00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mitchelf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,790,980 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-20 16:34:07

At 3/20/15 04:28 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: I use Mac software on PC parts...
I'm not sure if that makes me a fanboy or not.

I think that's called "Sticking it to The Man".

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-20 17:47:57

At 3/20/15 04:28 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: I use Mac software on PC parts...
I'm not sure if that makes me a fanboy or not.

Specifics? I'm curious.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-20 18:38:02 (edited 2015-03-20 18:40:31)

At 3/20/15 05:47 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Specifics? I'm curious.

Ummm...okay

OS X 10.8.5 - 3.09 GHz Intel Core i5

my computer gets very embarrassed when I show others its dusty insides...

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-21 11:28:28

At 3/19/15 10:55 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
It's because Apple is a fat bxtch and can make money off of being irritating. They basically made my Macbook obsolete already; it's right at the cusp of lowest software versions they support. I lose!!!!!!!!

Ooooh. Yeah, I've never had anything from Apple, so I wouldn't know.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-21 15:36:34

iStuff
I used to have an iPad from job (I have something against Apple products since their workers in China committed suicide and their fix was... installing nets under the windows, instead of making their conditions better).
So, I had this iPad and have to say that Garage Band is quite a cute piece of software. Their design is intuitive to some level, but after that particular level, the interface somehow gets in the way if you want to do more complex stuff.
I guess the term would be "idiot friendly".

People calling in the wrong moments
If your complain is that people call you while eating, try to have people knocking on your door when you try to catch some sleep (just to talk to you about Bible...).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-21 17:05:09

iStuff

At 3/20/15 06:38 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: OS X 10.8.5 - 3.09 GHz Intel Core i5

my computer gets very embarrassed when I show others its dusty insides...

Good specs. Not so sure about the OS though. Maybe I just don't like Apple's limitations and proprietary BS.

At 3/21/15 03:36 PM, sorohanro wrote: People calling in the wrong moments
If your complain is that people call you while eating, try to have people knocking on your door when you try to catch some sleep (just to talk to you about Bible...).

Also, hotel staff knocking on the door while you and your girlfriend are naked, in bed, and it's 9 AM, lol.

Speaking of
My girlfriend and I rode the ambulance last night.
Newspost with pictures and amusing story.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-21 17:14:01

At 3/21/15 05:05 PM, Andrea364 wrote: Maybe I just don't like Apple's limitations and proprietary BS.

Haven't come across any limitations when using the Hackintosh. I bought an iMac years ago before the former, and I'd say that it works better than the one I got through Apple.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-22 17:56:25

Massive Attack - Live With Me

So without the video it sounds like a song about seperation. But with the video it makes the song about addiction to me.

Alcholism is the obvious clue in the video. It makes me think of someone who's trying to come out of addiction, trying to accept it and ends up spiriling out of control.

Anyone else get these deep vibes?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-22 22:49:04

At 3/21/15 03:36 PM, sorohanro wrote: I guess the term would be "idiot friendly".

*still uses GarageBand* :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-23 15:48:10

At 3/22/15 10:49 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 3/21/15 03:36 PM, sorohanro wrote: I guess the term would be "idiot friendly".
*still uses GarageBand* :(

:D sorry
I mean, just look at the strings, you just chose a chord and move hand around. Very intuitive. but at the same time you can't arrange the voicing, chose the articulation and the most important, you have no idea what music you compose that way, it just go by itself. You learn almost nothing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-24 00:52:41

At 3/23/15 07:22 PM, Braiton wrote: Anyone here have any idea about instrument appraisal? Violins to be more specific.
Cheers.

Could you be more specific?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-25 01:12:52 (edited 2015-03-25 01:13:13)

Are there any rules stopping you from putting links to your commercial stuff (you know, like bandcamp or a stock music site) in your sig?

Haven't seen any but assumed there would be. Maybe I missed them. Maybe I miss-assumed.

I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the ...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-25 03:56:47

At 3/25/15 01:12 AM, LunyAlex wrote: I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the ...

... street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. I give you a hamburger.

To answer your question, that's perfectly fine.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-25 10:04:06

At 3/25/15 01:12 AM, LunyAlex wrote: Are there any rules stopping you from putting links to your commercial stuff (you know, like bandcamp or a stock music site) in your sig?

I hope not, because i've been doing it for years

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-25 14:36:32

At 3/25/15 03:56 AM, Step wrote:
At 3/25/15 01:12 AM, LunyAlex wrote: I give you a hamburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the ...
... street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the hamburger in your hands. I give you a hamburger.

To answer your question, that's perfectly fine.

The universe is engulfed within itself. A bus advertising hotdogs drives by a papillon. It disapproves. An unnatural force reverses Earth's gravity. You ask for a hamburger. I reciprocate with a mildly convulsing potato. You disapprove. Your disapproval releases a cosmic shift in the void between birth and life. You ask for a hamburger. A certain small dog feasts on hamburger patties for the rest of its unnatural, eternal endurance. Your constant disapproval sends silence through everything. A contrived beast becomes omnipotent. You ask for a hamburger. I give you a hamburger your body becomes an unsettled blob of nothingness, then divides by three. The papillon barks. The universe realigns itself. You, the papillon, and the hamburger disapprove. This condemnation stops the realignment. Hades freezes over. A pig is launched is launched into the unoccupied existence between space and time with a specific hamburger. You ask for a hamburger. I give you a hamburger. It screams as you lift it to your face. You laugh maniacally as I plead with you. You devour the hamburger as it pleads for mercy. I disapprove and condemn you to an eternity in a certain void where a certain pig and its specific hamburger are located. The Universal Space-time Continuum Committee disapproves of my irrational decision. You are locked away and are fed hamburgers for the rest of your natural existence. A pickle refuses to break down during the process of digestion. You die in a freak accident. A certain pickle lives the rest of its life in a comatose state. Your soul disapproves. Down the street a child cries as a hamburger gets stuck in, and climbs back up, her esophagus. You ask again for a hamburger. I refuse to reciprocate. You demand a lawyer. I remind you harshly that this is the new world order. Lawyers no longer exist. Only papillons. Your name is written on a list of sins. Blasphemy. You ask for a hamburger. The comatose pickle vanquishes your soul from this universe. Realignment occurs. You beg for a hamburger. A certain papillon's name is written on an obelisk in Egypt. Mumble. Peasants worship the obelisk. Your soulless corpse partakes in the festivity. Hamburgers are banned universally. The sun implodes. All planets cease to have ever existed. Mercury. Venus. Earth. Mars. Jupiter. Saturn. Uranus. Neptune. Pluto is the only mass in existence. Conveniently, you are on vacation here. Your need for hamburgers re-establishes space-time. Earth is recreated under your intergalactic rule. Hamburgers are your army. You wake up. Clowns. Clowns everywhere. Your dream rushes to meet you. You are kidnapped. You ask for a hamburger. They hand you a hotdog.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-25 22:43:16

In light of 4-5 Cuil content in the recent posts, I'll leave the very definition of a 6-Cuil story for y'all to enjoy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-26 03:13:36

At 3/25/15 10:04 AM, SineRider wrote:
At 3/25/15 01:12 AM, LunyAlex wrote: Are there any rules stopping you from putting links to your commercial stuff (you know, like bandcamp or a stock music site) in your sig?
I hope not, because i've been doing it for years

So long as the link is legitimate and not some spam site it's all good.

Also hi guys it's been a couple days huh...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-26 06:19:16

At 3/25/15 10:43 PM, camoshark wrote: In light of 4-5 Cuil content in the recent posts, I'll leave the very definition of a 6-Cuil story for y'all to enjoy.

IDK what that is. But it has awesome music. It's also hilarious. Really hilarious.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-26 07:27:51

So I put these stickers on my car today.

The Audio Forum Lounge

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-26 14:09:06

At 3/26/15 10:54 AM, Braiton wrote:
Is that a moogle down there :d?

WHY YES IT IS ^o^

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-30 16:31:07 (edited 2015-03-30 16:31:27)

Waves Sale

Just saw this in my mailbox: Waves March Madness. Insane price drops, I'm broke but it might be useful for anybody else. Lasts for 30 more hours.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-30 20:51:28

Anyone else having this many issues with Youtube just content-iding stuff, constantly? Every single time it's been released, and every time the copyright claim comes back from a different agency. What the shit?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46645289/contentid1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46645289/contentid2.jpg

I'd just take it down, but I want to see how many claims will be matched up to it. I wonder if this song in particular is just confusing to the audio recognition software.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-03-31 14:17:08

At 3/31/15 01:49 PM, Lich wrote: It sucks having limited money haha.

Tell me about it. All my plugins are freebies. Money, or lack thereof, is a huge limitation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-01 06:55:11

At 4/1/15 03:05 AM, DJ-Howwl wrote: Whooooooa, I'm so used to the dark NG Background, now it's so white. Jeez, Tom's going all out with this new Google+ thing huh? My eyes burn from the brightness XD. I wouldn't say it's bad but I'm going to have to readjust lol.

At first I thought it was my PC acting up, lol. It indeed is really bizarre :p

Has anybody already spotted any VST companies advertising some new bizarre synthesizer or effect plugins?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-01 15:17:25

How's everyone diggin' Newgrounds+?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-01 16:40:30

i like colors

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-01 17:05:00

At 4/1/15 04:40 PM, Sequenced wrote: i like colors

What's next? Facebook blue?

Or worse, Twitter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-02 04:51:40

Country music fuckingg sucks

Jesus fuckingChrist how can anybody honestly listen to piece of untalented shits whining for 3 fkn minutes

I feel like my ears are getting cancer from my neighbors blasting this crap

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-02 12:23:28

At 4/2/15 10:26 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 4/2/15 04:51 AM, Sequenced wrote: Country music fuckingg sucks

Jesus fuckingChrist how can anybody honestly listen to piece of untalented shits whining for 3 fkn minutes

I feel like my ears are getting cancer from my neighbors blasting this crap
Someone who shares my opinion, beautiful!

I used to hate country. Most of the mainstream country music I've heard has been polished to the point of being difficult to criticize. The only issue I have with it now is that there isn't much room for expression in the instrumentals, in fact most of the production has been put into eliminating error there to make focus for the vocal performance. It's a bit like rap in that sense. Of course you have melodyne completely missing the point and making some of it plastic garbage now, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0QNRlBpHWg
<trollmode>It makes a bit of sense that the people that hate one tend to hate the other - you probably lack empathy for the poor and think that them 'whining' means that they don't have any real problems, like some existential crisis over whether they have 'talent'.</trullbode> Really their problems are usually that they are poor, and if they've made it, they still have songs left over from when they weren't successful.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-04-02 12:43:03 (edited 2015-04-02 12:43:29)

At 4/2/15 04:51 AM, Sequenced wrote: Country music fuckingg sucks

I used to think that. Then I was forced to listen to the Zac Brown band. I hate the majority of it, but not all of it is terrible. I can stand it, so long as the songs have meaning and lack the typical southern twang.

BBS Signature