00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tkknox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft

49,660 Views | 263 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 18:16:37

At 7/30/09 06:12 PM, Citrina wrote: Here is my design, a mermaid in a glass box. I don't think I'll make it with entering the competition cause I have no color printer within reach, and tomorrow is the last day if I'm not mistaken. Still, I didn't want it to go to waste. Hope you like it.

Good idea.. One of my favourites so far. But so sad..
Great work..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 18:18:34

Here is another fish tank design (I seem to be into glass boxes somehow)

I wanted to make chained-up restrained chick performing a death-defying act sorta thingy, but I got lazy #*_*#

Btw the mermaid is my way to say "Don't kill Ianto Jones!" if anyone watches Torchwood. A weird way but still)))

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 18:18:44

At 7/30/09 06:12 PM, Citrina wrote: Here is my design, a mermaid in a glass box. I don't think I'll make it with entering the competition cause I have no color printer within reach, and tomorrow is the last day if I'm not mistaken. Still, I didn't want it to go to waste. Hope you like it.

That's a shame, it looks like it would have made a great submission. You know, you could print out the template, b&w and hand draw something....

--

I'm happy to see all the participation, people! Keep it up, time is getting short.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 20:21:07

Assembled and ready to kick ass!
Had lots of fun with this contest, great initiative!

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 21:18:33

Pikachu

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 21:23:10

At 7/30/09 09:18 PM, Skankles wrote: Pikachu

Did I inspire that, please tell me I did.

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 21:23:29

Newgrounds doesn't want me to post more right now

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 22:19:53

i have to forfet because i dotn have a camra and my mom went to canada with the only camra today ............. i bet i woulnt have won anyway

keep ur friggen eyelids down

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 22:44:00

Last entry, gotta say this has been fun! I hope there'll be more contests like this in the future, where I don't just have to draw, but get to build things too!

"BAH" | I can draw stuff: My DeviantArt

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-30 22:45:09

At 7/30/09 10:44 PM, TastesLikeBRAAAIINNS wrote: Last entry, gotta say this has been fun! I hope there'll be more contests like this in the future, where I don't just have to draw, but get to build things too!

My last guy is drawn on the Compy, so I gots a template:

"BAH" | I can draw stuff: My DeviantArt

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 06:06:48

At 7/30/09 10:19 PM, gassyturtle wrote: i have to forfet because i dotn have a camra and my mom went to canada with the only camra today ............. i bet i woulnt have won anyway

Stop whining and spell properly, emo :p

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 08:56:21

OH I hope I'm not too late. Here pictures of mine.

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 09:01:03

Wow these people are good. I thought I had somewhat of a chance but I guesse not. Ill add these live picutres of mine anyway.

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 16:15:53

My first submission to newgrounds.
I poured all my creative juices into this.
Its called 6th Dimension. A parallel universe.

Box Unfolded (see for detail)

I hope you guys enjoy it. It was fun making it.

kapew pew kachoo

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 16:31:41

Box Unfolded
for those who cannot see the detail
it includes
yellow nun smoking, the reverse of Creation of Adam by Michelangelo, two Cherubs, dream sequence of Pink Hitler and Peace Corps spreading the world with white flowers, Two eyes, and a big o' pair of rainbow lips.
:D

kapew pew kachoo

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 20:44:23

At 7/30/09 06:56 AM, Jarvid wrote: This got destroyed. I don't want to make another.

What?, it was super'b...

Well... When i saw the template, one of the first ideas i had was to make a clock, so here it is!
I wasn't able to take pics/scan the template at the moment, but i think you can see enough detail on the pics...
Ehr, done with acrylics, water (?), some kind of 'ink'-pen, cardboard, "super-glue", and... a stomach.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-31 23:46:25

At 7/30/09 10:44 PM, TastesLikeBRAAAIINNS wrote: Last entry, gotta say this has been fun! I hope there'll be more contests like this in the future, where I don't just have to draw, but get to build things too!

Totally agreed.
Oh well, here's the 'real' last entry. This red guy is called 'Druwn', he like apples and is actually good at breakdance.
Another 'traditional-acrilyc-thingy' ...no template because i actually finished painting it after building it, but here's some "Bonus material" .

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-01 07:09:28

At 8/1/09 06:47 AM, Otto wrote: Isn't it over, am I too late now? Because I think I've managed to procrastinate my way out, only having done half.

Yeah, time is up for posting entries.

Judging should happen later today. Good luck to everyone who entered! =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-01 12:51:01

O SNAP

I just had an idea for a Katamari-related papercraft.. x3

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-01 15:40:26

the gratest and best , Ares the Lamb!
(hand made on paper , so you can count this as + x (x means enought to win first place) point to work appreciation)
anyway , lame jokes an't help? then look at picture beyond and obbey (turning your head 90 degrees to right)
Pretty good work I think :D , no serriously it was hard.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-01 15:58:59

At 8/1/09 03:40 PM, Klaineks wrote: the gratest and best , Ares the Lamb!
(hand made on paper , so you can count this as + x (x means enought to win first place) point to work appreciation)
anyway , lame jokes an't help? then look at picture beyond and obbey (turning your head 90 degrees to right)
Pretty good work I think :D , no serriously it was hard.

yeah, too bad it is too late,
also too bad they only accept folded entries

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-01 23:59:20

At 8/1/09 03:58 PM, J-qb wrote: also too bad they only accept folded entries

That's true! So anybody who was lazy and didn't show a picture of it folded is out of luck!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 13:57:16

I know it's late and the pictures kind of suck but here it is anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 14:05:36

This is the template I used.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 15:59:43

At 8/1/09 07:09 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
Judging should happen later today. Good luck to everyone who entered! =]

Sorry, we haven't been able to get everyone together, but the contest will be judged ASAP.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 19:28:31

At 8/2/09 03:59 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Sorry, we haven't been able to get everyone together, but the contest will be judged ASAP.

The anticipation is killing me. I don't know if I'll win anything or not, but I still want to see how this turns out!

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 19:35:04

Oh wow, it's over already? Was working on it just a minute ago (after the first one passed away because my hard drive died)

arg, these things need to have a shorter deadline so I don't put off the work I already had done till the last day

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 21:56:14

-==The Winners!==-

1st ($30 in store credit): SukiWukiDookie
2nd ($25 in store credit): Occluded
3rd ($20 in store credit): AwesomeSaurus +1
4th ($15 in store credit): Blue-Toaster
5th ($10 in store credit): KillHammer
6th ($00 in store credit): Copterphant

Unfortunately we only have five prizes to give out, so Copterphant, once again, gets shafted. =[

Great job everyone! Thanks for participating. You may now talk about the winners, but no bitching! >=[

Now go do some art for the Newgrounds Comic Ad Contest.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 22:19:53

At 8/2/09 09:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Great job everyone! Thanks for participating. You may now talk about the winners, but no bitching! >=[

Hrmmphgarrr....
I guess the winners are deserving, but I thought I would get 5th or something.
I suppose its because even though the set was neat, (or so I thought), the contest was still only for 1 papercraft. Plus, Harry Potter is just like a select group of fans.. Oh well, congrats to everyone who won.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-08-02 22:24:44

At 8/2/09 10:19 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Hrmmphgarrr....
I guess the winners are deserving, but I thought I would get 5th or something.
I suppose its because even though the set was neat, (or so I thought), the contest was still only for 1 papercraft. Plus, Harry Potter is just like a select group of fans.. Oh well, congrats to everyone who won.

nah... yours were awesome. I thought you did a great job capturing the characters likenesses! But there were 40 some entries, and unfortunately not everyone can win!!