00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,638,738 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 01:56:57

Is there a certain method you guys use to find new games with medals (and zero-point medals)? I'm making myself an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of every medal game (including zero-point; unfortunately the guide listed on Wylo's page seems to be somewhat out of date) and my medal progress (has anyone else done something similar?), and it would be very useful to have a way to find new games by myself. I ask here because I asked Wylo the same and he said he gets them from here :P. Thanks for any help.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 04:41:02

At 12/26/10 01:56 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: stuff

You are guaranteed that every game that has medals worth points gets posted here. However, you can't actually see zero-point medals, so they get only posted here when someone has obtained zero-point medals for a game.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 04:45:26

At 12/26/10 01:56 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Is there a certain method you guys use to find new games with medals

They are listed here. Some of us also regularly look at new submissions so we know when something new comes in.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:13:23

Attention, read this!

For people who can not get a medal called "Tic Tac", I made an update in the game, now the problem is solved, when the timer reaches 0 you will automatically receive the medal, when the timer reaches 0 in addition to get the medal you will find a very important code, I suggest you write the code as you will need to unlock a medal in my next game!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:13:34

OK I give up. I request help on the following stuff. Thanks in advance.

- What is the secret code in Everything is Robot?

- I cannot play the game Theia. It says I need the latest version of Flash, which I happen to have!

- In Quickdraw GUN.5 I don't know how to get the final Easter egg. I have tried and I have an idea of how to get it but nothing works.

- How to get the secret medal Poor Chap in CatGame? I'm not sure anyone got this.

- Secret fatalities in another quick draw.

Boring and secret stuff I got here :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:21:30

At 12/26/10 12:13 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 4288
Attention, read this!

For people who can not get a medal called "Tic Tac", I made an update in the game, now the problem is solved, when the timer reaches 0 you will automatically receive the medal, when the timer reaches 0 in addition to get the medal you will find a very important code, I suggest you write the code as you will need to unlock a medal in my next game!

I also adjusted the secret medal, everything works then you can safely wait for the timer reaches 0!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:27:16

@Phenom

The secret code for "Everything is robot" doesn't work. I think it broke when he updated the game. People posted a couple versions of the codes here (with capital letters or without) and none of them ever seemed to work.

For Theia, I get the same message when I try to play the game now as well. I actually get an automatic pop-up (which I really don't like, but since it's adobe, I guess i can't complain) sending me to adobes website, only to tell me this:

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

So I don't know what to do about that? Glad I got all those a while ago. I remember there being a good walkthrough for that game, check wylinas page.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:29:56

At 12/26/10 12:13 PM, Phenom9 wrote: OK I give up. I request help on the following stuff. Thanks in advance.

- What is the secret code in Everything is Robot?

I sent you a PM about the code, I do not know if it still works.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:48:51

Thank you for the 100 point medal in Everything is Robot. Now I just need the rest... :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 12:52:10

At 12/26/10 12:48 PM, Phenom9 wrote: Thank you for the 100 point medal in Everything is Robot. Now I just need the rest... :)

WHATTTT. I always thought it was broken. Pretty sure that was one of the medals that PG changed so that the 100 points doesn't add up to your total since it wasn't attainable.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 13:40:26

At 12/26/10 12:48 PM, Phenom9 wrote: Thank you for the 100 point medal in Everything is Robot. Now I just need the rest... :)

the code that I sent you still working? wow! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 14:08:33

At 12/26/10 12:13 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 4288
Attention, read this!

I'm glad you fixed the glitch with the blank screen. However, there are two new issues:

1. It now takes a much longer time for the timer to reach zero. As the speed of the timer no longer seems to depend on the number of times the game has been completed, getting the "Tic Tac" medal is more time consuming.
2. Unlike in the previous versions, the timer now run more slowly if the player switches to another window.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 16:48:01

Regarding extreme building runner, I got to 4571. When you lose you need to know why and then avoid doing the same. I was loosing because I was jumping too soon, so now I always jump at the edge and I got further. The game gets harder as you go on. The number of falling buildings increases as you go. They are going down so you have less chances of reaching the next building since your heigh is lower. A building only starts going down when you land on it. So land as late as you can by holding up when jumping to one. After 3400 the falling buildings stopped. Almost as if I was back to the start. Good thing. They started to show up more and more again until 4571 when a building went down but it's obstacles didn't. (A bug I had seen before.) This made me lose.

Cool story eh?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 21:00:02

Updated guide for Why This?: http://ixfd64.newgrounds.com/news/post/5 41133

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 22:41:28

Could someone explain me how to pass the sixth level in Squadron Auriga? Thanks.

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-26 23:19:21

Skimming through knuckstrikes medals to see what I've missed, I earned about 60 zero point medals haha (most were probably from that new gun game). Thanks to him I've got the most medals and most medal games played :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 00:57:28

At 12/26/10 10:41 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Could someone explain me how to pass the sixth level in Squadron Auriga? Thanks.

Basically, you need to get the sniper close enough to hit the alien commander. One shot is all it takes.

Keep the sniper close to the base until the alien commander appears. The next part is a bit tricky. You need to get the sniper close enough without dying. Get to know hot key "7" and "Z". Hot key "7" brings up the base menu. Prepare sniper strike and use it on strong enemies - best to avoid using it on the beetle that sprouts 3 smaller beetles when destroyed. Hot key "Z" lets you control the sniper. Inch up with him. His gun will kill small units at bay with one shot - 3 for larger ones. Go back and forth between the sniper and sniper attack ability. If you can make it past the small hill in the middle, and your sniper hasn't taken too much damage, you can try to make a run for it through some of the alien units, for the one hit kill on the commander. If not, will... hope for the best.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 01:51:53

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 07:30:20

Attention, read this!

Uh huh. And for those of us who got the medal the first time and don't want to wait for the counter to count down again, are you going to make the code available?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 08:01:02

At 12/26/10 11:19 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Skimming through knuckstrikes medals to see what I've missed, I earned about 60 zero point medals haha (most were probably from that new gun game). Thanks to him I've got the most medals and most medal games played :P

theMEXICANTHIEF has probably a few games that I don't have. You should check his medals too.

19k post has my name in it, woo!

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 08:33:48

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 11:11:24

The rabbit #8 medal works for me now too! And when is the new game coming out where you need the code for?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 11:33:21

At 12/27/10 11:11 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: The rabbit #8 medal works for me now too! And when is the new game coming out where you need the code for?

I'm glad you got the medal, the game where you must enter the code will come out for the "Pico Day 2011".

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 15:27:18

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 16:55:51

0 point medals.

A lot of 0 point medals are appearing lately though I'm sure they'll get approved once the NG staff gets around to them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-27 18:58:44

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-28 00:23:29

At 12/27/10 06:58 PM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote: According to the description this game has medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7627

yes, it does seem to have working medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-28 01:29:02

At 12/26/10 01:56 AM, Bobogoobo wrote: Is there a certain method you guys use to find new games with medals (and zero-point medals)? I'm making myself an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of every medal game (including zero-point; unfortunately the guide listed on Wylo's page seems to be somewhat out of date) and my medal progress (has anyone else done something similar?), and it would be very useful to have a way to find new games by myself. I ask here because I asked Wylo the same and he said he gets them from here :P. Thanks for any help.

I have made myself my own personal Excel spreadsheet, but it does not include zero-point medals. It basically lists all the games found on this page, point values, secret medal counts, whether I finished the game or not. I've color-coded it so that I know which games are not really games (Streetfighter collab), games that are in progress, games with hard-ass medals in them (Avoidal's 200 star streak and generally some "perfect" medals), and grinding/monotonous medals (OCD+, Super Switcher's max rank medal).

As for games that sneak in medals long after it has been submitted to the portal? I just browse the page in its entirety every few days or so. Any links I have not clicked on my laptop will be readily apparent. It's how I got the White Mage Christmas medal without anyone telling me.

Seems like there are at least three games where the medals refuse to display when you are viewing the game's page. They are Riskful Thinking, Fig. 8, and Enough Plumbers. Anyone confirm this?

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-28 06:20:28

At 12/28/10 01:29 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 12/26/10 01:56 AM, Bobogoobo wrote:

So much work you probably had there. What for? I just visit all games that I haven't got all the medals and don't visit the games I already have (link colours' different). It provides minimal organization and little work. It's not like this medal thing will take me anywhere... Also, there are more games where the medals don't show in the page such as Pyroscapes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-28 12:25:05

BBS Signature