00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Groggywench just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds Collab *Revived!

6,555 Views | 93 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-13 23:42:35

I thought id give another update. This thread just keeps getting buried

Alien Hominid Update

At your service

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-13 23:56:51

At 12/13/08 11:42 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: I thought id give another update. This thread just keeps getting buried

Alien Hominid Update

That looks amazing so far! Very good frame by frame animating.

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-14 01:44:02

At 12/11/08 06:25 PM, K0Nx wrote: Can I do the newgrounds levels?

Hm, I guess you can whip up something and give it a shot -- And show me what ya got ;)

At 12/12/08 10:13 AM, sickstick wrote: I don't just have tutorials, I led both the '1 Hour Flash Challenges' which both scored mega high.

I'm a bit iffy since I don't know what parts you created in those 1 hour challenges, but I'll add you to the list. Don't let me down, because you can organize a flash collab well, but animate horribly -- Some people can do that, I just hope you can do both good :]

At 12/12/08 05:02 PM, flashfrog wrote: Check my Deviantart

I apologize but it doesn't seem like your skills really make the cut.

At 12/12/08 05:50 PM, Goat-Man wrote: I would like very much to keep my spots :D

Ah, glad to hear from you! Nice to see you around! Glad to know that you're sticking around for this piece.

At 12/12/08 09:41 PM, willobeen wrote: I'm still in!

Sweet!

At 12/13/08 11:42 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: Alien Hominid Update

Look really amazing man, keep up the good work! :)

As the collab just lifted off it's feet, improvement is being shown, and I'm satisfied :) Here's a news update:

Parts:
1.) Fancy Pants Adventures&Another Day -Rudy *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
2.) Nameless&Edible Castle -Goat-man *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
3.) Brakenwood - Toasterdemon
4.) Alien Hominid - Tystarr
5.) Neurotically Yours (Foamy) - denzel-crocker *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
6.) Madness -kuorydaninja *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
7.) Pico - aquaticmole
8.) Weebl N' Bob - Matt-Frozenfire ** DONE
9.) James The Zebra -SamIam *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
10.) Waterman - PBass *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
11.) Dads Home - FrozenSheep
12.) Johnny RocketFingers - Willobeen *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
13.) Mr.Coo - Chillycheese
14.) Magical Trevor - xxflareknightxx *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
15.) Reboot - Lambinvoker *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
16.) ??? - KyleDaFox
17.) Mastermind - Racky *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
18.) Brakenwood - SergeantWeavern
19.) RWD Mascot - Anigen
20.) Badly Drawn Dawg - timmy-the-wing
21.) Dads Home - doomshock *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
22.) The Skater V2 series! - Jeski *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
23.) Mastermind&AWESOME SERIES- Olzone *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
24.) Alfred's Playhouse - darkshadow8181 *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
25.) ??? - TITROTU
26.) ??? - BlueHippo *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
27.) Eskimo Bob - Sirkowski ** DONE
28.) ??? - AlmightyHans *** RECEIVED RESPONSE
29.) Tankmen - brycemilburn

30.) My Newgrounds - Wasimh
31.) Alien Hominid - KartuneHustla
32.) Bitey - OctoFlash
33.) asdf - Sickstick
34.) Open!
35.) Open!
36.) Open!
37.) Open!
38.) Open!
39.) Open!
40.) Open!

NEWS UPDATES:
***SICKSTICK WAS ADDED TO THE LIST!
***KARTUNEHUSTLA CREATED AN AMAZING ANIMATION FOR HIS ALIEN HOMINID PART.
***RECIEVED RESPONSES FROM A FEW ARTISTS: 11 ARTISTS STILL AWAITING RESPONSE APPROVAL
***7 SPOTS OPEN!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-14 06:22:30

At 12/14/08 01:44 AM, Rudy wrote:
At 12/12/08 05:02 PM, flashfrog wrote: Check my Deviantart

I will try to make something, it's ok if you refuse to use it

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-16 19:44:05

At 12/14/08 06:22 AM, flashfrog wrote:
I will try to make something, it's ok if you refuse to use it

Alrighty :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-16 20:35:30

Um there are 2 people with alien hominid. I dont know if this is what you wanted, i just wanted to point it out. No im not joining, unless pivot animation can do hah.

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-16 20:57:06

Cool!
I have some good ideas...
:D

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-16 21:12:51

At 12/16/08 08:35 PM, Cassidy14 wrote: Um there are 2 people with alien hominid. I dont know if this is what you wanted, i just wanted to point it out. No im not joining, unless pivot animation can do hah.

It doesn't quite matter at this point :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-17 03:23:55

im in, ill do tankmen if thats cool

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-17 10:23:38

Can i join please?

i really need a breakthrough here on newgrounds..
i dont really know how good i am animation but im pretty good
drawing on here so.. you do the math.. hmm PM me if i can join.

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-17 13:47:19

yeah PM me as well, that would be great

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-17 14:25:31

I'd like to try to make a part, I know my previous flashes aren't very good but I'm supposedly not bad with my more recent, unfinished stuff. I'll try for a Castle Crashers part and see where that takes me.

GT: Danul454

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-17 20:14:57

Hey man I like to give it a shot. I'd like to do one with quite a few characters of newgrounds such as Pico and friends, Tankmen, Dad n' Me and maybe a little of Tom Fulp.

cheese smells... EAT HAM!!!

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-17 22:28:57

OK SO HERE IS THE THING...

Since the NG collab is about all the people who make NG the way it is from animating and all that stuff, I thought I would throw in some of my VOICE ACTING.

Now I am not trying to be an attention whore or anything... but I think all of the VOICE ACTORS should collab in this as well. I am just starting out, but many people say my voice is great. And think about this... What would a flash be without quality voice acting? Sure, many great flashs like Fancy Pants Adevnture dont even have voice acting! But, many great ones DO as well. Metal Gear Awesome... best example I can throw at you.

The three main popular voice actors on this site are...

http://tomamoto.newgrounds.com/
http://d-mac-double.newgrounds.com/
http://sonicmega.newgrounds.com/

And they make some pretty amazing shit.

So anyway, I am wondering if it would be a good idea for all the popular voice actors to try out in this as well. I am just starting out, but I have made it on the front page with my voice acting and might even win a 500$ prize in this years christmas competition. So I might as well give this a shot as well.

Once I get the word, I'll hurl some messages to all those voice actors and we can voice act all the lines.

I'll send the leader here a PM.

OOOHHH!!!! im working with the big guys now! Im gonna go make some blog post about this! ^___^

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-18 04:34:19

Everyone that wants to participate, please wait until tomorrow or so. I currently have a Trojan-Virus called "Virtumonde." I'm trying to figure out ways to remove this, so please if anyone has any information: PLEASE HELP.

It's affecting my Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari searches -- I can't google solutions since it's controlling my google/yahoo search results -- So ANYONE with a solution, please help me.

Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-18 06:44:52

At 12/18/08 04:34 AM, Rudy wrote: Everyone that wants to participate, please wait until tomorrow or so. I currently have a Trojan-Virus called "Virtumonde." I'm trying to figure out ways to remove this, so please if anyone has any information: PLEASE HELP.

It's affecting my Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari searches -- I can't google solutions since it's controlling my google/yahoo search results -- So ANYONE with a solution, please help me.

Thank you.

Damn. . . Trojan. Try downloading the virus program. AVAST. It works for me. If you need more use. SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY. and if either of em don't work (which they should) try the program. STINGER (I think that's the name). anyway. they should get rid of that trojan for sure ;)

Back to the collab, Of course I'm in. Very good idea, I would like to do, HMMMNN. either Dad 'N' Me or Tankmen. If they're taken. I'll take Bitey. If his taken I'll think of another thing I can do.

animation. go to my NG userpage and check out my flash tut. Its got good examples on that.

Artwork. Go here>

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-18 14:30:12

That is some serious shit man.. You can't get rid of it either. It destroys your computer.. You need to get ALL YOUR PROJECTS and back them up on some discs before time runs out. Then, get the original disc that you used to install everything into your computer and put it in the disc drive. Then restart your computer. The disc will run a program that will guide you through some simple stpes. Your computer will be completley cleaned. The virus will be gone. YOU MUST OUT EVERY FILE YOU WANT ON A DISC!!!

Now then, if you do not wish to do this and want to risk having your computer blown away by some stupid file, then use this program. It MIGHT take care of the problem... but the virus copies itself automatically. this virus remove will tell you everything you need to know, and might even solve your problem. The best free thing out there.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybo tsd/index.html

Good luck. I had this problem before with the same virus. I advise you to try everything I just told you... unless you want to have all your hard work screwed over. X (

Respond please so I know if it worked or not.

Also, you can try using this.

http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/?r ef=google&gclid=CIzQxrXzypcCFQEuxwodThZW dw

That is a very good program as well.

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-19 04:00:34

At 12/18/08 04:34 AM, Rudy wrote: Everyone that wants to participate, please wait until tomorrow or so. I currently have a Trojan-Virus called "Virtumonde." I'm trying to figure out ways to remove this, so please if anyone has any information: PLEASE HELP.

Go to your folder options and enable yourself to view full file name extensions and hidden files. Next download CCleaner and either Dr.Delete or Zap. I'm not sure if they're free, but head to the pirate bay if not. Also, it could be helpful to grab NOD32 from the PirateBay. This may take a while, so you might have to deal with Virtumonde's popups for a bit. Next go to your System32 folder and find Virtumonde.dll and rename it "DeleteMe" without giving it a file extention. Next restart your computer and run it in Safe mode (Press F8 a lot while it starts). Logon to the account named administrator if you can. Navigate to System32 and delete the file. Next run CCleaner and get rid of any files it tells you to. Then Dr.Delete or Zap and do the same. After that, if you can, run Windows System Restore (If you have Vista press the start button and enter "restore" into the searchbox, I'm not sure if XP has the system restore feature, it may be available for download however) and set it to about a week or more since you first experienced the virus's effects. After the computer restarts run every virus scanner you have. If it all is good, then resume your computing. If not, then try again, or, worst case scenario, put all your important files on USB, portable hardrive, DVD, or another computer and purchase a system restart disc and try that.

Also, there is a program called VundoFix that specializes in removing this trojan. I wish you luck in getting rid of this file Rudy!

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-19 12:24:40

Hey I'm still in... I want to go head to headz with Da Hustla.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-21 02:58:45

At 12/17/08 10:23 AM, Niemanns wrote: Can i join please?

I'd like to see some recent work please :)

At 12/17/08 02:25 PM, Toki911 wrote: I'd like to try to make a part, I know my previous flashes aren't very good but I'm supposedly not bad with my more recent, unfinished stuff. I'll try for a Castle Crashers part and see where that takes me.

Well, let me see some sketches and animation and maybe you'll be able to join in ;)

At 12/17/08 08:14 PM, JRS93 wrote: Hey man I like to give it a shot. I'd like to do one with quite a few characters of newgrounds such as Pico and friends, Tankmen, Dad n' Me and maybe a little of Tom Fulp.

Alright, well show some recent work -- your newgrounds profile doesn't show great work.

At 12/19/08 12:24 PM, Tystarr wrote: Hey I'm still in... I want to go head to headz with Da Hustla.

Sweet, thanks for the response!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-21 05:51:16

I would like to do Mastermind if it's ok. I'll start right away with some sketches and tests.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-21 16:58:49

never mind, i'll think it over. a short storyline with stolen characters. It's fun, but i don't want to copy everything :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-21 17:50:50

So hows the virus thing coming along? Did any of our suggestions help you?

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-21 20:33:50

At 12/21/08 04:58 PM, Lesjuh wrote: never mind, i'll think it over. a short storyline with stolen characters. It's fun, but i don't want to copy everything :(

You could still do mastermind -- That's totally fine :D It's not quite stolen characters since that's the whole point of this collab.

At 12/21/08 05:50 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: So hows the virus thing coming along? Did any of our suggestions help you?

The Virus is gone! Thanks for everyone's help! I made a post in my other collab thread, I suppose I didn't quite respond with the great feedback in this thread :P I used two programs to remove it all, and it was successful ! I've been virtuemonde free for a while! woo! :)

By the way, Everyone SamIam dropped out of the collab, so there are 8 spots open still. And I'm still awaiting on 10 responses to my PMs -- I'll send out another set of PMs asking them to notify me back, and if they don't respond -- They will be booted out of the collab due to inactivity.

Ones Who Didn't Respond to PMs:
1.) Brakenwood - Toasterdemon
2.) ??? - TITROTU
3.) Pico - aquaticmole
4.) Tankmen - brycemilburn
5.) Dads Home - FrozenSheep
6.) Mr.Coo - Chillycheese
7.) ??? - KyleDaFox
8.) Brakenwood - SergeantWeavern
9.) RWD Mascot - Anigen
10.) Badly Drawn Dawg - timmy-the-wing

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-22 03:50:54

Hey, you didnt seem to catch my post.
Is is cool if i join? I'd rather do castle crashers now instead of tankmen.
please get back to me

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-26 12:59:18

At 12/22/08 03:50 AM, TheSpicanator wrote: Hey, you didnt seem to catch my post.
Is is cool if i join? I'd rather do castle crashers now instead of tankmen.
please get back to me

Please provide some examples of your work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-26 14:49:39

lol,i just posted this in your other collab rudy...
CLIKC HERE

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-26 14:51:21

dont mind my last post, sorry

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-26 15:59:18

well theres two shorts on my page. But i dont have a website or anything, do you want me to send you some of my drawings?

Response to The Newgrounds Collab *Revived! 2008-12-26 16:34:35

At 12/26/08 02:51 PM, doomshock wrote: dont mind my last post, sorry

arggggg!!

yes mind my last post