00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings

18,046 Views | 233 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 04:57:57

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote: Okay, so here's a delicious easy contest for everyone.
yippy
I have a coupon book for an almost year's worth of free wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.
ok then now show me the quewtions
Mind you it's not quite a year as due to internet problems, and the time it took to actually took so it's more like 10 months. BUT DAMN IT, it's a pile of free chicken.

:HOT STEAMING CHIKEN PILE! YAY!

The actual contest -
YAY
All you have to do is comment in this topic and answer these questions.
ok
When did you first learn about Newgrounds?

:2008

What do you most enjoy about the site?

:zombie games

Given one day at the reins of the site, what would you change, what would you fix?

nothing NG is perfect

Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back? (I.E. Old Blam/Save Animations)
nope
I'll randomly grab a user's reply, and post it on my user page, declaring them the winner.
OK
YOU ARE MAGICAL RIGHT?
you are correct sir!

PS:sorry i had to arase some of you non question stuff i wouldnt let me post it intill i did!

Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 05:02:17

OMG FREE BUFFALO WILD WINGS I FUCKING LOVE THAT PLACE!!!

My cousin showed me Divine Intervention Part 1 and I fell in love with it, and my interest in the site just sort of blossomed from there.

: What do you most enjoy about the site?

The games are pretty fun, and it's cool how Newgrounds does so much to help boost the recognition of its contributors such as Edmund McMillen and The-Swain.

Given one day at the reins of the site, what would you change, what would you fix?

I don't spend as much time on here as I used to so I don't really know what needs fixing. I would try and gauge opinion from the other users on what needs improvements or tweaks, taking special care to ignore morons and advice that is exceptionally retarded.

Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back? (I.E. Old Blam/Save Animations)

No. Everything on Newgrounds has been changed or improved for the better, and the only reason people complain about the old ways is because they are socially inept man-children who fear the unknown and can't accept that a normal, funtioning society goes through personal change. I would like to see the return of Bitesize soon. It's a good idea to give it a break so it doesn't wear out its welcome, but I think it's time for a comeback.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 08:07:21

Awww man. A while back with parody paradise, what was that? '00 or '01? A friend told me about that and Teletuby Funland.

This website is probably one of the premiere flash portals featuring games and movies. I don't stalk the forum but it's a nice touch for a great community that has brought together great collaborations.

Probably couldn't be done in one day but I'd get something rolling about a frontpage nod to hidden treasures or classic flashes. This website has been around or a while and his huge! Things fly under the radar and are forgotten too easily, but hard to fix. I understand.

Part of me misses the old theme music to Newgrounds. Probably couldn't handle it forever but a flashback day with the old music would make me smile.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 11:56:00

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote: 1. When did you first learn about Newgrounds?
2. What do you most enjoy about the site?
3. Given one day at the reins of the site, what would you change, what would you fix?
4. Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back? (I.E. Old Blam/Save Animations)

1. late 2004, signed up just about a year later
2. the portal(s), of course!
3. Ban all the people who intentionally submit turd of the weeks. ;P
4. Well, kind of, i'd want the downloads page to be updated with loads of new content.

LOL HAI.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 12:27:35

-I first heard about Newgrounds when it was featured on "The Screensavers" on TechTv.

-I really enjoy the creativity of the people on this site. I also enjoy seeing animators work before they get big.

-I would change the audio portal to work a little more like the flash portal.

-Nope.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 14:03:39

I first heard of Newgrounds from a good friend of mine, I've never thanked him for it.

I enjoy all the talented people and all their spectacular submissions. I mean, DAMN! You can find some really great things here! Sooner or later the Nobel committee will be coming over here, going through the all the great stuff in search for the next nominee for "Awesomest person ever"!

I would fix the voting system somehow. I believe the votes do not represent the true opinion of the people here on newgrounds. Some people tend to zero bomb the crap out of everything, just so they can promote their own stuff and keep the democracy from prospering here at this wonderful site.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 14:49:11

In middle school, 2004 or 2005 I can't remember, there was this thing called "Home Base" where we had to wait in a specified room and listen to announcements before classes started. One nice thing was that there were two computers in that room, and if you came to school early the teacher would let you play them. I would normally go on to generic game and humor sites, the kind that are probably now broken links. The only other person who went after the computer was this one creepy Asian kid (you know what I'm talking about). One day I saw him playing Pico's school, and I was immediately interested.

The amount of content. There is a lot more stuff to see on this site than there is on any other. That means that there is an opportunity to see stuff that would not have made it to other sites, particularly the more experimental stuff.
Also, the staff artists are beastly.

I would probably spend the whole day screwing around with collection and series pages. Do you remember this series?

Never got a series page. Also, the collection are set up really weird-like. Why isn't Castle Crashers in the video game parody sub-collection?

I can't think of anything other than those blam/save/whistle animation. The little flash animations on the front page were cool at first but they got old fast.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 22:39:16

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote:

My cousin, maybe about six or seven years ago, I was in elementary school and he definitly shouldn't have shown my some of the animations on this site.

Forums, general to be exact.

I wouldn't mind being able to embed videos into forums posts, or a way to gain more then 10 experience in a day.

Animated sigs were generally entertaining, I would also like it if under location in our profiles, it still said Habitat.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 23:45:18

A good friend of mine showed me some neat flash movies in 2003-04. I signed up in '05 so that I could save my favorites.

The audio portal. Something about sifting through hours and hours of free music satisfies me.

Fix a lot of the dead links such as the "More Latest Submissions" and "More Best Tracks" links on the front page of the audio portal.

I miss being able to listen to all of the tracks of one artist on the same page. That was a lot nicer then the set up now.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 23:49:29

The obscenity at first, then later the potential to share flash, music, art, etc.

Kill background ads, wide screen, and game features.

NG slowly is becoming more like a generic game site. Not totally, but every time something new happens. You lose a little bit of the awesome, mindless, gory, offensive genius that Newgrounds is. Its becoming less like: Everything by Everyone, and more like: Placid, Generic Things Sponsored by Game Websites.

I like to rape children

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-23 23:49:47

- I learned of Newgrounds back when I was but a 11 year old child just learning about the internet..my misfit friend Carl told me about the website....my parents were terrible at restricting websites.

- I loooove the flash animations, some are quite inspiring..some just make your formerly shitty day turn into a bright shiny one with pink butterflies and yellow bunnies..of sorts.

-The only thing I'd probably alter would be to give the ability to full screen flash animations.. I know it would probably cause a lot of pixels to show but to be given as an option seems fair enough, I don't mind sacrificing the quality...its for the simple joy and pleasure of the animation not the how good it looks in my opinion..since it would be optional the quality watchers won't complain.

Newgrounds in general has been moving straight forward, the only thing I kind of miss is a time when there were less ads, fortunently the black out feature has fixed this for me so really, I have no complains.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 00:38:49

Back in 2007, when I first started playing flash games around the web. Most of the games had the NewGrounds preloader, so I thought I'd check it out. I clicked the link, saw the MASSIVE amount of content, and was hooked.

The fact that there is never a shortage of things to do. I can play games, watch movies, check out blogs, look at artwork, listen to music, and browse forums all on the same website.

I would add a chat portal and a literature portal. As for things to fix, I can't say there is anything to fix. Everyone has done a good job on the website.

I can't say that I've been on this site long enough to know any of the old things. I like it the way it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 02:42:45

I found Newgrounds in 1998 on my 486 no name computer with 1440 dial up. Barely pentium speed, the long loading times were worth it!

I enjoy too many things about this site to pick just one.

Change: I would give more recognition to the king of the portal. Not only would they have front page, but they would create their version of the Newgrounds Homepage Banner to be displayed on the website for the month. Fix: Keep working on the issue with awarding game medals.

Well...it would be nice to slip an older front-page submission (like Beebo) somewhere on the front page just to see what kind of reaction it would get...

I WILL find a way to use those coupons if I win them...:)

Last one in is the first one out.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 02:57:32

boys have a penis

Smoking will kill you M8!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 03:00:11

When did you first learn about Newgrounds? from flashportal

What do you most enjoy about the site? the flash movies

Given one day at the reins of the site, what would you change, what would you fix? the voting systems, and the secrets
no

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 05:18:31

I first learned about it YEARS ago, back when you killed teletubbies and watched Vegeta split the world in half with his poo

I enjoy the freedom that everyone has to post what their wildest imaginations can create. This is what the internet was made for. pure from-the-creator entertainment

What would I change? Well youve been around so long that some new sites have adopted ideas perhaps you should as well. Like how youtube has updates when you log in to those who youve subscribed to. That way nothing you love slips through the cracks when you dont log in for a day or so.

The blam/save animations were ok, i dont miss em but i woudlnt mind if they came back. it let me know i put the final nail in the coffin of something i wanted dead, feels good man

BTW, I live in Canada and I don't think that wing place exists up here, so take me outa the ballot, just wanted to post my opnion.

Stay Awesome

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 15:01:15

Flash videos.

A literature portal would be nice.

I miss the animation after you blew your whistle.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 16:36:03

At 10/24/09 02:57 AM, arbiterg wrote: boys have a penis

ang girls have perky breasts

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 19:46:28

2002. I was still in grade school, and came on here because I saw my cool older brother doing so. Played some games, watched some movies, and came on every once and a while. Didn't register till 2006 though.

Animations. i could care less about the games now. Right now my favorite thing is defiantly Marc M's animations.

Hate the art portal. I don't think it really works as a portal. I'd prefer something more like DeviantArt. Also the user pages could be more customizable.

I've been seeing this in other posts as well. Newgrounds 'edginess' is gone. this place used to be one of the best websites for things like gratuitous violence and terribly offensive jokes. I made a animation about how funny AIDS is, and people where offended! What the hell happened here? I'd like to see that come back.

YOU ARE MAGICAL RIGHT?

ABSOLUTELY

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 19:58:08

I was thirteen and i was told there was sexy goings on here.

The forums, i like the crazy stuff and people that go on here.

i would give a serious look see at the mods, i don't believe ALL of the are corrupt, but some just aren't doing what they have to.

I miss the notifications that told me my favorite animator uploaded something new.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-24 22:47:59

One day my friend came to my house and went on this site. I was interested in the site and the next day i checked it out more, and deicded i liked it, so soon after that i made an account

I guess the games and flash content that i find can be fun and interesting

I don't know, i would allow non flash submissions like java and shockwave 3d games, and i would also make the forums less stricrt.

Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back? (I.E. Old Blam/Save Animations

I don't know, the sites pretty good as it is know, but i kinda miss the way newgrounds was like in 2005

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-25 08:31:18

I think back in '99, when I saw some kid playing Pico's School in class.

Umm.. flash games and movies. (and free chicken?!)

i guess how the medals glitch out sometimes, and you don't know until you go to play the game again and are like: wtf no medals?

Those festive cartoons that would hide in the banner. That ninja was pretty chill.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-25 08:35:47

In 2002, the year of such awesomeness as these things.

Posting, and the open atmosphere that allows people to express themselves.

I'd bring back the pop-up User Profile pages, they were awesome, and they gave you view counts >:[

The "Blow my whistle bitch" song that happened when I blew the whistle on illegal submissions. BLARGH

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-25 10:38:00

i think i saw my brother on it once back in the day so i decided to check it out too. lol, NG runs in the family. from what i can remember i got addicted to the game "pimps quest". i must have completed that go some many times its silly.

i think the best thing about the site is how new talent is always emerging, and its always got fresh stuff to offer. the comunity here is good too (although we're all guilty of being a tad imature at times lol)

i think id make the audio portal a bit more established, but thats just because i love music and have submitted a few things myself

i dont think theres anything i miss. ive been coming here nearly five years now, all thorugh my adolecance, and i think the main reasons things have changed is because ive changed myself. i find different things appealing now. i wouldnt bring anything back because chances are i wouldnt feel the same about it.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-26 19:21:43

Fall of '03

The awesome up-and coming artwork and the fact that it's a good place for artists to improve from critiques.

The shitty mass voting on terrible flashes and most of the retarded BBS posts.

IRC chat. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-26 21:36:19

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote: Okay, so here's a delicious easy contest for everyone.

I have a coupon book for an almost year's worth of free wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

Mind you it's not quite a year as due to internet problems, and the time it took to actually took so it's more like 10 months. BUT DAMN IT, it's a pile of free chicken.

The actual contest -

All you have to do is comment in this topic and answer these questions.

I'll randomly grab a user's reply, and post it on my user page, declaring them the winner.

Contest begins RIGHT NOW, Contest ends October 28th at Midnight. I'll be locking the topic and sifting through for a magical winner. Then I'll send you a PM for your name/address and ship you your coupon book.

YOU ARE MAGICAL RIGHT?

LEAVE A SINGLE REPLY, AS MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL MURDER YOUR SHOT AT FREE CHICKEN, YOU TERRIBLE PERSON.

answer 1: i first learned of this site through a friend, because he saw super mario brothers z, and he showed me this site, where he saw it.
answer 2:what i enjoy the most?, it would be: flash animations (like: nico do 2nd kirbomix [if you don't see the description before the flash, then you will go WTF], resident evil 5 meetup [explaining racisim in resident evil 5].
answer 3: ban users that flame other users that they did nothing to them, pick responsible people to be admins, and then SWEET RAVE PARTY.
answer 4: that stamper didn't put so many sexual themed flash, but well, he is himself, he cannot be changed, CAN HE?

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-26 21:41:35

Flash Portal, BBS

Scouting system I would change, nothing else to fix except maybe some new MODs

A classic portal option would be great (view it as it used to be), but I don't really miss anything

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-27 00:56:57

Around when I was in 4th grade.
The excessive amount of violence.
I would add perks and such for doing relatively menial things, like number of posts earns you an achievement etc. I would also fix that if someone constantly blamed submissions and or only gave them a 1 their vote would count less and less. Oh and I would also fix CHICKEN.
I haven't been around all that long... but I would like to see an NG mmo or something based off of tankmen, that would be beast. Maybe even if there was something comparable to flash, like a simple animation game that everyone used a lot (a stronger union of Newgrounders would be epic).

aasdfasdfasdfasdfasfasdfasfasdfasdf asdfasdf

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-27 02:25:57

2006, In a mental hospital < I shit you not.

Either the BBS or games.

I would add the (c)lit portal.

Not really. Other than the black buttons.

LEAVE A SINGLE REPLY, AS MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL MURDER YOUR SHOT AT FREE CHICKEN, YOU TERRIBLE PERSON.

Made me lol

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-28 00:15:00

To clear up some confusion, the contest ends today at 11:59 p.m. so anyone that hasn't entered may still do so until 12 AM EST Thursday Oct. 29th.

I'll be doing the pick live on Stickam, so feel free to come on in when the time rolls around.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.