00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nickker101 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,803,652 Views | 34,326 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 04:19:01

art forum

yeah, but srsly chron, this right here is why people think you came out as a dick. it's all about how you put things:

At 8/18/09 06:10 PM, Chronamut wrote: I will tell you this right now - colouring on paper takes a lot more skill and effort than on a computer - your range of colours isn't infinite - there is no undo button, and you can't layer light colours over darks (unless you're painting..)

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 11:24:16

At 8/19/09 01:21 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: i need to go to the next camp bisco, sadly i missed this year as well.:(

Screw that. I'm going to Orbfest out in the Adirondacks next year.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 11:25:24

Rucklo, congrats on 15,000 posts!

At 8/19/09 11:14 AM, Chronamut wrote: sorry - I should have put an 'IN MY HUMBLE OPINION' - but I always assumed that when you state something and then offer concrete facts and points to support it people will respect your opinion - guess not - just like the fucking politics forums.

I have to disagree with you on this Chron. I understand you were trying to make a contemporary art forum thread and all, but the way you stated things and the way you came off kind of sounded like you were degrading people who use computers to make art. That's just how it came off to me.

I understand where you are coming from, but I also understand where they are coming from. The way the thread sounded was kind of like someone from the Art Portal coming here and saying "People who make music digitally aren't as good as people who make it with real instruments."

I'm not picking sides here, I'm just saying that the thread was blowing up and turning very hostile.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 13:02:03

At 8/19/09 11:26 AM, Chronamut wrote: well then it was a miscommunication on my part - but also immature on their part. So we all fail. -.-

You all fail. Don't drag the audio peeps into this. XP

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 14:44:23

There is no such thing as a humble opinion.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 15:26:02

ajj, i'm so tired of working...jes...when it's all the monetary system going to change? so i can smoke and drink all day and do nothing...

>8(

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 16:26:42

Well, I'm glad THAT'S over with...but it certainly was a good read. Something to read while I'm jamming to my trance.

So...I'm ready to move on to a new topic here:

The sub-genre of Dream Trance: Is it meant to make you sleepy and dreamy or put you in a dreamy trance? Is one able to dream while being in a trance?

These questions fill my head every day while I produce dream trance, and it kinda makes me wonder...should it be called Dream Sleep (WARNING: DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS WHILE OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY) ?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 16:29:38

Bold Titles

Nobody uses them anymoar.
:(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 17:36:05

m-audio AV40 = win.

After nearly 2 months, if anyone remembers. I ordered them that long ago. But now I have them! Yay.

They're actually quite tiny, but very powerful, good bass response, good max volume, good mid/high frequency response... I definitely reccomend them.

I'll be back in the AF soon (as in actually frequenting)

Yeah.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 18:07:54

i know one of you invited me to that stupid msn chatroom

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 19:12:49

Don'tevenreply.com

Just read :')
If you want to read more, just go to the top rated emails.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 19:22:39

Bold Titles

At 8/19/09 04:29 PM, nal1200 wrote: Bold Titles

Nobody uses them anymoar.
(

isn't it weird that the SELF PROCLAIMED ELDER REGS are the ones who've used them the least? *cougherkiechroncough*

srsly, it's a way to try to keep things easier for everyone. i personally love being able to "choose subject" by just skimming through the posts. it makes it so easy for everyone.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 20:39:50

Bold titles

At 8/19/09 07:22 PM, Rucklo wrote: Bold Titles
isn't it weird that the SELF PROCLAIMED ELDER REGS are the ones who've used them the least? *cougherkiechroncough*

I don't use them when the majority of the posts on a page pertain to the main discussion at the time. If I'm responding to an on-going discussion, I don't see a need to be redundant and put bold titles again.

srsly, it's a way to try to keep things easier for everyone. i personally love being able to "choose subject" by just skimming through the posts. it makes it so easy for everyone.

I do that too. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-19 21:25:41

Bold titties

I don't say much to require bold titles.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 10:17:17

At 8/19/09 09:25 PM, Erkie wrote: Bold titties

I don't say much to require bold titles.

Bold titles are for the weak. Muahahahaha!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 10:28:41

Lighting Design

I absolutely love doing my entire hang and focus by myself.

...wait.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 10:50:33

At 8/20/09 10:28 AM, loansindi wrote: Lighting Design

What's that?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 11:00:08

At 8/20/09 10:50 AM, TMM43 wrote:
What's that?

I'm confused >.<

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 11:51:29

At 8/20/09 11:00 AM, Sealander wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:50 AM, TMM43 wrote:
What's that?
I'm confused >.<

Don't worry. The 'wait...' part gives away that he himself is too. ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 11:54:02

Titles

I always use a title, unless I quote somebody. In that case the title would be the title in the quote. If that's lacking, then I leave it be.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 14:50:39

This thread is starting to become a bit spammy again. Just thought I'd like to point that out. Don't want to get it locked again now do we?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 15:23:12

Spammy AFL

At 8/20/09 02:50 PM, DSMagnum wrote: This thread is starting to become a bit spammy again. Just thought I'd like to point that out. Don't want to get it locked again now do we?

At least we are pretty much on the same subject when someone changes it. And if you are going to change the subject, use the bold titles ha ha.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 21:39:07

Me Using Bold Text

I'm thinking about changing my name to something more... DJ-like. Something without numbers in it, that makes me look more "Audio" and less "General" if you know what I mean! What do you think would be a cool new name? I'm thinking:

-Squeak
-Stupor
-PinkNoise
-Altoid

Those are my four ideas. "Squeak" and "Stupor" are my two favorites. Tell me what you think I should be called, and don't be mean.

Userpage Webcomic

Some people choose an aura because it compliments their profile picture, you know.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 21:54:02

At 8/20/09 09:39 PM, Steak89 wrote: Me Using Bold Text

I'm thinking about changing my name to something more... DJ-like. Something without numbers in it, that makes me look more "Audio" and less "General" if you know what I mean! What do you think would be a cool new name? I'm thinking:

-Squeak
-Stupor
-PinkNoise
-Altoid

Those are my four ideas. "Squeak" and "Stupor" are my two favorites. Tell me what you think I should be called, and don't be mean.

Meh, it's getting old to have a 'DJ nickname'. Everybody in the EDM industry uses their own name nowadays. Either that, or a good sounding nickname with NO DJ infront of it that really fits with the genre they're producing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:01:06

At night, when I'm bored...

Javascript sure is fun.

had to compress it together so I could post it.

The blaargh was actually on page when I hovered over zero, that's not an mspaint adition.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:04:35

lol dj.

Call yourself Dj DJ if that doesnt already exist cause its pretty easy.

Diskjockying is not a skill though, its just a sense of rythm wich honestly.. is the 'basics' of making music. No offence.

Why am i in this topic.. hmm.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:16:39

WISDOM TEETH

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning.... its kinda sucky.....kinda really sucky.

Anyone else go through this here? How'd go for ya?

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:23:20

At 8/20/09 10:16 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: WISDOM TEETH

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning.... its kinda sucky.....kinda really sucky.

It felt odd, but it also made me gain superpowers, such as the ability to talk and bleed on people, while you talk.

Its a pretty nice superpower.

I cant use it anymore though since my wisdom teeth pulling occured around five months ago.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:31:32

At 8/20/09 10:16 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: WISDOM TEETH

It made me high afterwards. Fun times...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:33:25

Wisdom Teeth

:D the high part was cool... right before and right after... it was pretty funny.

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature