00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds Collab *Revived!

6,554 Views | 93 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:10:54

Hello goons,

It has come to my attention that I pushed off the Newgrounds Collab for far too long. If you remember, I created the Newgrounds Collab a while back, and had to postpone it due to the start of school and what not. Now that Winter Break is coming up, and I recently was rewarded a new tablet from Tom, I got inspiration and decided to revive this collab.

This time I won't be so easy though. In the last thread, I was rather lazy and not so strict with the collab, but this time -- I'm going to enforce to see some progress, as well as other things involving the collab. To review what we once had, I'll mock up some things from the old thread.

In this collab, you will have an option to animate any Newgrounds characters and starring roles in animations across the portal. Some examples are; Pico from Pico's School or maybe even, Bitey from Brackenwood.

The parts will be based upon the animations in the Newgrounds Series pages. Or maybe even things apart of Newgrounds, Like Cat Dynamics or the Portal System (the bots?) Just be unique.

Now it's time to touch up specs in which are needed, such as deadlines, co-authorship, as well as what our FPS and Flash settings will be.

^ You are required to create an animation in which is based on a Newgrounds character, or Animation Series which lives on Newgrounds. Great examples are; There She Is! Blockhead!
* We honestly want to stay as much away from dialogue as possible. Which means, sounds or voicework, but there will be an exception if your part REALLY needs to involve dialogue. But the short silent film, is what we're aiming for.(I'm still iffy on this. If you make a really good dialogue part, this most likely will change.!)
* We really don't want to allow the robot clock voices either.
* No half-assed animations.
* You must be able to show a really good example of your Flash Animating Skill to be qualified to submit a piece. We really don't want any noobs taking the spot for a possible good animation parody.
* Have fun !

Adobe Flash Document Properties:
Dimensions: 600X400
Background Color: White(default)
Frame rate: 24 FPS

The sound and audio for this collaboration will be decided all in all by the people taking part in the collab. I don't quite have a set track in the right set of mind at the moment -- But at a further date, we'll have a nice little poll on which audio track will be decided for our ending collab.

To prevent further interruption or problems, I would appreciate it if when you send in your collab piece, that you will send me a Flash 8 Format file. I can not work with CS3 files due to the lack of the program. Only submit Flash 8 work. Thank you.

Another thing, please avoid using names of your Movie clip, and symbols as "Tween 1" or "Symbol 1." Use a unique name, such as "Rudy_01." So it'll prevent any further editing of names, it'll help out alot. Thank you for that as well.

The Co-Authors will be determined by your animation skill. The best animator of the bunch will be selected to be co-authored. So if you're aiming for a spot, please take your time on your part and earn the right spot. There are 9-spots for Co-authoring -- So I apologize for whom don't get a nice spot. I'll announce the people whom get coed at a further date, when the collab is actually completed and files(parts) are finally turned in.

Every author will have a affiliated name which will link to their Newgrounds page, as their part is playing, so people can be directly brought to their artists page. I will also need a little subtext from you as the artist since I am going to have a "THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN" Section, so if you don't send me one -- You just won't get a part in that little fun thing.

The first deadline is going to be set for February 14th, 2009. (Valentines Day.) SO PLEASE, Get your work out in time. That gives us about 2 months to work on this thing.

Just let's wrap this collab up, and see where it heads. I can't leave this back in 2008, I have to bring it up to reach 2009. So let's get this baby on the road again!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:14:01

To start things off, lets talk about the authors/artists that were ONCE in the collab. I don't quite know if you guys are still around or whatever, but just drop me a PM or leave a post in the thread to see if you guys are still interested. Here are the people:

NG-Series Animations:
1.) Fancy Pants Adventures -Rudy
2.) Nameless -Goat-man
3.) Brakenwood - Toasterdemon
4.) Dad N' Me - Vato
5.) Neurotically Yours (Foamy) - denzel-crocker
6.) Madness -kuorydaninja
7.) Pico - aquaticmole
8.) Weebl N' Bob - Matt-Frozenfire
9.) James The Zebra -SamIam
10.) Project DCK - VintageBro
11.) Dads Home - FrozenSheep
12.) Johnny RocketFingers - Willobeen
13.) Mr.Coo - Chillycheese
14.) Another Day - Rudy
15.) Reboot - Lambinvoker
16.) ??? - KyleDaFox
17.) Mastermind - Racky
18.) Brakenwood - SergeantWeavern
19.) RWD Mascot - Anigen
20.) Badly Drawn Dawg - timmy-the-wing
21.) Dads Home - doomshock
22.) The Skater V2 series! - Jeski
23.) Mastermind - Olzone
24.) Alfred's Playhouse - darkshadow8181
25.) ??? - TITROTU
26.) ??? - BlueHippo
27.) Eskimo Bob - Sirkowski
28.) ??? - AlmightyHans
29.) Tankmen - brycemilburn
30.) Magical Trevor - xxflareknightxx
31.) Edible Castle - Goat-Man
32.) Waterman - PBass
33.) Alien Hominid - Tystarr
------------------------
If you are on that list, please contact me. I'll send out PMs to see if you are still interested. :)

I am aiming for about 40 parts in this, so there are 7 parts left based upon the old artists list. If that list changes, which is probably will -- There may be more parts available, so get to the list fast. They are going to go quick !

34.) Open!
35.) Open!
36.) Open!
37.) Open!
38.) Open!
39.) Open!
40.) Open!

Please try your hardest on this collab! We can't half ass it, and make Newgrounds look bad! I'll have a page up with the parts later on. Give me some time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:18:17

Oh i am so in! Now that i have time im gonna start tommorrow on something. I am gonna do alien hominid. Glad this is back. I felt bad that I couldn't do anything the first time. But now im open :)

At your service

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:27:59

At 12/11/08 03:18 AM, KartuneHustla wrote: Oh i am so in! Now that i have time im gonna start tommorrow on something. I am gonna do alien hominid. Glad this is back. I felt bad that I couldn't do anything the first time. But now im open :)

Glad to see you taking a part!

33.) KartuneHustla
34.) Open!
35.) Open!
36.) Open!
37.) Open!
38.) Open!
39.) Open!
40.) Open!

7 PARTS LEFT. -- Yes, another part opened up -- I realized that another person wasn't even around on Newgrounds anymore, and their account got deleted or something? Hahah.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:38:14

When your parts are completed, Send them in to the following email address:
newgroundscollab@tsunami-productions.net

REMEMBER TO SEND THEM IN FLASH 8 FORMAT, I DO NOT HAVE CS3 OR CS4. THANK YOU :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:38:57

Okay okay I'm way overdue to do some animating anyways;3

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:52:12

if you want me to join, i'll take bitey.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 03:58:48

At 12/11/08 03:52 AM, OctoFlash wrote: if you want me to join, i'll take bitey.

Well, I wouldn't mind you joining -- but your work seems not really that great to be taking part in this collab. Would you mind sending over an example piece of Bitey? Because Brackenwood is an intense series, ya know.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 04:04:33

At 12/11/08 03:58 AM, Rudy wrote:
At 12/11/08 03:52 AM, OctoFlash wrote: if you want me to join, i'll take bitey.
Well, I wouldn't mind you joining -- but your work seems not really that great to be taking part in this collab. Would you mind sending over an example piece of Bitey? Because Brackenwood is an intense series, ya know.

yeah i know... you can watch my bitey short or i'll make a new one (of course better -.-)

w/e the deadline is not here yet so i won't start now and maybe do a part if i have time. is that okay?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 04:06:49

At 12/11/08 04:04 AM, OctoFlash wrote: yeah i know... you can watch my bitey short or i'll make a new one (of course better -.-)

w/e the deadline is not here yet so i won't start now and maybe do a part if i have time. is that okay?

I actually really enjoyed your Bitey piece in your Flash Work. If you can make something similar to that for the collab, than you'll definitely be allowed in. Take your time though, I'm sure you can make it just as good, probably better (:

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 04:23:41

At 12/11/08 04:06 AM, Rudy wrote: I actually really enjoyed your Bitey piece in your Flash Work. If you can make something similar to that for
the collab, than you'll definitely be allowed in. Take your time though, I'm sure you can make it just as good, : probably better (:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 07:02:03

I'll defiantly take a part if I can. (so do we just think of a series or collection and animate it?)

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 12:07:09

I'll join, I'll do an 'asdf' animation. Is that OK?

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 12:26:58

I might as well take an shot at this ;). Count me in

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 13:15:40

Does everyone have to do a different character or can there be a few different variations of the same one. I only ask cuz i'm sure you have everyone and their mother requesting brakenwood, and if i were gonna do a tribute of someone else's characters it would have to be the man that inspired me to get into flash in the first place.

I'm not even gonna ask, i'm jus gonna work on one and send it in and let you be the judge:)

stay positive, love your life

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 15:59:42

At 12/11/08 07:02 AM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: I'll defiantly take a part if I can. (so do we just think of a series or collection and animate it?)

Do you think you can provide more of your recent work... Your work doesn't seem to quality.

At 12/11/08 12:00 PM, Wasim wrote: NOTE\: i used to be called VATO but i changed my name!

I gotcha back on the list, I removed you since I thought you didn't exist anymore :P

At 12/11/08 12:07 PM, sickstick wrote: I'll join, I'll do an 'asdf' animation. Is that OK?

As I said above, Do you think you can provide some artwork since all you have is really tutorials...?

At 12/11/08 12:26 PM, flashfrog wrote: I might as well take an shot at this ;). Count me in

Please provide some work before, because your work is from almost 2 years ago. Thank you.

At 12/11/08 01:15 PM, fliberdigibit wrote: I'm not even gonna ask, i'm jus gonna work on one and send it in and let you be the judge:)

Alright, that is totally fine with me.

Updated List:
1.) Fancy Pants Adventures -Rudy *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
2.) Nameless -Goat-man
4.) Alien Hominid - Tystarr
5.) Neurotically Yours (Foamy) - denzel-crocker *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
7.) Pico - aquaticmole
8.) Weebl N' Bob - Matt-Frozenfire ** DONE
9.) James The Zebra -SamIam *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
10.) Project DCK - VintageBro
14.) Another Day - Rudy *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
15.) Reboot - Lambinvoker *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
16.) ??? - KyleDaFox
17.) Mastermind - Racky
19.) RWD Mascot - Anigen
21.) Dads Home - doomshock
22.) The Skater V2 series! - Jeski
23.) Mastermind - Olzone
24.) Alfred's Playhouse - darkshadow8181 *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
25.) ??? - TITROTU
26.) ??? - BlueHippo
27.) Eskimo Bob - Sirkowski ** DONE
28.) ??? - AlmightyHans
30.) Magical Trevor - xxflareknightxx
31.) Edible Castle - Goat-Man
32.) Waterman - PBass *** RECEIVED RESPONSE

33.) Alien Hominid - KartuneHustla
34.) Bitey - OctoFlash
35.) My Newgrounds - Wasimh
36.) Open!
37.) Open!
38.) Open!
39.) Open!
40.) Open!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 17:50:45

Seems like the Front Page plug didn't help much :C

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 18:03:19

At 12/11/08 05:50 PM, Rudy wrote: Seems like the Front Page plug didn't help much :C

Don't lose hope keep on going! Your too awesome to give up!

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 18:25:27

I'm trying to be creative so...
Can I do the newgrounds levels?

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-11 23:58:41

Hey, I'd like to take a part for tankmen!

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 01:10:53

How long can are parts be?
also, if we wanted to do another part, and im just throwing this question out there for the sake of having an answer, can we do another?

At your service

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 04:06:22

At 12/11/08 06:03 PM, Sheaer20 wrote: Don't lose hope keep on going! Your too awesome to give up!

Ah, I'll try not too, It's just hard when I only get n00bs signing up :P

At 12/11/08 07:22 PM, KevnSevn wrote: Don't count me in yet (I'm undecided) But I might do some "Awesome" stuff later.
At 12/11/08 11:58 PM, ThisUserNameSucks wrote: Hey, I'd like to take a part for tankmen!

Alright, well both of you, please provide some of your recent work or example -- Your Newgrounds Profile doesn't quite show good potential.

At 12/12/08 01:10 AM, KartuneHustla wrote: How long can are parts be?

Keep it in the range of 15-30 seconds. :)

also, if we wanted to do another part, and im just throwing this question out there for the sake of having an answer, can we do another?

Yes, you may do another part. This will up your chances to become co-author -- But of course, they have to be good parts -- They can't just look like shit (:

Updated List:
1.) Fancy Pants Adventures&Another Day -Rudy *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
2.) Nameless&Edible Castle -Goat-man
4.) Alien Hominid - Tystarr
5.) Neurotically Yours (Foamy) - denzel-crocker *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
7.) Pico - aquaticmole
8.) Weebl N' Bob - Matt-Frozenfire ** DONE
9.) James The Zebra -SamIam *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
10.) Waterman - PBass *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
14.) Magical Trevor - xxflareknightxx *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
15.) Reboot - Lambinvoker *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
16.) ??? - KyleDaFox
17.) Mastermind - Racky
19.) RWD Mascot - Anigen
21.) Dads Home - doomshock *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
22.) The Skater V2 series! - Jeski *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
23.) Mastermind&AWESOME SERIES- Olzone *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
24.) Alfred's Playhouse - darkshadow8181 *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
25.) ??? - TITROTU
26.) ??? - BlueHippo *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
27.) Eskimo Bob - Sirkowski ** DONE
28.) ??? - AlmightyHans *** RECEIVED RESPONSE

30.) My Newgrounds - Wasimh
31.) Alien Hominid - KartuneHustla
32.) Bitey - OctoFlash
33.) Open!
34.) Open!
35.) Open!
36.) Open!
37.) Open!
38.) Open!
39.) Open!
40.) Open!

NEWS UPDATES:
***VINTAGE BRO DROPPED OUT SINCE HE SAID HE DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE PART SINCE HE PROBABLY WOULDN'T GET CO-AUTHOR. [ADDS EXTRA SPOT]
***ORGANIZED THE PARTS + ADDED USERS WITH TWO PARTS IN SAME ROW TO ALLOW MORE ENTRIES
***7 SPOTS OPEN AGAIN (:

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 04:07:27

At 12/12/08 04:06 AM, Rudy wrote: ***7 SPOTS OPEN AGAIN (:

My Mistake:
***8 SPOTS OPEN AGAIN (:

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 07:04:32

dude nice collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 10:13:27

I don't just have tutorials, I led both the '1 Hour Flash Challenges' which both scored mega high.

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 17:02:57

At 12/11/08 03:59 PM, Rudy wrote:
At 12/11/08 12:26 PM, flashfrog wrote: I might as well take an shot at this ;). Count me in
Please provide some work before, because your work is from almost 2 years ago. Thank you.

Check my Deviantart

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 17:50:29

I would like very much to keep my spots :D
This collab was turning out very promising. But I think a fresh start is what it needed.

I would like to stay with Nameless and Edible Castle.
I have a Christmas movie to finish, then I hope to make my EC part.
I will make it first because I can think of more things to do with it than with Nameless.

Then if I feel like I'm running out of time, I'll drop one (probably Nameless. Sorry Yotam!!!)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 21:41:56

I'm still in!

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-12 21:45:10

At 12/12/08 10:13 AM, sickstick wrote: I don't just have tutorials, I led both the '1 Hour Flash Challenges' which both scored mega high.

I vouch for this fine man.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-13 19:44:07

well i just started my part yesterday and got some stuff done today. Thought I let you guys know how its looking and keeping this thread alive by showing some progress. Here is a link

Alien Hominid

usually I use 25 or 30, so im still trying to work with 24 to make it work. I think so far im doing swell. Right now its in the rough stage. I still have 15 more secs to animate. Peace

At your service

BBS Signature