00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gumroad08 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

British Anti-Marijuana Ad

3,247 Views | 61 Replies

British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:26:43

Hahaha, those silly Britons. Although they may have bad teeth, they sure know how to make a good anti-smoking ad. We here in the United States, with the worst, unfunny, and stupid anti-weed commercials in the world, are forced to watch said commercials over and over again.
So, Britons, my question is this. Would you say British people are more lax about drug control than in America, or more hard?

Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:32:39

At 3/2/09 10:26 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Hahaha, those silly Britons.

Britons? Isn't it Britains?

Sandwich!

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:35:32

There were far more 'Cool Simons' then 'uncoool Simons', I think the positive effects outweigh the negative ones.

But yeah, that was actually a pretty decent commercial. Doesn't make me want to become a druggie just to spite them.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:39:22

I like it.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:42:47

that's a nice little ad.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:48:09

That was an awesome cmmercial. They put a lot more effort into it than us.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:52:05

At 3/2/09 10:35 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: But yeah, that was actually a pretty decent commercial. Doesn't make me want to become a druggie just to spite them.

Exactly... American commercials in general are so uncreative... They lack wit, they lack a punch.

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:52:42

all anti-marijuana ads are fucking retarded, anyone who is anti-marijuana is a fucking retard. even though i will say the brit one at least has something to do with weed, unlike all american ads which are just random bullshit and then tells you it's anti-weed at the end.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 22:55:21

At 3/2/09 10:26 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Hahaha, those silly Britons. Although they may have bad teeth, they sure know how to make a good anti-smoking ad. We here in the United States, with the worst, unfunny, and stupid anti-weed commercials in the world, are forced to watch said commercials over and over again.
So, Britons, my question is this. Would you say British people are more lax about drug control than in America, or more hard?

On the note of those "Above the influence" ads.

There is a lovely collection of parodies here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/dru gs

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 23:16:24

I find pot just brings out who people really are, I noticed that people who get paranoid/lazy/depressed were already like that before they started smoking pot, its just people forget when there high how to cover who they really are and people notice.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 23:18:55

Haha that was actually pretty well done.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 23:19:32

At 3/2/09 10:52 PM, MadCow wrote: all anti-marijuana ads are fucking retarded, anyone who is anti-marijuana is a fucking retard. even though i will say the brit one at least has something to do with weed, unlike all american ads which are just random bullshit and then tells you it's anti-weed at the end.

wow dude Im behind you but you gotta come up with better reasons than just calling them retarded

My book of faces

My Xbox Gamertag: AngeltheArson

How about you check out the cool shirts we make by clicking on my sig? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-02 23:20:38

"Anti-Marijuana Ads! Pffft. How dare they?", I say, as I sit back and take a huge choof on a well packed pipe of my favourite green...........cough! omg, what a rush! cough!

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:10:27

Dude, I have hyperphobia, just the act of living garuntees I'll have a nervous breakdown and paranoia.

:I'll still smoke, though, fuck Britain!

The reason they call it the American dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it

--- George Carlin Z? Z? Question Sleep Z? Z?

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:19:03

At 3/2/09 10:52 PM, MadCow wrote: all anti-marijuana ads are fucking retarded, anyone who is anti-marijuana is a fucking retard. even though i will say the brit one at least has something to do with weed, unlike all american ads which are just random bullshit and then tells you it's anti-weed at the end.

There should be stricter penalties for marijuana consumption and possession.
There should also be a carpet ban on alcohol and tobacco, with possession punishable by extradition to Guantanamo Bay.

Take your drunken ass and go hang out with the terrorists, where you belong.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:21:12

legit, i loooove how everyone thinks weed is sooo bad. all these commercials, EXPECIALLY the one with the dog (about weed) SHOULD be talking more about crack or heroin or some other hard shit. i mean literally, when you blaze, yeah you get a little giggly, forgetful, and munchy, biut that shit wears off after a nap or a few hours of ENJOYABLE (key word: ENJOYABLE) relaxing time. whats so bad about smoking weed? i love it. fuck all of you nay-sayers. im going to roll a blunt now. PEACE!

Yeah, I bet you do.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:32:08

At 3/2/09 10:32 PM, EL-7 wrote:
At 3/2/09 10:26 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Hahaha, those silly Britons.
Britons? Isn't it Britains?

Britons was an old term. And I think you mean British.

AND AMERICAN COMMERCIALS ARE IN CANADA TOO, DON'T FORGET. WE GET THE SAME ADVERTISEMENTS!!!

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:47:02

panic attacks? who the fuck gets panic attacks from smoking wed

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:51:35

At 3/2/09 11:19 PM, AngelSierra wrote:
wow dude Im behind you but you gotta come up with better reasons than just calling them retarded

i dont feel like typing all the reasons they're fucking retarded. all the information is out there. weed is harmless, it doesnt necessarily have to be legalized, but definitely decriminalized nationwide. it'll prolly be legal here in california in a year or 2 tho.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 00:53:50

At 3/3/09 12:47 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: panic attacks? who the fuck gets panic attacks from smoking wed

Alot of people.

I really just get relaxed.

I'm so high...

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:10:15

At 3/3/09 12:47 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: panic attacks? who the fuck gets panic attacks from smoking wed

ONCE in the three years of constant weed smoking that was the last three years of my life have I had anything even CLOSE to a panic attack, and that was when after three weeks without smoking I smoked some DANK shit and had an acid flashback. And that was more discomfort with te unfamiliar and unexpected disassociation.

And even then, once I realized it, it was fun.

If you're gonna panic from weed, you're gonna panic when your dog gets inside when you're trying to put it out, and as such are not the type for mind alteration. Avoid extremes because you're either emotionally and mentally unstable to begin with or just a PUSSY.

Weed is fine.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:13:04

At 3/2/09 10:48 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: That was an awesome cmmercial. They put a lot more effort into it than us.

I think it's quite accurate.

Because it shows that you are in control.

You choose to open the door, you decide how it effects you.

The ad doesn't really do that of course but the concept is good.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:22:07

At 3/3/09 01:10 AM, Lagerkapo wrote:

:. And that was more discomfort with te unfamiliar and unexpected disassociation.
lsd isnt a dissociative

And even then, once I realized it, it was fun.

Avoid extremes because you're either emotionally and mentally unstable to begin with or just a PUSSY.

because having triggered via a rapid heart beat makes you a pusy

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:23:03

it doesn't make you a pussy, it makes you not in control of yourself

breath slowly

wow look at that you just slowed your heart beat down

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:23:09

silly british people

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:24:58

breath slowly

wow look at that you just slowed your heart beat down

that really wont work

you can also have orthostatic hypotension or a brownout and panic from that

ive never smoked weed though

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:25:48

yes. the body can do things for myriad reasons.

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:27:45

At 3/2/09 11:19 PM, AngelSierra wrote: wow dude Im behind you but you gotta come up with better reasons than just calling them retarded

Because a dog spoke to that chick and she didn't burst out laughing.

Retarded.

| Help me updot my signiture |

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 01:58:44

Strangely enough; I haven't seen a single anti weed ad in Australia at all this year...

The voiceover guy has a great voice XD

BBS Signature

Response to British Anti-Marijuana Ad 2009-03-03 02:34:58

That commercial should get an award, it's too awesome.

And those are symptons of smoking weed, which makes it all the better.

THEY WON THE FUCKING INTERNETS!

gorp

BBS Signature