00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,670 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:42:56

At 12/16/09 08:29 PM, chris-marks wrote: Though that may be the key to getting the "Ouch My Ears" medal... hmm... Actually the key to that one may be to play on a slower computer, similar to that Balloon Boy game.

Actually, I just got it by spiking a boss and drawing it toward the planet. Kind of a suicidal way to get it, but it worked better than trying to attract two of those big ships to each other from opposite sides of the screen.

And now I think I'm done my medal hunting with this game. I'll definitely come back to play it, because it's awesome, but I don't need to play for medals any more.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:44:26

At 12/16/09 08:33 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: also when you have a spike boss, there's no way to kill it :P better commit suicide

Can you nuke it?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 20:59:45

So, the guide is up.
A tad larger than l wanted it to be..anyway, if you have any suggestions/corrections/tactics and want to add them, l'll credit you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-16 22:17:26

At 12/16/09 08:29 PM, chris-marks wrote: Though that may be the key to getting the "Ouch My Ears" medal... hmm... Actually the key to that one may be to play on a slower computer, similar to that Balloon Boy game.

I found it easiest way to get "Ouch My Ears" is to convert a boss into a spike then use the attraction beam to connect the slow moving boss to your planet.

Bureaucratic Fatcat

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 01:46:56

At 12/16/09 08:59 PM, HeavyTank wrote: So, the guide is up.
A tad larger than l wanted it to be..anyway, if you have any suggestions/corrections/tactics and want to add them, l'll credit you.

That guide is ...really quite bad. I've written what I think is a better one

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 05:28:40

Yup, I definitely can't play the game in full screen, just crashes after a few minutes.
How strange.

I'd use Google to investigate but I should be studying.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 05:41:27

At 12/17/09 05:28 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Yup, I definitely can't play the game in full screen, just crashes after a few minutes.
How strange.

I'd use Google to investigate but I should be studying.

Seems it's people with Radeon cards that are having similar problems with fullscreen flash, apparently I should try updating ma flashplayer or graphics drivers.

I've only had this PC for half a year and probably have not tried fullscreen flash on it yet. So that could be it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 06:13:24

Okay this Pentaforce medal officially seems impossible to me. I had 4 spikes before I arrived at the boss in wave 11 or something (the green one that drops missile packages all the time) and he destroyed 3 of my spikes by flying into them. Either I'm doing something wrong or you have to be REALLY lucky to not have him destroy any of your spikes.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 06:35:54

At 12/17/09 01:46 AM, chris-marks wrote:
That guide is ...really quite bad. I've written what I think is a better one

Uh..no?
Your guide is pretty much the same as mine, but more organised...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 06:40:30

At 12/17/09 06:13 AM, DigDogy wrote: Okay this Pentaforce medal officially seems impossible to me. I had 4 spikes before I arrived at the boss in wave 11 or something (the green one that drops missile packages all the time) and he destroyed 3 of my spikes by flying into them. Either I'm doing something wrong or you have to be REALLY lucky to not have him destroy any of your spikes.

Also, Straggler medal.

Beat the game with one missile still left on the screen.

Does this mean a missile from the packages the boss throws? Because I had the last boss down to minimal health, two missiles on screen, I launch one of them into the boss, the boss explodes, "END" appears and the rocket hits my planet. Then the game ends, no medal. Seriously, what the hell?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 06:55:27

At 12/17/09 06:40 AM, DigDogy wrote:
Also, Straggler medal.

Beat the game with one missile still left on the screen.
Does this mean a missile from the packages the boss throws? Because I had the last boss down to minimal health, two missiles on screen, I launch one of them into the boss, the boss explodes, "END" appears and the rocket hits my planet. Then the game ends, no medal. Seriously, what the hell?

Well, when l beat the final boss there were 2 rockets left on the scree, so l made one crash on my spike and l left the other one..I didn't get any medal, but it might be because the rocket hit my planet a millisecond before the end of the game...dunno.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 09:04:46

At 12/17/09 06:13 AM, DigDogy wrote: Okay this Pentaforce medal officially seems impossible to me. I had 4 spikes before I arrived at the boss in wave 11 or something (the green one that drops missile packages all the time) and he destroyed 3 of my spikes by flying into them. Either I'm doing something wrong or you have to be REALLY lucky to not have him destroy any of your spikes.

Yeah, that third boss is kind of a cockbag for that. If it weren't for his erratic flight patterns he'd be kind of a cakewalk, but he dips in and out like a homeless guy at a soup kitchen.

HeavyTank: My guide has more better information than yours, including things like precise directions for getting medals.

Speaking of which, has anyone got the C-C-C-C-Combo! medal yet? All I have is a theory for how to get it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 10:23:17

At 12/17/09 09:04 AM, chris-marks wrote: Speaking of which, has anyone got the C-C-C-C-Combo! medal yet? All I have is a theory for how to get it.

I've tried getting it at wave four by connecting the huge ships (destroyers?) but I can't seem to get more than 3x or 4x multiplier. I have no clue how this is calculated. My guess is that you have to get this medal my sending lots of rockets at one single ship, I have no clue where and how to do that though.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 16:04:12

Haha, exactly that happened to me a few minutes ago >.< and I was like WTF?!
And guess what happened next? After the boss died, the last spike power-up that I needed appeared right next to my planet.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 17:34:49

At 12/17/09 09:04 AM, chris-marks wrote:
HeavyTank: My guide has more better information than yours, including things like precise directions for getting medals.

Sure, since you posted it later than mine, l suppose that you read my guide and then added a few tips and called it yours.Nice job there.Also, mine has medal-specific intrsuctions too, and most of the medals are really simple.

Speaking of which, has anyone got the C-C-C-C-Combo! medal yet? All I have is a theory for how to get it.

Yes, well, apparently there is just ONE cluster of enemies that you can kill and get the medal, but we just didn't find it yet.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 20:13:51

Wow, long time since is really wanted to win medals. I think I will have to work hard to get all the medals I´m missing.
About that new game, how I become a boss into a spike. I don´t know how I made it, but I accidentaly became a missile to a spike.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 22:04:37

At 12/17/09 08:13 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote:
About that new game, how I become a boss into a spike.

It's been said before, just give the spike orbs to any boss..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-17 23:26:06

At 12/17/09 05:34 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 12/17/09 09:04 AM, chris-marks wrote:
Sure, since you posted it later than mine, l suppose that you read my guide and then added a few tips and called it yours.Nice job there.Also, mine has medal-specific intrsuctions too, and most of the medals are really simple.

Believe what you want; no skin off my back. It shows that you were just trying to get something out there, and it shows that I wanted to take the time to make my guide good. That's why mine is better. The only thing I took from your guide was looking at it, saying "holy crap that's a terrible guide," and deciding to do one myself.

Now if you're done being sensitive, there are medal games to discuss.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 01:00:26

At 12/17/09 11:26 PM, chris-marks wrote:

:: Believe what you want; no skin off my back. It shows that you were just trying to get something out there, and it shows that I wanted to take the time to make my guide good. That's why mine is better. The only thing I took from your guide was looking at it, saying "holy crap that's a terrible guide," and deciding to do one myself.

Now if you're done being sensitive, there are medal games to discuss.

Heh, and l suppose that's why it is structured in the same way, and it says exactly the same stuff....you know, l DID actually read it...
And l'm not being sensitive, l am just noting the fact that you don't want to admit that you pretty much copied my guide with a few edits here and there..
Bah, you can do whatever you want, it's your right...just please don't treat me like l'm some kind of idiot.
Over and out.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 09:29:37

At 12/18/09 01:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Heh, and l suppose that's why it is structured in the same way, and it says exactly the same stuff....you know, l DID actually read it...

Yes, because that's the only possible reason for two guides on the same game to have the same advice. It couldn't possibly be any other reason. Yup.

Oh wait, they don't say the same thing, because there's stuff in yours that isn't in mine and there's stuff in mine that isn't in yours. I guess that makes you wrong.

Your guide came first, but I didn't reference it when writing mine. Get over it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 11:12:16

At 12/18/09 09:29 AM, chris-marks wrote:

Yes, because that's the only possible reason for two guides on the same game to have the same advice. It couldn't possibly be any other reason. Yup.

Yup indeed

Oh wait, they don't say the same thing, because there's stuff in yours that isn't in mine and there's stuff in mine that isn't in yours. I guess that makes you wrong.

Oh yeah, definitely.

Your guide came first, but I didn't reference it when writing mine. Get over it.

I think that you probably didn't read the last three words of my last post...OVER AND OUT.This means, l don't want to talk about it any further, PERIOD.Use PM or something.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 11:33:07

At 12/18/09 11:12 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I think that you probably didn't read the last three words of my last post...OVER AND OUT.This means, l don't want to talk about it any further, PERIOD.

Funny, you just did.

Anyway, this is ridiculous. I just tried it again and the boss destroyed all four of my spikes. There must be something we're missing. Maybe there's a way to acquire five spikes before that boss?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 11:53:40

I've only played through the game once (got interrupted at like level 7 or something and had to close) so I could be wrong, but there is an achievement to have 5 spikes on your planet at once. So maybe it is possible to have 5 on the planet before the boss? Just a guess.

Also, Christmas stuff is much more stressful / time consuming then exams were. So many medals to get and I can't find the time to get them :(

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 13:53:03

I really hope this "Obey! The Game" gets medals. Really enjoying this one. Wouldn't mind writing a guide for it if it does get medals. Anybody want to have some healthy competition (aside from getting medals :P) and try to beat this score? This was the the 2nd version with only box and cloud levels. Although I just noticed there is no way to tell which version of the game you played...hmm

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 16:21:30

At 12/18/09 11:33 AM, DigDogy wrote:
At 12/18/09 11:12 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I think that you probably didn't read the last three words of my last post...OVER AND OUT.This means, l don't want to talk about it any further, PERIOD.
Funny, you just did.

He just can't live with not getting the last word. Also with the fact that he's wrong. Not like I have entire sections in my guide that he doesn't even metion in his or anything.

Anyway, for getting 5 spikes, I wonder if the trick is to not claim any at all until after the 3rd boss, and then put them all on at once. I'm sure it would work as long as you don't blow any of the spike bonuses up or accidentally use them to spike an opponent, but I think it would be a hard road to take. Anyone got the time to test that out?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 16:34:30

the trick is I just updated the game

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 17:03:57

Very good then.

Also, post 333 for me. Does that mean I should change my arua to dark, meaning half-evil?

Also also, probably my last post until December 31. Happy Whatever!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-18 20:38:18

At 12/18/09 01:53 PM, waynerz99 wrote: I really hope this "Obey! The Game" gets medals. Really enjoying this one. Wouldn't mind writing a guide for it if it does get medals. Anybody want to have some healthy competition (aside from getting medals :P) and try to beat this score? This was the the 2nd version with only box and cloud levels. Although I just noticed there is no way to tell which version of the game you played...hmm

Well, l certainly hope that it gets medals, although none of the games jmtb made have some so far...if they do, the first game that should get them is Achievement Unlocked, obviously...(and look!now Chris has the last word!And l am the one who can't live without having it)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-19 00:42:51

Man, i'm drunk, and thats why theres a smiley face as my dude, but those games are great. They make playing games fun. As opposed to trying to get medals for shity non fun games. All those elephant games should get medals. and FUCK those people that havn't fixed the shift games yet. I wouldn't have to work so god damn hard to keep first place if they would fix shift 4 and then i'd have 250 points or whatever it is. so yeah. do it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-12-19 00:43:53

shit forgot to make the smiley face post guy. There he is ^

They told me not to post again so quick, so i'm typing this, hoping it will take long enough to let me post again