00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

perilsofafrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Drumming Club

16,238 Views | 213 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-20 11:40:02

At 6/19/09 02:11 PM, coddude321 wrote:
At 6/19/09 09:54 AM, Lkoz91 wrote: Well we didn't record the vocals and the songs were done in a friend's basement so they sound like ass but here's the link.
That sounded really good. I really liked the intro on the drums. It left me wanting to hear more. Good luck with the show.

Thanks man, means a lot. We recorded my friend doing the vocals just to hand out demos before the show so I might post that up on the audio portal later.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-20 14:52:57

Tell us about yourself: I started ma drummin in 4th grade. im goin into eighth now.
What style do you play I play rock, hard rock, blues, and whateverelse my friends want me to play! :D
What kind of drums do you play: I assume this means my brand?? I use pearl drums with evans heads, i have a pearl VSX vision as my current set.
Any bands that you're currently/were drumming in: i play with my friends who play bass and guitar. were looking for a singer so yeah. not a complete band yet.

I like drumming!

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-20 17:19:08

At 6/20/09 11:40 AM, Lkoz91 wrote:
At 6/19/09 02:11 PM, coddude321 wrote: At 6/19/09 09:54 AM, Lkoz91wrote:
Thanks man, means a lot. We recorded my friend doing the vocals just to hand out demos before the show so I might post that up on the audio portal later.

No problem. Im normally a fan of kinda hard rock, bass sound but that was really good.

The Originals //::// Drumming //::// KoL //://

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-20 21:22:20

Sorry to double post but i wanted to ask, whats your bands name?

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-21 07:54:25

At 6/19/09 09:54 AM, Lkoz91 wrote: Well we didn't record the vocals and the songs were done in a friend's basement so they sound like ass but here's the link.

I was just dropping in but I won't be a member. But that sounds, very very good! Infact it's download worthy!

The Vocals and Drums are great! Keep it up!

)

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-21 09:00:45

Hey, I'm interested in joining.
I only started drumming about a month ago, but the school I'm in is WONDERFUL, and I'd consider myself a competent drummer already. The kit I use is a Performance Percussion (never heard of them either) 5 piece and I really need a new one, because the hi-hat is screwed and the snare stand is too big. My main styles are funk, jazz and rock, but I want to branch out into metal styles and incorporate double-bass drumming.

I'm in a band called Shot Down at the moment and we do occasional gigs at pubs and youth centres.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-22 00:29:22

At 6/20/09 09:22 PM, coddude321 wrote: Sorry to double post but i wanted to ask, whats your bands name?

Merge is our new band name. We had to think of one short notice since we got the show and they need to put a name up on the flyer. Btw thanks for all the posative feedback guys. It's appreciated.

Also, welcome to all the new members, I'm really glad that this is taking off and seems to be getting more active in the NG community.

On a side note, me and my friend dan are working on a new song and have what we wrote so far recorded. IMO I think it's our best song yet and it's not done yet. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress of it and hopefully we'll get it finished in time for the show. I'll record it once we finish it and post it on youtube. As for now there's just a clip of it on my computer, if anyone would like to see it just IM me at Lkoz524 on AIM.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-22 19:29:25

Just little something here but for anyone who has an ipod you can watch video on, there's a vic firth podcast for drum set, marching band, and drum line drumming that is pretty cool. They had a really cool two part interview with jojo mayer on the drum set portion

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-25 19:05:20

So I found out that after my show on July 12th (btw we're not opening anymore, we're playing second to last which is awesome) we're gonna rent out a couple of rooms and throw an afterparty in the hotel. Should be a fun time. I can't wait.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-25 22:30:36

At 6/25/09 07:05 PM, Lkoz91 wrote: So I found out that after my show on July 12th (btw we're not opening anymore, we're playing second to last which is awesome) we're gonna rent out a couple of rooms and throw an afterparty in the hotel.

i need some video of that!!!

only if possible

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-25 23:08:00

At 6/25/09 10:30 PM, coddude321 wrote:
At 6/25/09 07:05 PM, Lkoz91 wrote: So I found out that after my show on July 12th (btw we're not opening anymore, we're playing second to last which is awesome) we're gonna rent out a couple of rooms and throw an afterparty in the hotel.
i need some video of that!!!

only if possible

Idk if I'll be able to get a video of us playing but I'm asking a couple of friends, whoever can make it, that are pretty legit photographers to take pictures of us. It would be sick to have professional pictures of us on our myspace (which desperately needs some help). It is just so bleak looking and no one cares for it anymore. Plus, today bands need a myspace. Everyone uses that site for music moreso anything else.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-29 21:46:24

At 6/18/09 01:02 PM, coddude321 wrote: Just keeping this alive I guess. I was just wondering, my teacher has got me on the binary code thing for drums created by a drummer whose name I cannot remember but I will have for you hopefully on Saturday.
It goes by sixteenth notes where you play on a dot and skip on dashes.

Are you describing John Bonham-style triplets?

Dead.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-30 13:22:18

At 6/29/09 09:46 PM, Elfer wrote:
Are you describing John Bonham-style triplets?

I dont think so, but it might be. The name seems familiar but they aren't triplets. They're treated as sixteenth notes and the idea is to give you an awareness of the beginning of measures and an easy way to form patterns of drumming.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-30 13:43:01

Does anyone know how to read tabs for drums?

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-30 23:47:25

Yes. Is there a pic of the tabs? And i suggest playing by ear if u can but if its an original song then i could help

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-06-30 23:49:41

Oh there's no specific song. I was just curious to learn about them. Playing by ear is the only thing I've been doing haha. That's my favorite part about the drums.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-07-03 11:32:42

At 6/30/09 11:49 PM, Lkoz91 wrote: Oh there's no specific song. I was just curious to learn about them. Playing by ear is the only thing I've been doing haha. That's my favorite part about the drums.

Me too. I cannot see how almost any other instrument can be played by ear. Like guitar, it would take far too long to find out what exact notes and everything. The most complicated part about playing by ear is the memorization, and the deciphering of the specific toms and cymbals. It would be hard to explain how to play by tabs but I think I could.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-07-03 13:07:34

It would just be good to know how to read tabs for more advanced parts on the drums. Although many times I can get it to sound like the part I'm listening to, but it might not be the exact way the drummer plays it. I find it a lot of fun to play a song the exact way it's written.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-07-05 18:11:13

What do you guys reccomend I get next for my drumset? I've got a 15" crash and an 18" crash/ride. I want a cowbell but I'm not really sure thats the best thing to get right away.

And don't say double bass drum pedal. I'm saving up for that.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-07-05 18:12:59

Also lkoz, here is a pretty detailed instruction on how to read drum tabs.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-08-07 12:28:11

OK so this REALLY needed a bump. Cmon guys lets not let this completely die off.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-08-07 15:51:56

My ability to groove it up is getting better - ie, I can move out of simple Bass, Snare, Bass, Snare 4/4 beats a bit now. I need tightening a bit but I'm coming on and I've still only been playing for 2 months.

I've sorted out my kit too (a bit, my hi hat is loose and keeps drooping and my floor tom pad needs to be moved as its out of the way), and by that I mean I've sorted out the mix so it sounds good and everything is at a decent volume.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-08-08 13:23:48

Does anyone know if I can link you guys to videos I have on my facebook? If so I've got about 3 up there that are songs my band plays (however its only guitar and drums in the videos).

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-08-09 21:23:17

At 8/8/09 01:23 PM, Lkoz91 wrote: Does anyone know if I can link you guys to videos I have on my facebook? If so I've got about 3 up there that are songs my band plays (however its only guitar and drums in the videos).

Idk. I'm not sure if you can link to websites like that. I'd think so but if you have privacy on than we'd have to be your friend on facebook. Go for it.

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-08-09 23:29:57

I'm not sure how to link it to my facebook. I would put them up on youtube but I'm just too lazy right now. Tomorrow or the day after I'm gonna try and record a cover. Not sure which song yet, but once I record it and put it up on youtube, I'll post it on here.

Anyone have any covers recorded? Or any videos of yourself playing the drums? Pictures will do too!!!

This is from my current band's first show.

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-08-13 00:35:51

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-10-07 19:05:23

I set up my drumkit the other day to a spec that wasn't so useless. Picture of how it is, is below.
As a noob however, and due to this kits level of changebility, I'm not sure how ideal things are. So I'd like some tips perhaps on how to re-arrange parts.

I think my snares a bit high. Possibly my "floor tom" too.

NG Drumming Club

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-10-11 13:28:27

Idk about u but personally i like my two middle toms closer to the middle inbetween my snare and floor tom. But its hard for me to twll from just a picture and not sitting behing it. Looks pretty cool though

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-11-28 23:51:29

Hey guys im missing jack and play funk, rock, and metal style drumming and I would like to join this club if that be cool with u guys.

member of the Metal Hell and NG drumming club

Response to NG Drumming Club 2009-11-29 00:03:45

At 11/28/09 11:51 PM, missingjack wrote: Hey guys im missing jack and play funk, rock, and metal style drumming and I would like to join this club if that be cool with u guys.

Sry missed this up. My name is missing jack and the kind of drums I play are Yammaha with Paiste cymbals and Vic Firth Sticks. The styles I like to play are Funk, Rock, and Metal and right now Im learning jazz. What inspires me always changes but the main guys are Danny Carey of Tool, Brann Dailor of Mastodon, Terry Bozzio, Buddy Rich, tim Alexander of Primus, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, and Keith Moon of The Who. And as for the band thing me and my friends are trying to make a metal band called Burning Disator.

member of the Metal Hell and NG drumming club