00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

illod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Mafia

1,664,504 Views | 44,129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 03:12:28

Look at that. The Mafia did 1 page today. Five us just almost knocked out 2 in about an hour and a half. The five beng Me, Boris,Snpe,Surf and Prower, but Im sure everyone can read.Well I'm gone. Or atleast I wont post anymore. Thanks for the sig update Boris. Later Guys.

Hey look, clever words

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 03:51:31

At 11/11/06 03:12 AM, TheHitman14 wrote: Five us just almost knocked out 2 in about an hour and a half. The five being Me, Boris,Snpe,Serf and Prower, but Im sure everyone can read.

Back in the old days three people would punch out at least two pages by themeselves. Everytime you refreshed there was another page waiting for you.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 06:32:52

Damn two pages I hate not being involved in the conversations round here. I don't know about Britkid and regus but it already feels like Christmas for me. Not so much snow although I would bet that's close, the rain has not stopped pouring for the past few days. I don't really know what Christmas is like for the rest of the mafia but I personally don't like it. Not Christmas per say just the way we celebrate it. So does everyone know what there getting?

I notice everyones getting specially made "NG Mafia" sigs where do I get one?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 09:32:02

I'll probably write the next chapter of my story later on in the day.

At 11/11/06 01:27 AM, TheSerf wrote: Much as I loved my old sig, I thought I'd try on a mafia-ish one on for size/....
What do you guys think?

Personally, I like the old one better. It was simple and stylish. The old man on the new one seems awkward in front of that background and it just doesn't seem to fit you.

Oh yeah, I'm back, btw.

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 10:03:06

At 11/11/06 01:32 AM, Boris-4-U wrote: I actually like it. It has a serious feel to it as well as comical look (The guy in the hat). l like it. Madknt was always nice at making sigs, a shame he resigned from the Mafia though.

Holy shit, MADKNT was in the mafia? Wow, I wasnt expecting that....

As for your sig, Serf, I really dont like that person in it. I mean, I love the background, but the render is just, um, *gags*.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 10:22:14

The Science of the Mafia, Part Twenty-Three - Step Four

After three days of healing, Mr. Trivia was ready to exit the Bacta tank. His flight suit was mended and his Power Suit was repaired and rearmed, so Triv was ready to redeploy. "Proceeding to Urban Combat Sector," he said as he pulled the Armani's canopy down. This time, Mr. Trivia saw something weird as he crossed the subspace bridge. "Was that a Grim Reaper?"
Triv and the XPS-101 arrived safely at the checkpoint in the center of the artificial island, then headed to the Urban Combat Sector. The Armani's radar and infrared sensors were seeking out the enemy as Triv roamed the streets. "Five vehicles detected on radar. Thirty hostile signals on radar. Ten humanoids detected on infrared," announced the XPS-101.
"Ten humanoids?" Triv asked himself. "Do I have squatters on this testing ground?" Mr. Trivia wasn't expecting life-signs because every opponent he put in place was mechanical.
In the meantime, one of the vehicles rounded the corner and saw Triv standing there. Before the crew could open fire with a roof-mounted .50 caliber Browning Machine Gun, the Armani launched a short-ranged rocket which hit the fuel tank and exploded. The fireball attracted another Humvee-ish combat vehicle, but Triv got a radar lock on it and fired a homing missile around the corner to blow it up before it could see him. Next, Triv found a fuel truck and waited for it to rendezvous with an APC. The XPS-101 evaded detection long enough for Triv to fire a rocket and kill two birds with one stone. "That's four vehicles down, one to go before I storm the buildings."
The last vehcile, a T-72 Soviet tank, proved a surprisingly easy kill. Mr. Trivia found it on radar holding its position by the harbor. Triv simply got a lock on it and fired a homing missile to finish it off. While Triv was at the seaport, he noticed a boat that didn't belong, which confirmed the presence of tresspassers. "I'll deal with those squatters later. I just hope they don't get caught in the crossfire."
There were only three buildings with drones inside, but life-signs coming from five structures. Two buildings with people inside were warehouses on the dock, and seven of the ten intruders were found fairly quickly. Triv moved on to a one-story house with about eight signals inside. The Armani crouched down and squeezed through the front door, then Triv looked down the hall to find two drones. He made short work of them with the vulcan and checked the living room, finding a single vagrant. "Get out of here," said Triv. "This is a weapons testing site! Head back to your boat!" The squatter took one look at the Armani and ran for his life in the general direction of the seaport. "Five more signals in this house," thought Triv aloud. He checked the master bedroom and took fire from two AK-47s. Triv dispatched the pair of drones with a single rocket, which also took out the drone in the master bathroom. Mr. Trivia found another drone in the second bedroom, but it was pointing its gun out the window and never saw the vulcan rip it apart. The last drone of the building was surprisingly hiding in a closet. Triv inadvertently smashed him up while kicking in the door. "Oh, well. A kill is a kill." The Armani had an easier time fitting out the sliding glass back door, and Triv moved on to the two-story house. Immediately, Mr. Trivia spotted a sniper in an upstairs window and shot a rocket into the room. The scream that accompanied the explosion made Triv start to regret that action. "Crap, that's a human causalty!"
Mr. Trivia kicked in the front door and ran inside to find another drone under his foot. The radar showed seven targets remaining on two floors. Triv heard one drone in the kitchen and two in the dining area/living room, so he rushed in and strafed the rooms with his vulcan and svivel guns. With the downstairs clear, Mr. Trivia made his way to the staircase. "This has got to be a trap," said Triv, stopping on the fourth of about twelve stairs. "If I had a grenade, I'd probably lob it up to the next floor." Triv inches upwards, then strafes through the banister with his left swivel gun as soon as it clears the floorboards. A metallic thump rewards Mr. Trivia, meaning that he shot a drone's legs out and the trap was safely disarmed. Triv runs up the stairs and finishes the crippled drone with a stomp on the head. "Three drones left in this house," said Triv, looking around. Mr. Trivia busts down the door to the master bedroom and fires a rocket at two drones sitting on the bed, destroying everything inside the room. The last drone of the building walked out of the bathroom and straight into Triv's vulcan for a quick kill. Triv then opens a bedroom door and finds a broken drone with a sniper rifle and a bloody corpse in tattered clothes. Mr. Trivia climbs out of the mech to check the body for ID. "Just some nameless hobo mistaking this for a town," said Triv as he re-entered the XPS-101. The Armani turned around and walked back down the stairs, then made its way to a four-story office building. Triv sees a revolving door, but decides to smash through the huge ground-level windows instead and catches another drone off guard. "I'm sure not making them like I used to,"said Triv before searching the cubicles for enemies. Two drones standing by the water cooler stand in clear view, and Mr. Trivia mows them down with his vulcan before shooting the drone that guarded the front door. "That leaves ten drones and a vagrant somewhere in this building," Triv tells himself. "First floor clear, proceeding to second floor."
The Armani's left manipulator/hand extends its index finger and pushes the up button to call the central elevator.
continued in next post

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 10:22:38

Well since everyone seems to be talking about sigs what do we all think of mine? good bad like dislike whatever.

Welcome back Ghandi you haven't really missed too much if you can't be bothered reading over the last few pages I could PM you just let me know.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 10:57:50

At 11/11/06 02:49 AM, TheHitman14 wrote:

Hitman needs a sig.

Here's my try. :P

Also, great story Triv. I like the twist of people on your private island.

NG Mafia

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 11:05:05

Unless NG had some kind of slight downtime or something, then it was the shitty weather around here that prevented the site from loading a bit ago. This happen to anyone else where it wasn't connecting to the server at around the 10:45-10:55 mark? (or whatever timezone you're in, did it happen anyways.)

At 11/11/06 05:28 AM, Britkid wrote:
At 11/11/06 02:30 AM, TheHitman14 wrote: Hitman needs a sig.
Yes, and posting posts like above are not the way we want to be going. We're not just here for the pages, try not posting unless there's really something to post about.

I'd agree on the whole posting bit, and to clarify he wasn't asking for a sig when he put that down, those were the words that he told Serf to write his poem about, as odd as that may seem. Anyways, thought to maybe clarify that up, before 50 people make him a sig. :p

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 11:12:22

The Science of the Mafia, Part Twenty-Three - Step Four (continued)

The elevator seemed to take forever to arrive, but it was clear and Triv quickly boarded it. The Armani carefully pushed the 2 button and warmed up its vulcan, and the elevator rode up to the second floor. The XPS-101 was ambushed, but Triv was expecting it. He strafed the entire floor without setting foot outside the elevator, and four drones went down in under a minute. The Armani pressed the 3 button next and rode up to the third floor. There were no drones in sight, so Triv stepped off the lift and began searching the cubicles. The last intruder was found in a suit and tie typing up some kind of office document. "Who the hell are you?!" shouted Triv upon finding the businessman.
"I'm just a peon, working 9 to 5," answered the fool.
"Well, you're fired! Get out of here!" said Triv, hoping the conversation didn't give away his position. Unfortunately, the three drones on the level, one of which in a suit for no reason, did come rushing toward the Armani. "I'll cover you while you take the stairs out," said Triv to the last of the intruders. The XPS-101 sprayed the drones with bullets from its vulcan gun, then Triv heard his weapon click instead of bang. "Out of ammo," he noted. The Armani again called for the elevator, then rode it up to the top floor to find four drones sitting around a conference table. Each enemy had a bazooka aimed straight at the elevator, and Triv fired a few rockets before the drones pulled their triggers. Triv managed to kill the last of the enemies, but the car fell down the elevator shaft and heavily damaged the XPS-101 on impact. Triv pried open the would-be tomb and maxed out his Jump Jets getting back to the lobby. The barely-functional Armani made its way back to the central checkpoint and activated the subspace bridge. "Urban Combat Sector clear, mission accomplished." On that note, Triv returned to the lab to give his judgement.
"The XPS-101 'Armani' Powersuit proved successful in concept but fails to hold up to extreme force," Triv said for the record. "I give it a marginal rating and propose improvements to the mass-production model shall include Adamantium-reinforced Tritanium and a shield generator."
Triv quickly met with LAD and GP to hammer out the details of the next mech, and they came up with the following:

Mecha Specifications:
Name: PS-102 "Armani II" PowerSuit
Height: 9'2"
Weight: 3000 lbs empty, 3750 lbs with full load & pilot
Armament:
- M61A2 Vulcan Gun x1, mounted on right arm - carries 30,000 rounds
- Swivel Gun (180° rotation) x2, mounted on shoulders - each carries 2000 rounds
- Short-Range Rocket Launcher x1, mounted on top of left arm - carries 50 rounds
- Homing Missile Launcher x1, mounted on bottom of left arm - carries 20 rounds
- Flashbang Launcher x1, mounted on bottom of right arm - carries 10 rounds
Armor: Tritanium, reinforced at joints with Adamanium. Transparisteel canopy.
Additional Features: Shield Generator, Jump Jets, Grappling Hook (optional)
Top Speed: 85 mph on foot, 115 mph with Jump Jets

With another successful invention under his belt, Triv kicks back in his office and waits for the next brainstorm.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 11:17:12

At 11/11/06 11:08 AM, Britkid wrote: So what? All he did was criticise, criticise, criticise.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean, in the NGSM, all he does is critisize. MadCow has gone really over the top with it though, calling my sigs shitty and tasteless just because I dont use Adobe Photoshop like all the "pros". I guess it was a good thing Madknt left, eh?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 12:25:45

At 11/11/06 10:03 AM, Snype wrote: Holy shit, MADKNT was in the mafia? Wow, I wasnt expecting that....

You'd be surprised who was once in the Mafia. Can't remember the name but l know one of the mods was once a member here, Wylo also came by the place. Now if only we could get one of the admins in here then we'd be rolling.

As if.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 12:37:41

I havent been on the bbs in a couple of days, whats been going on? Im sorry i havent posted it's been a hectic week last night we got to the state championship game and it was cancelled due to weather. We play this friday know so i probalby will be in and out of the bbs till thursday.

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 12:41:42

At 11/10/06 05:26 PM, PowerPrower wrote: Fun times, fun times... XD

yes, i will have to agree, making fun of Jehova's Witnesses, Mormons, and 7th Day Adventists is among on of my more entertaining hobbies.

At 11/10/06 11:23 PM, TheSerf wrote: Also i noticed that the Ng Mafia seemed to be very hated for a fair portion of is life, with many of the mods offside. ANy of the old-timers here wanna give us a history lesson as to why?

well, there are a shitload of reasons on why we were hated. in fact, if you dig deep enough, you will noted that we were officially voted the most hated club on the bbs about 2 years ago.

of course, this all DID start with the fact that in our earliest days, i think our members must have broken every rule in the book, despite the fact that we told them not to (which was the reason that our club was never held responsible), but it goes a lot futher than that.

it mostly had to do with the fact that we were one of the few that openly disagreed with both mods and other veteran ng members and we were not afraid to admit it. there was even a time when we were involved in a huge war with a club that was full of nothing but mods.

however, i think the reason most people hated us is because they never percieved our club as having a 'point' and found the conversation matter in the thread to be pointless and juvenile, but we never ended up folding over and dying, as they hoped so much that we would do.

if you want any more details you can either email me or send me a pm/im. i would be more than happy to fill you in.

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 12:43:44

At 11/11/06 12:25 PM, Boris-4-U wrote:
Now if only we could get one of the admins in here then we'd be rolling.
As if.

Yea that would be nice but what are the chances of that ever happening.

But if we did get a admin what would happen to us then?

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 12:47:09

At 11/11/06 12:25 PM, Boris-4-U wrote:
At 11/11/06 10:03 AM, Snype wrote: Holy shit, MADKNT was in the mafia? Wow, I wasnt expecting that....
You'd be surprised who was once in the Mafia. Can't remember the name but l know one of the mods was once a member here, Wylo also came by the place. Now if only we could get one of the admins in here then we'd be rolling.
As if.

carmilla was once a member here, back in the day (she was our first dame ever)

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 12:48:30

At 11/11/06 12:43 PM, M-to-the-C wrote: Yea that would be nice but what are the chances of that ever happening.

None to...none.

But if we did get a admin what would happen to us then?

If that happened the chances of us ever being locked would decrease, we' d be even more popular and recognizable, not to mention we could finally get a flash going.

At 11/11/06 12:41 PM, Strauss69 wrote: well, there are a shitload of reasons on why we were hated.....

This is one of my favorite stories and l can never get tired of hearing it.
Nice sig message Strauss XD

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 13:43:04

As Prower mentioned Brit, I was giving Serf a few words for a..poem. I should have included it in a larger post though. I apologize. Anyway, The idea of the Mafia being hated sounds,fun. It seems like it would have been exciting to have wars with other clubs. Until, we get locked. Then it gets serious. We should have a page of Mafia history on the site.Thanks Snype for the sig. Yeah, I dont need 40 variations though.

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 13:45:15

Sorry about the above post. That is me,Hitman. I was helping a friend with the whole NG deal. Sorry.

Hey look, clever words

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 13:58:15

Getting Out: Step Thirteen

PenitentTangent and The Serf walked out onto the room. Britkid and Ghanden got to their feet.
"Tangent...", said Britkid. "Your plans? What do you mean?"
"I meant that I can't let you live if I'm going to carry out my plans."
Brit and Ghanden immediately drew their pistols.
"What?! Tangent, I thought you were on our side!!"
"Ha! I'm not part of this battle between you and the capos! It's me against all of you!"
"Dammit Tangent!!", yelled Brit. "It was a mistake! The others set you up!"
"I did everything I could for the goddamn mafia, and what did I get?! Six bullet holes in my chest! Did any of you try to help me?! No!!", screamed Tangent. "I don't give a damn about being set up! The mafia wanted to destroy me, but it failed! It's my turn now, and I'll succeed."
Ghanden and Brit didn't know what to say. Tangent calmed himself down and continued.
"If you two leave here alive, you could ruin everything for me.", he said. "And that's where The Serf comes in."
The two of them redirected their attention to The Serf. He sullenly walked forward.
"You see....This is difficult work for one man.", continued Tangent. "I'll need some help. But it's just a matter of who you can trust....Serf, prove yourself to me. Kill these two."
Before they could react, Serf threw two hidden daggers towards them. Britkid jumped out of the way, but Ghanden was hit on the shoulder, causing him to drop his gun.
"Aaaaugh!!", he screamed. "Why are you doing this Serf?!"
The Serf ran toward Ghanden and Tangent pointed his gun at Brit.
"Why don't we let the kids have their fun while we discuss this like gentlemen?", he asked.
"Why don't you sod off?"
Tangent ran down the staircase and Brit followed him. Meanwhile, Ghanden got back onto his feet and pulled the dagger out of his shoulder. Serf took out another one and thrusted it toward him. Ghanden jumped back and slashed at him. It was no good, the blood loss was making him woozy and his leg still hadn't fully healed.
"Answer me, dammit!!", screamed Ghanden. "Why are you helping him?! What about Fairy?!"
"I'm helping him to help Fairy!!", yelled Serf as he lunged toward him again. "If I kill you two, Tangent will let her live! It's the only way!"
Ghanden backed away from him. His gun was only about six feet away from him. If he could keep The Serf busy, he could grab it.
"There has to be another way!", he said, as he slinked toward it. "I want to save her too! Together, we can do it!"
"Oh, come on! This entire thing's a mess! We can't do anything because we don't know half of what's going on!"
Ghanden was nearly there. He just needed to keep him distracted a bit longer...
"...I have to save her. And I will, no matter who I have to step on!!", yelled The Serf, as he ran toward him again.
Ghanden tried to grab his gun, but Serf tackled him. He wrestled the knife out of his hands and kicked the gun off the side of the building. He stood over Ghanden, knife in hand.
"I'm sorry Ghandi, but this is goodbye."
Ghanden's life flashed before his eyes. He could see himself growing up, finding his first job as a taxi driver, and...joining the mafia. He thought of all his friends...And he remembered: Fairy and Nomad were in trouble, Boris and Charlotte betrayed him, and many others were dead. Something clicked.
Ghanden sprang up and knocked the knife out of The Serf's hands. He hit him with an uppercut to the chin, sending him reeling backwards. The Serf put his fists up to protect his head, but Ghanden launched a series of punches into his stomach. The Serf tumbled backwards further.
Britkid ran back up the staircase and stepped back onto the roof. He saw Ghanden pummeling The Serf. They were dangerously close to the edge.
"Ghandi! Ghandi, stop!!", he yelled.
Ghanden hit Serf with a good right hand. He wobbled onto the edge of the building, beaten senseless. Ghanden suddenly came to his senses. He ran toward The Serf, trying to stop him from falling, but it was too late. He watched as he fell down to the streets below, onto a hotdog cart.
Britkid ran toward Ghanden, who was now on his knees.
"I-I don't believe it...I....", he mumbled.
"You killed The Serf.", said Britkid with a sigh. "It's a shame, really."
"Where's Tangent?", asked Ghanden.
"He got away..."
"Dammit!", cursed Ghanden, as he began to break into tears. "This is just what that son-of-a-bitch wanted! We're tearing ourselves apart!!"
Britkid slapped him.
"Get ahold of yourself man! This is the mafia, not drama class! We'll stop Tangent and save Fairy and Nomad. You're-"
"I know, I know. I'm a horrible mafioso.", said Ghanden, regaining his composure.
"....So you're ready to do what you've got to do?"
"Yeah. Let's kick some ass."
They grabbed their equipment and headed down the stairs.
To be continued...

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 13:59:29

At 11/11/06 01:45 PM, TheHitman14 wrote: That is me,Hitman. I was helping a friend with the whole NG deal. Sorry.

Just make sure he doesn't come in here with spam, if that happens we'll be looking at you.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 14:07:15

Exactly why I am showing him first hand. I dont want him giving me a bad name.

Hey look, clever words

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 14:25:13

At 11/11/06 12:41 PM, Strauss69 wrote: yes, i will have to agree, making fun of Jehova's Witnesses, Mormons, and 7th Day Adventists is among on of my more entertaining hobbies.

Yeah, don't get many around here so that was a first time for me, though it was fun to muck with her head. Now I know how to fully deal with those nutcases when they come up from now on. ;)

At 11/11/06 01:58 PM, GhandenHanden wrote: Getting Out: Step Thirteen

Very action packed with some more betrayal inbetween it all, well done Ghanden. Kept me interested, so I'll fifen you on that one.

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 14:48:58

At 11/11/06 02:07 PM, TheHitman14 wrote: Exactly why I am showing him first hand. I dont want him giving me a bad name.

now how could anyone with the name TheHitman14 have a bad name?

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 14:50:31

At 11/11/06 02:43 PM, PoJoX wrote: I'm sad that nobody noticed my little speech :'(

Took me like, fifteen minutes.

I did. :) Did it really take 15 minutes?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 14:51:09

At 11/11/06 12:37 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: I havent been on the bbs in a couple of days, whats been going on? Im sorry i havent posted it's been a hectic week last night we got to the state championship game and it was cancelled due to weather. We play this friday know so i probalby will be in and out of the bbs till thursday.

whoa hang on CRIMSON ROCKER??? its been so long like christams 2005 my god, how you been? you still have the same sig....wow i have been out a while....

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 14:53:19

At 11/11/06 02:43 PM, PoJoX wrote: I'm sad that nobody noticed my little speech :'(

If you're refering to your 'dirty thoughts speech' then yeah, I saw it. You pretty much are right in every way, and I myself enjoy listening and sometimes giving out a rant or two on occassion. Hell, if I ever get dirty thoughts I just let them go, cause it's fun to have them pop in and such. Not that I'd let them happen or anything, but it's fun just to imagine just what can go down in a situation and can go wrong. XD

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 15:16:36

At 11/11/06 01:58 PM, GhandenHanden wrote: Getting Out: Step Thirteen

WOW.

I hope I win ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 15:17:20

At 11/11/06 02:48 PM, Videogamemaster64 wrote:
At 11/11/06 02:07 PM, TheHitman14 wrote: Exactly why I am showing him first hand. I dont want him giving me a bad name.

Well, it could be the numbers. Or it could be the irony that I am in the Security/Information Departments and not a Hitman or Assassin. Maybe I should change it to Security Man. : )

Hey look, clever words

BBS Signature

Response to NG Mafia 2006-11-11 15:20:31

At 11/11/06 03:17 PM, TheHitman14 wrote:

Well, it could be the numbers. Or it could be the irony that I am in the Security/Information Departments and not a Hitman or Assassin. Maybe I should change it to Security Man. : )

ha ha sounds like a security guard then not AS creepy