Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,314,783 Views
  • 36,933 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 16:48:57 Reply

At 1/8/11 01:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: Hooray, I'm legally downloading music.

you found a loophole in the copyright law?

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 51
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 16:53:01 Reply

At 1/8/11 01:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: Hooray, I'm legally downloading music.

Oh yeah, me too.

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 17:17:40 Reply

At 1/8/11 04:23 PM, Mich wrote:
At 1/8/11 03:42 PM, Decibel wrote: Synthesizer Trouble

Ok, since I'm on the verge of going crazy, I was considering getting a Yamaha synthesizer, it didn't have anything special, No mod wheel, pitch wheel, nothing, Just Some preset sounds and MIDI compatibility.
What Should I do, get Yamaha, or anything else. I'm at a budget of 150Euro, so, yeah :P
Suggestions?
Fuck no. You'd be better off buying a midi keyboard with a bunch of control buttons then. General midi sounds suck. I've got a keyboard that exactly fits your description and it's awful. Get something like this instead, it will serve your music much better.

I will have to double on this. Most midi presets are pretty bad. I have a keyboard which actually has really really good sounds, but I can only play the sounds, not actually have the samples on hand. It's better if you buy a midi keyboard and then the samples/plugins separately. This way you get more for your money.


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 18:48:41 Reply

At 1/8/11 04:53 PM, Mich wrote: Oh yeah, me too.

WAT.

The Audio Forum Lounge


The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 21:29:05 Reply

My mind is also blown.

*hides empty plastic bag in trousers*

The Audio Forum Lounge

Stupor
Stupor
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 22:43:53 Reply

I will have to double on this. Most midi presets are pretty bad.

Whaaat? You have to admit that the helicopter and gunshot effects are badass.


Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 22:54:48 Reply

Ok, is the left/right written on the speakers i just got imply left/right from the speaker persepctive(behind cone), or your perspective(cones facing you).

Yes I am intelligent get over it please.

TMM43
TMM43
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 23:11:17 Reply

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Did anyone see that fucking game!? Holy shit I love the Jets!!


..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 23:15:58 Reply

At 1/8/11 11:11 PM, TMM43 wrote: J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Did anyone see that fucking game!? Holy shit I love the Jets!!

Nope! But I patted myself on the back until my skin went raw. I'm having one of those "Lets listen to my song on loop cause its nifty^awesome" work sessions.


BBS Signature
TMM43
TMM43
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 23:19:01 Reply

At 1/8/11 11:15 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
Nope! But I patted myself on the back until my skin went raw.

Why would you ever do such a thing? I heard if you put salt on wounds that makes it feel better. Then add lemon.


..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 00:10:28 Reply

At 1/8/11 11:19 PM, TMM43 wrote: Why would you ever do such a thing? I heard if you put salt on wounds that makes it feel better. Then add lemon.

Never heard of that, been too busy watching the Jets.


BBS Signature
snotzombie
snotzombie
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 02:18:29 Reply

Hey dudes, just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. My name's Will, and I'm a sound editor/mixer based in NYC. I've been on NG for a few years now, but this is my first time on the forums.

So...er...hi!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 04:20:04 Reply

At 1/9/11 02:18 AM, snotzombie wrote: Hey dudes, just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. My name's Will, and I'm a sound editor/mixer based in NYC. I've been on NG for a few years now, but this is my first time on the forums.

So...er...hi!

OMG we like so totally have an introduction thread that you can like, TOTALLY post your stuff in and maybe a pic so we can fap to you and stuff.

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 51
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 04:30:51 Reply

At 1/9/11 04:20 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 02:18 AM, snotzombie wrote: Hey dudes, just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. My name's Will, and I'm a sound editor/mixer based in NYC. I've been on NG for a few years now, but this is my first time on the forums.

So...er...hi!
OMG we like so totally have an introduction thread that you can like, TOTALLY post your stuff in and maybe a pic so we can fap to you and stuff.

Nah the lounge is fine for introductions as well. Feels less stressy. I feel this introduction thread is kind of like a first day of school, where the teacher gives everyone their turn to say a couple of fixed things about themselves. I always found that a bit stressy, even more if it was in a class group with many people I didn't know before.

The lounge on the other hand is more like sitting around with those people you don't know on the playground of the school, and have a casual chat to get to know each other.

On another not, welcome snotzombie, I hope you like hanging out around here, and I hope you can share your knowledge with us as well, since that's what the audio forums is for.

That and cocks, of course.
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 05:49:52 Reply

Gah, I still need to start practicing mixing. So lazy :/


lel

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 07:25:04 Reply

At 1/8/11 10:54 PM, jpbear wrote: Ok, is the left/right written on the speakers i just got imply left/right from the speaker persepctive(behind cone), or your perspective(cones facing you).

Yes I am intelligent get over it please.

From your perspective.
If the cones are facing you, the one with left on it goes to your left and the one with right on it.. you get it :p


BBS Signature
Hades
Hades
  • Member since: May. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 11:33:21 Reply

At 1/9/11 05:49 AM, Sequenced wrote: Gah, I still need to start practicing mixing. So lazy :/

I feel your pain.

Then again, I'm writing music for the first time after like half a year - currently mastering what "channels", "volume" and the dreaded "panning" are is enough for me. :P


BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 12:07:51 Reply

Synthesizer Trouble

Hey, Thanks for the help, I'll probably get what Mich suggested, it looks pretty sweet =D

Decibel
Decibel
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 12:11:18 Reply

Synthesizer Trouble

Sorry for the Double post, but I just read the requirements and stuff, and it's not compatible with FL Studio.

Yet another Problem, Whoopee =/
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 13:34:51 Reply

At 1/9/11 07:25 AM, FairSquare wrote:
From your perspective.
If the cones are facing you, the one with left on it goes to your left and the one with right on it.. you get it :p

ya i gottem set up thanks, first pro pair of monitors ive ever gotten theyre just beautiful.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 15:17:14 Reply

At 1/9/11 02:09 PM, LaForge wrote:
I don't mix/master any of my songs, but people reviewing often say "It was well mastered". Makes things easier for me.

Technically you're mixing your music as your working on it. Mastering is something completely different and I think a lot of kids don't realize this.

TMM43
TMM43
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:27:33 Reply

Call of Duty

Anyone here play it? I know Nal, Envy and MilkCarton do...

I've been beasting it lately. If anyone wants to play add meh! P1nke


..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 51
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:35:46 Reply

Rucklo is level 35

And that is freaking weird after months of ninja-stars.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:46:42 Reply

At 1/9/11 05:35 PM, Mich wrote: Rucklo is level 35

And that is freaking weird after months of ninja-stars.

I'll be ninja stars in 9 days. Me and rucklo are always one level apart.

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 51
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:55:57 Reply

At 1/9/11 05:46 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 05:35 PM, Mich wrote: Rucklo is level 35

And that is freaking weird after months of ninja-stars.
I'll be ninja stars in 9 days. Me and rucklo are always one level apart.

I'm coming close as well. As the gaps between the levels increase, the level difference between you guys and me gets smaller. :3

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 18:02:22 Reply

At 1/9/11 05:55 PM, Mich wrote:
I'm coming close as well. As the gaps between the levels increase, the level difference between you guys and me gets smaller. :3

lol that's true - until you get higher up.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 09:32:12 Reply

At 1/9/11 06:02 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 05:55 PM, Mich wrote:
I'm coming close as well. As the gaps between the levels increase, the level difference between you guys and me gets smaller. :3
lol that's true - until you get higher up.

no?

The Audio Forum Lounge

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 10:01:13 Reply

At 1/10/11 09:32 AM, SBB wrote:
At 1/9/11 06:02 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 05:55 PM, Mich wrote:
I'm coming close as well. As the gaps between the levels increase, the level difference between you guys and me gets smaller. :3
lol that's true - until you get higher up.
no?

yes?

as you go up in levels the amount you need for each level gets higher and higher - so eventually you get farther and farther away from the person than you were previously. It takes longer.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 10:03:44 Reply

If you and Mich deposit every day, the difference in level will become smaller until eventually you'll never be more than one level apart.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 10:22:15 Reply

At 1/10/11 10:03 AM, SBB wrote: If you and Mich deposit every day, the difference in level will become smaller until eventually you'll never be more than one level apart.

ok I see what you're saying - howeverfrom that point on the distance will increase so that we may only be one level apart - but he may need 2 months to level up and I may need 2 months.