00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Djsjwks just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clock Day Winners!

38,926 Views | 134 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:07:17

This is bullshit. The popular vote should have decided. I agree with one or two of the top 5 but the others suck. You shouldn't even have the contest if you do it this way. Movies that did great in the vote didn't even make the top 10. The clocks are just giving their dumbass friends some free gear. Doing a good movie doesn't have anything to do with it.

Maybe you're all too young to get it but when you run contests that appear to be dishonest and arbitrary, the board loses credibility and eventually it just loses.

Fail.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:24:06

Sounds Awesome Fulpeh Boy!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:29:01

At 8/21/09 07:07 PM, flasher2009 wrote: This is bullshit. The popular vote should have decided. I agree with one or two of the top 5 but the others suck. You shouldn't even have the contest if you do it this way. Movies that did great in the vote didn't even make the top 10. The clocks are just giving their dumbass friends some free gear. Doing a good movie doesn't have anything to do with it.

Maybe you're all too young to get it but when you run contests that appear to be dishonest and arbitrary, the board loses credibility and eventually it just loses.

Fail.

It may seem biased, but I'm sure the clocks can tell quality submissions from bland, unoriginal ones. Besides, it's just Clock Day, so don't make a big fuss about it.

:P

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:30:55

At 8/21/09 07:07 PM, flasher2009 wrote: This is bullshit. The popular vote should have decided. I agree with one or two of the top 5 but the others suck. You shouldn't even have the contest if you do it this way. Movies that did great in the vote didn't even make the top 10. The clocks are just giving their dumbass friends some free gear. Doing a good movie doesn't have anything to do with it.

Fail.

You don't seem to understand the Clock Crew very well! There is a big difference between what is considered a good flash by the Newgrounds populace, and what is considered a good CLOCK flash. If popular vote chose the winners, then the winners wouldn't represent the Clock Crew very well. It is called Clock Day because it is a day for Clock flash. If you want a contest designed for Newgrounders instead of Clocks, then participate in Pico Day.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:32:27

At 8/21/09 03:25 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Munglai's was amazing, just as last year. Well deserved 1st place.

I'm disappointed that
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 7578
didn't get anything though.

Me too I really liked that one.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:44:41

Flasher I don't think you understand the concept of "clock day" as opposed to "average NG jackoff day"

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:48:34

wait, i didn't win? this shit is fucking rigged.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 19:52:30

At 8/21/09 07:48 PM, jonthomson wrote: wait, i didn't win? this shit is fucking rigged.

I liked the contrast of the pink and yellow, which brought striking focus onto the subtle yet soul-stirring message of the flash. It spoke to me. I fived it, and I hope the world shall see it and five it as well.

Clock Day Winners!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 21:18:45

At 8/21/09 04:46 PM, Fautzo wrote: how the FUCK did too legit to quit win?!?!?!!?!?!?
Because it's awesome you silly tit.

It was a tracing of a GIF.

that's kinda low in my book.

dude

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 21:31:11

Is it me or are the rewards for this stuff getting worse? I understand the shitty economy and stuff, but store credit, although nice, doesn't really reward the creator. I was hoping I could get my shit together one year and win something to pay for something useless I want, but unless you guys sell butterfly knives in the store I need to come up with another reckless idea.

For my next trick, I will need a condom and a volunteer.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 21:50:12

I thought that [ClockDay09] Running NG by Flashbound18 should be on that list it was very funny http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 7484 if you watch it you will laugh very hard of how stupid the Orange Clock is.

Clock Day Winners!

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 23:42:55

Lots of awesome winning clock day submissions.
Congratulations to all the clock day winners.

Clock Day Winners!

COKEHEAD75

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 23:46:44

At 8/21/09 02:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Congrats to the winners! The next big day is Madness Day, September 22nd!

Sweet. madness day is on my birth day!

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-21 23:57:55

I'm disappointed The Crew Talks Art didn't make the cut.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 00:03:44

There were some pretty excellent stuff. Congrats guys.
Can't compare it to last years though.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 00:18:41

Congrats to all the winners.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 01:03:22

FRUIT deserves to be the winner

bravo

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 01:11:09

At 8/21/09 11:57 PM, sumidiotdude wrote: I'm disappointed The Crew Talks Art didn't make the cut.

It was in the running.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 01:14:35

At 8/21/09 03:20 PM, Oney wrote: life in the portal isnt even on the list. somethings not right there... did those faggots complain or something

HAHAH Let me tell you the story of how Sam T and I pissed of the entire clock crew with that movie...

We got an email from the clock member who made the preloader for this year demanding we take our preloader off of the piece of crap movie we called a clock day movie because it was outright offensive towards the clock crew and was not what a clock day movie was supposed to be like. Tom Fulp said we should since there would be no harm in taking it off, so we changed the pre-loader for tom.

I think it is outright hilarious that the clock crew would be offended when they post all sorts of offensive shit. Then we poke a little fun at them and.. PFTT Ah well xD

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 01:42:06

At 8/22/09 01:14 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 8/21/09 03:20 PM, Oney wrote: life in the portal isnt even on the list. somethings not right there... did those faggots complain or something
HAHAH Let me tell you the story of how Sam T and I pissed of the entire clock crew with that movie...

We got an email from the clock member who made the preloader for this year demanding we take our preloader off of the piece of crap movie we called a clock day movie because it was outright offensive towards the clock crew and was not what a clock day movie was supposed to be like. Tom Fulp said we should since there would be no harm in taking it off, so we changed the pre-loader for tom.

I think it is outright hilarious that the clock crew would be offended when they post all sorts of offensive shit. Then we poke a little fun at them and.. PFTT Ah well xD

I don't think it was that so much as the use of Clock Day as a means to win a contest by offhandedly referencing that Clock Day exists while making a Flash that really has nothing to do with Clocks.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 01:42:30

Well as lovely and misleading as that post is, it's nothing quite so personal as that. That movie just represents pretty much everything tired, trite, and unfunny on newgrounds and I simply didn't want anything I made to be associated with it. I didn't want to call you out on it*, but I find myself compelled to set the record straight so long as you feel the urge to rant about it in an unrelated thread.

:*hence why I asked nicely that you remove it, despite your claim that I demanded it (if you'll recall, I believe I said "Hi sorry to bother you but would you mind removing my preloader from your movie? Thanks in advance.")

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 01:48:10

I'm so glad Munglai won. He deserved it way more last year, but i'm just as glad he won this year.

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 02:56:51

Congrats to all the winners and happy Clock Day. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 03:01:57

Can't wait for the new Madnessss Game <3

Quack!

Woundersplenndin'!

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 04:13:48

I watched a fantastic one earlier, something to do with a clock making a deal with the devil and escaping a hanging, but...
I forgot the name, where I found it.. all that.
Pity...

Cuba 1965

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 05:11:16

awesome congrats to all

I LIKE NINJA'S

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 05:32:03

At 8/22/09 04:13 AM, ComissarGramsci wrote: I watched a fantastic one earlier, something to do with a clock making a deal with the devil and escaping a hanging, but...
I forgot the name, where I found it.. all that.
Pity...

Last year's winner (made by the same guy who made Fruit this year).

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 06:12:31

basically, don't waste your time trying to celebrate these faggots

Those who are fussy don't get no pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 06:15:49

At 8/21/09 02:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: The senior clocks and clock staff have weighed in on their favorite Clock Day submissions. Here are the winners!

Plenty of deseving winners there, but no The Crew Talks Art in sight! Shameful...

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Clock Day Winners! 2009-08-22 07:07:41

congrats :D
I haven't seen any of them :(

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature