00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Literature Lovers

53,269 Views | 514 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Literature Lovers 2009-01-18 20:01:11

If you love reading and writing come join us! This crew aims to bring readers and writers together to talk about published and unpublished works, and give writers a place to share there creative story's in a friendly environment. So if you want to talk about a favorite book, or share your latest chapter come join us now!

Rules:

* If you do not like someones writing or disagree with there favorite book give constructive reasons why. Do not be a FLAMER! If you are talking about some ones writing tell them how they can improve.
Also do not point out every little spelling error, its just annoying.

* Do not post a story that is not yours! That is copyright infringement and is punishable by law.

* Please no double posting. Unless you are posting a story that will not fit in one post then it is acceptable to post multi able times one right after another.

* Be encouraging to the writers this is a friendly environment.

All you need to do in order to join is be active. Talk about your favorite books and story's, and keep the original story's coming.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-18 20:10:44

well its about time i see somthing like this! ive been reading for a whil but since the start of high school although now ive started reading dean koont's odd thomas books. im already on the second bok and i have to say its pretty good.

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-18 20:15:52

I have never herd of that series before, what is the plot like? I have been working threw S. D. Perry's Resident Evil books I am on number 4 Underworld I have been enjoying them so far. I have also started Dan Brown's Angels & Demons

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-18 20:20:16

At 1/18/09 08:15 PM, djconnect wrote: I have never herd of that series before, what is the plot like? I have been working threw S. D. Perry's Resident Evil books I am on number 4 Underworld I have been enjoying them so far. I have also started Dan Brown's Angels & Demons

i heard about the angels and demons and that its pretty good. i tried to read it near the end of summer but school started and just got a couple of pages through so whats that like?
the odd thomas book is about a chef who can see ghost and its a really funny book. they all have a similar plot where he has to save some people or someone from being murdered by using the spirits to help him in some way or anther.

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-18 20:33:10

O that sounds like an interesting book. Angels & Demons is a very good book. I am only a few chapters in but so far it has kept me glued to the pages. The author is fantastic. I can't wait to read The Da Vinci Code after I am done with this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-18 21:17:36

i saw the movie for th da vinci code and it was pretty good had a nice plot and the characters were nice but a wish a little more development had happened.

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 01:38:20

What do you think the best movie made from a book was? I say The harry Potter movies were the best. The followed the book almost perfectly, and had great production quality.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 11:03:36

I wouldn't mind joining. I'm in the process of reading "Brave New World". So far it's a good book. Anyone else ever read it?
Oh, and I think the best movie made from a book is "A Clockwork Orange".

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 12:54:15

At 1/19/09 11:03 AM, tanshirtman wrote: I wouldn't mind joining. I'm in the process of reading "Brave New World". So far it's a good book. Anyone else ever read it?
Oh, and I think the best movie made from a book is "A Clockwork Orange".

I have never seen that movie but I did Google it, and it looked rather creepy. Never read that book before, but what do you think of it?

Once we get more people in the crew there will be a much better chance of some one reading the book you have and being able to discuss it. Just give it some time.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 13:23:07

lol Yeah. It's a pretty edgy. Or at least it was for the time it was released. And as for the book, it's strange but good. Can't quite explain it. Guess you'll just have to read it lol.

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 13:29:24

I think there is already a Book crew.
Whether its dead or not I don't know. But if this isn't locked I'll happily join.

My favourite book is Mark Haddon's 'A Spot of Bother'. Though I'd say my favourite author is Kurt Vonnegut.

As for best films to come from the books it has to be Lord of the Rings. The books are good but a little enduring, and while the films are enduring too I just love them.
I think the Harry Potter films aren't that brilliant either. The first three work but Goblet/Order have so much cut out that it makes the books far better.

And Dan Brown is poo.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 13:38:06

At 1/19/09 01:29 PM, Nev wrote: I think there is already a Book crew.
Whether its dead or not I don't know. But if this isn't locked I'll happily join.

I did search the forums before I posted this. I didn't find anything so if there is I am sorry.

My favourite book is Mark Haddon's 'A Spot of Bother'. Though I'd say my favourite author is Kurt Vonnegut.

As for best films to come from the books it has to be Lord of the Rings. The books are good but a little enduring, and while the films are enduring too I just love them.

The lord of the rings movies had good action and battle's but the story line just dragged on and on.

I think the Harry Potter films aren't that brilliant either. The first three work but Goblet/Order have so much cut out that it makes the books far better.

Well the Goblet of Fire and The Order of the Phoenix are long books. I didn't mind the things they had to leave out.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 13:48:21

At 1/19/09 01:38 PM, djconnect wrote: The lord of the rings movies had good action and battle's but the story line just dragged on and on.

I like the story, acting and everything. I could easily watch all 3 back to back :).

Well the Goblet of Fire and The Order of the Phoenix are long books. I didn't mind the things they had to leave out.

They just feel rushed to me. And the fights aren't great, which is CGI's fault really, but still, I always feel disappointed.

And I've not read A Clockwork Orange, but I love the film and it is a book I plan on reading in the future. I've not been reading much recently though, I was going through 2/3 books this time last year due to depression and insomnia and I've kind of backed off since last summer. I'm currently reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding though, its the only book I owned that I hadn't read recently.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-19 13:57:42

Lord of the Flies was a great book. The movies were nothing special but it was forever ago.

As for the harry potter effects they were not great but they did the job with the technology available. I couldn't ask for much more. They do get better with each movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-20 21:09:31

Any one know the name of the third Eragon book?

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-20 21:27:53

At 1/20/09 09:09 PM, djconnect wrote: Any one know the name of the third Eragon book?

My man its called brisingr.

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-20 22:05:25

Thank you, my girl friend want's that book for her birthday so I am going to buy it for her.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-20 22:53:53

I'd like to join. I'm not reading anything at the moment. Need to get back in the habit of it :P

At 1/19/09 01:38 PM, djconnect wrote: Well the Goblet of Fire and The Order of the Phoenix are long books. I didn't mind the things they had to leave out.

I liked Order of the Phoenix, actually. I liked all the movies except Goblet of Fire. Dunno, it just didn't flow very well.

hi

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 00:01:34

At 1/20/09 10:53 PM, gamerpeepinpa wrote: I'd like to join. I'm not reading anything at the moment. Need to get back in the habit of it :P

Well it is nice to have you with us. This is just the type of crew to motivate you to read. I hope we get some writers soon. I was looking forward to reading some 'underground' work.

I liked Order of the Phoenix, actually. I liked all the movies except Goblet of Fire. Dunno, it just didn't flow very well.

The Goblet of Fire was not my favorite harry potter movie but I didn't have any huge complaints.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 00:15:55

At 1/21/09 12:01 AM, djconnect wrote: Well it is nice to have you with us. This is just the type of crew to motivate you to read. I hope we get some writers soon. I was looking forward to reading some 'underground' work.

I like to write as well in my spare time, but I'm not very keen on sharing anything I've written :x

hi

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 00:24:59

At 1/21/09 12:15 AM, gamerpeepinpa wrote:
At 1/21/09 12:01 AM, djconnect wrote: Well it is nice to have you with us. This is just the type of crew to motivate you to read. I hope we get some writers soon. I was looking forward to reading some 'underground' work.
I like to write as well in my spare time, but I'm not very keen on sharing anything I've written :x

I know a few people that do not like to share there work. If you ever change your mind though we will be here to read.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 18:12:39

At 1/19/09 01:38 AM, djconnect wrote: What do you think the best movie made from a book was? I say The harry Potter movies were the best. The followed the book almost perfectly, and had great production quality.

there usually arn't alot of books that are made into good movies but I have to agree that the Harry Potter books were made into pretty decent movies and pretty much followed the story line of the books. Oh and by the way has anyone read any good Anne Rice books? So far im reading the vampire chronicles and up to the 4th book and it seems okay but i was wondering if you guys knew anything else that was good by her.

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 18:46:18

I'll join. I used to love The floating island but now I'm glued to The Drow legacy.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 18:53:17

At 1/21/09 06:46 PM, Chime wrote: I'll join. I used to love The floating island but now I'm glued to The Drow legacy.

sounds cool, do you know how much it wuld probably cost now?

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 18:57:28

At 1/21/09 06:53 PM, thelittleemo wrote:
At 1/21/09 06:46 PM, Chime wrote: I'll join. I used to love The floating island but now I'm glued to The Drow legacy.

5.99 In America. 6.99 In Canada.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 18:59:38

At 1/21/09 06:57 PM, Chime wrote:

Thats for the Floating Island, by the way. Sorry for double post. I don't know the price of The drow legacy though.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 19:01:58

At 1/21/09 06:59 PM, Chime wrote:
At 1/21/09 06:57 PM, Chime wrote:
Thats for the Floating Island, by the way. Sorry for double post. I don't know the price of The drow legacy though.

they both sound interesting ill probably find it at a barnes and nobles somewhere, thanks dude!

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 19:25:01

A few of my favorite recent books that i liked:
J-Pod, by Douglas Coupland
The Stupidest Angel, by Christopher Moore
And the Bone Comics

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 22:13:53

One of my all time favorite books, A Child Called It is autobiography of Dave Pelzer's childhood. It was the greatest autobiography I have ever read. The other day at school a peer of mine told me that the story was made up that it was false. What do you all think, fact or fiction?

BBS Signature

Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-21 23:04:51

im pretty sure it was true, if not then that dude had a good imaginaation

Shut up already.

BBS Signature