00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Never-Ending Journey 2

35,737 Views | 413 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-23 23:06:16

I agree wholeheartedly with MeMB.

Zoidz
The purpose for this thread is to have fun, not just to draw highly masterpiece pictures. You are only doing that just to start shit, and just to make me pissed. So, if you want to start shit, do it somewhere else, please.

He only mentioned art quality once, and he said it was for the most part alright. He's talking about the random story that has no coherent flow. And I don't think he's saying this just to "start shit." From what I gather (and I may be wrong, I'm not a mind reader), he would genuinely like this thread to progress, but with much higher expectations than the masses of this thread.

Dexter
man,you really bounced back at us there.whilst you are correct about this,you didn't have to be so mean about it.
but yes,you are right.so bassically,you think we're all fucking it up?well,im still contributing anyway...

If mean is what it takes. As you may or may not know, I play the trumpet and I've had lessons with numerous college professors. My best lessons are the ones where they say nothing nice and only tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to improve. I improve later because I take their advice, rather than just hating their guts and ignoring them. That's exactly the kind of advice MeMB gave. He was straight to the point. Rather than allowing it to construct you guys, you are all getting pissed and blabber mouthing about how he's trying to "cause trouble." He's trying to help you guys.

...i do contribute here to help improve on my art skills,but the other main reason is because its alot of fun.

I don't think you contribute to help your art skills, or if you are, you're doing it kinda wrong. Throughout this whoooole thread (and the previous one) you have drawn all your characters exactly the same. With no visible improvement. Try to think outside the box. Be risky with your drawings. If you wanna improve on anything, you can't keep repeating what you've always done, because it just won't get you better. With the next person you draw, I dare you to draw in a different style with your next post. Make your next drawing not have that huge blocky head with the cartoony eyes. Trust me, if you try new things, you'll improve 10 times as fast. This isn't deriding your cartoon style, but I'm sure you would like to improve faster than you are. This is how.

And as for, "It's a lot of fun," that goes for the thread's regulars. As you saw, I jumped into this thread about halfway in it, right after the bacon beast. Well, I reeeeally had to force myself to draw a picture because I just didn't like where this thread was going. In fact, the only reason I joined was because I was bored as hell. But now that I've drawn a few pictures, I'm having some fun with it. But that's just it. I had to force myself to have fun with it, because the thread is a mess, and I can guarantee I'm not having as much fun as you guys. Is it because I'm a sourpuss? NO! It's because the regs on this thread do not sense the turd that this thread is becoming and everyone else does. My only hypothesis is that this is because the regs are mostly 13 year olds who might not be able to detect the over-random plot which is killing this thread.

Long story short, you guy's random plot which you find fun is kinda killing the fun for everyone else. What I would like would for this thread to end up as a quality story that I could read even after the thread is over. But at this rate, it's becoming a very uninteresting story. As said many times, the first page of NEJ was pretty darn good. Not all the drawings were great, and that JamesB fellow kept forcing himself in like a dummy, but it was a nice story that kinda died right about when the nuclear bomb went off on page 2.

Ok, I'm done.

Here's a picture.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-23 23:50:29

At 7/23/09 11:06 PM, CefyJr wrote: I agree wholeheartedly with MeMB.

Wow! Well you left me with no words to say. Both MeMB and you, I will support you. And Yup its true that this story its kinda dying, well I think because there´s nothing more interesting to do here. There´s no point or theme on this Story to keep following it. In 4 days the average of someone will post something has decreased very much, like 40%. I Really also love this stories but somethines it comes a time were this gets blocked by being just bored, and needs some improves so it becomes more interesting, but one of the big problems is that they dont never know what to add.

MeMB I know your style of being might be mean, But it seems that you really know about this, I hope if you ever have a chance of doing a thread like these, please ask us just to understand more what are you drying to say, and learn more about your ideas. I took bad about "Dumbass pokemon", There is a reason of why i did, and i whished people know about it, but i will try to keep this in my mind not here.

CefyJr You know about Improving Stuff, If you ever have a chance to teach me , i would be thankful. You really know and Explain What MeMB is trying to say, and Yup is true that we are forced to have fun. I have been trying to Know new ideas of how to introduce a character properly. I mean i really didnt like how my character Appeared from the nothing and not step by step. I am trying to Understand about it, but still no Clues. I would really enjoy how to make an story interesting.

As for The others, Lets better listen to these Guys, we can just ignore them, they know how to do this stuff. Just look some of their drawings, They know how to make them interesting. MeMB might said it in an aggresive way, Even for me, But i have accepted it. I really need to grow up, think better and improve in Mind and art,Of my way of being anf thinking. Also, Unfortunately Newgrounds Might be Full of people that just like to annoy (No offense, bit its true), and that might block our way to improve, But we just need how to teach them the good way, in any form possible

MeMB, CefyJr, Thanks

Life with an Eternal Headache

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-24 00:54:58

wow, yeah, I realized MeMB is right.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-24 05:31:29

Yup, I think everyone's got the idea now, so it's about time we all knuckle-down and start drawing again, otherwise we'll probably end up being pressured by a mod for having too much talk and not enough pics.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-24 05:32:12

Dave, in your last pic, you forgot that BG is a robot. And has a robotic face.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-24 05:44:44

At 7/24/09 05:32 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Dave, in your last pic, you forgot that BG is a robot. And has a robotic face.

I wasn't the first one to forget that.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-24 10:33:43

Haha, looking back on some of the comments I was going to reply again, but CefyJr said everything I wanted to say. Thanks for that!

And he's right, I do say this to help. I could probably be more like Cefy and try to help you without acting like an ass, it would probably be alot more friendly and becoming, but it's just too much fun to rant at people.

The point is, Cefy and I would like to see a nice, funny and compelling story. Think the early pages of TNEJ, where the story got funnier with every post. It was random, but also funny. This is just random, you know?

Anyway, I think most of you get the point now. I won't bother you with my rants anymore. If the story picks up I might even contribute a picture or two.

Oh and one more thing: DAMNIT WHY IS THE BIG BLACK DUDE NOT NAKED?! >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-25 15:06:57

For God fucking sakes.

The reason I put this thread here for the fun, since I like the art story genre. In my opinion, I never even seen this thread as a (Like a MeMB said) "shitfest". So what if it's random? Sometimes random is fun, it doesn't have to be a plot like "So there I was", take "A story including you 2" as an example, the plot is about the protagonist, a robot, a test object, Hank from Madness Combat, etc. going on a trip to New York, but suddenly got hijacked by Bin Laden, which crash into a skyscraper containing a a villain with half of his face burned, and a female that has super powers by using a Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It is just me, or is that random? And "The Huge House Adventure" is another example.

CefyJr, You do have some points, but if you double check on MeMB's post, he wasn't trying to help this thread improve at all, he was just whining and complaining about how this thread "sucks" and how TNEJ is a "shitfest".

MeMB, I used to thought you had a good side, but now you're starting to be pessimist, especially on letting me down on my own thread.

Zelldoom, I know you agree with the two, and I do care about you, but you're also have realized that MeMB isn't helping this thread at all.

At 7/23/09 07:47 AM, MeMB wrote: Zoidz, your pale kid is a completely boring character and the shittiest protagonist to ever crawl from someone's imagination. You cannot build a story with such a boring character.

Does, it matter if Zoidz is a shitty and boring protagonist? I doesn't have to be an important one. I made Zoid in this thread, because I enjoy him when I created his last year, so it doesn't completely matter if he is boring to you. That's just you opinion on him, not anyone else's.

angryglacier's bio, and Zelldoom's character.

Same as I said above.

I was actually thinking of making a storythread myself. A proper story thread, that is. With a good protagonist and a good starting point. But I kept postponing it and then I left for vacation. I guess this spamfest beat me to it. I'll just wait for this to collapse in on itself or for a mod to lock it, again.

I did not make this thread just to compete with your other upcoming art story thread. You are free to make one yourself, but it's a competition between that and the TNEJ, so don't get idea about it.

Okay, I am done talking, but next time no I don't want to see anymore complaints about how TNEJ2 "sucks", If you nothing nice to say about it, then keep it to yourself, please.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-25 15:27:56

At 7/25/09 03:18 PM, Dexter3000 wrote: So uh...are you drawing the next picture Zoidz?

Well, I guess I can do the next scene, since I never did one in a while.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-25 18:35:55

At 7/25/09 03:06 PM, Zoidz wrote:
The reason I put this thread here for the fun, since I like the art story genre. In my opinion, I never even seen this thread as a (Like a MeMB said) "shitfest". So what if it's random? Sometimes random is fun, it doesn't have to be a plot like "So there I was", take "A story including you 2" as an example, the plot is about the protagonist, a robot, a test object, Hank from Madness Combat, etc. going on a trip to New York, but suddenly got hijacked by Bin Laden, which crash into a skyscraper containing a a villain with half of his face burned, and a female that has super powers by using a Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It is just me, or is that random? And "The Huge House Adventure" is another example.

Am I getting this right that you are setting your standards of story telling to the Huge House Adventure? Now, I never posted in that thread, but I saw it, and it was a HORRIBLE story thread. Tons of random pictures with no flow of a story, all horrible 1 minute pictures, and countless unneeded characters... BLEH! But, then again, I've never really SEEN a story thread that turned out to my ideal expectation. Raise the bar, man. There is no need to look on past art story threads and base the quality of your story on THOSE pieces of garbage. Forget them and make a good story. But, if you really want to base it off of anything, I think Epic Quest is turning out to be pretty darn funny.

CefyJr, You do have some points, but if you double check on MeMB's post, he wasn't trying to help this thread improve at all, he was just whining and complaining about how this thread "sucks" and how TNEJ is a "shitfest".

It kinda is.

Does, it matter if Zoidz is a shitty and boring protagonist?

Wait... Why on earth wouldn't it matter?

I doesn't have to be an important one. I made Zoid in this thread, because I enjoy him when I created his last year, so it doesn't completely matter if he is boring to you. That's just you opinion on him, not anyone else's.

He is kinda boring. I wouldn't say he's shitty like MeMB, but he doesn't make you care about him much. And keep in mind, we're making a story. It does matter what others think about it, because what's the point in making a story if nobody want's to read it, right?

Oh, and guys, we don't need 10 imageless posts before another picture. I'm fine with this whole discussion we're having, but it doesn't have to interfere with the drawings, right? (Dexter, I'm kinda pointing at you.)

I'M DONE (Again)

Alright, this was just a blatant exuse to draw a revamped version of Verrükt, but here, let me tie it in somehow.

The gang was going all bananas with this little guy beating on the Giant-No-Longer-Naked-Half-Robot-Black-G uy.
"FISHY FISHY FISH FISH FISH!"
They were all in gracious relief when the little tyke finally stopped. He looked up and started mumbling a bit. The gang then heard the sound of lil' Fishbourne's hover board. Verrükt wasn't just staring off into space, he heard the hover board. And he didn't mean "fish," he meant "fishbourne!" He then started up again.

"FISH FISH FISH FISHITTY FISH FISH FISH FISH FISHYFISHY FISH FISH!"

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-25 18:46:32

And that is why my art blows ass.

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-25 19:15:52

Didn't know there was already a scene, since I was working on my own. But I will put it up anways, since CefyJr's doesn't affect mine.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-25 21:49:35

Then, Verrükt started to stare at Zoid. Then, his eyes widened, like he was in major shock. He then jump on top of the bedroom drawing, pointing at the pale, while his whole hand was shaking very fast.

"You..." The mysterious creature began to say. By that, Zoid started to become very confused.

Also, please don't start a argument again next time. This thread was actually was going really fine, until this little argument began...

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 01:26:35

working on teh neckst

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 11:16:35

It's completely lost it's pace, we used to cover the amount of stuff done in 3 days in 1 day
it's pretty stupid

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 12:14:41

I'll do one now.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 12:29:48

Zoidz, come on. Open your eyes. I'm sure you're all having fun drawing this, but it's really not fun to read. The first pages of TNEJ literally had me laughing at my PC, but this is just not funny. It's not like one character or one artist is to blame, it's the sum of parts. Contrary to what you may believe, an interesting protagonist is important. Do you think Batman would've been such a hit if Batman was a pale white kid without any background or traits? Hell no.

Again, I'm not saying this to annoy you or to bring your thread down. I know you didn't make this thread to compete with mine, because mine isn't made yet and you couldn't have known I was going to make it. And frankly, I don't care either.

But anyway, if I disappointed you by being honest and trying to help you, tough shit. I don't want to continue this argument because it doesn't seem like you understand what Cefy and I try to say. I'll probably be lurking on this thread every now and then in the hopes of seeing something funny again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 13:26:01

Junior opens Fire!

P.S, ten points to whoever spots the recurring joke first!

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 14:00:19

At 7/26/09 01:26 PM, TheDaveAngle wrote: Junior opens Fire!

P.S, ten points to whoever spots the recurring joke first!

OOOH OOOH! Pick me!

Is it "My ass?"

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 14:01:49

YES! ten points for you!

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 15:03:59

At 7/26/09 11:16 AM, fishboy121 wrote: It's completely lost it's pace, we used to cover the amount of stuff done in 3 days in 1 day
it's pretty stupid

Quantity matters not, boy. If there are just tons of pictures being posted really fast, odds are they're not gonna be that good.

With lil' Fishbourne opening fire, Giant-Black-Guy's thin clothes stood no chance. His clothes were quickly ripped to shreds.
His vest was forced upon him after being arrested for public exposure. The vest was the only thing keeping him from more punishment from the authorities. But, now that it was off, he felt free again. He remembered the feeling of the sun against his muscles, the morning dew tickling at his feet, and the swift breeze caressing his ball sack. He was motivated. Ready to fight.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 16:34:15

At 7/26/09 03:03 PM, CefyJr wrote: Stuff.

Naked-Black-Guy returns for justice!

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 16:46:04

At 7/26/09 04:37 PM, Dexter3000 wrote:
At 7/26/09 04:34 PM, Zoidz wrote:
At 7/26/09 03:03 PM, CefyJr wrote: Stuff.
Naked-Black-Guy returns for justice!
Epic senses...tingling!

i'll draw something tommorow,im going to bed.

You must live in the UK, don't you? It's 4:46 here!

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 18:10:17

Suddenly a beam of some kind slammed into Earth, exactly at the location of our heroes. It turned out to be a tractor beam, sucking Zoid and the big black guy away from Earth. Where are they heading, and what is this mysterious beam?

Pic 1 of 2

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 19:43:44

I reallyhope this doesn't have anything to do with giant metallic penises.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 20:04:08

No worries there.

Zoid and the big black guy were beamed into a spaceship orbiting around Earth. They were greeted by a mysterious robot.

"Hello Arnold and Zoid, I am a robotic space pirate and I beamed you up here to make you part of my crew. I've observed your many talents.", the robot droned.

"Wait, is that naked black guy's name really Arnold?", Zoid thought. But he could not ponder about this too long, as the two of them were soon thrown into a dark holding cell to think about the robotic pirate's proposition. Zoid peered through the jail window at planet Earth, asking himself whether this would be the last time he would see it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 20:05:55

Oh thank god.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-26 21:58:08

At 7/26/09 08:04 PM, MeMB wrote: Stuff.

I know we had some arguments, but I appreciate you contributing to this thread. :)

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-27 06:38:18

At 7/27/09 03:11 AM, Dexter3000 wrote:
At 7/26/09 08:04 PM, MeMB wrote: No worries there.
by the way,can i just ask,what happened to Dan,Dexter and Bob?

They're still on Earth, but I thought we could start a new storyline with an actual goal and clean up the line-up while we're at it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-27 23:59:29

After a poor night's sleep, Zoidz woke up. He never forgot that he was in a space ship, but he was still discombobulated when he woke up. Within seconds of waking up, his cell opened and a robot came in, grabbed him, and transported him into a large, empty room. He was relatively pleased to see Giant Black Guy standing alone in the room. The robot quickly dropped Zoidz next to Giant Black Guy and turned to face them both.
"YOUR TRAINING WILL NOW COMMENCE. AS NEWLY RECRUITED PIRATES, IT IS REQUIRED FOR YOU TO BE PREPARED FOR ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOUR DAILY TRAINING WILL BEGIN EVERY MORNING AROUND THE EQUIVALENT OF YOUR EARTHLING 6:00.

WE WILL BEGIN WITH SOME STRETCHES TOUGH BY RICHARD SIMMONS."

Yes, the protagonist pair weren't the only ones abducted... The pirates also snatched world-famous fitness guru, Richard Simmons.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature