00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Huffthedragon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft

49,658 Views | 263 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 12:09:20

At 7/19/09 01:40 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 7/19/09 01:36 AM, ZombiePlasticClock wrote: spaghetti14 I must say, I really dislike Harry Potter, but your Ron made me chuckle. Nicely done
Haha, thank you, and everyone can have their HP opinions, that's fine with me.
I think I'll make a Hermione next. :)

Working on a complete set, eh? cool. That was somewhat like my old idea, but I'd use the square tops of the papercrafts to make some SNES sprite or something. but then I found that'll take like a thousand sheets of paper. Again, best of luck

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 14:51:36

Final version of Metal Gear Awesome and Konami's Solid Snake!
Credit on the template.
Pictures feature Snake in low light (stealth mode), bright light, and going undercover in his infamous box!
Good luck everybody!

That, children, should be the definition of badassery.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 14:53:49

At 7/19/09 02:53 PM, Otto wrote: I'll be sure to do this, but first, is there a limit to how many of these we can do?

Nope, go crazy

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 16:43:27

Im giving this one a shot. Mine is called NEWGROUNDS ARTIST STATUE. It took a while to find some of the pics. But yah this is dedicated to newgrounds and all the wonderful artist.
the picture doesent have good quality for some reason. Its not folded.

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 16:49:41

At 7/19/09 04:43 PM, jakex09 wrote: Im giving this one a shot. Mine is called NEWGROUNDS ARTIST STATUE. It took a while to find some of the pics. But yah this is dedicated to newgrounds and all the wonderful artist.
the picture doesent have good quality for some reason. Its not folded.

Why don't you try using something you actually drew?

only original works plz

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 16:53:49

Why don't you try using something you actually drew?

only original works plz

i agree... i mean... it looks good... but a lot of work was put into the others and i don't think anyone would be happy with a quick copy-paste job winning....

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 17:07:19

I made another one that i did draw. Ill post it when i can find my camera.

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 17:21:50

Found my camera! I took pictures of my drawn one. That other one was an expeirement i guess. So here it is!
http://i31.tinypic.com/erc4jk.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/o0z57q.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/b5fg2p.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/24ms77a.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/be63pv.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 17:23:29

At 7/19/09 05:21 PM, jakex09 wrote: Found my camera! I took pictures of my drawn one. That other one was an expeirement i guess. So here it is!

thats really good. i like it. im about to post pics of mine... just got the camera, downloading now. tell me what you think?

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 18:07:42

heres my pics... they kinda suck.. i think im going to take one and post it full size...

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 18:09:14

At 7/19/09 06:07 PM, bayowolfe wrote: heres my pics... they kinda suck.. i think im going to take one and post it full size...

heres one of them full size. i made this after the one tailed junchuriki from naruto.. i think im going to do the nine tailed one too....

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 18:34:39

This thing took like ALL morning! Like 3 or 4 hours!!! i wanted ice cream......so i made something resemble what i really want. The license plate says NWGRNDS on it (it means new grounds)! The flavors of ice cream are stuff like Pico and Tomfulp. Surprisingly, P-bot is driving and alien hominid is dishing out the ice cream . If you didn't notice, there is a dangling ice cream ornament in the back, but you can also see it from the front. I LOVES ME SUM ICE CREAM!!!!!

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 18:38:24

At 7/19/09 05:21 PM, jakex09 wrote: Found my camera! I took pictures of my drawn one. That other one was an expeirement i guess. So here it is!
http://i31.tinypic.com/erc4jk.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/o0z57q.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/b5fg2p.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/24ms77a.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/be63pv.jpg

It's good, but a little blurry. try focusing your camera for the papercraft, not the background. ^^

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 20:30:36

oh okay. Mine is really small too.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-19 23:09:02

Hey, nice contest, it's very 'exploitable', so here's my 1st attempt :) , It's a mental box, i call it 'Nbeg'.
I hope it's not too blurry (if so, i will do another 'session' if i get a better camera),
Ehr...Thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 01:05:14

nice idea. i'm in. i'll be back in a weeks time.

:) Where did you get that?

;) Rule 43!

:( Ok..

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 04:12:49

i wonder what im going to maake

keep ur friggen eyelids down

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 06:28:43

At 7/19/09 11:09 PM, ButzboPrud wrote: if so, i will do another 'session' if i get a better camera..

Yes plz. It looks interesting, but I can't really understand the patterns because of the blurryness.

At 7/19/09 06:34 PM, allycole wrote: This thing took like ALL morning! Like 3 or 4 hours!!! i wanted ice cream......so i made something resemble what i really want........and so on and on.

This looks quite interesting, but I'd appreciate a close-up of it, especially the side with Nene, Pico, Tom aaaannndd....well, I can't really read out who the others are.

*cringe* You are supposed to have the papercraft in focus, not the background!

As much of an ass I felt like when telling others to make better pictures, I can't help but wonder why so few newgrounders seem to know how to use the focus function.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 13:41:50

Goddamit my hard drive died and I lost the nearly finished outline I did last night.

From what I'm seeing, this contest is turning into how decent you are at taking photos. If you don't have that great of a camera, make sure you're taking the photos outside so you're getting the best light possible.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 18:05:50

At 7/20/09 06:28 AM, Re2deemer wrote: Yes plz. It looks interesting, but I can't really understand the patterns because of the blurryness.

Hey, thanks for pointing that! , i got a decent camera on my hands, so now you can see a little more detail.
Also, here's the Template

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 20:40:14

Here's mine. Ol' Solid Snake in a box. Literally. Enjoy.

With a nice background.

TAGS: Papercraft

Ich bin Mr. Reevers!

I OWN you all. Period.

BBS Signature

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 21:27:12

Here is the final addition, Hermione.
This one didn't take as long because at this point, I've had practice making them.
Here's the high quality version in the art portal.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 21:28:45

I HAVE COMPLETED THE TRIO.
They are all done.
Harry, Ron, and Hermione have been finished, and they look fantabulous in my opinion.
I spent an overall total of probably 8-12 hours on these, on and off, I am a slow worker, but that's ok.
Here's the big version of them, as it is a lot higher quality.
This makes me happy.
I hope I get in the top rankings, not just for the stuff, but because I worked really hard on them.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-20 21:40:56

At 7/20/09 09:28 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: I HAVE COMPLETED THE TRIO.

Those came out really good, nicely done.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-21 15:20:32

Hmm ... not sure , mine is hand draw on paper so it look's not so impressive as other made , but I'll give a shot....
Castle Crasher as doggy style :D
And he says :
I'll eat you , but will start from your socks.
Rrrrrrr..... Woof woof!
(and from now on when I've created that monster I can't find any socks :,{ )
P.S.: Long waited and never shown (Even Dan Paladin didn't dare to make it :D )
THE BUTT of Castle Crasher (Yuo know you love it :D)

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-21 15:26:52

At 7/21/09 03:20 PM, Klaineks wrote: Hmm ... not sure , mine is hand draw on paper so it look's not so impressive as other made , but I'll give a shot....
Castle Crasher as doggy style :D
And he says :
I'll eat you , but will start from your socks.
Rrrrrrr..... Woof woof!
(and from now on when I've created that monster I can't find any socks :,{ )
P.S.: Long waited and never shown (Even Dan Paladin didn't dare to make it :D )
THE BUTT of Castle Crasher (Yuo know you love it :D)

By the way , I've made other at same day , he's even better but looks poor when photos I've saw , hope you going to like it, I've made it something in David Firth style (Yeah , his creativity made an impress) , anyway here's the photo list (It's list because small photos look poor) :

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-21 15:29:32

here's the other one...

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-21 15:35:18

At 7/21/09 03:29 PM, Klaineks wrote: here's the other one...

And other

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-21 15:37:58

" It's a me,Mario! "

My try at this contest,a paper version will be done as soon as I get home.

Response to [contest] Win, Lose, Papercraft 2009-07-21 15:52:53

No offense buddies but it looks like reaneane made best papercraft, we'll never get over it :D
P.S.: Sorry for big photos in forum , haven't readed rules.