00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RayRassaArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,786,612 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 14:15:29

Does anyone know where I can find some (free) traditional/ethnic Japanese percussion samples? Specifically I need a hyoshigi, mokugyo, and taiko drums.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 14:21:33

In Japania.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 14:32:00

At 10/18/11 02:15 PM, Psil0 wrote: Does anyone know where I can find some (free) traditional/ethnic Japanese percussion samples? Specifically I need a hyoshigi, mokugyo, and taiko drums.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Find a hippy, beat him up, hope to a deity that no one aw then record samples..???? Profit!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 15:45:52

Job

I has it. Just have to go in on Friday to get the paperwork sorted out and then I'm a "Junior Web Developer".
The absolutely ridiculously intensive weeks of jobseeking and applying have paid off.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 15:56:01

At 10/18/11 03:48 PM, LaForge wrote: Wow, congrats Mich! That's some excellent news! Just goes to show that persistence and education pay off.

Thanks man. :) But to be fair, it's actually in a field I didn't get any formal education in. My web development experience is purely through hobby projects. You can tell that making "that one website" that didn't turn out very popular did have a good result in the end. ;-) If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't nearly have as much experience in the field.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 17:07:23

At 10/18/11 03:56 PM, Mich wrote:
At 10/18/11 03:48 PM, LaForge wrote: Wow, congrats Mich! That's some excellent news! Just goes to show that persistence and education pay off.
Thanks man. :) But to be fair, it's actually in a field I didn't get any formal education in.

Dude, some of the most outstanding people in their respective careers have never gotten "formal training" for it.

Maybe you're just leet. :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 20:16:02

At 10/18/11 07:50 PM, LaForge wrote: education doesn't have to be formal. your tireless hours programming "that one site" is education enough.

on another note, my band's first song just dropped, hit the link up in my siggy if you wanna hear it.

Somebody went crazy with the compressors, lol.

I just, pretty much, finished my song for the NG Album Project and I feel pretty good about it. It'd be cool if it got in, but if it didn't, it'd still rock, because then I could put it on my album. On the 23rd is when the submission period ends, which is also when my internet shit replenishes, yay.

Speaking of jobs

No, not that silly faggot Steve Jobs. I got a call today to go to an interview for a job tomorrow. It's about god damned time. This shows that referrals rock.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 21:43:59

I've been listening to a lot of Porcupine Tree, good music if you're into Prog Rock.

As for my own music I can't seem to get anything started anymore. Blah.

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 22:08:12

2 albums, one of which is just a bunch of songs from NG ported over to Bandcamp :P

BC | SC | FB

USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 22:57:57

At 10/18/11 04:14 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Royally Pissed

So, I posted a while back about Gamestop shipping an order I had cancelled... Well, the package had arrived at my door, and I told the delivery driver (From UPS) to send it back to gamestop.

Then a few days later I get an update on the UPS tracker saying:
The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery. / UPS will contact the sender and/or receiver regarding the status or disposition of this package.
Cool cool.. I've already told Gamestop that I'm sending it back, no problem.
Oh wait... the next day, I get this:
Package abandoned by the sender and the receiver.
So I made it crystal clear that I had cancelled my order well before they decided to ship it, they ship it anyways, I send them an email before it arrives saying I'm gonna send it back so I can get a refund, then they decide they aren't gonna take it back, which destroys my chance at getting a refund.

I've already sent a very angry email to their customer service, so really, I'm just venting. THEY fucked up, and they're gonna make me pay $70 for it, best part is that I turned the package away at the door, which means I'm paying $70 for fuck all.

Real... fucking... frustrating.

I just read the entire discussion about this and I'm dumbfounded at how badly they mishandled the situation. I just had a Gamestop open in my town, and they've been nothing but great to me. I had a busted Wii that they took off my hands for a refund on a replacement, so I've just been nothing but satisfied with them. I perceive Gamestop as being a pretty solid video game service, if not the most solid from my experience. Aside from the unrelenting attempts at an upsell, I'm cool with the people there.

Still, reading about your situation, damn. Just damn. I really hope everything works out for you. Does this sort of thing happen often? Not like the whole "Fuck you, you're getting this package whether you like it or not" deal, but just general mishaps involving the products you get from them.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-18 23:12:07

At 10/18/11 10:57 PM, RetromanOMG wrote: Still, reading about your situation, damn. Just damn. I really hope everything works out for you. Does this sort of thing happen often? Not like the whole "Fuck you, you're getting this package whether you like it or not" deal, but just general mishaps involving the products you get from them.

No, this is the first time I've ever had a problem dealing with Gamestop, and like I said before, I've been a long time customer, I usually order a lot of cult hits, older games, or imports that I can't find in local stores from the Gamestop website (.ca if possible, .com if not), and the worst I've ever had until this incident was a case was slightly cracked during delivery (The game itself was fine though, so I wasn't really upset about it).

I'm still waiting on a response about why they turned the package away when they knew I sent it back so I can get a refund... And like I said, if it doesn't work out through their online customer service, I'll start making phone calls.

I don't intend to stop using gamestop just yet, but if they give me a lot of grief over the phone as well, I may very well stop ordering from them... Cause so far, this is just ridiculous.

I've had a similar incident in the past, where I ordered a game, cancelled it, then the company (Not Gamestop) shipped it anyways, however, they resolved it by telling me to keep the game free of charge... Of course, I had already picked the game up locally... so now I have two copies... but I did get a free collectors edition with a bonus you could only get via online order... so I walked away from that pretty happy.
This is quite the contrast.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 01:33:03

Damn. This would sound like shit.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 01:56:01

At 10/19/11 01:33 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Damn. This would sound like shit.

Because nobody could (or would) possibly play this.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 02:37:42

At 10/19/11 01:56 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 10/19/11 01:33 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Damn. This would sound like shit.
Because nobody could (or would) possibly play this.

Am I the first one to notice that there's a face in that score?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 02:47:21

At 10/19/11 02:37 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Am I the first one to notice that there's a face in that score?

NO

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 03:40:24

Guess What?

My headset just crapped out on me. I am so fuckin' glad I got that song done or else I'd be fucked.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 03:59:26

If your morals wont let you fuck someone, write a song about them... it eases the testicular frustration

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 08:48:34

At 10/19/11 03:59 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: If your morals wont let you fuck someone, write a song about them... it eases the testicular frustration

*Noted for reference.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 08:53:16

At 10/19/11 03:59 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: If your morals wont let you fuck someone, write a song about them... it eases the testicular frustration

~SymbolCymbal 2011

heartwarming.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 08:57:30

Greatest Quote Ever.

Period. No discussion

Here be dragons... No... Just kidding. That's a wall, I do believe.

//ROMULUS\\

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 09:24:06

Lions, Tigers, and Bears... OH MY GOD!

Sooooo... wild/exotic animals are on the loose in my state, here be the story Story

Also, this isn't really that far from where I live. Maybe an hour (or two) at the most away. Crazy stuff. I just kinda wish they'd make more of an effort to capture the animals, though I understand the position of protecting the public's well being and making sure no one gets hurt.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 09:47:10

At 10/19/11 09:24 AM, Psil0 wrote: Lions, Tigers, and Bears... OH MY GOD!

Sooooo... wild/exotic animals are on the loose in my state, here be the story Story

I saw that on TV this morning before I left for school! Crazy stuff man.

Here be dragons... No... Just kidding. That's a wall, I do believe.

//ROMULUS\\

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 10:37:31

At 10/19/11 03:40 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Guess What?

My headset just crapped out on me.

When I read this I pictured a load of crap spouting out of the headset and into your ears.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 14:02:44

Release exotic animals then slaughter them.

I like your state.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 16:40:30

Gamestop Nightmare

Look like I'm finally getting a happy ending, Gamestop responded to my email saying they issued a refund request despite the package never making it back to their warehouse.

Thank god that's over, was a major pain in the ass... but it's finally over.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 17:08:16

I decided to get Bob Katz' book about mastering audio. Hopefully it's worth it (but as far as I know it really is).

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 18:09:13

At 10/19/11 05:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: I decided to get Bob Katz' book about mastering audio. Hopefully it's worth it (but as far as I know it really is).

Its supposed to be really good, yeah. I mean after all, he's the king of master of the universe

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 19:40:34

Well, today I asked out this girl I knew for a while

She said yes, but no :/

She said that she promised that she wouldn't date for a while, but then she said that when she can date again, she'll date me :o

What should I do?

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 19:59:04

Keep in touch, but dont do anything clingy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 20:11:57

At 10/19/11 07:59 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Keep in touch, but dont do anything clingy.

Yea, good advice dude.
Seriously though

This is my first yes from a girl XD

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee