00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,634 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-28 21:53:45

I'm pretty sure you need to get your game screenedbefore you submit it.

FUCK, MAN, IDK!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-28 22:00:42

At 7/28/09 09:41 PM, Another-User wrote: What I'm cannot begin to understand, is how a person who has never submitted any other flash, some had managed to get medals on a game as soon as it entered judgment.

Not as soon as it entered judgment, PG obviously approved of the game having medals. There have been other games like this, for example, Fetus Fulp/In Utero.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-28 22:44:56

At 7/28/09 10:36 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Krev, you are CRAZY! I can't believe you got all the medals in Pigs Can Fly. I can't beat the first screen.

Go right.

FUCK, MAN, IDK!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-28 22:52:54

At 7/28/09 10:36 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Krev, you are CRAZY! I can't believe you got all the medals in Pigs Can Fly. I can't beat the first screen.

First time I played it I smashed my poor piggie on the ceiling about 3 times before I realized "Oh wait... I can.. move laterally."

Yeah, like he said.. Travel eastward. :)

And.. yes.. I might be crazy. I prefer the word unique. ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-28 23:12:42

I really, really don't like this game. I got through to the end in just over 19 minutes, didn't get the medal for doing so, and I'm not going to bother playing it again. The game's just not fun to me. Have fun spending countless hours to get 315 medal points, folks!

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-28 23:45:18

When Pigs Fly is a pretty fun game. I don't know why there are so many people bashing it. Remember guys, these games were made for having fun, don't play it if you don't want to!

Anyway... the medals will be a little challenging for me... The fastest time I got was 4:40, because I still have trouble on some screens. I can make this in less than 4 minutes! On the other hand... doing everything without dying will be a pain. I could only make it until the 13th screen without hitting something! Ah... I'll check that one later.

What I missed in this game was a quick restart thing. I mean, whenever I made a silly mistake on the time attack mode, I had to reload the game to try again! It could use a quick restart button. Also, a screen select mode would be nice as well... but then it would become too easy. :P

At 7/28/09 07:00 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: And the 'accident' animation made me laugh the first time I saw it. One wing touches something, feathers fly, & wheeeek!

Heh, that screen is nice. This whole game reminded me of this Red Bull advertisement. =P

But be careful around the lava pits, it's a high chance if you bump into a ceiling above you it'll smack you down into the lava if you aren't careful.

Yeah, hitting the ceiling caused most of my falls in there. What I recommend is making it through as fast as you can and pressing the space bar constantly and in a quick pace, so the pig will glide though the path. Sounds hard at first, but wou will get the hang of it soon.

At 7/28/09 07:53 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: I really like the medal-get graphics. It's almost EGB-reminiscent.

Hahaha, true. Reminds me of the old B/P ranks.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 04:01:25

First run finished in 9 minutes with 63 accidents... it's not that hard, all you need is some dexterity. Now excuse me while I'm getting the other medals :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 04:09:21

The funny thing is, despite all the complaints, I think this is one of the funnest medal games I've played. It was frustrating at first, but after beating it once, it got exponentially easier.

As a side note, I really like how these medals look. They have a lot of style to them. They look like medals a person would want to earn. Maybe its just me...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 05:44:29

i ain't playing any more games if they don't make some new games that are easier and challenging i am sick of those game where you need to (beat the game and don't die)

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 05:47:59

At 7/29/09 05:44 AM, gdfsgdfg wrote: beat the game and don't die)

whats wrong with pigs that die... i think they should rename it seen as so many people manage to kill off thousands of piggies...

Medal get - 5 points - Fried bacon
Kill yourself 1000 times...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 05:58:51

At 7/28/09 10:52 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
First time I played it I smashed my poor piggie on the ceiling about 3 times before I realized "Oh wait... I can.. move laterally."

OK, here is the part where l go "wtf?"
how THE FUCK did you do it man, were you playing 18 hours straight or something?
That's absolutely impossible, did you exploit a glitch?Because l know that playing with right click and forward can lead to...strange things. (see the pic)
Only a gaming god could beat this without dying.And l doubt that you are a gaming god, no offense.This has the same difficulty level of Aklie Kong, and we all know how much training you need to get DD.

Yeah, like he said.. Travel eastward. :)

And.. yes.. I might be crazy. I prefer the word unique. ;)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 08:06:39

Lol, I got 11:42 minutes on my first try on When Pigs Fly so that got me that fifty point medal Better Than Jill. The other medals it has seem close to impossible to me. Unless you practice for like ages, but I'm not even gonna try. Much too frustrating.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 08:13:01

Oh Heavytank, Heavytank, Heavytank. Are we accusing people again? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible. I also got all the medals now, and before you go "ZOMG U BOTH CHEATED!!1", have a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-JpjghT 8o

See? Not impossible.

Oh yeah, a lot easier than Lastman in my opinion. Also easier than Drunken Deity.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 09:06:33

At 7/29/09 08:38 AM, Sonik-Team wrote: Definitely quite possible

closed iv got is 4:17 with 17 deaths... you need to time yourself... if you dont get half way *the bit with the submarine underwater* in under 2.00 mins your find it hard to complete the rest of it.... at the moment im working on getting the last 4-5 major bits perfected...

also a note to all you finding bits difficult... if you keep your finger on the up button you can bounce of the celing but not go far enough down to get killed in places... its a usefull tip :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 09:07:06

The controls for that game suck so badly. It's kind of fun at first but it gets really boring after a while. It's so repetetive.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 09:21:00

Finally beat that game.
Is easy with some practice.
By the way I got BOTH the 4 minute medal and the No deaths medal on the same try.
I'll try to get a video in later but for now worship this picture.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 09:30:53

At 7/29/09 09:21 AM, KingExodus wrote: Finally beat that game.
By the way I got BOTH the 4 minute medal and the No deaths medal on the same try.

yeah wouldnt be suprised... i just did the 4 min medal as well... i like it :3... its very easy to thrash it without dying if you have had some pratice... i was just rushing a bit and on my first time i get rather shakey when i know im doing well... but the more i do it the less shakey i get :3...

good job with the 2 in one there king... well done :3

also i find it funny all the noobs are complaining beacuse they keep dying beacuse they cant fit through the gap they fell into at the start :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 09:40:51

At 7/29/09 08:35 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Are you a gamer god? Because I think you are... tell me your secret nao.

Please?

The secret is that I grew up with my friends NES and SNES. I've got almost 20 years of video game experience :D

At 7/29/09 08:38 AM, Sonik-Team wrote: On another note, notice JoyToKey running. I've decided to try playing Flash games like these using my old USB gamepad, and it feels quite nice really. The gamepad was only £10 years ago so it's quite cheap, but it feels a bit more natural when playing.

Indeed a nifty program, I used it to get the medals on Portal Defenders and some other games.

Bah, I did the same but with a better time than you :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 10:31:04

At 7/29/09 09:40 AM, DigDogy wrote:

Way to spoil a couple of good medals to me.
Now I feel like I'm not special...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 10:38:28

At 7/29/09 10:31 AM, KingExodus wrote:
At 7/29/09 09:40 AM, DigDogy wrote:
Way to spoil a couple of good medals to me.
Now I feel like I'm not special...

Aww. You're still better than the most here. I mean look at that, 3:37, that's the second best time I've read in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 11:23:08

You did better than me, I got 3.52 AND got hit 12 times.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 11:24:24

wow, if wasn't that video, i'd have given up.
i feel good, since i have the backwards and the normal game medal AND the twelve minutes one.
still, due to the fact that i tend to get cocky easily, the others are just impossible to me.
hey, at least i ain't bashing the game.

we need moar games....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 12:22:56

I beated When Pigs Fly in 11 minutes and 52 seconds...
Man that was close...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 12:29:30

Beat it in 3.22 and the video is being processed ATM.
By the way why is Wayne being the bad guy around nowadays...
He's showing everyone how to hack Lastman AND When Pigs Fly...
He ruining all the fun.

Sad face...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 12:32:20

BTW This is the 50TH Game People!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 12:52:53

At 7/29/09 12:32 PM, KingExodus wrote: BTW This is the 50TH Game People!

Actually, it's the 52nd, and 53rd if you include Fear Unlimited game. >.>

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.

The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 12:55:31

At 7/29/09 12:32 PM, KingExodus wrote: BTW This is the 50TH Game People!

Its the 52nd. Trick-or-Treat was 50th. Not including FearU.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 13:08:10

At 7/29/09 12:29 PM, KingExodus wrote: By the way why is Wayne being the bad guy around nowadays...

who is that Wayne?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 13:56:55

On WPF for the 4-minutes medal is better the forward or backward mode?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-29 14:10:04

To be honest, I liked the backward mode, second time through (as you can see on a few pages back) I did 250 times better than my runthrough going forward.
But that's just my humble opinion.

Also, if you beat the game, don't forget to hide from HeavyTank. :)