00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,696 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 11:40:20

At 3/19/10 08:08 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in the game "St. Pattack" as you get this medal? I can not understand! :(

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if you hover over the locked medal icon, it tells you how you win that medal. In order to see the list of medals you'll have to have the portal pages set up for the flashes to be displayed in page. To do this click 'My Account' followed by 'Flash Portal Preferences', then select 'In-Page' under 'Flash Display'.

The description for that medal is 'Sheep are fun to hit, but you declined...'. So if you don't hit any sheep the medal should be yours.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 12:30:20

At 3/19/10 11:40 AM, Suppin wrote:
At 3/19/10 08:08 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in the game "St. Pattack" as you get this medal? I can not understand! :(
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if you hover over the locked medal icon, it tells you how you win that medal. In order to see the list of medals you'll have to have the portal pages set up for the flashes to be displayed in page. To do this click 'My Account' followed by 'Flash Portal Preferences', then select 'In-Page' under 'Flash Display'.

The description for that medal is 'Sheep are fun to hit, but you declined...'. So if you don't hit any sheep the medal should be yours.

I knew very well, but I did not get the medal, same thing with the medal "life saver" I beat the game without missing a life but no medal!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 13:46:09

At 3/19/10 12:30 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: I knew very well, but I did not get the medal, same thing with the medal "life saver" I beat the game without missing a life but no medal!

It's very easy to hit a sheep without noticing. Try again.

Life saver has to be done on hard mode.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 14:48:13

At 3/19/10 01:46 PM, queenofbabes wrote: It's very easy to hit a sheep without noticing. Try again.

Is it just hit to no sheeps during either of the levels, or not hit any during the entire game though?

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 20:14:48

At 3/19/10 02:48 PM, Godliest wrote:
At 3/19/10 01:46 PM, queenofbabes wrote: It's very easy to hit a sheep without noticing. Try again.
Is it just hit to no sheeps during either of the levels, or not hit any during the entire game though?

You must not hit any during the entire game. Medal is awarded after you finish the 2nd boss.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 21:55:47

I knew this was in big demand and that a lot of people really needed this guide because the medal was so hard to get.

End sarcasm

You know there will be someone who comes along and complains because they don't know how to get this medal and their too impatient to find out. :P

NG Sketchbook Tour Medal Guide

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-20 09:46:23

At 3/19/10 01:46 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 3/19/10 12:30 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: I knew very well, but I did not get the medal, same thing with the medal "life saver" I beat the game without missing a life but no medal!
It's very easy to hit a sheep without noticing. Try again.

Life saver has to be done on hard mode.

ok, thanks for your help!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-20 18:35:54

At 3/19/10 09:55 PM, Fro wrote: I knew this was in big demand and that a lot of people really needed this guide because the medal was so hard to get.

End sarcasm
You know there will be someone who comes along and complains because they don't know how to get this medal and their too impatient to find out. :P

NG Sketchbook Tour Medal Guide

That guide is as useful as It's a Nice day Today's guide..
Okay, maybe a bit more, but still, I don't think that anyone's not smart enough to figure it out on his own..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-21 13:08:32

At 3/21/10 08:19 AM, Sonik-Team wrote: You obviously haven't noticed the new It's a Nice Day Today guide, as Sanjay's has been replaced with mine.

I humbly ask for forgiveness...that guide is a masterpiece.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 10:30:56

At 3/22/10 05:09 AM, Sonik-Team wrote:
At 3/21/10 01:08 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 3/21/10 08:19 AM, Sonik-Team wrote: You obviously haven't noticed the new It's a Nice Day Today guide, as Sanjay's has been replaced with mine.
I humbly ask for forgiveness...that guide is a masterpiece.
You are forgiven.
Back to business, anybody find any previously broken medals that have actually been fixed?

I've sent messages to JAZZA, The-Exp and fucrate about Doug-Out, Shift 4 and Fig. 8, respectively, but haven't heard back from any of them yet. Though, admittedly, I only sent the message to fucrate a few minutes ago. He did put in a fair amount of time fixing the EON medals though, so I'm hopeful.

Incidentally, if you weren't already aware, the under par medals on EON were broken and now work as of some time last week.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 11:07:23

I uh... I seem to have broken it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 11:58:41

Well, I'm done Pattack except the no sheep medal. Does anyone have any advice on that, such as what the actual specific requirements are for it? I've tried not hitting sheep in the minigame, and that alone isn't it, and I've tried dying on the first guy without hitting anything, and that didn't get it for me. Some people were saying they got it randomly earlier, right?

Also, I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, but I think I'm the first to post a screenshot of it: full clover going into the final boss on Hard.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 12:02:56

At 3/22/10 11:58 AM, chris-marks wrote: Well, I'm done Pattack except the no sheep medal. Does anyone have any advice on that, such as what the actual specific requirements are for it? I've tried not hitting sheep in the minigame, and that alone isn't it, and I've tried dying on the first guy without hitting anything, and that didn't get it for me. Some people were saying they got it randomly earlier, right?

As said earlier, you must complete the whole game without hitting any sheep at all, and yes it can be done on easy mode.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 13:11:15

At 3/22/10 12:02 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 3/22/10 11:58 AM, chris-marks wrote: Well, I'm done Pattack except the no sheep medal. Does anyone have any advice on that, such as what the actual specific requirements are for it? I've tried not hitting sheep in the minigame, and that alone isn't it, and I've tried dying on the first guy without hitting anything, and that didn't get it for me. Some people were saying they got it randomly earlier, right?
As said earlier, you must complete the whole game without hitting any sheep at all, and yes it can be done on easy mode.

There we go. Took about 10 tries though; the game likes to dash attack when I don't necessarily want it to, I kept hitting sheep with it. Anyone know what the actual requirements for the juggling medal are? Juggle the same one 10 times? Juggle a lot in the same game? I know it has to be done in Hard mode.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 16:49:15

At 3/22/10 01:11 PM, chris-marks wrote: There we go. Took about 10 tries though; the game likes to dash attack when I don't necessarily want it to, I kept hitting sheep with it. Anyone know what the actual requirements for the juggling medal are? Juggle the same one 10 times? Juggle a lot in the same game? I know it has to be done in Hard mode.

Not so sure how many times, I got it on my very first playthrough while whacking all those green dudes. Incidentally it was on hard mode, but I don't know if it's a requirement. It shouldn't require that many juggles, I think.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 18:48:04

At 3/22/10 04:49 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 3/22/10 01:11 PM, chris-marks wrote: There we go. Took about 10 tries though; the game likes to dash attack when I don't necessarily want it to, I kept hitting sheep with it. Anyone know what the actual requirements for the juggling medal are? Juggle the same one 10 times? Juggle a lot in the same game? I know it has to be done in Hard mode.
Not so sure how many times, I got it on my very first playthrough while whacking all those green dudes. Incidentally it was on hard mode, but I don't know if it's a requirement. It shouldn't require that many juggles, I think.

Just pick the first enemy you see, wait for him to come towards you in a corner, and then keep hitting him in the air until you get the medal..it's ridiculously easy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-22 18:49:41

St. Pattack guide is up. Second video may not be quite ready yet, sometimes YouTube takes a while to get things working.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-23 06:09:40

At 3/22/10 06:49 PM, chris-marks wrote: St. Pattack guide is up. Second video may not be quite ready yet, sometimes YouTube takes a while to get things working.

Well, it doesn't take longer than 10 minutes to complete the whole game, so why don't you just upload the whole session before the two bosses while you're at it?
By the way, two (very) minor errors: "Good Shepherd (25pts) -This is the only gameplay medal that can be attained in easy mode."
You can also get Juggling on Easy mode.
And you forgot to mention that Life Saver can be only attained on Hard mode.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-23 09:06:31

At 3/23/10 06:09 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 3/22/10 06:49 PM, chris-marks wrote: St. Pattack guide is up. Second video may not be quite ready yet, sometimes YouTube takes a while to get things working.
Well, it doesn't take longer than 10 minutes to complete the whole game, so why don't you just upload the whole session before the two bosses while you're at it?
By the way, two (very) minor errors: "Good Shepherd (25pts) -This is the only gameplay medal that can be attained in easy mode."
You can also get Juggling on Easy mode.
And you forgot to mention that Life Saver can be only attained on Hard mode.

Indeed you are correct. I've updated both of those things. As for a video of the whole game, I fear it would be very repetitive. The game is pretty straightforward once you've played it, so I figured rather than put up a video of me literally doing the same thing over and over again I'd leave it at tips. If you can record a video of gameplay that isn't repetitive and is interesting to watch, I'll add it to the guide and credit you with the video.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-23 23:27:07

It might be random. Don't know for sure. But I do know that I got that medal even though I hit a few sheep in the levels.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 07:26:43

Very easy game, lots of fun & working medals! =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 08:08:47

At 3/24/10 07:26 AM, Nijsse wrote: Very easy game, lots of fun & working medals! =)

You said "lots", but I only saw four.

I am disappointed =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 08:17:18

I just like to disappoint people ;) I see what you mean, too bad NG has the only forum on the internets that has no edit button. Game is fun, but there are only 4 medals yo!

By the way, how is your Alkie Kong adventure going?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 08:18:53

Easy medals indeed. To make it clear, i got the "I Don't need lives!" medal BEFORE actually beating the final boss. lol Just make it to him and it's yours.

How does one get the replay medal? Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't seem to be able to continue, like it won't save. Help?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 08:23:46

At 3/24/10 08:18 AM, RuinedMartyr wrote: How does one get the replay medal? Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't seem to be able to continue, like it won't save. Help?

Disregard this question, I figured it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 08:29:38

At 3/24/10 08:17 AM, Nijsse wrote: I just like to disappoint people ;) I see what you mean, too bad NG has the only forum on the internets that has no edit button. Game is fun, but there are only 4 medals yo!

By the way, how is your Alkie Kong adventure going?

The difficult medals must be done in a single playthrough, which is too time-consuming to practice. I'm putting them off for a couple of months, at least till exams are over.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 10:47:16

I approve of this easy game. I'm uploading a playthrough to YouTube, and I'll have the guide done momentarily.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 10:56:02

Walkthrough is up. Video may take a few minutes to become active, because YouTube sometimes lags.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-24 11:58:15

Cool little game.