00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Audio Death Match!

43,626 Views | 484 Replies

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 01:08:42

At 1/10/10 12:38 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 1/9/10 08:37 PM, Gravey wrote: Stuff about things
Dude calm down. Yes he's a bit biased against heavy metal songs, but he provides a distinct difference in the votes. If he wasn't so harsh on the songs, then there would probably be a bunch of ties floating around. Besides i already complained about him and then had a fairly intelligent conversation about music tastes lol So either calm or quit the comp, it's up to you.

*sigh* You people missed the point. Being harsh is good. Being a dick isn't. Leaving good reviews with scores of 2/10 is possible, but saying that a song makes you feel like you are swimming through a pool of crap is entirely different.

And yea, you are right. Now that you and him are friends now due to "a fairly intelligent conversation about music tastes" it should be ignored that most of his reviews were ignorant to the core. That makes all the sense in the world.

I'm sure in his world that made far more sense than in mine.

The point was his reviews were not the least bit constructive and some were flat out abusive. The score was irrelevant. I couldn't care less about whatever score he gave to whomever. But him being a douche to a contestant just because he didn't like metal, and thus left a horrible review that was basically a flame fest was unacceptable and was making the point in this thread. If there had been any semblance of constructive criticism and common decency then there wouldn't be an issue. But there was a lack of both, and thus I decided to say something. And the fact that "he isn't a judge anymore" doesn't matter. He still left crappy reviews and should be called on it. Thus, I called him out on it.

Also, as for dragging this out I couldn't really care less if it makes the rest of you uncomfortable. This is the first contest I've ever seen where a judge compares swimming through pools of poo to a song that was entered. And therefore, I voiced my opinion. Get over it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 01:22:12

At 1/10/10 01:08 AM, Gravey wrote:
At 1/10/10 12:38 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 1/9/10 08:37 PM, Gravey wrote: Stuff about things
Dude calm down. Yes he's a bit biased against heavy metal songs, but he provides a distinct difference in the votes. If he wasn't so harsh on the songs, then there would probably be a bunch of ties floating around. Besides i already complained about him and then had a fairly intelligent conversation about music tastes lol So either calm or quit the comp, it's up to you.
*sigh* You people missed the point. Being harsh is good. Being a dick isn't. Leaving good reviews with scores of 2/10 is possible, but saying that a song makes you feel like you are swimming through a pool of crap is entirely different.

We all caught your point, and you aren't catching a simple point of "It has been dealt with, and over". I hated the review he gave us too, but i got over it, and i'm sure the others have too.

And yea, you are right. Now that you and him are friends now due to "a fairly intelligent conversation about music tastes" it should be ignored that most of his reviews were ignorant to the core. That makes all the sense in the world.

This issue would have never been brought up if neither of us would have made metals songs first.

I'm sure in his world that made far more sense than in mine.
The point was his reviews were not the least bit constructive and some were flat out abusive. The score was irrelevant. I couldn't care less about whatever score he gave to whomever. But him being a douche to a contestant just because he didn't like metal, and thus left a horrible review that was basically a flame fest was unacceptable and was making the point in this thread. If there had been any semblance of constructive criticism and common decency then there wouldn't be an issue. But there was a lack of both, and thus I decided to say something. And the fact that "he isn't a judge anymore" doesn't matter. He still left crappy reviews and should be called on it. Thus, I called him out on it.

He has been called out before, and again, you a bit late on the ball. It has been dealt with.

Also, as for dragging this out I couldn't really care less if it makes the rest of you uncomfortable. This is the first contest I've ever seen where a judge compares swimming through pools of poo to a song that was entered. And therefore, I voiced my opinion. Get over it.

It has nothing to do with making us feel uncomfortable, it's the fact that you're beating a 15 year old dead horse that's already buried in the ground. He ISN'T judging in the comp, if you can't get over the fact that everyone else has gotten over the bad reviews that where left,(Even the ones who got the reviews) then i don't know what to tell you. People are dicks sometimes, sometimes there not, maybe we're ignorant, great thanks for telling us, now please get over it for your sake, otherwise you'll drive yourself mad.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 01:29:59

Alright i'm trying to look for the Due Date for the songs for Group 2 but all i see is a flame war, can someone please tell me when the due date it, thanks :D

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 02:02:25

yay back to the contest. my understanding is that there is still a vacancy left in group two, so the competition for group two hasn't started yet and therefore there is no deadline. somebody correct me if i'm wrong?

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 02:07:33

At 1/10/10 01:29 AM, LK412 wrote: Alright I'm trying to look for the Due Date for the songs for Group 2 but all i see is a flame war, can someone please tell me when the due date it, thanks :D

No due date yet since there needs to be one or two more people until the group is full. Once that happens, the due date will be established.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 06:15:19

lol i've noticed that there will possibly be this massive gap in-between the last matches of both groups. Not to throw another problem into this, but will the person who wins from group one be getting more time because of that gap, or is some sort of precaution being taken?

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 07:18:57

At 1/10/10 06:15 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: lol i've noticed that there will possibly be this massive gap in-between the last matches of both groups. Not to throw another problem into this, but will the person who wins from group one be getting more time because of that gap, or is some sort of precaution being taken?

Yeah, I'm thinking that a random genre will be chosen from the 3 genres that the winner of group 1 and the winner of group 2, so if the winner of group 1 chose classical, trance and dance, and the winner of group 2 chose general rock, glitch and miscellaneous, then a genre is randomly chosen for each of them from those 3 genres. That way they can't start before they know their genres.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 08:33:15

Phew. I stop looking at this thread for five minutes and u guys start World War III?? Wow, u guys are good...

Good thing we're back to the competition now, or we'd all have to end up building shelters -.-

Darklight17

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 09:16:17

At 1/10/10 02:02 AM, vanguard182 wrote: yay back to the contest. my understanding is that there is still a vacancy left in group two, so the competition for group two hasn't started yet and therefore there is no deadline. somebody correct me if i'm wrong?

Yeah, that about sums it up.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 14:38:30

waoh!, i thought the competition started after i invited a friend... silly steph miscounting... lol

anyway i think i may have another invitation to enter this competition... he has a similar name as i.

but is inviting my brother into this allowed, he's probably gonna lose anyway....
i want to know if its allowed before i do this...

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 15:04:02

At 1/10/10 02:38 PM, ShinyArmor wrote: waoh!, i thought the competition started after i invited a friend... silly steph miscounting... lol

Oh noez :P.

anyway i think i may have another invitation to enter this competition... he has a similar name as i.

Let me guess. 'RustyArmor'? xD

but is inviting my brother into this allowed, he's probably gonna lose anyway....
i want to know if its allowed before i do this...

Sure, lol. Anything to get us to 32 xP.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 15:16:07

There is one vacancy left in group 2 that needs filling before things get moving.

To the poster above, get your bro in, even if he isn't good, its good practice for dealing with the feintest amount of pressure/deadlines.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 16:48:35

uh, i'm not so sure if this is correct... so i just make a song and get reviewed by judges...
i'm gonna slap'm
ok they say 3 things i can do,
well i cant do any, so i put it on misc.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 16:51:26

It looks like he beat me to it. Anyway the name was close, not rusty but DarkenedArmor.
allright so lets start this contest.

but may i ask a favor, i am not in my home state right now, and i dont have access to all of my musical programms. can i get like a week until i actually start making song.

(S|A}

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 20:14:36

Hell yes! It's about time!

Nothing More rulez d00d!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-10 22:50:36

Yay! Time to get to work everyone! The deathmatch will begin...

whenever Supersteph reads the thread again.

I lost the game.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 10:36:39

Awesome, Group 2 will start! Not exactly now though, I'll send all of the PM's and post the final members list and the deadlines either in another 4 hours or so or sometime tomorrow, since I have to spend the whole day today judging for Group 1 and posting their results thread :\.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 13:00:03

Here's the members list for Group 2! PM's will be sent out by Darklight17, since I have no time to do it, so thanks goes to him!
--
[01] SolidElectro - N/A
[02] krssvr - N/A
[03] Bosa - Classical, Classical and umm... Classical
[04] LK412 - Trance and Dance
[05] Gritchy - Grindcore, Dance Metal and Noise Garbage
[06] Jewelz123 - Miscellaneous...
[07] dj-Jo - Techno, Trance and Classical
[08] Deflektor - Classical and Ambient
[09] blackattackbitch - Classical, Hip-Hop and R&B
[10] Ant0n - Techno, Trance and Dance
[11] ArisingFlame - N/A
[12] GronmonSE - Classical, Trance and Miscellaneous
[13] Dj-UnKnOwN - Trance, House and Hard Trance
[14] Rawrthaas - Drum and Bass, Ambient and Trance
[15] deathkllr84 - Metal, Rap and Dance
[16] mydarksides - Heavy Metal...
[17] Developer - Ambient, Miscellaneous and Video Game
[18] Bracksta - Trance, Techno and BreakBeat
[19] Manhart - N/A
[20] CKC2009 - Hip Hop, Dance and Classical
[21] timesavectorquantity - techno stuff :D
[22] aocrkid - Miscellaneous
[23] GreatWhiteMe - Classical, Ambient and Miscellaneous
[24] mr-jazzman - Progressive Rock
[25] Niloc14 - N/A
[26] Demon-Slayer12 - N/A
[27] ShinyArmor - Trance, Ambient and Classical... and more
[28] InvisibleObserver - Ambient, Glitch and Industrial
[29] Acid-Paradox - Ambient
[30] Gravey - Anything (sorta Classical, Electronica and Miscellaneous)
[31] KrazeyOne - Ambient, House and Hardstyle
[32] DarkenedArmor - Miscellaneous

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 13:01:50

At 1/11/10 01:00 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: [19] Manhart - N/A

Oops, I fail'd :P.

--

[19] Manhart - N/A

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 13:24:59

cool, I'll more than likely stick to Metal, but I might do some softer stuff like General Rock.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 13:27:52

i just wanted to say , good luck to everyone on this death match .

:)

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 13:40:25

At 1/11/10 01:00 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Here's the members list for Group 2! PM's will be sent out by Darklight17, since I have no time to do it, so thanks goes to him!

I'm not sure if I said it or not but you guys deserve some serious kudos for organizing this thing. Thumbs up :)

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 14:11:38

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 15:41:25

At 1/11/10 01:40 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/11/10 01:00 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Here's the members list for Group 2! PM's will be sent out by Darklight17, since I have no time to do it, so thanks goes to him!
I'm not sure if I said it or not but you guys deserve some serious kudos for organizing this thing. Thumbs up :)

Thanks, man :). My pleasure to do it ^^.

Anyway, since I don't feel like making a new post in the other thread, I'll just say that the results for Group 1 Round 2 are coming very soon!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 17:15:28

Alright, as promised, here are the deadlines and pairings. If you have any questions and/or find some stupid mistakes, don't hesitate to post or send me a PM :).

HERE ARE THE DEADLINES FOR GROUP 2 (note that there will be intervals of 2 days between each 2-week round for the judging process):

25th January - Round 1 complete
27th January - JUDGING PROCESS - 16 participants left.
--
10th February- Round 2 complete
12th February - JUDGING PROCESS - 8 participants left.
--
26th February - Round 3 complete
28th February- JUDGING PROCESS - 4 participants left.
--
14th March - Round 4 complete
16th March - JUDGING PROCESS - 2 participants left.
--
6th April - Round 5 complete
8th April - Teh Judgement Day - Winner announced

GROUP 2 PAIRINGS
Acid-Paradox vs Ant0n
Jewelz123 vs mr-jazzman
dj-Jo vs Manhart
Bracksta vs Rawrthaas
SolidElectro vs Deflektor
timesavectorquantity vs ShinyArmor
DarkenedArmor vs ArisingFlame
Bosa vs CKC2009
LK412 vs Dj-UnKnOwN
krssvr vs mydarksides
blackattackbitch vs Niloc14
Gritchy vs deathkllr84
GronmonSE vs Developer
aocrkid vs GreatWhiteMe
KrazeyOne vs Gravey
Demon-Slayer12 vs Invisible Observer

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 18:28:55

I think it would be a lot easier on the judges if you made a separate thread strictly for posting submissions for the contest.

Otherwise, here is my submission - as I have to post it again:

Good luck to CKC2009

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 20:49:38

Well, here's mu submission:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 37919

Again, good luck to my competitor, Gravey. May the best musician win! :D

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-11 22:33:37

alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck Manhart :D

here, i'm going to repost my submission

enjoi :D

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-12 12:04:12

so do we have to create a new song? or can we resubmit the one that we were going to use for our previous entry?

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2010-01-12 12:06:16

At 1/12/10 12:04 PM, Jewelz123 wrote: so do we have to create a new song? or can we resubmit the one that we were going to use for our previous entry?

You can resubmit it :).

BBS Signature