00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asieks084 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Never-Ending Journey 2

35,701 Views | 413 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-16 11:57:57

Dan won't go down without a fight....

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-16 12:05:19

Any reason why?

Waitin for meh tablet to arrive!!!

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-16 12:17:12

At 7/16/09 11:57 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Dan won't go down without a fight....

why don't you always put colour into your submissions? it gets more impact.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-16 14:02:30

At 7/16/09 12:17 PM, TheDaveAngle wrote:
At 7/16/09 11:57 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Dan won't go down without a fight....
why don't you always put colour into your submissions? it gets more impact.

I feel, that people focus more on the coloured bits, so i often only colour the important parts, if not detail them better.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-16 17:12:45

Did a poster. It's got a serious-anime vibe.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-16 22:05:57

At 7/16/09 05:12 PM, TheDaveAngle wrote: Did a poster. It's got a serious-anime vibe.

I love it, Dave. It does have a anime-like theme to it.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 00:12:28

Verrükt is a reclusive madman, perhaps as insane as a man could get. He is both fast and erratic in battle and movement, though lacking in strength. Verrükt always wears heavily layered clothing with some scraps of cloth he found, and he almost always speaks gibberish, or speaks in a random language, only rarely talking in enlglish, although even with this he just spews out nearly incomprehensible sentences. He has actually shown to be extremely intelligent at times, building complex and useful contraptions of mere junk, and can find a way out of any situation given a proper amount of time.

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 00:40:42

Did something Zoidz... You knew it would happen...

Life with an Eternal Headache

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 00:49:36

At 7/17/09 12:21 AM, angryglacier wrote: I'm going to do the next one (trust me this time I won't take TOO long)

Woops... sorry didnt knew someone was here, too..

Either way, Zoidz i had to modify a little the bad shadow guy, Oh and if now one knows who he is, Check out The Never-Ending Journey 1

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 02:56:01

At 7/17/09 02:49 AM, angryglacier wrote: Here it is:
The man with the large jacket will be headed towards the hero's, epic fight may appear.

I assume thats Dan, and i like where this is going.

But, whats in the second panel?

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 03:34:41

At 7/17/09 02:56 AM, daniel123297 wrote: I assume thats Dan, and i like where this is going.

But, whats in the second panel?

Are you sure? He Seems to have My character Jacket, Which is Dark gray, He just added another Brown one. Or Might be Angry Glacier Character.

Please Angry Glacier, Explain...

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 07:11:15

Player 2 has entered the game.

Yay!

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 13:25:18

At 7/17/09 08:59 AM, Dexter3000 wrote:
At 7/17/09 08:42 AM, Dexter3000 wrote:

great job.i'll have dibs on the next drawing if thats ok.
Actually someone else can,im busy.

Okay, I will do the next scene.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 15:33:17

While holding Henry Jr. by his leg, Zoid saw his and the gang's van in flames. In a few seconds the van suddenly burst into a huge explosion, that it could be heard from a few mile away. When the explosion disappeared all their was left was a bunch of debris near the tunnel of the road. Now, what's going to be the gang's transportation now?

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 15:33:45

At 7/17/09 01:25 PM, Zoidz wrote:

so is he in?

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 15:35:54

At 7/17/09 03:33 PM, Falconpunchr wrote:
At 7/17/09 01:25 PM, Zoidz wrote:

so is he in?

Definately, he sounds like a useful character.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 16:01:48

I'm a bit confused about the whereabouts of Verrükt the jawa guy. Explanation anyone?

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 18:10:46

At 7/17/09 03:33 PM, Zoidz wrote: While holding Henry Jr. by his leg, Zoid saw his and the gang's van in flames. In a few seconds the van suddenly burst into a huge explosion, that it could be heard from a few mile away. When the explosion disappeared all their was left was a bunch of debris near the tunnel of the road. Now, what's going to be the gang's transportation now?

Leave me the next scene, I know what we can do with The Little Guy >:D ,and how you can transport

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 19:45:26

So after fighting with the bacon:

1-The team Surrounded Henry, so he couldnt escape, he feld terrified.

2-The team All covered by the bacon´s blood, starded to aski him questions about his father and what did he wanted with zoidz.

3-As Henry was trying to find a way to escape, he look up in the sky and Found a some kind of Helicopter (those that comes with machine guns, missles, etc.), And Knew that Helicopter Was of His Father, So he said. "Look over there, My father Will Kill you all!!!"

So yup, Done by MSpaint in 2 hours. Kinda good, Thanks for my tablet. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 19:54:57

I will do the next scene, I have something good up my sleeve for this chapter.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-17 22:15:35

At 7/17/09 07:45 PM, Zelldoom wrote:
3-As Henry was trying to find a way to escape, he look up in the sky and Found a some kind of Helicopter (those that comes with machine guns, missles, etc.), And Knew that Helicopter Was of His Father, So he said. "Look over there, My father Will Kill you all!!!"

Then all of a sudden, the helicopter, containing Henry Fishbounre Senior inside, shot two big missile, which zoomed very fast, getting toward to the gang. Zoid had to think of something fast, before he gets hit by the missles.

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 00:38:36

At 7/17/09 10:55 PM, angryglacier wrote:

With good story telling, you never give a whole character bio before the character even has time to develop. Nobody will be interested in a guy who you just threw in and gave cool attributes. There is no need for a bunch of characters who we know everything about, because then the journey is just mindless wandering that doesn't leave any question. When you simply throw in a character just so you can throw in a character, it kinda dumbs down the story.

You may say, "It's just a fun story, no need for perfect story telling," but continuing the actions of throwing in mounds of pointless characters leaves the whole thing to be a jumbled mess of people who don't contribute to the plot, utterly ruining the story as a whole. This leaves nothing to imagination of people wanting to contribute, driving away numerous possible contributors, leaving the thread with about 4 regular posters who keep throwing in new characters and elementary plots. Hence why hardly any art forum regulars post pictures for this thread. It has been soiled by people shamelessly promoting their characters.

Sorry to suddenly respond to you. It's not just you, but you happened to be the last post and you happened to just post a detailed bio. But I really hope you learn from this post and don't take it as an insult.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 02:54:31

Dan goes link style on the missiles, but it doesn't go to plan.

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 04:25:00

At 7/18/09 04:09 AM, Dexter3000 wrote: Just after Dan had destroyed one of the missles,which then duplicated into 3 smaller missles,one of the missles dropped on the ground and grew arms and legs.what was it going to do?

Technical difficulties!

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 04:48:24

At 7/18/09 04:25 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Technical difficulties!

The Funny thing is that its true, My character has also danced Caramelldansen, Look at my first Flash XD!

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 05:02:57

At 7/18/09 04:48 AM, Zelldoom wrote:
At 7/18/09 04:25 AM, daniel123297 wrote: Technical difficulties!
The Funny thing is that its true, My character has also danced Caramelldansen, Look at my first Flash XD!

What's Caramelldansen?

Seriously, what is it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 06:58:31

Okay I'm throwing another shot into the mix now.

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 08:06:41

One of the missles locks onto BG, thinking their all just dancing robots, he catches it in mid-flight. BUT HE WAS WRONG!

Is BG alive, wounded or dead!?

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 08:19:06

At 7/18/09 08:06 AM, TheDaveAngle wrote: One of the missles locks onto BG, thinking their all just dancing robots, he catches it in mid-flight. BUT HE WAS WRONG!

Is BG alive, wounded or dead!?

OH MY.

PLOT TWIISST.

Also, my true drawing skills are revealed! (To a degree.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Never-Ending Journey 2 2009-07-18 12:43:15

At 7/18/09 04:18 AM, angryglacier wrote:
At 7/18/09 12:38 AM, CefyJr wrote:
At 7/17/09 10:55 PM, angryglacier wrote:
Big stuff
Thank's I just wanted to originally put a character bio out there so people don't use the character like "HEY GUY'S I GOT'S A ZAPPY GUN THATLL STOP THEM *fires omega lazer*" but I went overboard and kept putting things on, but don't worry this guy has a bigger past than I mentioned.

Sorry, I wanted to get my whole point across in one message, but I don't think I did. Might be just because I was tired and writing sloppy or something. But anyway, i think your missing the point. So, know that the last thing I want to do is flood this thread with blabbering on about how things should be done, so I'll try to get this all across in this message. So, prepare for wall of text.

By saying that you don't want people to use the character in so-and-so way, you have destroyed the point of a "pass the story" game. You aren't supposed to create a character and make him exactly how you want him. These kind of games are when you get out of your comfort zone and let other people control the character you created (If you even create a character, which is often unnecessary). It is also when YOU can control other characters. It's ok to just progress the story without adding a character. It prevents stories from becoming a jumbled mess.

See, here's a secret. You are the only one who cares about your character. End of story. When all you do is draw things of characters that you made (And I just skimmed through the entire thread, and that is ALL YOU DID), that character becomes yours, and nobody is interested in him. But, when you start drawing characters that others draw, it's your chance to alter their character, making them more interesting. Notice the Zoidz character has been drawn and controlled by many people. That's why he's much more interesting than the numerous generic characters that only one person controls. I'm really having a hard time trying to convey what I mean, so sorry if I'm not making sense.

I suppose my main point is, a story with about 3-4 in-depth characters is much more interesting than a story with 10 uninteresting characters.

Now, the reason I'm ragging on you guys is because I like these threads, and when played out smart, they can actually be pretty good stories. It just pains me to see these stories filled with generic, uninteresting characters and plots. I also think that this thread would have much more skilled contributors if you guys would be smart with your posts.

Honestly, I'll shut up now. I didn't mean to drag this on for two posts, but I think it's important (as far as story threads go). Heck, I might post a picture in here, too.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature