00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MonkDrunkey76 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,510 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 01:48:21

At 7/5/09 12:10 AM, pinoyisazn wrote: I'm just getting frustrated with almost every new medal-enabled game not giving me medals. I died 127 times and the medal popped up, as well as the ellipses (so you have to restart or something?) but nothing shows on my profile. Half of the other medals I've earned for Epic War 3 haven't popped up. The Runes of Shalk game has a medal I should have earned. I know I'm not that great of a medal wh0r3, but I do deserve a higher score than what I have. Is it just my computer or am I having the same problems with everyone else? I'm going to try and go for the notepad collab's medals again.

I always seem to get my medals, unless the medal is actually geniunlly bugged. I'm not sure if the glitch still exsists, but you play the game in a seperate window. Before there was a glitch where if you didnt do that you wouldnt get the medals registered.

Other then that its probaly your computer

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 02:00:37

At 7/4/09 08:53 PM, Misterioso wrote: I got to the end, the game is a loop!!!

... you got to be kidding me... Has anyone even finsihed that game?!

also misterioso could you tell us what to do after the point with the row of left arrow blue blocks?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 02:43:55

At 7/4/09 08:53 PM, Misterioso wrote: I got to the end, the game is a loop!!!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
3 hours of my life wasted forever...

You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile. :[
I'll be putting up a youtube video of myself playing lastman soon if you guys are interested.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 03:07:21

At 7/5/09 02:43 AM, PiGPEN wrote: You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile. :[
I'll be putting up a youtube video of myself playing lastman soon if you guys are interested.

How soon?

Also, how close is this to the end?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 03:08:52

At 7/5/09 03:07 AM, Duffle wrote: How soon?

Also, how close is this to the end?

I hit "post" instead of "browse"...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 03:13:08

That's about half way to the boss.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 04:34:02

At 7/5/09 03:13 AM, PiGPEN wrote: That's about half way to the boss.

I've gotten a bit farther. I must admit that the warp part was pretty clever. I'm actually enjoying this game. Sadly, the invisible blocks screwed me here. I know what to do now though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 05:03:43

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:06:26

At 7/5/09 05:03 AM, PiGPEN wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEp1WB5g rY

This looks as easy as to beat AK2 on brutal without dying and without killing any bats...
Seriously man, what the fuck is this?
One cannot possibly do all that stuff in one run...
Put some checkpoints, have some mercy!
Also, is the dying part necessary or you just died there?
But if you just died, why did you include it in the video?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:08:25

At 7/5/09 12:01 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote:
At 7/4/09 11:55 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: It is possible for the boss to appear, you would have to play the game in a specific order, like some of the old nes games.
I meant to say: I might be possible, rather than it is possible

Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it. I have a feel once the medal system goes fully public that either they will give out free 100 point medals for pressing a button or make them damn near utterly impossible to get just to troll the medal sluts.

Double post lol

Double post FTW

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:09:37

Lol i didnt win it.....game started lagging because of the screen recording and i ended up dying....i was very close to the boss though.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:14:08

At 7/5/09 07:08 AM, iscrulz wrote: Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it.

I dont like this attitude.
I'm going to be asking Tom if he can change the 127 death medal to be worth negative points.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:15:02

At 7/5/09 07:08 AM, iscrulz wrote: Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it. I have a feel once the medal system goes fully public that either they will give out free 100 point medals for pressing a button or make them damn near utterly impossible to get just to troll the medal sluts.

As much as l'd like to discagree l know that this will be pretty much how it will go..UNLESS we have a medal control untit, which would be totally awesome...
But l don't understand why people want to troll us so much...first OCD+, then this...

Double post lol
Double post FTW

Double post ^_^

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:17:10

At 7/5/09 07:14 AM, PiGPEN wrote: I dont like this attitude.
I'm going to be asking Tom if he can change the 127 death medal to be worth negative points.

He can't do this, this is really fucking stupid and YOU are really fucking stupid if you do this.
I don't really care for the 5 points, but l know that many artists will have the same idea.
And if negative medals are introduced the whole system will be fucked up for good.
And what do you mean by "I don't like this attitude?"
If you don't like it remove the medals and make everyone happy.
Jeez.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:22:50

wouldn't be so bad if there was a checkpoint in place and only one life. the only way to complete it is to know in advance what's coming up. I pretty much lost track of what you were doing in the video, you kept going into different teleports near the end and I got totally confused. I really don't feel like putting myself through enough emotional and mental pain to actually play that game.

WritingPad. |

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:31:09

Let me get this straight:
Incredibly hard game comes out.
People bitch how hard it is.
Author says it's not that hard, uploads a video of him failing to beat the game, despite know exactly what to do everywhere.
People continue bitching about how hard it is.
Author begins getting annoyed, and reasons that it is best to piss off the stat-whore community even more.
People start bitching even more about how the game is both hard and the author is a dick.
Anything I missed?

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.

The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:36:36

At 7/5/09 07:31 AM, Another-User wrote: Author says it's not that hard, uploads a video of him failing to beat the game, despite know exactly what to do everywhere.

I never said it wasnt hard. In fact i expressly said it's the hardest game on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:44:08

At 7/5/09 07:36 AM, PiGPEN wrote: I never said it wasnt hard. In fact i expressly said it's the hardest game on NG.

Sorry, but that position is already taken by "You have to Burn the Rope".
Amyway, some quote of yours I've found in your posts or game description include:

HEY STOP DYING AND YOU WONT SEE ADS! (Lol, upped it to 1 ad every 20 deaths to quiet the bitching. Seriously, what the hell guys.)
THE 127 DEATH MEDAL IS A BADGE OF FAILURE!
You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile. :[

I take that back, you never said it was easy.
What you did say was basically "Lol, I'm glad I'm not a medal-whore!" and proceed with some sadism. And I'd congratulate you for trolling so many people so quickly, however OCD+ was both less fun and more frustrating as well as doing it earlier, so it just wouldn't be right in my mind.
Just remember, stat whores are some of the most bitter, angry, and whiny people on Earth. If people weren't around to write a bunch of guides a lot of them would most likely be in jail for a Spree killing. =/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:55:33

Lol, ok.... but i like superhard games and i provided medals not for you statwhores but as a badge of honor for the few platforming-gods/masochists who will eventually be able to actually beat this game.

And it really isnt right to compare this to OCD+......OCD+ is like Takeshi's Challenge or that unreleased Penn & Teller game.....Lastman is like SMB2 or Makai Mura or any of those superhard mario hacks.
Learn the difference....it could save your life.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 07:58:49

Don't know how I did it but here it is.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 08:01:17

At 7/5/09 07:31 AM, Another-User wrote: Author says it's not that hard, uploads a video of him failing to beat the game, despite know exactly what to do everywhere.

Developers don't need to beat the game; they just need to make it beatable.
The famed Konami Code came along because the person porting it found it too difficult for himself to play through.
I doubt PsychoGoldfish could earn Drunken Deity easily. And this, from where I'm standing, looks easier than that, considering that getting through obstacles will become second nature after a point.

Also, screen capturing software does lag up some computers by a significant amount. As PiGPEN had this, and little time to create a video, it's fair that he didn't win.
I have little doubt that he could win given enough chances.

However, I am against the negative medal point thing. Punishing people will just make people not play the game.

And that will cut someone's ad revenue!

By the way, when PiGPEN said "You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile", he was commenting on how the image of the game 'looping' had been faked.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 08:13:16

At 7/5/09 08:01 AM, Doomsday-One wrote: Developers don't need to beat the game; they just need to make it beatable.

Normally I would say yes, but this entire game is a trial and error game. If you know exactly what to do, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

The famed Konami Code came along because the person porting it found it too difficult for himself to play through.

Once again, this game is trial and error, whereas Contra was just a precursor to modern day bullet hell. >.>

I doubt PsychoGoldfish could earn Drunken Deity easily. And this, from where I'm standing, looks easier than that, considering that getting through obstacles will become second nature after a point.

Now how about if PsychoGoldfish wanted to make it work negative points for people who lose on easy mode? I would be all for people being pissed off at him.

Also, screen capturing software does lag up some computers by a significant amount. As PiGPEN had this, and little time to create a video, it's fair that he didn't win.

I'm just being bitter, I don't really mind he didn't win that quickly.

I have little doubt that he could win given enough chances.

So could I, and if we give infinite time into that equation, my cat can also. Can you name a single game that "Given enough chances" you still won't be able to win?

However, I am against the negative medal point thing. Punishing people will just make people not play the game.

Exactly. =P

By the way, when PiGPEN said "You could at least make the gap between the springs and land the size of a tile", he was commenting on how the image of the game 'looping' had been faked.

That makes sense, I was wondering what he meant by that. I had no idea that picture was faked, I just thought the person made a wrong turn somewhere. =P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 08:20:01

At 7/5/09 07:58 AM, Misterioso wrote: Don't know how I did it but here it is.

Just proves you know how to ruin the ending by decompiling (or other such hackery).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 09:20:44

I'm sorry but you guys are all fucking idiots. The game is hard because he wanted it to be. Beating a challenging game is much more rewarding than beating tons of shitty easy ones. I love playing the hacked Super Mario World levels that are really hard to beat because the satisfaction of beating them is much greater than most of the easy as shit games on Newgrounds. And the medals are just something to show for it in case you weren't screenrecording yourself during that run.

Quit complaining that the author of the game made it for the 'lulz' because he spent a good amount of time on the level design and I spent a good amount of time on the additional box art stuff.

We shouldn't have to be posting in a forum corralling medal whores so congrats to those who beat the game and a big middle finger to those who think it's a huge ordeal and the game must be burned to hell for how hard it is. Grow a pair.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 10:24:26

At 7/5/09 08:20 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
Just proves you know how to ruin the ending by decompiling (or other such hackery).

Just shows how bad a programer you are because I got it when I died!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 11:38:52

If it had been a glitch it still would have show some text in the corner.
The lack of text from the dynamic text box means the image was extracted.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 11:45:57

Also I can't believe how many people are comparing this to OCD+. That game is complete crap. In fact, it's not even a game. It's pointless tasks and useless skillsets.

This game was meant to please the audience that likes hard games, not displease the medal-whore audience.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 12:27:11

so the question is... has anyone done it yet.. and if so is there a walk though to tell you what to do!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 13:06:57

At 7/5/09 07:14 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 7/5/09 07:08 AM, iscrulz wrote: Nah screw that game only fucking idiots would try to beat the game just get the easy medal and FU2 it.
I dont like this attitude.

That would be cool if it could happen negative points. I think a hard medal to get would be clicking the ads 127 times, seeing as how people whiny and bitch about the advertising day and night.

At 7/5/09 12:27 PM, LegolaSS wrote: so the question is... has anyone done it yet.. and if so is there a walk though to tell you what to do!

Well even if there was one made, in time there will be I think it would be too hard to beat. I say go ahead and waste your time getting that precious medal.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-05 13:14:55

So I got EPICHEROES(Beat the game with all 6 heroes) But never got my 4MUSKETEER medal for beating it with just 4...Any advice on a way I could get that short of clearing my saved data and re-doing 4 of the heroes?