00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,779,776 Views | 34,311 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 20:19:13

At 10/19/11 08:11 PM, dj-Jo wrote:
At 10/19/11 07:59 PM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Keep in touch, but dont do anything clingy.
Yea, good advice dude.
Seriously though

More specifically: don't keep asking her about it.

And imo more importantly, don't get secretly obsessed with her without showing it at all and then gush out all your feelings at once so she's all like lol wtf. Lots of guys do this at least once in their life, self included! It's dumb, fo' real.

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 21:01:23

At 10/19/11 08:11 PM, dj-Jo wrote:

This is my first yes from a girl XD

I'm in the same boat. Only my situation is a bit strange. I picked up a lot of interest signals from her - so a month ago I asked her out. She replied all happily like with 'Can I get back to you?' and left while pretending to have a phone call. After that happened, we got to know each other more so last week I invited her out for coffee after school - she said she wasn't sure how busy she would be tomorrow but she did accept the offer. So, tomorrow I'll find out if I am actually going to date this girl. If she doesn't come up to me, I don't know what I'll do.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 21:16:33

@ Above

Yeah, that kinda sounds a little awkward.
Hmm, I wouldn't really know what to do in a situation like that :o

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 21:18:48

At 10/19/11 09:16 PM, dj-Jo wrote: @ Above

Yeah, that kinda sounds a little awkward.
Hmm, I wouldn't really know what to do in a situation like that :o

Well, it could be her first experience. I don't recall anyone saying she has ever dated anyone.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 21:37:15

Girls

Are just as quirky, awkward, non-graceful and accidentally disrespectful just as often as you guys might feel you can be.

Don't count on your reading signals skill, and don't count on them to be sending out the right signals. :P

Constant state of disarray! Ahhhhhhh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 23:15:02

At 10/19/11 09:37 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Girls

Don't count on your reading signals skill, and don't count on them to be sending out the right signals. :P

Of course. The only reason why I think she has interest is because I keep catching her glancing and /or staring at me.

lulz

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 23:31:06

Advice
Don't bring gifts on a first "Date", or hangout to possibly be a date. Don't buy a bunch of crap over a long period of time in the hope of something. Don't keep asking over and over about it. And most importantly, don't tell her "Tits or GTFO" or you may be dickless for the night

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-19 23:42:23

At 10/19/11 11:15 PM, Sequenced wrote: The only reason why I think she has interest is because I keep catching her glancing and /or staring at me.

If that's the case, 90% of women I meet have interest in me...

Not hard to believe, really.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 12:20:44

Lol wow i have been gone this long and i come back to see this....

Lol shit hasent changed a bit!

oh btw LOVE U GUYS

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 13:46:31

Gaddafi is dead

Thoughts?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 13:48:58

At 10/20/11 01:46 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Gaddafi is dead

Thoughts?

Im sure he doesn't have any thoughts, considering he's dead and all...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 14:01:01

Gaddafi is dead

That's great and all but am I the only one who felt a sharp pang of pity when I realised that he was killed rather than captured?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 14:07:58

At 10/20/11 02:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Gaddafi is dead

That's great and all but am I the only one who felt a sharp pang of pity when I realised that he was killed rather than captured?

Pity he wasn't caught, brought to justice, tortured, raped and then killed?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 14:08:36

At 10/20/11 02:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Gaddafi is dead

Lol why pity? He was only shot to death, he deserved worse.

I just think its fishy that another ruthless dictator is killed, but his body is only photographed by sketchy sources.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 14:26:38

Thoughts?

He had a golden gun by him, so more than likely there is one other person dead from a one shot kill out there

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 16:14:07

Musical Tryouts

Anyone got experience for trying out in a musical?

I've never had formal vocal coaching, and I've never really even sung in public, so Im going to be extremely nervous. But I think my voice is actually really good (compared to the people at my school).

Gonna be singing "something there" from beauty and the beast, trying out for beauty and the beast.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 16:36:47

At 10/20/11 04:14 PM, jpbear wrote: Musical Tryouts

I find musicals annoying.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 16:53:00

Just be eccentric and try to brush the character forth from within your heart. My eccentricity/stoicity has gotten me things I didn't think I'd get in the music scene. Just try your best and if you get nervous, just use that as a propellant for emotion.

When I gave speeches or read aloud, people loved it, because I would use these techniques. (Of course, it took me until just now to understand what I was doing.)

At 10/20/11 02:26 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:

Thoughts?
He had a golden gun by him, so more than likely there is one other person dead from a one shot kill out there

OH SHIT!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 17:33:42

I do, because I played in one myself. Well, actually I was the drummer of the orchestra but it was still pretty cool. Just keep in mind: when the try-out sucks, the actual play will rock.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 20:06:04

At 10/20/11 05:33 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:

I do, because I played in one myself. Well, actually I was the drummer of the orchestra but it was still pretty cool. Just keep in mind: when the try-out sucks, the actual play will rock.

Yea, after try outs is usually when everything gets fun

But... whenever I tried out for something so far, All I did was a piano improv on everything i knew
Cause i specialize in improv

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 20:52:59

I actually had a more recent experience with a musical actually. for my tryout song i sang "Turn The Page" by Bob Segar. And i had only practiced it a few hours before the audition.

But somehow they accepted me. And there are a few things that you might have to do, is sing and dance and act all at once, and it can be a bit intimidating at first, but once you get more comfortable with yourself and the people around you, it becomes easier to be fun

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 23:08:46

At 10/20/11 04:36 PM, Sequenced wrote:

Thats pretty prejudice lol, some great music and stories can be found throughout musicals.

Thanks for the tips guise ^.^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-20 23:14:19

At 10/20/11 04:36 PM, Sequenced wrote:

They are for most people, but thats why it's so easy to just tell yourself "Hey since i don't like them, i just simply wont go!" Don't pull youtube logic and go just so you can bash on it later.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 03:05:27

Nightcore

So... I just realized that "Nightcore" is apparently a "genre" of music wherein people with no talent just speed up other artists songs (Or so the urban dictionary leads me to believe).
And here I always though Nightcore was the name of some DJ that blatantly stole the vocals and melodies from other producers.

I feel so smart.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 04:47:56

At 10/21/11 03:05 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So... I just realized that, "Nightcore," is apparently a, "bullshit excuse," for music wherein assholes just speed up not-assholes songs (Or so the urban dictionary leads me to believe).
And here I always thought, "Nightcore," was the name of when your wife farts in bed and wakes you up.

I'm so much better than, "Nightcore."

Hey man, I fixed your post to make it more truthful.

Seriously, a whole, "bullshit excuse," built on ripping off not-assholes in the most retarded of ways?

Pfft.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 05:52:47

Can anybody point me towards any "musician wanted" threads that we might have floating around? Not animators looking for producers, more like guitarists looking for drummers. I feel like we've tried collating this stuff into the one thread before, but it never quite caught on?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 09:18:44

At 10/20/11 02:08 PM, jpbear wrote:
Lol why pity? He was only shot to death, he deserved worse.

I just think its fishy that another ruthless dictator is killed, but his body is only photographed by sketchy sources.

Have you seen the news?

He was found by the rebels, not by any one country's army. That's why it was a sketchy source lol
They beat the shit out of him, dragged him through the streets, pulled out his hair, etc. THEN shot him.
Honestly, he probably deserved worse than what he got here. The man was brutal, and the things he did to his own people was ridiculous (and worse than what happened to him).

I don't want to get into politics here, we already have a forum for that, so change of gears.

What are you guys being for Halloween?

I know, there is that phase in everyone's life where they're like 'I'm not dressing up, that's dumb.' I still believe that, but I won't care when I'm hammered.

The GF and I are being the characters from Grease (she picked them). Anyways, what are you guys doing?

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 09:43:11

At 10/19/11 11:42 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Not hard to believe, really.

At least you admit it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 10:47:28

Top 100 DJs

David Guetta is First.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-10-21 11:16:39

At 10/21/11 10:47 AM, Decibel wrote: Top 100 DJs

David Guetta is First.

Are you fucking kidding me?

its probably the stupidest chart that exists lol.