00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GarageBand Songs

1,831 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

GarageBand Songs 2006-01-08 20:40:46

Who here has GarageBand songs in the Audio Portal.

Me.

black dick

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-08 21:53:14

If you used premade loops, I'll kill you.

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-08 22:23:11

And i will help in the killing of you.
Loops are bad, it shows you have no musical ability at all, but wish to have that ability.
If it's like using *just* a drum loop because you can't play drums or have them, that I can understand, but if it's the recorded guitar loops, or the piano loops, then I'll fucking kill you.

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-09 11:11:58

GB (shudder)

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-13 18:21:54

At 1/8/06 09:53 PM, -API- wrote: If you used premade loops, I'll kiss you.

No thanks.

black dick

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-13 18:25:19

Hey! The drum loops are actually useful if you have a guitar but no drummer.

AND, you don't HAVE to use the loops. You can play your own music with the software instruments.

Besides, what's wrong with using loops? If it sounds good, then let it be. Effort alone is shit.

And you people probably haven't ever used GarageBand!

Fags.

black dick

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-13 18:31:11

At 1/8/06 10:23 PM, TurmionKatilot wrote: And i will help in the killing of you.
Loops are bad, it shows you have no musical ability at all, but wish to have that ability.

Dumbass. The loops are FOR (notice the bold text) people without musical ability. But an idiot like you would assume that I have no musical ability. I have an electric guitar, and I play it. Fag.

If it's like using *just* a drum loop because you can't play drums or have them, that I can understand,

I'm glad you understand it.

:but if it's the recorded guitar loops, or the piano loops,

Which are ment to be used (not to mention every other loop).

:then I'll fucking kill you.

Do your worst.

If there are loops for you to use, then why are you saying I SHOULDN'T use them? It's my fucking descision, asshole.

black dick

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-13 19:15:16

hahahaha omfg i dont know were to start....hahahahahahha rofl....

loops are cheating in a way. its like if someone gave you 10 paintings and told you to hang them up in a good order for a museum. you hang them up. but then when people ask you who made the paintings you say "i did!"

see what im saying? besides last time i checked loops are against the AP rules.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-13 19:23:45

At 1/8/06 08:40 PM, -2x4-Yusof wrote: Who here has GarageBand songs in the Audio Portal.

Me.

Who here actually cared?

Nobody.

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-15 15:49:38

hahahah im going to upload some garageband songs today. but not that mac stuff our band used an mp3 voice recorder until we can get some real equipment

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-16 18:21:01

Garageband? Good for you, unfortunately, every other person in the AP has had and abandoned it, and by taking an aggressive approach you threw rationalizing out the window. I doubt anyone will listen to your music from here unless it's just to flame you back.

I can understand if "Premade loops" in dance floor music can upset people, but "Premade loops" is also known as Sampling, some of the biggest and most innovative names in music have sampled, and it's quite naive to call it bogus; you're throwing out a large and intellectual part of electronic music. I'd only pity a sampler if he recreated rock songs and say he did the instruments.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-16 19:33:07

Ell oh ell.

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-16 20:40:15

i plan on using soundtrack (GB for grown-ups) to record some things. But, I plan on doing most of the guitar work myself, once i get electrics for my acoustic because i suck at drums, and i don't own a bass. I also don't see why people frown so much on a program like this. Yes, using premade loops is dumb if that's all you use and call it your own, However, I think that using the said program can be used as a very valuable learning tool for the growing guitarist. You can expiriment with soloing, sampling, songwriting, and musicianship. This allows you to grow exponentially without wasting the time of your fellow musicians. Oh, well. As long as your're not an ass about loops and you're inputing your own instumentation, i don't see any problems with it.

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-16 22:11:14

My rule is, I don't like to sample multi-note passages of music unless I have performed them myself. Under that specification, multi-note applys to drum rythms, but not to noise. That way, I'm at least the sole creator and arranger of single sounds into melodies and rythms, if not the creator of the sounds themselves, and I feel that's the way it should be. This doesn't mean I boycott anyone who does differently; it's just how I like to work.

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-17 13:38:10

Personally, i don't like using loops, but i have nothing against people who does use them. I know that in some situations it's superior, for example, if you need lifelike drums but don't have any real drums. These can be very hard to do, and i know, someone already mentioned this, but i thought i'd agree, you CAN use loops as long as you put effort in your arrangement and getting everything howb you want it.

I have spoken.

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-17 18:07:10

I wish i had it...........damnit

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-17 18:17:47

I think loops can be cool if you make them evident in your music, not if you try to disguise them as real drums.

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-18 02:18:44

They ARE real drums, and there's no shame in it.

I think the purpose of this topic shifted.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-18 12:07:30

At 1/18/06 02:18 AM, Erkie wrote: They ARE real drums, and there's no shame in it.

What I meant was; I think it's bad if you use loops to make it sound like a drummer played an entire song. It's cheating and it's noticeable, and I don't like it. Loops can certainly be real drums.

I think the purpose of this topic shifted.

Me too.

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to GarageBand Songs 2006-01-20 07:38:05

GarageBand is loop based, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to use loops in your compositions. In fact it's pretty powerful considering it supports the Audio Unit standard, supports external MIDI controllers and keyboards, has the ability to notate music and much more. The only downside for me is that the channels only have two insert effects...

> twitter.