can plainly see that Manchester and Leeds are both much more central than Birmingham. Point in question: why not move the Birmingham one for some of the meets?

If you honestly can't make it to any of those, then you're probably shit anyway, you know? ;D

Or, maybe I have stuff to do. Like... I dunno, work? :P
As much fun as the last meet I went to was, I didn't have anything to show for it besides an empty space in my bank account where £500 used to be (was there for all 5 days; hotel = 340; train = 110; food that wasn't paid for by Luis = 50). I honestly don't know if I can afford that kind of money again this year, regardless of if it's in Glasgow or London or wherever.

At 1/25/10 05:20 PM, Luis wrote: I guess my only piece of advice would be that you are going into an event where the majority of users will be over 18 and will want to DO 18+ things when the sun goes down (clubbing, pub crawl, gentlemens club, whatever). So you have to go into it knowing that you'll have to fuck off sooner than most people.

Hopefully this won't be necessary, but (because it was during last time I was at the London meet) IF I'm there (see above) and IF the need arises (which it really shouldn't, but anyway), I've got no problem with babysitting people who can't immediately go home when everyone disappears into clubs, or those who've forgotten their IDs or whatever. Well, for a while at least.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 19:52:39

At 1/25/10 07:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: It's not the fact that some places will never see an NG meet, it's the fact that the same cities keep having them. 3 possible destinations does not equal the whole of the UK, and while it may be convenient for a majority of people (though I haven't seen much actual evidence of this), it's not exactly creative. Which is really ironic considering that NG was originally made to display creative talent.

Three things:-

1. Luis is organising this one, so it's his call as to where it's at, particularly given that he's travelling thousands, not hundreds, of miles.

2. From what I've heard, organising this kind of thing CAN be very stressful, especially when you're (even if informally) charged with the welfare of others. London is familiar ground for Luis now, so I understand why he chooses it as a location each time.

3. There's nothing stopping you creating your own meet.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:09:18

I think the reason London keeps coming up is because its very accessible throughout europe and the states. Heathrow is like a massive airport junction and its train system is easy to understand and the landmarks are very easy for people to find and set as a marker. So as a result, the turnouts tend to be large because its so braindead easy, even if you've never been to London before.

Also, its not required to do a full 5-day thing, some people just show up for a day or two and enjoy it the same.

London is an expensive city to play in and you considering your budget even at this early stage only makes you that much more prepared than those who dont. You dont want to be the guy who cant afford to get back home. It happens

On the positive note, most of the activities that we plan are actually relatively inexpensive.
Namco, you can have fun just mingling and not play any games, the dodgems are 2 quid. Theres a mcdonalds upstairs. Hyde park football match is free, last ear even the crisps and drinks were free. The seating costs a quid if you dont want to sit on the grass.
The kareoke is free to enter and participate in. It adds up when you buy booze and other stuff like that. But i see those as personal expenses in which you are in control of. So yea its all a matter of how you look at it in terms of cost.

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:14:04

Fuck London, needs more Wales

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:14:16

At 1/25/10 07:52 PM, liljim wrote: 1. Luis is organising this one, so it's his call as to where it's at, particularly given that he's travelling thousands, not hundreds, of miles.

Oh don't get me wrong: once the thread's made, that's pretty much that. I'm not suggesting this one be changed in any way (that would just be stupid). It was just that we had a pretty good conversation as to where other meets could be in the last London meet thread, and I personally would like to see something at least come out of it.

2. From what I've heard, organising this kind of thing CAN be very stressful, especially when you're (even if informally) charged with the welfare of others. London is familiar ground for Luis now, so I understand why he chooses it as a location each time.

Yeah, I can see why he does it. For its size, London's actually pretty safe for under 18's and so on, so it's not like it's a bad choice as far as organising a meet is concerned. Again, I'm not asking anyone to change any part of ths meet (read: futile as well as really confusing).

3. There's nothing stopping you creating your own meet.

Seriously considering doing this. The main problem I have with all of the above cities is that it's gonna cost me a lot to go to any of them. Having one closer to home (which is actually Teesside for me; I just like Newcastle) would make it much easier for those of us unfortunate enough to be several hours away from any of the established ones.

I've no idea how many people would have the exact same problem I have with going that far away from home in order to get here, though. Chances are any first attempt at a north-east meet would draw a very small (if not entirely nonexistant) crowd.

But meh. That's how they all start, isn't it? You never know, I might just end up creating something good up here.

Just not this year though. 2 UK meets seems enough to me, opposite ends of the country or not.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:18:22

PS: If people are looking for a real bed for cheap............ well, <£20 a night at a hostel if you don't mind being in a dorm with some other randomers.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:25:04

At 1/25/10 08:14 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Having one closer to home (which is actually Teesside for me; I just like Newcastle)

Consider the glasgow meet that fyndir's organising in july then.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:36:19

I will most likely be attending this.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:45:06

I wish i could go but im only 14 and my parents would never let me go... WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-25 20:52:07

At 1/25/10 08:36 PM, MoriChax wrote: I will most likely be attending this.

Shit's soooooo cash.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 02:15:21

At 1/25/10 08:14 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Having one closer to home (which is actually Teesside for me; I just like Newcastle) would make it much easier for those of us unfortunate enough to be several hours away from any of the established ones.

I never understood why it matters where the venue is in the United Kingdom. If you're 18+ money isn't really going to be a big problem in getting around the UK, plus where Luis goes it's actually a decent time, the UK is really a shit heap wherever you go, London is actually one of the better sides of it because there's more things to do.

I don't support Northern or Midland meets, because quite frankly.. there's fuck all to do.

portal / review moderator

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 02:21:38

At 1/25/10 08:45 PM, iwantbrainz wrote: I wish i could go but im only 14 and my parents would never let me go... WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Pretty much the same reason for me, although i don't want to meet the people that don't like me, they'd probably throw me into the river.

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 02:26:00

omg I'll buy you drinks all night if you make me a pink CC plushie.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 05:16:12

You can bet that I'll be attending, I won't pass up the oppotunity to kick Wonchop's ass at pool (again).

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 05:38:35

At 1/25/10 08:09 PM, Luis wrote: London is an expensive city to play in and you considering your budget even at this early stage only makes you that much more prepared than those who dont. You dont want to be the guy who cant afford to get back home. It happens

Lst time, for a 4 day break, it cost me in the region of £300 - £500. Travel, 3 nights in a travelodge, tube tickets, plus tourism funds :P

Still, it was worth it.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 05:45:41

If I did come, it would have to be the one day and then back home. The only problem is convincing my Grandparents to let me go...

*PLOTTING*

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 07:53:31

I'm there!

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 08:05:10

A definate yes from me! Hopefully, I'll have some kind of flash to brag about by then.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 08:09:13

God damn

Could I come if I'm 14?

420 blaze it faggot

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 10:37:03

At 1/26/10 09:04 AM, FBIpolux wrote:
and that's why I don't have kids :D

Actually I'm sure there's another reason for that altogether ;)

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 11:44:59

ok thats it then if mori is going then im going i hope she will bring some of her plushies with her :D

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 11:46:20

A billion times, yes

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 11:48:27

At 1/26/10 11:46 AM, Wonchop wrote: A billion times, yes

it wont be a meet without wonchop and his goggles

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 12:00:39

Goggles, Jungle Speed and some form of Luis being drunk, the staples of the NG meetup.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 12:12:28

I'm so there, but this time no-ones aloud to put their penis in any orephis without permission first.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 12:14:34

At 1/26/10 12:12 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: I'm so there, but this time no-ones aloud to put their penis in any orephis without permission first.

Such promises will not be made. Period.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-01-26 12:18:20

At 1/26/10 12:02 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 1/26/10 12:00 PM, Wonchop wrote: Goggles, Jungle Speed and some form of Luis being drunk, the staples of the NG meetup.
Goggles have been replaced by Bazman dancing, fyi.

Goggles go hand in hand with Bezman's dancing.