00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,634,881 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 00:08:27

At 7/15/09 10:54 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Secret medals are Houdini and Depth Prober, (can easily be seen on anyoe's profile that's gotten them, just like any). Just think about the actions in the game, and it's fairly straightforward.

Who has Depth Prober?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 00:30:08

At 7/15/09 11:55 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: is it beatable in under 15? the cinematics take a lot of the time up

Yep did it the second time through, you just gotta be quick about everything and know what you're doing. 15 minutes is long.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 00:50:39

Yeah medals are messed up for me too. Played through the whole game, got no medals.

Refreshed to try and see if i could get any upon refreshing, and the game went directly to the devils questions...Have a look at my medals, i'll probably try and get the rest thurs or friday

Thought i would have got the under 15 minute one :( not looking forward to that

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 01:12:13

So I am tired of clicking on EVERY single item with hand eye and chat bubble looking for the other secret...so im going to be lazy and wait til someone else gets it!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 01:21:04

At 7/16/09 01:12 AM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: So I am tired of clicking on EVERY single item with hand eye and chat bubble looking for the other secret...so im going to be lazy and wait til someone else gets it!!

well I clicked everything and no secret. Although its glitched in some parts so I assume that that's the problem.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 01:35:17

Only glitched medal is depth prober, all the others work. Try playing in popup if they're not recording, or clear your cache and refresh.

The game auto-saves, so if you are starting too far in for a medal, you will need to clear saved data from the main menu.

Depth Prober fix is uploaded, just waiting for admin approval. Probably come tomorrow.

Thanks for playing guys!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 01:47:08

At 7/16/09 01:35 AM, Mockery wrote: Only glitched medal is depth prober, all the others work. Try playing in popup if they're not recording, or clear your cache and refresh.

The game auto-saves, so if you are starting too far in for a medal, you will need to clear saved data from the main menu.

Depth Prober fix is uploaded, just waiting for admin approval. Probably come tomorrow.

Thanks for playing guys!

Thank you, Mockery! A lot of artist/programmers wouldn't have worried about a fix, but you are on the ball. For that, this medal whore saluts you!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 02:26:59

At 7/16/09 01:35 AM, Mockery wrote: Depth Prober fix is uploaded, just waiting for admin approval. Probably come tomorrow.

You are now officially my favourite author of the month.

No sarcasm intended, you just earned some fucking internets with your chivalrous display of kindness, non-assholery, and general etiquette regarding this current situation.

Bravo, and whatnot.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 03:27:40

At 7/16/09 01:35 AM, Mockery wrote: Only glitched medal is depth prober, all the others work. Try playing in popup if they're not recording, or clear your cache and refresh.

Thanks for playing guys!

No thank you for actually caring about your game enough to fix it. Also I was thinking about a quality setting but I think it might just add problems seeing as how it messed with Da Pink Knight's medals when it was added to that game. It's probably not necessary seeing as it is my computer, 6.5 year old PC FTL.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 04:44:04

At 7/15/09 04:42 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 7/15/09 04:09 AM, HeavyTank wrote: blah blah blah 5 seconds...
are you two still arguing over that still!?... come on grow up will you... mabey your computer is slightly slower then heavytanks or something... does it REALLY matter if its 5 seconds or not?... mabey your both counting from different points... for example when the timer comes up 5..4..3..2..1 or from the start of the question (around 10 secs?) but at the end of the day it DOESNT MATTER how long it is... do you really have to rant at each other over something so stupid!?... now... lets talk about medals baby... and how we can HELP people get them with tips and tricks... ok?

No it doesen't matter, the thing is, l really can't stand being called a liar.I never lied on the internet and l won't start just to prove that my timer is 2 seconds faster...
Also, that game with medals looks cool..FINALLY

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 07:52:19

What the fuck?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 08:02:02

At 7/16/09 07:52 AM, KingExodus wrote: What the fuck?

What did you do to get that screen?

Also, why did you ignore my post?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 08:11:20

I was walking normally and I left the zombie alone and then I tryed to get out but then the walls started closing in and the next thing I know I see a black screen. So I booted up the game again and next thing I know is I see this screen.

Oh and how do I use the device exactly?
And how do I know when it's working?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 09:42:50

Beat it in 15 mins quite easily.
You can just close the game if you don't know what to do, then come back after looking at a walkthrough.

Still don't know what that first secret medal is though!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 10:16:42

Can't get the medals on Trick-or-Treat.
I cleared my caches and whatnot, but still nothing.

FUCK, MAN, IDK!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 10:18:55

At 7/16/09 08:11 AM, KingExodus wrote: Oh and how do I use the device exactly?
And how do I know when it's working?

What device?

At 7/16/09 09:42 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Beat it in 15 mins quite easily.
You can just close the game if you don't know what to do, then come back after looking at a walkthrough.

True, 15 minutes is enough. Most of the time you'll stare at cinematics and wish they will go faster though :D

Still don't know what that first secret medal is though!

I think it has something to do with looking at items, but I don't know if that means we'll have to look at every single item in the game or just specific ones.
Also Mockery said something about the medal being fixed currently, so I'm not experimenting before I know for sure that the medal is working properly...

The other medals worked flawless though, and the game (especially the humor) is amazing. Nice job Mockery :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 10:21:00

At 7/16/09 10:16 AM, arthurpark wrote: Can't get the medals on Trick-or-Treat.
I cleared my caches and whatnot, but still nothing.

Did you use the popup mode? Because that's what I used and I got my medals.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 10:33:02

At 7/15/09 08:03 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: Finally a new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 8167

I didn´t like that game all that much, but it was fairly easy and had plenty of medals. Along with completing Epic War 3 and Journey of Reemus 3, I got a pretty good amount of points today :) Maybe I can even start thinking about re-entering the top 50 medals list.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 12:02:30

At 7/16/09 10:33 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/15/09 08:03 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: Finally a new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 8167
I didn´t like that game all that much,

Really? I think it's a great game, even though the "walking" could have been better. It's just annoying when the character gets stuck at a corner.
But I just have a soft spot for point and click adventures, so a point 'n' click game has to be REALLY bad before I don't like it. ^^

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 12:22:59

At 7/16/09 12:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/16/09 10:33 AM, Auz wrote: I didn´t like that game all that much,
Really? I think it's a great game, even though the "walking" could have been better. It's just annoying when the character gets stuck at a corner.

Walking is indeed one point that annoyed me. Also I didn´t like how you had to click on the hand, talk, walk and eye icons everytime you wanted to interact with something. I feel like that wasn´t really necessary, since there was usually only one correct action for every object/person anyway. So why not just click on something and than it immediatly does what it has to do?

Another thing is, most of the places outside looked the same and there were so many useless characters spread everywhere. I found that a bit confusing and the fact that most places looked the same makes exploring a lot less interesting.

So all in all, I just didn´t like it that much.

But I just have a soft spot for point and click adventures, so a point 'n' click game has to be REALLY bad before I don't like it. ^^

Unlike me. I guess Reemus Journey and A Small Favor are really good point and click adventure games, but I don´t believe I get as much enjoyment out of them as most people here do. I´m just not that big of a fan of that genre I guess.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 12:28:41

At 7/16/09 12:22 PM, Auz wrote:
At 7/16/09 12:02 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/16/09 10:33 AM, Auz wrote: I didn´t like that game all that much,
Walking is indeed one point that annoyed me. Also I didn´t like how you had to click on the hand, talk, walk and eye icons everytime you wanted to interact with something. I feel like that wasn´t really necessary, since there was usually only one correct action for every object/person anyway. So why not just click on something and than it immediatly does what it has to do?

Well, the most fun you can get out of point and click adventures is to try the wrong action on an item. Like for example in Monkey Island 3 when you tell Guybrush to "eat burning piece of wood" he tells you: "No, I stopped doing that YEARS ago". :D

But you can always use the 1, 2, 3 and 4 keys to switch to the right action. Much faster than clicking with the mouse.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 13:07:20

At 7/16/09 12:58 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Are most of them just added for as you beat the game?

Yep. :)

Or are there a few that you would just have to look out for?

Just a few, not too many. It's fun to go back and get them if you missed them the first time, but theoretically they could all be gotten first-time through. Except the 15 minute one, unless you've played it before. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 13:34:43

I finished the game and give me medals except SCROTCH SCRATCHER...strange...

Btw, how do I get CHUD MANITARIAN?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 13:39:56

At 7/16/09 01:34 PM, Ray80 wrote: I finished the game and give me medals except SCROTCH SCRATCHER...strange...

I don't know why but the radioactive hamster medal didn't show up in my profile.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 13:46:23

Lot of server errors right now, is what I'm assuming the immediate problem is.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 13:58:00

At 7/16/09 12:58 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: So what are most of the medals in that game? Are most of them just added for as you beat the game? Or are there a few that you would just have to look out for?

The medals that require repeat play thru are
Zapped/ScrothScratcher (you may be able to get zapped then immediatly go back to devils quesations and get scrotch scratcher, Im not sure)
C.H.U.D.er Cheese/ C.H.U.D.Manatarian - to get both requires a second playthru, just dont chop up the sewer zombie thing one of the times. it doesnt effect game play at all. I reccomend doing C.H.U.D Manatarian on your first run thru so you only have to play to the sewers to get C.H.U.D.er Cheese.
If your trying for the Speed run not chopping him up saves time.
the other non garunetees are watching the intro and ending, but those are pretty self explanitory and require pretty much no work.
Of course the secret medals arent from natural game play either

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 13:59:16

At 7/16/09 01:46 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: Lot of server errors right now, is what I'm assuming the immediate problem is.

I think so too. Didn't get the medal for beating the hellhound and no medal for beating satan. But I got the medal for watching the entire end scene and all credits.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 14:02:17

At 7/16/09 01:58 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote:
At 7/16/09 12:58 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: So what are most of the medals in that game? Are most of them just added for as you beat the game? Or are there a few that you would just have to look out for?
The medals that require repeat play thru are
Zapped/ScrothScratcher (you may be able to get zapped then immediatly go back to devils quesations and get scrotch scratcher, Im not sure)

Hm, I got zapped serveral times and the scrotch scratcher medal did show up in game, but it doesn't show up on my profile. Maybe it is only granted if you win the game without getting zapped...
Still doesn't explain why the Hellhound medal doesn't show up, though. ^^

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 14:02:47

*Nods to Haggard*

Have tried twice to get the one medal I missed last night, not dicing up the chud. Have played through twice, left the chud alive, and no medal. Rawr.

Also, am I the only one for whom the second-to-last smiley is not loading?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-16 14:12:36

At 7/16/09 01:34 PM, Ray80 wrote: I finished the game and give me medals except SCROTCH SCRATCHER...strange...

When you lure the C.H.U.D into the fan, DO NOT turn the fan on, just go back to the screen where you met the C.H.U.D, then fix the broken pipe with the horn+taffy combo and continue through the game as normal.

BBS Signature