00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,996 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 14:34:48

At 7/16/09 02:02 PM, Haggard wrote: Hm, I got zapped serveral times and the scrotch scratcher medal did show up in game, but it doesn't show up on my profile. Maybe it is only granted if you win the game without getting zapped...

Nope, I got it at my first playthrough after getting zapped and walking back to Satan. I guess it's just a Newgrounds server thing, try again tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 14:37:15

Sorry guys, I've been tinkering with the game for the last little while to fix the secret medal bug.

Good news is, it's all worked out now and ALL the medals are achieveable.

Thanks to psychogoldfish for updating my endless tests until stuff finally worked!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:06:26

At 7/16/09 02:37 PM, BoMToons wrote: Sorry guys, I've been tinkering with the game for the last little while to fix the secret medal bug.

Thanks to psychogoldfish for updating my endless tests until stuff finally worked!

That's fantastic news, thanks a lot! Let's see if I can find my last medal :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:08:04

What I'm looking forward to is the Power of Three stuff coming out, there's obviously going to be lots of new Medal Games, and decent ones, when that comes around.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:26:23

Hooray, Depth Prober! :) It helps that when you make progress on it, you get visual confirmation you're... closer.. to probing the depths. :D

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:35:30

At 7/16/09 02:37 PM, BoMToons wrote: Sorry guys, I've been tinkering with the game for the last little while to fix the secret medal bug.

I'm loving it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:37:02

Hooray indeed, I wish all authors would care that much about fixing their medals.

While we're at that, I just read this in the author's comments of drop the bomb:

"Medals should also be working, but a fix is coming in the next couple days that should get them to 100%. The game's not easier, but it should work better. Again, please accept my sincere apologies."

Is this new or was that there before?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:44:24

As I recall, that has been there for at least a week.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 16:48:13

At 7/16/09 04:26 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Hooray, Depth Prober! :) It helps that when you make progress on it, you get visual confirmation you're... closer.. to probing the depths. :D

Yeah, I kept wondering if I was making progress when I was testing, so I added that...it was so nice I decided to leave it in for everyone!

I don't know what's wrong if medals aren't being recorded. I'd suggest clearing your cache, refreshing, clearing in-game save data, and playing in popup just to be 100% sure everything's clean.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 17:48:53

All trick or treat medals gotten...back to lastman SUPER sad face

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 17:57:26

I have a video of Lastman but only 51 seconds of footage which is the ending...
http://www.youtube.com/user/ExoduskingNe wGrounds
Anyways why does that black box appear instead of the normal box when I get the medal get for killing the beetle king.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 18:37:43

I tried and I did.... somehow but I only did it twice and that was out of sheer luck.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 20:36:18

in case you haven't noticed, these are the secret medals:

1- look at EVERY item in your bedroom.
2- talk to the horny wooden statue.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 20:57:09

At 7/16/09 08:53 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
At 7/16/09 08:36 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: in case you haven't noticed, these are the secret medals:

Ive looked at EVERY item in the bedroom and still no medal, what gives?

do I need to complete the game to get it?

i don't think so. but look VERY carefully, because every bottle or stickers and other stuff count as a single one. look at the window, desk and bed, too.
also, do the objects you already looked at turns grey to you?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 22:21:12

At 7/16/09 08:36 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: in case you haven't noticed, these are the secret medals:

I thought the points of secret medals was to not talk about them or reveal how you get them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 23:31:28

I'm relatively certain that this post breaks that one rule about revealing secret medals...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 23:32:45

At 7/16/09 11:31 PM, Ninjuku wrote:

I'm relatively certain that this post breaks that one rule about revealing secret medals...

Way to read the last post in a thread...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 00:04:06

At 7/16/09 06:17 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 7/16/09 05:57 PM, KingExodus wrote: I have a video of Lastman but only 51 seconds of footage which is the ending...
Anyways why does that black box appear instead of the normal box when I get the medal get for killing the beetle king.
I thought pigpen said you can't get on the ceiling...

It's painfully obvious he's cheating. First off you can't get up there without cheating, and the spot he starts video taping on is the spot where the cheating video (pigpen linked to it some pages back) disables the cheat. He doesn't have any other actual gameplay videos, he doesn't even attempt to make it back - which is what everybody is more interested in.

If it weren't for this video I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think this video makes it clear he cheated.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 00:05:31

At 7/17/09 12:04 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
If it weren't for this video I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but I think this video makes it clear he cheated.

Much agreed too, we need to take this to HOS for some medal list removal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 00:45:27

At 7/17/09 12:05 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

I agree. We should blam the lastman and also fix some other medal issues that people have been having with Shift 4. That way the system could go back to the way it was... Fun.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 00:52:02

At 7/17/09 12:05 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

If showing PsychoGoldfish the actual VIDEO of gdfsgdfg cheating, along with numerous confessions, and a mod saying he disapproves of gdfsgdfg's hacking, YET HE STILL HAS HIS MEDALS.... wtf makes you think a video of presumably normal gameplay will do jack shit?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 00:55:06

At 7/17/09 12:52 AM, KrevZabijak wrote:
If showing PsychoGoldfish the actual VIDEO of gdfsgdfg cheating, along with numerous confessions, and a mod saying he disapproves of gdfsgdfg's hacking, YET HE STILL HAS HIS MEDALS.... wtf makes you think a video of presumably normal gameplay will do jack shit?

I just meant getting him taken off the list like gfdsgdsgdfsdfsdgsdgfsdgsdgsd is.

For the thread purpose only.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 01:01:04

Oops, read too fast.

Can I blame Supra and Cobra? Please?

You know that's a viable excuse, what with their 72-pixel font and all distracting me from typing correctly and lowering my reading comprehension skills..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 01:32:53

Is Epic War 3 medals not working? I have the 'Heroes Cleared 6' medal and the 'Heroes Cleared 2' medal, but the 'Heroes Cleared 4' medal never registered.

Why? :/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 01:46:16

4Musketeers medal is broken, won't be fixed.. Author does not reply to PMs.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 01:50:19

At 7/17/09 01:46 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: 4Musketeers medal is broken, won't be fixed.. Author does not reply to PMs.

*sigh* 'tis a shame :P

Thanks for clearing that up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 02:16:46

At 7/17/09 01:50 AM, MedalMaster wrote:
At 7/17/09 01:46 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: 4Musketeers medal is broken, won't be fixed.. Author does not reply to PMs.
*sigh* 'tis a shame :P

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yep it is a shame...but we can't do nothin about it.

I think it's funny someone with the name medal master only has 5000 points lol

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 03:24:00

OK so l got most of the medals in TOTA...awesome game!
Also, why do you discuss about secret medals since you can easily look on a player's profile and read the description....
Anyway l don't think that KingExodus is cheating about the Beetle Battle medal, l mean come on, maybe it's just a bug (no put intended)..the game is full of 'em...the fact that "you are not supposed to be there" doesen't mean that you CAN'T go there....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 03:34:49

At 7/16/09 06:17 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 7/16/09 05:57 PM, KingExodus wrote: I have a video of Lastman but only 51 seconds of footage which is the ending...
I thought pigpen said you can't get on the ceiling...
It's painfully obvious he's cheating. First off you can't get up there without cheating, and the spot he starts video taping on is the spot where the cheating video (pigpen linked to it some pages back) disables the cheat. He doesn't have any other actual gameplay videos, he doesn't even attempt to make it back - which is what everybody is more interested in.

Okay, first of all you can get onto the ceiling. I know because I go up there every time I get to the boss, using the green spring. Can be seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbObQ22d m4 at 3:05

Still that doesn't say he isn't cheating. Why bother only recording after you're on top there? Also, with the "skills" he has shown in that video I severely doubt that he got to the endboss fair and square, and I also doubt he'd make it back to the house with that. Also his earlier explanations on how to pass the crab horde on the way back we're inexecutable.

But I tell you what KingExodus, make a video from the start to the endboss, should be no problem, because if you got the skills to get both medals you can get to the endboss every play without trouble. Takes you only 5 minutes and you will clear all doubts.

Also, if you really got the Go Home medal the normal way, please tell me what I should do at the point I died in the above video. Because I have no clue how to pass that point.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-17 06:18:15

At 7/16/09 12:28 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/16/09 12:22 PM, Auz wrote: Walking is indeed one point that annoyed me. Also I didn´t like how you had to click on the hand, talk, walk and eye icons everytime you wanted to interact with something. I feel like that wasn´t really necessary, since there was usually only one correct action for every object/person anyway. So why not just click on something and than it immediatly does what it has to do?
Well, the most fun you can get out of point and click adventures is to try the wrong action on an item. Like for example in Monkey Island 3 when you tell Guybrush to "eat burning piece of wood" he tells you: "No, I stopped doing that YEARS ago". :D

Yeah okay, that can be pretty funny. But after the 50th similar comment, it starts to become a bit tiring.

But you can always use the 1, 2, 3 and 4 keys to switch to the right action. Much faster than clicking with the mouse.

Oh I didn't know that. That would make things a bit easier I guess.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature