00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,438 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-05 23:53:53

At 4/5/05 10:43 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 4/5/05 07:42 PM, twilight_venom wrote: that's so easy man. raven says that right before he dies, or after i don't remember. my favorite is from snake. Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws. or something like that.
Yup, Vulcan Raven says this whilst he is being eaten by his ravens. Congrats.

Yeah, Solid says that when he is talking to Mei Ling about contacting Meryl. He is describing the Codec.

Let's try another: "What is that gun? And that stance? Hahaha."

Name the speaker, and if possible, the installment of MGS it's from.

that's a tough one. it sounds really familiar though. i think ocelot says it in the virtuous mission part of mgs3 after snake/big boss (i'm not sure who he is yet, since i haven't finished the game) rescues sokolov. that cat sound was pretty creepy. :)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-06 04:09:26

At 4/5/05 11:53 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
that's a tough one. it sounds really familiar though. i think ocelot says it in the virtuous mission part of mgs3 after snake/big boss (i'm not sure who he is yet, since i haven't finished the game) rescues sokolov. that cat sound was pretty creepy. :)

Yup, Ocelot says that to Naked Snake in the part like you said.

I'm too damn lazy to make a decent sig right now.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-06 06:48:02

YES, i finnaly finished MGS3. that must have been the best game i've ever played. i did think the fight with the boss was to easy. she didnt even destroyed half of my health... and i almost had a heartattack when ocelot shot the gun in that little game in the end. i hadnt saved since i got out of groznij grad, and i didnt want to do all that again.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-06 08:47:17

Yup. Twilight is correct again. Good work, man.

At 4/6/05 06:48 AM, _Nevyn_ wrote: YES, i finnaly finished MGS3. that must have been the best game i've ever played. i did think the fight with the boss was to easy. she didnt even destroyed half of my health... and i almost had a heartattack when ocelot shot the gun in that little game in the end. i hadnt saved since i got out of groznij grad, and i didnt want to do all that again.

Awesome game, eh? Most of the boss battles are too easy I find(Excluding The End. I hate that bastard! >:( ). Man, that would've sucked if it wasn't a blank, eh? Did you get to keep the Colt Single Action Army at the end for your next game?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 05:40:30

hello, I have finished MGS3 but how do you keep de cammos that I have collected ?And use it for my next playtrough, because I have collected some of the bosses cammo and now with my next playtrough they aren't there and the weapons I have unlockt aren't there either and I have unlockt some stuff like the patriot and the SAA and that tuxido suit but where are they? Please help !!!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 05:50:29

At 4/7/05 05:40 AM, jo3ri wrote: hello, I have finished MGS3 but how do you keep de cammos that I have collected ?

did you save after you beat it? if you did then you should be able to load the game that you beat. but be aware that you cant change the difficulty.
any way if you are still taking members I would like to join.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 06:33:32

At 4/7/05 05:50 AM, A_A_Sam_Bandit wrote:
At 4/7/05 05:40 AM, jo3ri wrote: hello, I have finished MGS3 but how do you keep de cammos that I have collected ?
did you save after you beat it? if you did then you should be able to load the game that you beat. but be aware that you cant change the difficulty.
any way if you are still taking members I would like to join.

hey thanx

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 06:45:32

At 4/6/05 08:47 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Awesome game, eh? Most of the boss battles are too easy I find(Excluding The End. I hate that bastard! >:( ). Man, that would've sucked if it wasn't a blank, eh? Did you get to keep the Colt Single Action Army at the end for your next game?

yeah, i got the collt single action army, the patriot, and a tuxedo.
i thought The End was easy! i had problems with The Fear.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 06:46:52

At 4/7/05 05:40 AM, jo3ri wrote:
hey thanx

no problem I love that game so much.<=')

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 06:59:55

Awesome game, eh? Most of the boss battles are too easy I find(Excluding The End. I hate that bastard! >:( ). Man, that would've sucked if it wasn't a blank, eh? Did you get to keep the Colt Single Action Army at the end for your next game?

yeah, i got the collt single action army, the patriot, and a tuxedo.
i thought The End was easy! i had problems with The Fear.

On with dificutie thit you played?I'm bisy with Europien extreme right nowe and OMFG it's so difficult sometimes, nowe i'm bussy with The end and try to hold him up and then trankulise him.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 09:39:40

Alright! Excellent news. In one day, I completed my replay of Snake Eater and got both the Stealth Camoflouge and Infinity Facepaint. Stealth isn't as good as in the other games, though, unfortunatly. SOmetimes it gives you 100% on your camo index, sometimes 95%. Also, if you run around in front of a guy with 95%, he'll see you. Worse yet, once they spot you once, they never lose you, even if you un-equip and re-equip the Stealth. They'll still follow and shoot you.

Infinity Facepaint though looks awesome! It puts a lot of Chinese characters on your face, and, of course, gives you infinity ammunition of all items in your weapon inventory(Including grenades, guns, mousetraps, etc.)

Now, on the playthrough I am on now, after I just saw the cutscene with Ocelot at Rassvet on Operation Snake Eater, I am going through and trying to interrogate all the enemies I can, to get numerous tidbits of info. I also plan on using my Stealth Camo to finally get the Moss Camo from The End.

To those who have beaten the game, I suggest you go to www.metalgearsolid.com for a secret. Click on Secret Theater to see deleted scenes from the game. They are purely for comedic value and have no effect on the storyline, but are funny to see nonetheless. You must have beaten the game first, though, for there is a test of 5 questions with spoilers you must answer to gain access to the theater.

Let's try another quote, shall we? Can you guess who, and in what installment, said this:
"In the Middle-East, we don't hunt foxes. We hunt jackels! Instead of using foxhounds, we use Royal Harriers!"

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 09:53:34

I'll join... This include MGS snake eater? Cos that kicks so much ass...

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 10:02:05

Is the stealth camo the one you get from a locker which looks just like a black version of The Boss's suit?

Did anyone get that
--<SPOILER>--
Ocelot was working for the CIA as ADAM, before the phonecall? (From the phonecall at the end after the credits)
--<>--

Did anyone find out who the Boss's son was? Apparently you can work it out if you play the game enough and look for all the small hints/clues etc...

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 10:07:14

"

Isn't there an uncanny resemblence between Colonel Raikov in MSG3 and Raiden in MSG2? Even their names are similar: Raikov, Raiden.

"
Yeah, thats because if you put I liked MGS2 when you started MGS3, you got the raiden mask which you have to use for raikov's face when disguised as him.

Does anyone know why Liquid has such a different accent from the other 2 brothers? And does anyone agree that they ruined Ocelot by making him a complete prick in MGS3? Finally, did anyone catch the 3 snakes called 'Snake Solid', 'Snake Solidus' and 'Snake Liquid' in MGS3? If you want to find them they're in the field where you fight the Boss in the final battle.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 10:22:28

Does anyone know why Liquid has such a different accent from the other 2 brothers? And does anyone agree that they ruined Ocelot by making him a complete prick in MGS3? Finally, did anyone catch the 3 snakes called 'Snake Solid', 'Snake Solidus' and 'Snake Liquid' in MGS3? If you want to find them they're in the field where you fight the Boss in the final.

read the abusive reveiws for metal gear crisis lol. because he was young and immature at that age. and finnaly yes.but all I got was liguid

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 10:28:07

At 4/7/05 10:02 AM, BtotheS wrote: questions

yeah I think so, yeah but it was sorta confusing, and Im not sure...but I think it was

*might be a spoiler*

(revolver ocelot)

*end*

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 10:45:07

At 4/7/05 09:53 AM, BtotheS wrote: I'll join... This include MGS snake eater? Cos that kicks so much ass...

Welcome to the club.

At 4/7/05 10:02 AM, BtotheS wrote: Is the stealth camo the one you get from a locker which looks just like a black version of The Boss's suit?

No,that's the Sneaking Suit. Stealth is anequipment item that makes you nigh-invisible.

Did anyone get that
--<SPOILER>--
Ocelot was working for the CIA as ADAM, before the phonecall? (From the phonecall at the end after the credits)
--<>--

Yeah, that's the typeof character Ocelot is. Manipulating. You can especially tell from the other games.

Did anyone find out who the Boss's son was? Apparently you can work it out if you play the game enough and look for all the small hints/clues etc...

My guess is Adamska AKA Ocelot.

At 4/7/05 10:07 AM, BtotheS wrote: Does anyone know why Liquid has such a different accent from the other 2 brothers? And does anyone agree that they ruined Ocelot by making him a complete prick in MGS3? Finally, did anyone catch the 3 snakes called 'Snake Solid', 'Snake Solidus' and 'Snake Liquid' in MGS3? If you want to find them they're in the field where you fight the Boss in the final battle.

I think that's just one ofthose things you don't botherworrying about. They all have different voices andvoice actors. It just adds varitey.
I loved Ocelot in Snake Eater better than in SOL or TTS. Young Adamska rules!
I caught Snake Liquid by complete chance. I never really bothered looking for them,since it's so late in the gameand whatnot.

Looks like I stumped you guys on that quote, eh? C'mon. Give 'er a guess.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 18:36:28

Yes! Finally got all the Camoflouges and Face Paints. Just had to get the Moss Camo from The End. How did I do it? I cheated! :)

I hated to do it, but I hate fighting the end. So I used my Stealth Camo to sneak up on him. How did I find him? I used the Konami Code on the map screen and it revealed his location. Bada-bing, bada-boom!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 22:16:11

At 4/7/05 06:36 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Yes! Finally got all the Camoflouges and Face Paints. Just had to get the Moss Camo from The End. How did I do it? I cheated! :)

You cheater...it doesn't prosper.

Did you know that you can kill The End early in the game by sniping him in the head after the cutscene by the reservoir?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-07 22:51:22

At 4/7/05 10:16 PM, Shoopufzilla wrote: You cheater...it doesn't prosper.

Yeah, but Hell, I'm too lazy to track him down and hold him up and everything. I'm just happy I got it.

Did you know that you can kill The End early in the game by sniping him in the head after the cutscene by the reservoir?

Yup. I tried that once, but that old geezer is fast. I got a single shot on him, but that was it. Didn't try it since 'cause I was after the Moss Camo. Might try it next game.

Just beat the game...again. This time I interrogated everyone I could and made lot's o' Radio Calls. Learned a few interesting things. I even interrogated Ivan Raidenovich Raikov and he told me "The colonal is weak against water." Didn't know how to use that against him, though.

God, I love beating the game and hearing the song "Way To Fall" by Starsailor during the credits. I gotta try and download that song. It's my favorite at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 01:40:45

Let's try another quote, shall we? Can you guess who, and in what installment, said this:
"In the Middle-East, we don't hunt foxes. We hunt jackels! Instead of using foxhounds, we use Royal Harriers!"

i have absolutely no idea what game that quote is from. i can only guess that it's from mgs3: snake eater, metal gear solid(nes), metal gear solid: snake's revenge(nes) or metal gear solid: ghost babel(gbc). i have no idea who says it though. i'll take a wild guess and say it's from mgs3 and it's volgin who says it.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 03:03:22

At 4/8/05 01:40 AM, twilight_venom wrote:

i have absolutely no idea what game that quote is from. i can only guess that it's from mgs3: snake eater, metal gear solid(nes), metal gear solid: snake's revenge(nes) or metal gear solid: ghost babel(gbc). i have no idea who says it though. i'll take a wild guess and say it's from mgs3 and it's volgin who says it.

wrong!
it is liqiud snake!
at the moment wen he is crushing grayfox with his metal gear rex.
and grayfox tell him back "a cornered fox is more dangeres then a jackel..."

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 08:29:48

At 4/7/05 06:59 AM, jo3ri wrote: On with dificutie thit you played?I'm bisy with Europien extreme right nowe and OMFG it's so difficult sometimes, nowe i'm bussy with The end and try to hold him up and then trankulise him.

u shouldnt tranquilize him. he does fotosynthesis, or whatever its called, so he can regain stamina fast. just do a hold up, and be sure to tale that camo then. his camo absolutely rules, it has stamina regeneration. very handy. and i played it on normal difficulty.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 15:05:19

The End has Photosythesis as well as The Fear. Has anyone besides me finished the monkey missions and received the banana camo?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 17:12:37

At 4/8/05 03:03 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: wrong!
it is liqiud snake!
at the moment wen he is crushing grayfox with his metal gear rex.
and grayfox tell him back "a cornered fox is more dangeres then a jackel..."

We have a winner! Good job!

Here's another: "A grunt of the virtual age, that's just great." Name the speaker and the game installment.

At 4/8/05 03:05 PM, Shoopufzilla wrote: The End has Photosythesis as well as The Fear. Has anyone besides me finished the monkey missions and received the banana camo?

The Fear does not have photosynthesis. And for whoever said not to tranq The End, you are wrong. His stamina does not regenerate, it depletes regularly. Tranqing him is easiest.

I completed the missions, but only got the Monkey Mask. You need high scores for the Banana Camo, right?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 18:22:57

We have a winner! Good job!

Here's another: "A grunt of the virtual age, that's just great." Name the speaker and the game installment.

that's way too easy, snake says that to raiden in msg2.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 19:23:00

At 4/8/05 06:22 PM, twilight_venom wrote: that's way too easy, snake says that to raiden in msg2.

Nice one. You are correct. I just started a new game on Sons Of Liberty so I thought I'd pick a quote from there. I'm big on quotes.

Ya know, playing Sons Of Liberty still makes me find it weird they named the third clone Solidus instead of Vapor or Gas. It just seems like a really odd thing to do.

Here's another quote, just for fun. "When you give into fear, the darkness comes." Speaker and installment, as usual, guys. And if you guys want to start putting up quotes for me and others to guess, feel free. It's a nice way to keep the club active as well as test the knowledge of the group.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 19:32:14

At 4/8/05 07:23 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 4/8/05 06:22 PM, twilight_venom wrote: that's way too easy, snake says that to raiden in msg2.
Nice one. You are correct. I just started a new game on Sons Of Liberty so I thought I'd pick a quote from there. I'm big on quotes.

Ya know, playing Sons Of Liberty still makes me find it weird they named the third clone Solidus instead of Vapor or Gas. It just seems like a really odd thing to do.

Here's another quote, just for fun. "When you give into fear, the darkness comes." Speaker and installment, as usual, guys. And if you guys want to start putting up quotes for me and others to guess, feel free. It's a nice way to keep the club active as well as test the knowledge of the group.

vapor snake or gas snake. that'd be funny. peter stillman from mgs2. i'll try to post quotes too, but i just can't think of anything. maybe when i receive the mgs2: substance game i bought on ebay, i'll think of something. that game is so awesome. skateboarding, vr missions, snake tales, more unlockables, it's everything a metal gear solid fan would want. so, the quotes are just an excuse to keep this club alive, huh? :P well, if it works, i'll post some quotes too.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 20:58:03

You're correct, vemon. You sure know you're SOL quotes. Can you get this one? "No, not just around here. I'm the boss to surpass Big Boss himself."

I rented and played Substance once. Didn't really care for it. It was cool having all that stuff, but I was hoping you could to stuff like take Ninja Raiden into the actual game, which would've been killer! It's alright. I probably would have bought it if I owned The Document Of MGS2:SOL. If you have a save from that game(I think it's a game. Not sure what it is, really), everything is automatically unlocked on Substance.

Ya know, after mastering Snake Eater, I find Sons Of Liberty so freakin' easy thanks to the Soliton Radar. You really don't need it once you get used to it.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-04-08 21:43:11

At 4/8/05 08:58 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: You're correct, vemon. You sure know you're SOL quotes. Can you get this one? "No, not just around here. I'm the boss to surpass Big Boss himself."

I rented and played Substance once. Didn't really care for it. It was cool having all that stuff, but I was hoping you could to stuff like take Ninja Raiden into the actual game, which would've been killer! It's alright. I probably would have bought it if I owned The Document Of MGS2:SOL. If you have a save from that game(I think it's a game. Not sure what it is, really), everything is automatically unlocked on Substance.

Ya know, after mastering Snake Eater, I find Sons Of Liberty so freakin' easy thanks to the Soliton Radar. You really don't need it once you get used to it.

the reason i kow so much about it is that i rented substance for 7 days and beat it seven times in a row. so that's like one finished game for each day. that was the only game i played during that period of time. it was so damn addictive. i loved the graphics, the story and the gameplay. it was truly the best ps2 game i had ever played. maybe even the best game of all time. i'm saying this because i haven't played many games. that's why i love it the most. also, i grew up with a sega genesis, a super nintendo (it was my friend's snes, not mine, so i'm not a fanboy of nintendo. i'm not a fanboy of any company, although i prefer sony) and a playstation. didn't have many games for those systems too. as a result, i didn't expect much from games, but mgs2 raised my expectations. i had never played anything like it.

that one i'm not so sure about. i'm going to guess that it's solidus from mgs2 and. it seems like something liquid would say though. oh well. i kind of hate sequels and more recent games of the same genre. snake eater is a good game, although i haven't finished it, but now the changes (not improvements) made some gamers want to have them in the previous game. if you try higher difficulty levels, you can bet the radar will be useful. it kinda pisses me of too that since splinter cell was released, some gamers were complaining about the overhead view in snake eater. if it was like splinter cell, they would complain because it would be a copycat. it's kojima's creation, not tom clancy's. he can do what he wants with it. gamers don't understand how games are made. there is a huge process that takes place, and the media and the gamers don't understand it. i'm not saying that about all gamers though. i don't mind if there are things you don't like about a game, but you have to know your limits, you know? some games aren't my style, but i don't tell the game designers to change formula just so everybody can like it. yeah, so that's the end of my rant. :)