00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KaelousPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Audio Death Match!

43,624 Views | 484 Replies

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:06:22

At 1/25/10 12:51 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 1/25/10 12:45 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Sorry for any inconvenience, from the songs I heard, these participants are bursting with talent - it's just that some people didn't make it, and we now don't have enough participants...
I do believe two individuals posted songs and interest in joining but were late. May be all to work them in and get the 16.

I would agree, except the song from FunkypotatO is nearly 7 months old. I just say do this, take those who are left and rescramble them. Put names in a hat or something if you would, and draw names. Every two names drawn would be contestants for the next round.

If there is an even amount of contestants, than this round will be fine. Granted if the number of contestants is 10 or 14 we will have an odd number next round, and I say once again we go to the random picking of names and whoever is the lucky guy next round to get picked last gets a bye. If we have 8 or 12 contestants this won't be an issue because the next round we will have either 4 or 6.

Granted this isn't perfect, but I have a hard time letting a guy into the competition who randomly stopped by and posted a song he made over half a year ago. So I personally think the reshuffle and random draw for the next round is the best idea. I think it would be far more fun that way anyways. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:08:42

At 1/25/10 01:02 PM, GronmonSE wrote: I had forgotten about this and by the time I remembered, I've had my hands full.

Still, I'll submit the only song I've made this year. Are we allowed to submit stuff we made in...say...December?

Sorry man, but it has to be specifically made for the competition.

Since not enough people posted their submissions, I'll be needing 2 more participants to automatically enter Round 2 to balance the competition out. There were two people who wanted to join but asked if they could join too late, and I sent them a PM offering if they want to join now that we need 2 more people. If one of them can't make it, then if you want, I'll give you some time to finish a song for the competition :).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:11:22

At 1/25/10 01:06 PM, Gravey wrote: I would agree, except the song from FunkypotatO is nearly 7 months old. I just say do this, take those who are left and rescramble them. Put names in a hat or something if you would, and draw names. Every two names drawn would be contestants for the next round.

If there is an even amount of contestants, than this round will be fine. Granted if the number of contestants is 10 or 14 we will have an odd number next round, and I say once again we go to the random picking of names and whoever is the lucky guy next round to get picked last gets a bye. If we have 8 or 12 contestants this won't be an issue because the next round we will have either 4 or 6.

Granted this isn't perfect, but I have a hard time letting a guy into the competition who randomly stopped by and posted a song he made over half a year ago. So I personally think the reshuffle and random draw for the next round is the best idea. I think it would be far more fun that way anyways. :-)

Hehe, true, but it could be a little unfair to some people. I asked the 2 people who wanted to join but couldn't if they could make a song for the competition to balance the competition out. If they can't, then we'll have to go for your way :\.

Sorry for the inconvenience - we've learnt from our mistakes and next year will be better, hopefully :\.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:17:55

At 1/25/10 01:08 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1/25/10 01:02 PM, GronmonSE wrote: I had forgotten about this and by the time I remembered, I've had my hands full.

Still, I'll submit the only song I've made this year. Are we allowed to submit stuff we made in...say...December?
Sorry man, but it has to be specifically made for the competition.

Since not enough people posted their submissions, I'll be needing 2 more participants to automatically enter Round 2 to balance the competition out. There were two people who wanted to join but asked if they could join too late, and I sent them a PM offering if they want to join now that we need 2 more people. If one of them can't make it, then if you want, I'll give you some time to finish a song for the competition :).

Alright, I just noticed something.

I asked to join Group 2 on 12/13/09 03:16 AM, so technically, I can submit anything I've made after December 13. This is also the only submission I've made since then, so technically, it counts as the song I worked on for the competition.

The entry I submitted is valid then?

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:19:27

Forgot to mention. This song was submitted on the second week of January. I was asking if we were allowed to submit earlier stuff just in case.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:26:32

Yes, it's valid. The only problem is that you're 26 minutes late :P. Don't worry though, if we need you since the 2 people I PM'd can't make it, then that song is valid :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 13:51:30

At 1/25/10 12:45 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: It seems like not many people submitted their songs for the competition. Obviously you have another 15 minutes left to submit

Technically, 2 minutes late according to this post.

Whatever I guess.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 14:10:28

At 1/25/10 01:51 PM, GronmonSE wrote: Technically, 2 minutes late according to this post.

Whatever I guess.

Sorry for that, you're right... It's been a little hard lately since I'm trying to deal with the problem of needing another judge since our other judge isn't answering to my PM, and I'm also judging for Group 1 and dealing with this 'not enough participants' situation, not to mention school and stuff, so yeah, everything's a confusion :(.

I don't know what's going to happen, but once we get 16 participants posting their songs, we can continue the Group 2 rounds smoothly, hopefully.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 14:31:29

At 1/25/10 01:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Yes, it's valid. The only problem is that you're 26 minutes late :P. Don't worry though, if we need you since the 2 people I PM'd can't make it, then that song is valid :).

Oh just let him use the damned song.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 17:38:39

This was gonna be for the first Deathmatch thingy but I was too late so I'm just gonna submit this one for the new Deathmatch...And thanks for the Notification :D Glad to be apart of stuff when it goes down :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 20:58:55

am i too late, i didnt read the posts before this but i saw a 15 min left...
i was at college all day and coulnt be here on time but this is my submssion anyway

IT was the most greatest deal of work i have ever done, so damn hard to get it right...

there is the link, i hope i am not too late

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-25 21:05:33

ok, apparently you seem stressed with all the latenesses (including mine)
but is it not a bad idea to give the late participants until this morning or somthing, (i dont know how much work this will be for you this is why i am asking) if its not too much trouble can this be done...

and just to let you know i have not received a pm except for the first one that the matches have started those days ago...

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 02:00:51

Well, shit. This sucks. Are you sure we don't have enough now with ShinyArmor's song?

Nothing More rulez d00d!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 07:08:45

I hope we got enough songs :O

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 10:04:37

Yes, with ShinyArmor's and S-Rock's submissions, we now have enough songs submitted. Here's what we'll do: In the next round - Round 2, you are all allowed to use these Round 1 submissions but you are also allowed to make a new submission. If you want to stick to your original song, repost it to avoid confusion (sorry about all the reposting, but it would take you a few seconds to go to your audio and choose the song you submitted and it'd take us judges quite a few minutes to skim through the recent pages of the thread looking for it), but if you want to make a new one, simply post the new one. The next deadline is 10th February, so you have till then.

Good luck to everyone. We'll post the pairings shortly (sorry but we can't now, since we have judging for Group 1 to do and we're looking for a new judge :[ ).

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 10:06:50

Wait, sorry, I'm being unfair letting ShinyArmor go through even though he was late and not letting Gronmon... I suppose S-Rock will have to drop out, since we need 16 for the next round, and it's only fair that I allow people who were late to post their songs in, not people who were late to ask to join...

I'll send a PM to S-Rock then...

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 10:54:02

This sucks cause I was already in according to you. crapper! lol well shit.
Good luck to all who made it in, this should be fun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 13:26:02

At 1/26/10 10:04 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Yes, with ShinyArmor's and S-Rock's submissions, we now have enough songs submitted. Here's what we'll do: In the next round - Round 2, you are all allowed to use these Round 1 submissions but you are also allowed to make a new submission. If you want to stick to your original song, repost it to avoid confusion (sorry about all the reposting, but it would take you a few seconds to go to your audio and choose the song you submitted and it'd take us judges quite a few minutes to skim through the recent pages of the thread looking for it), but if you want to make a new one, simply post the new one. The next deadline is 10th February, so you have till then.

Good luck to everyone. We'll post the pairings shortly (sorry but we can't now, since we have judging for Group 1 to do and we're looking for a new judge :[ ).

One question then. How do we know who we are facing? Because with so many people having dropped out, it hardly leaves us with any idea as to who our new competitor is. And that is important information to know.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 13:27:19

Oh fuck me, I'm an idiot. Disregard my last post. -_-

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 18:15:40

Lol wow so basically everybody who submitted there song advanced? Damn. It looks like y'all need some help with these judges though; it's not good that you seem to be missing one every time the judging process rolls around. And I don't think it would be a bad idea to include a 24-hour warning with a set time to submit the songs to everyone, just so that people don't miss the deadline, ya know? (i.e., is the deadline ANYTIME on February 10th, with the deadline actually being 11:59 PM? Or is it 12:00 AM, meaning that February 9th is actually the last FULL day to work on the song? Where is the cutoff?)

Nothing More rulez d00d!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-26 19:59:18

At 1/26/10 10:06 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Wait, sorry, I'm being unfair letting ShinyArmor go through even though he was late and not letting Gronmon... I suppose S-Rock will have to drop out, since we need 16 for the next round, and it's only fair that I allow people who were late to post their songs in, not people who were late to ask to join...

I'll send a PM to S-Rock then...

ok so you said s- rock will drop out because of gronmon, but what about me, am i out or still in?

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-27 13:27:19

Resubmitting:

Shoreside

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-27 14:15:43

Hmm... after recounting, here are the members, in the order that they submitted:

01.) Rawrthaas
02.) Bosa
03.) KrazeyOne
04.) dj-Jo
05.) aocrkid
06.) DarkenedArmor
07.) Manhart
08.) Gravey
09.) Bracksta
10.) krssvr
11.) Gritchy
12.) InvisibleObserver
13.) mr-jazzman
14.) Demon-Slayer12
15.) Niloc14
16.) GronmonSE
17.) ShinyArmor

Now, as we can see, there are 17 not 16, and ShinyArmor was the last one to submit, so I suppose we have no choice but to take ShinyArmor out of the competition since he was too late and posted after the 16th person made it. Sorry man, I know it's a bummer, but a lot of people didn't submit, leaving the competition in an utter mess :(. Don't worry, by the end of summer we'll make the NGADM 2010, and that will be much more organised :\.

Anyway, sorry but we'll have to delay the pairings. Tomorrow we'll surely post the pairings. Sorry for the inconvenience :'(. Anyway, everyone on the above list except ShinyArmor can start on their songs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-27 15:42:43

Yay, i made it!
hahahaa

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-27 15:48:53

At 1/27/10 02:15 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Hmm... after recounting, here are the members, in the order that they submitted:

01.) Rawrthaas
02.) Bosa
03.) KrazeyOne
04.) dj-Jo
05.) aocrkid
06.) DarkenedArmor
07.) Manhart
08.) Gravey
09.) Bracksta
10.) krssvr
11.) Gritchy
12.) InvisibleObserver
13.) mr-jazzman
14.) Demon-Slayer12
15.) Niloc14
16.) GronmonSE
17.) ShinyArmor

Now, as we can see, there are 17 not 16, and ShinyArmor was the last one to submit, so I suppose we have no choice but to take ShinyArmor out of the competition since he was too late and posted after the 16th person made it. Sorry man, I know it's a bummer, but a lot of people didn't submit, leaving the competition in an utter mess :(. Don't worry, by the end of summer we'll make the NGADM 2010, and that will be much more organised :\.

Anyway, sorry but we'll have to delay the pairings. Tomorrow we'll surely post the pairings. Sorry for the inconvenience :'(. Anyway, everyone on the above list except ShinyArmor can start on their songs.

Bah! Twas not an utter mess! Twas simply a word problem that needed to be solved...

"If you started out the day with 32 apples, and 20 apples suddenly left, and 5 more came by to say hello, then 15 more took the subway home, then 12 more arrived via bus, and of the remaining number at least 12 were confused of their arrival date, and the rest were confused about who they were supposed to be working with, and then suddenly a massive worm came by and ate 10 of the apples, and then a couple were forced to leave due to immigration laws, and the next day another 7 apples happened to notice the now dwindling group of apples...How many apples were left to finish the job?"

My answer was 3.875 apples. But it seems like I was wrong because we ended up with 17. (The apples represented the contestants if you had not figure that out already.) :-P

In all seriousness though great work in figuring all of this out. It is definitely appreciated. NOW OFF TO MAKE MORE MUZAKS!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-27 17:31:51

that was hilarious... i would love to hear someone act that speaking quickly.
i was reading it like that
haha

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-27 17:33:49

i'm out then

Ok, just goin' back to make song for fun, its ok, i can wait til next time, also if you need anyone to organize or help, i can definitly do that. i have great organization, (almost perfectionisms...)

so... see you all next time

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-28 00:34:34

Well, that's pretty gay man. I coulda sworn someone was supposed to drop out out of that list of 17 that was posted, letting ShinyArmor compete. So I inferred from an earlier post...but that could just be hearsay.

At 1/27/10 05:33 PM, ShinyArmor wrote: i'm out then

Ok, just goin' back to make song for fun, its ok, i can wait til next time, also if you need anyone to organize or help, i can definitly do that. i have great organization, (almost perfectionisms...)

so... see you all next time

Nothing More rulez d00d!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-28 08:05:19

Finally made it! :)
I hope you will submit my new track, though I thought you've already sudmitted my "Kitten" as I pleased in this topic..)

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-28 13:41:28

At 1/28/10 08:05 AM, Developer wrote: Finally made it! :)
I hope you will submit my new track, though I thought you've already sudmitted my "Kitten" as I pleased in this topic..)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 07361

The deadline for round one was the 25th. You missed it, and therefore are eliminated. Sorry 'bout your luck.

BBS Signature