00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pippooooooooooo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,652,101 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-20 16:35:53

At 3/20/13 03:52 PM, VJF wrote: Has anyone else recently lost medal points (again)? I leave with 163,360, and come back home and have 163,125. What is wrong with the system! First I don't get the points the medals are supposed to give me, then I lose medal points for no reason. Getting sick of this.

The scores SHOULD be up to date now. There was a bug with the medal removal stuff that was allowing the same medal to be removed multiple times. I had to repair scores for valid medals, but there were some records in the database with negative points, which made some scores look way lower than they should be. Those are cleaned up now, and new games seem to be applying points properly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-20 16:57:45

At 3/20/13 04:35 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 3/20/13 03:52 PM, VJF wrote: Has anyone else recently lost medal points (again)? I leave with 163,360, and come back home and have 163,125. What is wrong with the system! First I don't get the points the medals are supposed to give me, then I lose medal points for no reason. Getting sick of this.
The scores SHOULD be up to date now. There was a bug with the medal removal stuff that was allowing the same medal to be removed multiple times. I had to repair scores for valid medals, but there were some records in the database with negative points, which made some scores look way lower than they should be. Those are cleaned up now, and new games seem to be applying points properly.

Thanks PG. Sorry to bitch about the points and stuff so much. Just disappointing when you get home and lose points or don't get the ones you should, lol.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-20 17:03:44

At 3/20/13 09:58 AM, MatthewF wrote: The medal system appears to be working fine for me and I am getting all the medal points added to my score.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613269
Does anyone know the Dead Paradox, Yeah, Supa Sumba Pawdy, and only 5$ each medals?

I tried clicking on most if not all the interviews

I clicked on all of them to get all the medals. You probably missed some of them.
Just click on certain interviews to get medals. No tricks involved.
(I don't remember how I got these medals exactly :x)

Also, 2nd medal in this game got fixed:

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-20 18:10:37

At 3/20/13 01:26 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/20/13 12:13 PM, Ray80 wrote: New, all medal work:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613317
Anyone know how to get the Uranium medal in this one?

You have to click on the blue orb in Ganondorf's room.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 01:07:35

I just finished Utopian Mining. Unfortunately, Newgrounds went down earlier today, and some of the medals did not save, and only the "Rich Robot" was resent. Anyone know how to resend the other ones, preferably without starting over?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 12:06:59

Can somebody help me with the "The Bees Justin..." and the "To Mod, Or Not To Mod?" medals, they're the only ones I haven't got (them and the ones for amounts of views but I obviously don't need help with those).

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 12:08:43

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 12:29:32

At 3/21/13 12:06 PM, Decky wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613269
Can somebody help me with the "The Bees Justin..." and the "To Mod, Or Not To Mod?" medals, they're the only ones I haven't got (them and the ones for amounts of views but I obviously don't need help with those).

I'm pretty sure they are Bees and Goryblizzard.

Do you by any chance know the OrsppA medal?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 12:29:44

At 3/21/13 12:06 PM, Decky wrote: Can somebody help me with the "The Bees Justin..." and the "To Mod, Or Not To Mod?" medals, they're the only ones I haven't got (them and the ones for amounts of views but I obviously don't need help with those).

I also had just two or three left that I couldn't figure out, so I followed Shantom's advice and just clicked them all. It's a working tactic. ;) Looking back it might've been useful to note the names...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 13:38:09

At 3/21/13 12:29 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: I'm pretty sure they are Bees and Goryblizzard.

"The Bees Justin..." isn't Bees but "To Mod, Or Not To Mod" was Goryblizzard.

Do you by any chace know the OrsppA medal?

Appsro (it was just backwards for the medal name) :).

Anybody else think they know who "The Bees Justin..." is?

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 14:28:04

At 3/21/13 01:38 PM, Decky wrote: Anybody else think they know who "The Bees Justin..." is?

It's HappyHarry (#4)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 14:57:06

At 3/21/13 02:28 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: It's HappyHarry (#4)

...and that is me with all of the medals for that game, thanks mate.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 18:34:01

New Medal Game:

Played it and beat it twice, but the medal didn't work.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-21 18:57:56

At 3/21/13 06:34 PM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613442
Played it and beat it twice, but the medal didn't work.

Same here. PM'ed him about it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 04:50:16

Working on an update to my program for more statistics and a complete game listing (meaning finding games that even Nijsse hasn't gotten medals for :P). It looks like these are the current overall statistics: 15,701 medals; 383,290 points (not counting some secret medals -- I can't think of any efficient way to find the values for those when they're not in my initial data); 1,702 games with medals.

I'll try to get the new version up soon, since it's way more fun than schoolwork. Or sleeping, apparently. And after that I still have a lot more I can do with it. I'm currently working with Shantom on solving a bug where the file won't save, but let me know if you have any problems with it or other suggestions. Thanks~

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 06:20:29

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 07:18:57

At 3/22/13 04:50 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Working on an update to my program for more statistics and a complete game listing (meaning finding games that even Nijsse hasn't gotten medals for :P). It looks like these are the current overall statistics: 15,701 medals; 383,290 points (not counting some secret medals -- I can't think of any efficient way to find the values for those when they're not in my initial data); 1,702 games with medals.

Thanks for all the work, I haven't really had time to check it out, but I definitely will. As for the statistics, they are very surprising to me. Sure it's been a while since I last did a complete backtrace (consequences will never be the same!), but 80 games with working medals that I haven't played sure is a lot. It seems even more unlikely I'm missing over 1200 working medals. There are still quite a few broken medals out there, but still, I seems like I've been lazy.

One point though, how does your program calculate those stats? If you look at your medal wall, that are a few games with some weird stats. For instance, Space Pizza Defense. It says: Medals Earned: 12/13 (40/340 points), yet there are only 12 medals and it doesn't count the secret medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 10:06:59

At 3/21/13 12:29 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:

Does anyone know the Dead Paradox, Yeah, Supa Sumba Pawdy, and only 5$ each medals?

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 10:17:03

At 3/22/13 10:06 AM, MatthewF wrote:
At 3/21/13 12:29 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:

Paradox is The-Great-One (don't know the number), Supa Sumba Pawdy is one of the Oney ones (start at descending order and find the first one).

Honestly, it takes awhile but I recommend just going through each one and clicking them individually. Takes like 20-30 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 10:24:16

After reading that I decided to go ahead and do that but for some reason The Great One's medal didnt unlock the first time ;-/

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 10:37:07

At 3/22/13 10:24 AM, MatthewF wrote: After reading that I decided to go ahead and do that but for some reason The Great One's medal didnt unlock the first time ;-/

I dunno. They unlocked all for me after I went through individually. What was really exhausting was the "Visit the Codex" such n such times ones. I tell you, refreshing the page for 100 times took over an hour, and I was already half asleep before I started.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 10:51:19

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 17:07:58

At 3/22/13 07:18 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 3/22/13 04:50 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Working on an update to my program for more statistics and a complete game listing (meaning finding games that even Nijsse hasn't gotten medals for :P). It looks like these are the current overall statistics: 15,701 medals; 383,290 points (not counting some secret medals -- I can't think of any efficient way to find the values for those when they're not in my initial data); 1,702 games with medals.
Thanks for all the work, I haven't really had time to check it out, but I definitely will. As for the statistics, they are very surprising to me. Sure it's been a while since I last did a complete backtrace (consequences will never be the same!), but 80 games with working medals that I haven't played sure is a lot. It seems even more unlikely I'm missing over 1200 working medals. There are still quite a few broken medals out there, but still, I seems like I've been lazy.

One point though, how does your program calculate those stats? If you look at your medal wall, that are a few games with some weird stats. For instance, Space Pizza Defense. It says: Medals Earned: 12/13 (40/340 points), yet there are only 12 medals and it doesn't count the secret medals.

Just make sure you capitalize your name when it asks for it :P had to do that because of the way I get the ones from your page. And yeah, some of the numbers are skewed because of glitches (medals being worth -1 medal or a negative number of points, as in the case of Space Pizza Defense). I just take the values it says at the bottom of the pod for each game because that includes points from secret medals, which I wouldn't be able to get by going through the individual medals (a problem I've also encountered with the complete listing - so the stats can't be 100% accurate). I can't really account for glitches like that, so some things may be slightly inaccurate. I guess individual games with issues like that could be reported to staff for fixing? And if there's a larger bug (such as one I found yesterday with games that have no medals at all being shown in the gameswithmedals collection) I can code it to ignore those.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 21:14:53

At 3/22/13 10:51 AM, MatthewF wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/612815
One more question...and that will be it. Is there an easy way to get Power Of Courage?

Wield the Triforce or Dragon Helm on someone or use Kitten Fort to get morale. Then let something do a wicked-powerful attack against someone with Morale status for it to survive with one HP. It is a little easier to earn this if you play this on the hardest difficulty since setting the game to Epic makes numerous powerful enemies (such as dragons) into one-hit kill threats assuming you do not buff defensive attributes at all.

A good way to do this is get Morale status (by summoning Kitten Fort or equipping the Triforce or Dragon Helm) on character(s) against the Glitch, and your characters will remain alive at 1 HP after getting hit by the Glitch.

The point is, try getting Morale on character(s) and let your foe inflict instant death in any way, shape, or form.

Anyways, did you grind for hours to get the Level 40 medal? Do bare in mind that if you over-level, getting this medal will be a bit more difficult since foes miss more often and deal very little damage if at all.

On another note, how did you get to Level 40? Did you just slay the dragons and monoliths (in the hallway before the final boss) repeatedly?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 21:28:33

On another note, how did you get to Level 40? Did you just slay the dragons and monoliths (in the hallway before the final boss) repeatedly?

Yeah it takes hours but you can do it eventually.......I just slayed the dragons over and over again then left with the slime in the previous screen and came back again, etc.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-22 23:18:44

Program update is up. Should give you a mostly complete listing now, excluding any glitches in the system. I'm also assuming that all the games with medals are in the collection :P. And forget what I said earlier about capitalizing Nijsse, I fixed that.

I could try to get the unknown secret medal values, but it'll require a bunch more requests and would take a while to code, especially if I wanted to make it as efficient as possible. I still have a lot of other stuff I want to do with this too, but I really need to stop procrastinating on my schoolwork :P.

As always, let me know any questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc. Thanks~

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-23 02:30:58

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-23 02:31:47

At 3/23/13 02:30 AM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613524

You beat me by about 30 seconds. :O

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-23 02:59:44

At 3/23/13 02:31 AM, ixfd64 wrote:
At 3/23/13 02:30 AM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/613524
You beat me by about 30 seconds. :O

Buahahahahahahahahahahaaaa.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2013-03-23 08:57:55

Sorry if this has been mentioned before and I'm just late to the game, but why did A Small Favor have its medals removed? I know that it's back on the front page to celebrate Zeebarf in the process of making a Kickstarter for the third game, but I hadn't noticed until now that the medals have been removed. Anyone know why? Was it on purpose or a glitch?